AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-25, 20:42   Link #41
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well, the fake Karakura town was necessary because Aizen was specifically targeting Karakura.
That's pretty much why I tried to carefully throw in the word "intentionally" into my previous statement. Though in hindsight, I probably should've been a little more elaborate. Unlike the previous arc (where Aizen forced the war to take place in the living realm), the shinigami would have to be the ones to initiate a war in the living realm. In essence, they'd be the ones "intentionally" taking the fight there this time around.

Quote:
The Quincy just want to defeat the shinigami and see the Seireitei fall. If the battle was brought to the living world, it could really be anywhere. Somewhere far from any civilization.
Point taken. But still, humans are spread all-throughout the globe and are constantly in motion. So even if they don't fight near a city or any populated areas in general, it might be kind of difficult to guarantee the safety of individuals who (for whatever reason) happen to stumble their way into the war-zone. For instance, something as simple as a plane full of passengers could fly right into the heat of things. With that said, I'd find the idea you suggested to be much more believable to pull off if they only had more time to prepare a plan that would account for more possibilities.

Quote:
Though for all intents and purposes the "living world" in Bleach seems to consist solely of Karakura town and a couple surrounding cities in Japan so I see what you mean.
While I don't doubt Kubo's ability to come up with some excuse to bring the war back to Karakura Town (under such a hypothetical scenario), I'm willing to think outside the box a little bit by assuming he wouldn't for a change.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:01   Link #42
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

While I don't doubt Kubo's ability to come up with some excuse to bring the war back to Karakura Town (under such a hypothetical scenario), I'm willing to think outside the box a little bit by assuming he wouldn't for a change.
Absolutely. I'll be surprised if the fight doesn't spill into the real world. And I figure it might even get taken into the king's dimension and the Ice Palace...wherever the heck that is.

Though changing the battlefield to the real world doesn't really solve the big problem. Regardless of whether they're in SS or the living world, shinigami are made up of reiatsu, so Quincy can still absorb their power. They won't be able to absorb power from the surrounding environment, but they'll still have a huge advantage. The shinigami really need a way to deal with the Quincy's power-cancelling ability to fight against them.

Old 2012-05-27, 12:05   Link #43
sayde

You're right. Without a method to level the playing field, the shinigami probably won't win. And since they really didn't have any time to properly prepare for this war, coming up with a method on the spot to counter the Quincy's abilities seems unlikely. Kubo effectively created a scenario where we can plausibly believe the shingami have a solid chance of losing for a change. So I could see the shinigami being forced into a hasty retreat for the time being. And honestly, I wouldn't mind such a turn of events for a change of pace. Lets leave it up to Urahara, Maiyuri, or (even better) Aizen to come up with a plan B during the aftermath.

And since I brought it up, I do wonder who's ultimately going to be responsible for Aizen's inevitable parole. Might the Quincy's have a reason to break him out? Might the shinigami be desperate enough to seek his aid? Or might all the destruction done to the Seireitei end up accidentally freeing him instead?
Old 2012-05-27, 13:48   Link #44
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
You're right. Without a method to level the playing field, the shinigami probably won't win. And since they really didn't have any time to properly prepare for this war, coming up with a method on the spot to counter the Quincy's abilities seems unlikely. Kubo effectively created a scenario where we can plausibly believe the shingami have a solid chance of losing for a change. So I could see the shinigami being forced into a hasty retreat for the time being. And honestly, I wouldn't mind such a turn of events for a change of pace. Lets leave it up to Urahara, Maiyuri, or (even better) Aizen to come up with a plan B during the aftermath.

And since I brought it up, I do wonder who's ultimately going to be responsible for Aizen's inevitable parole. Might the Quincy's have a reason to break him out? Might the shinigami be desperate enough to seek his aid? Or might all the destruction done to the Seireitei end up accidentally freeing him instead?
Pretty sure they have something to counter the quincy, seeing how they at one time almost made quincy extinct...
And Aizen is out of the picture already...don't think Kubo is going to waste time with Aizen anymore...
Old 2012-05-27, 14:04   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Though changing the battlefield to the real world doesn't really solve the big problem. Regardless of whether they're in SS or the living world, shinigami are made up of reiatsu, so Quincy can still absorb their power. They won't be able to absorb power from the surrounding environment, but they'll still have a huge advantage. The shinigami really need a way to deal with the Quincy's power-cancelling ability to fight against them.
my money's on urahara already having a fake body shinigami can use so that their spirit particles cant be absorbed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
And Aizen is out of the picture already...don't think Kubo is going to waste time with Aizen anymore...
really? i think it's a given that he's coming back. having a main villain be imprisoned and not killed is pretty much saying that he will be back. and yes i know he cant be killed because of his 'immortality' but thats only because kubo hasnt introduced some makeshift way for him to be killed yet. i'm also sure that that will happen once he is liberated. something like the soul king being able to reverse or destroy the hyogoku's powers most likely
Old 2012-05-27, 14:52   Link #46
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Pretty sure they have something to counter the quincy, seeing how they at one time almost made quincy extinct...
That assumes this elite army of Quincy were just as powerful over 200 years ago as they are right now. For all we know, the techniques that have made this current generation of Quincy's so strong may have only been developed over the course of the 2 centuries after their mass extermination took place.

*edit*
The thread for chapter 494 can be found here. Since the chapter's already been released, please keep all relevant discussion regarding that chapter in it's respective thread.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-05-30 at 06:04.
Closed Thread