AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 59 50.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-11, 20:52   Link #21
Primary Consult

Excellent ep!
++The theme about debts/gratitude, LO's to Touma, Index's trivial one to Accel, and Accel's major one to LO
+Misaka Imouto scene was great, I'm not sure what the original one was but this one was plenty entertaining, especially the "unable to be honest" part
+Accelerator's past and how Yomikawa might be able to relate...
+Loli swap
+LO + Accel calling each others' names at the end

A few annoyances:
-Trolled hard about Touma meeting the "new" Accelerator
-The mention of Child Errors was omitted, as they were featured heavily in the second half of Railgun it would have been a nice link. Maybe later?

Thanks yukirosuzuka for the novel snippets .
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:54   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty nice episode. I feel so bad for Stiyl with what he has to put up with on a daily basis.

It was good to have this focus on Accelerator. Interesting job painting the similarities between the Accelerator/Last Order duo and Touma/Index. Two lolis with weird names . But a tough place for Accelerator with all the blood on his hands and the life he's lived up to this point. But really liked seeing how Last Order looked at things and how she feels.

But seems like things can't just end with some peaceful chatting. There has to be some major battles.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:05   Link #23
D-Gold
Aurum

I am starting to like the op as I listen to it more.

As for the episode. it feels strange watching this show for two weeks without a touma speech or touma punch. Still enjoyed the episode though. it had all my favorite things in it accel and mikoto and slice of life-ness and toumaxmikoto moments.
Looks like we are getting back to some accel action next episode which is always welcome. Never thought I would see him get blooded that bad before.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:22   Link #24
Crackabad

wouldve liked some more toumaxmikoto scenes
but all in all, great episode
give it a 9
Old 2011-02-11, 22:31   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
-The mention of Child Errors was omitted, as they were featured heavily in the second half of Railgun it would have been a nice link. Maybe later?
It was only brief mentioned, but the general idea was there- that Accelerator along with some other kids, had been placed in several institutions with interesting code names. This was well before he was dumped into the Level 6 Shift Experiment, and throughout the whole time nobody could control him.

[Special Ability Institute] was the main institute created for the experiment and research of Dual-skills. Until now, it was certain that the students can only use one ability, and the conclusion was out that the simultaneous manifestation of two or more abilities was impossible; those pieces of data were primarily gathered there.

He had also been in institutions like [Produce], [May Project of Darkness], [Induced Explosion Experiments for the Analysis of the Law of Berserk Abilities] -> This one might sound barely familiar to people. Other names include [Imaginary Numbers], [Intelligence], [Foggy Hill] and [Abyss].
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 22:36   Link #26
sayde

I was a little surprised to see the name "Touma" go completely under Accelerator's radar. I guess the name is so common that it didn't raise any suspicion on his part. What I really liked about this episode was that it put into clear perspective just how much Accelerator has changed. From the talk he had with Yomikawa to the mere gesture of treating a complete stranger to lunch, I have to say, a lot of that caught me by surprise.

I also loved the Misaka/Misaka sisters x Touma moments. And finally, I gotta give this episode credit for building up an encounter that was never going to happen in the first place. lol

Hopefully the two will cross paths prior to the very end of the season.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 22:40   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I was a little surprised to see the name "Touma" go completely under Accelerator's radar. I guess the name is so common that it didn't raise any suspicion on his part.
In the first place, I don't think Accelerator even knew the name of the Level 0 that defeated him.

Quote:
What I really liked about this episode was that it put into clear perspective just how much Accelerator has changed. From the talk he had with Yomikawa to the mere gesture of treating a complete stranger to lunch, I have to say, a lot of that caught me by surprise.
It was Yomikawa that convinced him to try to be nice to people, unfortunately for him the first stranger he help ate a chunk of his wallet

Quote:
I also loved the Misaka/Misaka sisters x Touma moments. And finally, I gotta give this episode credit for building up an encounter that was never going to happen in the first place. lol

Hopefully the two will cross paths prior to the very end of the season.
Major tease- Touma meeting Accelerator... One major tease...
Old 2011-02-11, 22:56   Link #28
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In the first place, I don't think Accelerator even knew the name of the Level 0 that defeated him.
Now that you mention it...touche.
Quote:
It was Yomikawa that convinced him to try to be nice to people, unfortunately for him the first stranger he help ate a chunk of his wallet
At least he given the word "thanks" in return. lol
Quote:
Major tease- Touma meeting Accelerator... One major tease...
I'm not sure if you're implying it to be a tease for the whole season, or just for this one episode alone. Either way, you successfully managed to screw with my head.
Feel free to pm me if you want to spoil it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 23:24   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The 2nd half was pretty nice, especially the part where Last Order and Intel crossed each other like some hostage exchange and they got back to their owners. Really good scene.
The part with the Misakas fighting over Touma was kind of fun, but one problem was that in the end, they all got ignored. So... what happens to the batsu game? How about the goggles? Eh? It's over?

The very first part was............... Yeah, great. (-_-) If they are going to draw fanservice (and they sure do this season), at least make it as awesome as Orsora's butt during that part where Touma went into the showering room...

And as always, the art is so unstable... One example being that loli-sister... (Not Index or Kugimiya, but the blond one)

Anyways, back to the fighting again. Wonder if it will get boring again... That guy fighting Accel in the OP it seems.

PS: Nukenin joutai?! (Kanzaki's line) Everyone would love to be Nukenin (Shedinja's JP name) indeed! Wonder Guard! Uwoooooo-...
PPS: Come to think of it, "Jyan"-woman... is in Anti-Skill... Oh I remember how useless they were...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 00:43   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

Goodness Laura in bathtub with her legs open and Stiyl isn't even fazed!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 00:47   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Stiyl is a holy man of pure heart and virtue after all.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:56   Link #32
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm giving this episode a 9 and not a 10 solely because some of the stuff I think deserved a spot in this episode didn't make it - namely Tsuchimikado and Aogami seeing Touma and LO together and more details about Accel's past.
Damn I knew there was something missing. A pity it didn't make the cut, it was a hilarious scene.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:58   Link #33
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Last Order is soo cute. It's quite a change of pace for Touma because he always have Index with him. Well, Accelerator is still a human and Last Order changed him for something better.

-> Touma has 3 Misakas to deal with this episode which is really funny.
-> The washing machine scene is really funny. I wonder where on earth did they grew up? I know Kaori has a nice body but seeing her in an open yukata without wearing any under and wet? Now that just too much
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 01:26   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Last Order is soo cute. It's quite a change of pace for Touma because he always have Index with him.
Lol, Touma instinctively tried to bride Last Order with food because he was programmed to do it for Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post

-> The washing machine scene is really funny. I wonder where on earth did they grew up? I know Kaori has a nice body but seeing her in an open yukata without wearing any under and wet? Now that just too much
It seems that both Kaori and Index have a critical weakness to technology
Old 2011-02-12, 01:52   Link #35
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Just about everyone on the magic side has an inaptness when it comes to technology, except Stiyl.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 02:14   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Just about everyone on the magic side has an inaptness when it comes to technology, except Stiyl.
Don't forget Orsola, she can at least use a handphone.

(Oh, and Oriana too for later on.)
Old 2011-02-12, 02:29   Link #37
HandofFate

How many times is Touma gonna ditch Mikoto :/ I felt kind of bad for her.
Old 2011-02-12, 02:44   Link #38
DorkingtonPugsly

great episode

I loved this episode! It was great in so many ways. Every friday I look forward to a new index, and usually starting saturday I look forward to friday for the new episode. I'm happy that Index is finally in a great arc but I'm getting sad thinking about how it's going to be over soon. That's why I've decided to read the light novels while waiting for a possible 3rd season (in japanese off course).

Cant wait for next week!
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 02:48   Link #39
Soraya21

The art was a little iffy at certain places, but overall a great episode. Taking another, much needed break from all the action and watching just the simple interaction scenes between the ToAru characters is what I enjoyed most about it.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:02   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because he only likes lolis

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote