AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 11:44   Link #821
rulfo

I dunno if this counts as Chunibyou or what but back then I used to imagine fight scenes in my head with silent blows of winds as sound effects/explosions and fingers that represent anything. As if the fingers weren't enough, I would roll around my bed and enact the damn thing out of sheer engross.... This stayed up until I was a highschool freshmen.

So it reached to some point when I realized it's embarrassing and a little too childish but still I continued to do so in a much more discreet manner. God I can remember the awkwardness when someone enters the room and I switch to stretching immediately. I still have some tendencies but thankfully I don't enact them anymore instead I go into a very passive daydream.

Ahhh.. Those were the days...
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:48   Link #822
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am thankful to have gotten table rpgs and writing to harness it. It would have been embarrassing if I acted it out in public like Rikka does otherwise.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:55   Link #823
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That OP makes me dizzy. Anyway great first episode. I was pull away with the character interactions.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:14   Link #824
ookamigirl

Wtf is this?! That was truly my first reaction.
Well, new school, new beginning.
So what? It's a about an ex fantasy cosplayer hiding his past.
Seems like he'll never get away from it..
The whole thing looks pretty childish.
Dropping this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:16   Link #825
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This was the show I was excited for the most, and it didn't disappoint me. Where Hyuoka took about 5 episodes to get me interested, this show got me hooked from the get-go.

Rikka is an oddball, but a seriously cute one. Yuuta is deluding himself to think he can get rid of her by acting normal. Since he still shows signs of chuunibyou, I'm sure she'll have him revert to his former self again (either fully or partially). And besides, I would think it's a small price to pay if it meant hanging out with a cute girl.

And if the OP and ED (which I liked) are anything to go by, Rikka's probably not the only weirdo in that school, or even his classroom.
Old 2012-10-04, 12:23   Link #826
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I tell you I want to commit Seppuku tonight...
like this?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:57   Link #827
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

I AM DYING OF OVER HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

i dunno but every freaking second i pause the the player and scream on my PIllow

it like seeing my over imaginative past self all over again >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Wtf is this?! That was truly my first reaction.
Well, new school, new beginning.
So what? It's a about an ex fantasy cosplayer hiding his past.
Seems like he'll never get away from it..
Dropping this one.
i dunno about you but it was meant to be childish since portrays about who we were back in out middle school days were Imagination is running wild

drop it if you want but if you really wanna know why they are acting like that

try research about the 8th grade syndrome in my chase since we dont have the lower middle and high school part

well we do have middle and high school but no lower
since in my school system its called pre school[2-3yrs] then grade school or middle school [6-7 yrs] and high school [4yrs]
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 13:20   Link #828
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

this is what I want from KyoAni that I didt get from Hyouka!
HQ animation minus annoying main heroine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
can I use it for my blog?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 13:29   Link #829
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Dropping this one.
Because... that's part of the aspect of the show isn't it? Delusions that would be considered childish.
Old 2012-10-04, 13:45   Link #830
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Images
Tales of Chuunibyou
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-04, 14:15   Link #831
rulfo

Well with the aftermath of the show. A lot of people seem to be having fun with it.

So I stumbled upon this one.

Images
two eye-patches make it awesome

It reminds me of this photoshop.

Images
Another game show

Well this certainly looks to be a good wallpaper in the future...
Images
OP stiched together
Old 2012-10-04, 14:30   Link #832
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

For a first episode, it was incredibly tedious (not gonna talk about the seizure inducing OP by the way) and neither the production values nor the artificial moe can make up for the poorly written delusive lines or the lack of decent pacing. Just when I though nothing could top Oreki's explanations as far as boredom level is concerned Kyoani managed to do it with the SOL scenes.

I'll still admit I was amused when MC abused eyepatch.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:33   Link #833
Nikkan

Got an avatar request if anyone is up for it.
Time: 1:57-1:59
Scene: The close-up of Rikka's face when she stands on the balcony and the wind blow through her hair. If it's possible I'd like a loop so her hair blows back and forth.

If that doesn't work out I would like to get Rikka dancing at 22:19 in a loop with the image showing her face/upper body (as much as will fit into the frame)
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:43   Link #834
Utsuro no Hako

As someone who gave up on Hyouka once I realized Oreki and Chitanda weren't going to get nice boated and who hates K-on and wasn't particularly fond of Nichijou, let me say that it's great to have KyoAni do a show that doesn't make me want to murder every last character.

Instead of comparing the MC to Oreki, I'm going to say this is more like an alternate universe where Kyon has enough guts to tell Haruhi she's being an idiot instead of just thinking it.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:03   Link #835
Fiemma
Fiamma

i am disappointed
Old 2012-10-04, 15:12   Link #836
mark1246

OK can someone explain the concept of this anime because i was excited from the poster with the boy with the sword and the girl with the eye patch that had magic power and when i saw the first episode i was ">.< What the heck, it a slice of life anime, i mean it was funny and all but i thought it had some action in it, was all that fake?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:16   Link #837
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
OK can someone explain the concept of this anime because i was excited from the poster with the boy with the sword and the girl with the eye patch that had magic power and when i saw the first episode i was ">.< What the heck, it a slice of life anime, i mean it was funny and all but i thought it had some action in it, was all that fake?
oh gos so many people get tricked by this.

basically "the boy with the sword and the girl with the eye patch that had magic power" it just their delusional. they just normal person in real life

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:18   Link #838
ZriviziMochi

This show is very adorable
Animation may not look as amazing as Hyouka, because imo Hyouka and Chuu2 are like really different 180 degree
Idk what people expect from this, but good thing that It turn out to be an anime which I've on my mind. That's why some people are disappointed d: --> and It's not up to their alley (moe)
OP and ED are nice, and I don't mind the OP animation really...
Gonna be looking forward to it every week
ZriviziMochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:19   Link #839
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I LOVE THIS OP, it's fun, artistic, creative, dorky, catchy and everything else you can think of.

I've got CHUNIBYOUBYOU.

I say Kyoani breaks 10k easily with this one. I'm freakin' sold on this one, originally I was going to import Little Busters in part to spite Kyoani, but I think I might have to import this one too now, doh. Pretty sure this is the sort of stuff that gets otaku to fork out their cash, unlike Nichjou and to some extent Hyouka... Something that's funny, and this cute, while having an aura about that is for a lack of a better term, artistic, is something too beautiful to be ignored.

Edit after 4eps: Actually this show looks like it isn't going to be anything special. Pretty much K-on again.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-25 at 02:52.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:25   Link #840
teja208
Critical fanboy

Oh man this freaking episode. Not only Rikka is adorable as hell, but Yuuta really something. And here I thought high school version of Yuuta will be boring, but no, his reactions are really over the top even in his normal state. He is someone who is embarrassed of his chu2byo alter ego so much that he becomes badly obsessed with living a normal school life to the point that could bring Kyon to shame. Various situations seemed to be forcing him to stick with Rikka though, but in the end he just can’t leave Rikka alone because he’s a nice guy deep down. Looking forward to see how his concerns for Rikka will turn in to romantic feeling latter on in the series and how will other characters contribute to the relationship of these two.

One more thing, Yuuta vaguely remind me of Sawako from K-on. Is Kyoani trying to make Yuuta kind of like a genderbent version of Sawako something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
anyone else noticed the reference to the Konami Code?

Rikka reminds me a bit of OreImo's Kuroneko and a bit of Haganai's Kobato which is coincidentally both voiced by KanaHana. Too bad Rikka's not voiced by her lol, if it were it would be too much of... something

I like Rikka's VA though, she's a bit new but good.
Yeah, I really enjoy listening to Uchida voicing Rikka especially most of the chu2byo phrases.

And I think it's obvious enough in Haganai that Kobato is infected with chu2byo.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen