AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-12-21, 17:30   Link #1
yoko_kyuubi

Aegisub : Need Assistance!

Hey all! I have a question, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm using the newest version of Aegisub, 1.10. I keep having this issue where when I open a video file (usually .avi or .mp4) I getting errors that say the program can either not find the VSFilter (though it's there, I know it is) or a message along the lines of the extension not being supported.

Anyone know if there's a patch or something I can do to get around this issue? The program was actually working fine some weeks ago, this is kind of a sudden issue that randomly started. Anyone experienced the same issue? Can you suggest another user-friendly timing program I can use instead of Aegisub (that isn't Sabbu)?

Thanks. ^.^
yoko_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 20:07   Link #2
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko_kyuubi View Post
Hey all! I have a question, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm using the newest version of Aegisub, 1.10. I keep having this issue where when I open a video file (usually .avi or .mp4) I getting errors that say the program can either not find the VSFilter (though it's there, I know it is) or a message along the lines of the extension not being supported.

Anyone know if there's a patch or something I can do to get around this issue? The program was actually working fine some weeks ago, this is kind of a sudden issue that randomly started. Anyone experienced the same issue? Can you suggest another user-friendly timing program I can use instead of Aegisub (that isn't Sabbu)?

Thanks. ^.^
Tried going to a command prompt and doing some regsvr32 magic on VSFILTER.DLL? Did you use the VSFILTER.DLL picked up by the Aegisub installer or did you install it yourself? If the latter, make sure the unicode version of the DLL has had some regsvr32 magic done to it.

Hope this helps!

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 16:19   Link #3
yoko_kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Tried going to a command prompt and doing some regsvr32 magic on VSFILTER.DLL?
Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by this. >.<

Quote:
Did you use the VSFILTER.DLL picked up by the Aegisub installer or did you install it yourself?
I used the VSFiler.dll file that came with the original download, which also happens to be the most recent I could have. I also updated Avisynth to the most recent, as well.
yoko_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 06:03   Link #4
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko_kyuubi View Post
Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by this. >.<
With DirectShow filters, you need to "register" the program with Windows so that when the multimedia subsystem sees a particular bit of data to render, it'll know what to pick up, and in this case also, from where. This "magic" I describe is what tells the multimedia subsystem where all the bits are.

Quote:
I used the VSFiler.dll file that came with the original download, which also happens to be the most recent I could have. I also updated Avisynth to the most recent, as well.

Strange. This should have worked (and at the time I installed it, it was indeed the most recent version) since that's what I'm using in my own Aegisub install. I basically let Aegisub install what it felt it needed to install (which happened to be the latest versions of everything).

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 13:57   Link #5
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Copy vsfilter.dll to c:\windows\system32 then go start - run and type: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vsfilter.dll
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote