AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 08:17   Link #601
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mizoguchi is the only one missing. There are only seven candidates: the first two from each of the three teams - Taneshima + Kenji + Mutta.
Old 2012-10-08, 08:21   Link #602
Insane
Banned

Another dandy episode. But it seems they will prolong the results announcement for quite a few more episodes with more flashbacks. Sounds like mutta is a lock anyway after passing azuma’s test
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 14:30   Link #603
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mizoguchi is the only one missing. There are only seven candidates: the first two from each of the three teams - Taneshima + Kenji + Mutta.
No there are 8 candidates. Jaxa picked 9 candidates but Taneshima quit. You forgot Kitamura (the woman from Kenji's group) who wasn't top 2 either. Mizoguchi and Taneshima were the best ranked from Team B. It means only Rubik's cube boy flunked the exam from Team B. Mizoguchi might be an ass, but his competitive spirit made the whole team minus the nerd pass the exam.

This reminded me of who is missing in the last scene. It's the 3rd woman, Team C's short haired woman. So Wasabi Guy is the only remain of Team C we have if the woman failed here.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-10-08 at 14:54.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 14:32   Link #604
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I love Mama and Papa Nanba

Mama: We're going to Disneyland!

Papa: Something Mountain...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 15:16   Link #605
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
No there are 8 candidates. Jaxa picked 9 candidates but Taneshima quit. You forgot Kitamura (the woman from Kenji's group) who wasn't top 2 either. Mizoguchi and Taneshima were the best ranked from Team B. It means only Rubik's cube boy flunked the exam from Team B. Mizoguchi might be an ass, but his competitive spirit made the whole team minus the nerd pass the exam.

This reminded me of who is missing in the last scene. It's the 3rd woman, Team C's short haired woman. So Wasabi Guy is the only remain of Team C we have if the woman failed here.
I had totally forgotten about Kitamura. I thought Kenji had been chosen as Taneshima's replacement, and all this time I thought Kitamaru was acutally from team C (I don't even know what the woman from team C looks like )

Two people missing then. Again, not sure it means anything.
Old 2012-10-09, 00:31   Link #606
sa547
*Author

For the record: probably the first celebrity seiyuu to conduct a voice-acting session in space!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ime-from-space
Old 2012-10-09, 01:05   Link #607
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

I thought the results aren't known because they're still deliberating?

I'm confused about the whole "missing" candidates thing you guys are talking about.
Ep 23 at the very start, or 9:26 shows all the candidates.
2 members from each team were picked (amongst themselves), JAXA picked the last 3 members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Mizoguchi might be an ass, but his competitive spirit made the whole team minus the nerd pass the exam.
Did I miss an episode or am I forgetting something? When did this happen?
EDIT: Ok, I think I get what this means. I disagree, Hoshika said their team had the most intelligence so it's logical most of their members passed. Mizoguchi carrying the team? God, no.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:43   Link #608
ookamigirl

Lots of childhood flashbacks in this episode.
Mostly about the UFO sighting.
Seems like everything was revolving around it.
Hope the plot will move forward soon.
This just felt like stalling..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:01   Link #609
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a cute episode. Hibito is definitely a nice little brother. I wish the plot had progressed a bit in the present too but I'm not complaining since the episode was excellent.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:31   Link #610
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

First off, I love Hibito's Corvette Stingray in the OP. Corvette became the unofficial car of the Mercury astronauts. The Stingray is from the late 1960s; the photograph at the top of the linked article is from 1969. Hibito's 'Vette has a "two-tone" paint job, too. I liked the brief shot of the 1950-ish Ford parked next to a fence. Is that to show Japanese people the American car culture? These scenes almost seem a tribute to cars in America.

Then there was the hoe-down scene. I find it a bit hard to believe that this scene is based on participant observation of actual NASA parties, but you never know. And Hibito had taught himself all the songs! Whatta guy!

Wasn't there a bit of jealousy in Mutta's voice in the promo when he hears that Serika is buying a Hibito poster? The subject of Hibito has come up before with Serika seeming to have a little crush on younger brother. It drove Mutta crazy then as I recall. I don't think Serika and Hibito have met, have they? It's a good thing Hibito is leaving, or Serika would probably ask Mutta to introduce her!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 09:05   Link #611
Kirarakim

What a great episode, love the relationship between Hibito & Mutta. I also love their parents..OFF

And of course the square dancing
Old 2012-10-14, 09:37   Link #612
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wonderful episode. Simple, beautiful emotional honesty and love between brothers who each think of the other as their hero.

We probably haven’t spent enough time talking about Watanabe Ayumu, the director behind Space Brothers. “The other Watanabe” did a fantastic job with Nazo no Kanojo X, and he’s acing it here with a project that could hardly be more stylistically different. Watanabe’s fingerprints were easier to spot in the more avant-garde and accessorized MGX, but he’s pretty much disappeared into the background here – the way that other great director named Watanabe so often does. Everything with Uchuu Kyoudai is so natural and effortless that a director hardly seems necessary – and that’s great direction. In this episode we saw some of the more pronounced stylistic touches of the series, such as long stretches with no dialogue and tricks based on character perspective. It was impressive in what it accomplished, making a seemingly small story quite powerful.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:39   Link #613
cyth
Banned

Does anyone else feel that some scenes were unnecessarily dragged out in this last episode? Scene timing was pretty bad and the animation wasn't its usual self. Granted, it has never been all that great, but it felt subpar even for Space Brothers.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:59   Link #614
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Does anyone else feel that some scenes were unnecessarily dragged out in this last episode? Scene timing was pretty bad and the animation wasn't its usual self. Granted, it has never been all that great, but it felt subpar even for Space Brothers.
As you said, the animation has always been low-rent (just as it was for Cross Game, so no big deal to me) but I thought the direction this episode was off the charts. Really interesting use of music, dialogue-free sequences and character perspective.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:55   Link #615
Rahan

Only one chapter was adapted this episode while it's usually 2.
They added and even changed stuff, and I kinda welcome the (minor overall) changes.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 01:30   Link #616
Utsuro no Hako

Episode 29 was really great ... until the last two minutes. I'm really not looking forward to next week's episode as it looks to be exactly the sort of forced suspense I hate.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 06:53   Link #617
ookamigirl

The night before the launch!
Final preparations underway.
Mutta and parents nervous about Hibito's launch.
Seems like Mutta is half proud and half jealous of his brother.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 08:08   Link #618
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The poster of the astronaut crew made me laugh. The male members of the crew, except for Hibito, all have names that are puns on musicians' names.

Freddie Saturn = Freddie Mercury
Buddy Waters = Muddy Waters
Damien Kweller = Damien Rice + Ben Kweller

The very common name "Karen Jones" does not have any obvious referents, except maybe to Grace Jones. Linda Cliff might be a reference to reggae singer Jimmy Cliff. Both Jones and Cliff are Jamaicans so they do have that in common.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 08:46   Link #619
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty slow episode. I thought they would have launched by now. I hope they won't drag this out for too long.

The punk kids were funny.
Old 2012-10-22, 12:21   Link #620
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Has anyone posted a list of the spacecraft that appear in the new ED? I recognized the asteroid probe Hayabusa, the lunar probe Kaguya, the space station's Kibo module and HTV-3 cargo ship and the IKAROS solar sail test craft. Plus Hibito's UFO, of course.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen