AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-23, 03:09   Link #321
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Dorssia will attack Neo JIOR regardless what happened. They haven't because they are still building new machines. The former princess is the political prisoner in her country. In that political situation, she can be put to death any time. So, playing hostage role is out of the question.

My opinion about Haruto is getting worse. Haruto remember to find L-Elf. Yet, he shows no concern about Saki's whereabout. If Shouko is left behind, Haruto would stay in the city. THe preview shows someone(with breast) in S&M situation. It's a grief humuliation to an idol singer, if it's her.
Liselotte influenced him to find L-elf/Michael so I wouldn't give him credit for that. :v
Old 2013-11-23, 03:31   Link #322
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And, will Dorssia use Lise's death as a declaration of war? They could very easily spin this to say that the Neo JIORian terrorists kidnapped their beloved princess, only to brutally murder her and fling her corpse out of their rocket as the "cowards" escaped. I can see the Magius having Amadeus do this to keep the public eye off them. The Dorssians would be outraged and want war against the upstart "nation".
Totally called this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Lieselotte dies next week
Magius/Dorsian government blame Jior terrorist
Jior loses international sympathy

check mate
Additionally, silver haired Haruto is also my theory

I'm awesome.. edit: maybe
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-23, 08:42   Link #323
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
My opinion about Haruto is getting worse. Haruto remember to find L-Elf. Yet, he shows no concern about Saki's whereabout. If Shouko is left behind, Haruto would stay in the city. THe preview shows someone(with breast) in S&M situation. It's a grief humuliation to an idol singer, if it's her.
An what would he do? Travel around the globe while Dorsssia massacres the New Jiorians on the Moon? Saki could be anywhere on Earth FFS, finding her is close to impossible, especially since Dorssia has no intel on her (so spying on communication doesn't help).
On other hand, he knew where he could find L-Elf. Had he known where Saki were, he would go and save her. But right now, she could be anywhere from North Pole to Saharan Desert to secret base on Mars (hey, never know with Dorssians).

Danger approaching New Jior and lack of any kind of idea where Saki might be makes staying behind to look for her downright stupid.
Old 2013-11-23, 09:29   Link #324
Key Board
Carbon

I'm more concerned about his lack of emotion rather than lack of action

I don't think his reaction is as emotional as it should, judging by his character and judging how he jumped to Akira's rescue in ep. 14

Then again, he seemed awfully chill about a Phantom on its way to M77
especially since he has seen first hand what that ship does to people
you'd think he would panic

In fact it seemed he favored to look for Saki rather than prioritize the module's safety in that scene
It can be really hard to gauge what his priorities are sometimes

Hmm.. weird characterization, or Haruto having too much issues clogging his mind?
I dunno
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-23, 09:31   Link #325
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Hmm.. weird characterization, or Haruto having too much issues clogging his mind?
I dunno
I'd go with the latter.
Old 2013-11-23, 09:57   Link #326
Irenesharda

Quote:
Dorssia will attack Neo JIOR regardless what happened. They haven't because they are still building new machines. The former princess is the political prisoner in her country. In that political situation, she can be put to death any time. So, playing hostage role is out of the question.

Actually, her being a political prisoner shows that she has some clout as a figurehead. The royal family is obviously still important to Dorssia or else the current dictatorship regime would have killed them all. None of them have any political standing, so the only use they still have is in name and figure only. Since Lise was the next in line for the throne, she is the most beloved by the people but yet she had the most risk to the government, so they had her as a political prisoner. She lives in luxury, but she doesn't have much say in anything, not even where she went.

The people of Dorssia would be pretty upset at the crown princess' death. And considering how military minded they are, their first answer would be to retaliate.

Dorssia wasn't able to do an all out attack on the moon because it goes against the treaty. That's why they were only surrounding it. However, they are trying to send a secret ship in, but that's not an all out attack. With the princess' death, they would have the leverage they needed to attack Neo JIOR directly without being in the wrong politically.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-23, 12:09   Link #327
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Finally read the Saki spinoff manga. I enjoyed it. A few of the English translations were a little rough, but it was still enjoyable.
Old 2013-11-23, 13:40   Link #328
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
You'd think that he'd at least give some concern to the person who was willing to share his burden. But nope! Shoko comes first.
Well in his defense Haruto has been going through a lot. It's not like in Aquarion Evol where Amata was constantly thinking about Mikono and Zessica was pretty much chopped liver.

They need a little time to recover before they rescue Saki. Hell Valvrave III is still missing an arm! Probably wouldn't stop Thunder though
Old 2013-11-23, 15:16   Link #329
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Actually, her being a political prisoner shows that she has some clout as a figurehead. The royal family is obviously still important to Dorssia or else the current dictatorship regime would have killed them all. None of them have any political standing, so the only use they still have is in name and figure only. Since Lise was the next in line for the throne, she is the most beloved by the people but yet she had the most risk to the government, so they had her as a political prisoner. She lives in luxury, but she doesn't have much say in anything, not even where she went.

The people of Dorssia would be pretty upset at the crown princess' death. And considering how military minded they are, their first answer would be to retaliate.
I interpret it a different way. Instead of killing Lise, they instead used her to place the Magius in a position with power. While she didn't have any real power, the name is still enough to grant some leeway. Since the Magius have some say over the humans, it could've been easy for them to say "Amadeus, you are not to kill the Dorssian Royal family."

They placed "Lise" in Lise and had her simply wait until they needed her. For example, supposing the Royalists launch a coup d'etat to retake Dorssia & succeed, then the Magius would have someone placed in charge of an entire nation because the Royal family will have been reinstated.

Quote:
Dorssia wasn't able to do an all out attack on the moon because it goes against the treaty. That's why they were only surrounding it. However, they are trying to send a secret ship in, but that's not an all out attack. With the princess' death, they would have the leverage they needed to attack Neo JIOR directly without being in the wrong politically.
Isn't that ship a Magius ship (It has the Magius clan symbol on it)? It may have been built in Dorssia, but it most likely isn't part of Dorssia as far a allegiance goes. The same can be said about the Phantom. The sub was built in Dorssia (for Magius purposes), but does not exist in any documents. Only the Royalists knew about it & I suspect that Lise (Magius in disguise) was the reason for that. (Prime evidence being her giving Kreimheld information.)

The only Dorssians who may know about that secret ship are the Dorssians who are in the loop with the Magius & the Dorssians that are Magius in disguise.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-23, 15:28   Link #330
Frozt

Valvrave manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Finally read the Saki spinoff manga. I enjoyed it. A few of the English translations were a little rough, but it was still enjoyable.
Where did you read it, was it online?
Old 2013-11-23, 15:30   Link #331
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Where did you read it, was it online?
Yeah, it's online. It's on MangaPark
Old 2013-11-23, 15:42   Link #332
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I interpret it a different way. Instead of killing Lise, they instead used her to place the Magius in a position with power. While she didn't have any real power, the name is still enough to grant some leeway. Since the Magius have some say over the humans, it could've been easy for them to say "Amadeus, you are not to kill the Dorssian Royal family."

They placed "Lise" in Lise and had her simply wait until they needed her. For example, supposing the Royalists launch a coup d'etat to retake Dorssia & succeed, then the Magius would have someone placed in charge of an entire nation because the Royal family will have been reinstated.
That is an interesting idea and would make sense. They would have all bases covered. Especially considering how many revolutions and coups Dorssia has. They've already mention at least 3 in the last 20 years or so.

Quote:
Isn't that ship a Magius ship (It has the Magius clan symbol on it)? It may have been built in Dorssia, but it most likely isn't part of Dorssia as far a allegiance goes. The same can be said about the Phantom. The sub was built in Dorssia (for Magius purposes), but does not exist in any documents. Only the Royalists knew about it & I suspect that Lise (Magius in disguise) was the reason for that. (Prime evidence being her giving Kreimheld information.)

The only Dorssians who may know about that secret ship are the Dorssians who are in the loop with the Magius & the Dorssians that are Magius in disguise.
Yeah, it was a Magius ship, but I'm guessing since L-elf found out about it on Dorssian secret channels through the Royalists, I'm thinking that the ship is probably thought to be Dorssian and the army knows about it. And it's not like Dorssia hasn't seen in secret agents to undermine the enemy before. The army would think nothing of it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-23, 16:11   Link #333
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
That is an interesting idea and would make sense. They would have all bases covered. Especially considering how many revolutions and coups Dorssia has. They've already mention at least 3 in the last 20 years or so.
Even if that was their plan, they would've just had two ways to make sure that the Magius stayed in power. The moment they took Amadeus' body, Dorssia was basically the Magius'. If the royalists did take back Dorssia, they'd just give it back to the Magius (Lise) & the only thing that will have truly changed was the dictatorship back to a monarch. The human experiments & secrecy will have remained as is.

Quote:
Yeah, it was a Magius ship, but I'm guessing since L-elf found out about it on Dorssian secret channels through the Royalists, I'm thinking that the ship is probably thought to be Dorssian and the army knows about it. And it's not like Dorssia hasn't seen in secret agents to undermine the enemy before. The army would think nothing of it.
Fair point. They can know about it, but just think of it as a special ship. Dorssia's army does have this "we may be from the same country, but we're still different" mentality. Evidenced when the Regular Army exerted their authority over the Space Navy back in episode 15 & 16.

The ship can be easily accepted due to the divisions of the military. (Something like a rivalry among the military factions.) One side thinks the the ship is from the other & vice versa.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-23, 16:17   Link #334
Kurohane

^ This ship has some major stealth technology though. I bet it can bypass the Moon's security, going and exiting as it pleases. No one would know either, except for the fact people have gone missing.
Old 2013-11-24, 01:34   Link #335
LightDragonman

Decided to talk about it in this thread.

If Saki does become a guinea pig for Dorssia's experiments, what are they gonna do to her?
Old 2013-11-24, 01:51   Link #336
Irenesharda

I doubt they will do much IF they do anything. We only have five episodes left to this series (season?), they don't have time to do anything extravagant, if anything to her at all. We still have a lot of stuff to cover for this series' plot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-24, 01:54   Link #337
_Misfit

Do they even really need a guinea pig? Cain seems to be knowledgable enough. I'm sure there are a few details he could dig up, but nothing that needs extensive experimentation.
Old 2013-11-24, 01:58   Link #338
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ This ship has some major stealth technology though. I bet it can bypass the Moon's security, going and exiting as it pleases. No one would know either, except for the fact people have gone missing.
The ship is a submarine, then it launches into space. In the open space, it is not stealth in H2O environment. Unless, it has Minovsky particles.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-11-24, 02:07   Link #339
Irenesharda

Quote:
The ship is a submarine, then it launches into space. In the open space, it is not stealth in H2O environment. Unless, it has Minovsky particles.
The ship has a obvious cloaking device, which in a sci-fi plot usually mean advanced stealth tech. That ship was definitely built to escape detection.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-24, 02:20   Link #340
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
The ship has a obvious cloaking device, which in a sci-fi plot usually mean advanced stealth tech. That ship was definitely built to escape detection.
The definition is too vague until they show it. The stealth could be just evading sonar, evading radar or evading the visible light. The last one doesn't seem to be their option.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Closed Thread

Tags
characters