Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-18, 03:01   Link #421
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
You seem to have misinterpreted what he's going to do. Schneizel is going to fire a WMD at every country in the world, not point it. Countries that don't take the hint after that will be disciplined further by being completely wiped off the map. Only countries that stop waging war out of fear of being disciplined will remain. On the contrary, expecting world peace to come about through people understanding each other and willingly stopping violence is hopelessly optimistic. Schneizel's plan, on the other hand, will actually work because he's forcing people to either make peace or be destroyed. And once Britannia and the UFN are both gone, there will be no army in existence that can hope to do anything against Schneizel.
You misunderstand me. I know he's going to fire it. And then, after all those people are dead to prove he's serious, what happens? World peace by threat of WMD. Except it won't work.

As I said in another thread - asymetric warfare. Sooner or later, he'll be placed before the choice of bombing the world back into the stone age (and it still won't be peaceful as people scramble to salvage what they can and survive), or living in a world that'll be peaceful in name only. Sure, army won't meet army on open fields any more. But people will find a way to ruin his day, to avenge all their dead, if nothing else.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 09:53   Link #422
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You misunderstand me. I know he's going to fire it. And then, after all those people are dead to prove he's serious, what happens? World peace by threat of WMD. Except it won't work.

As I said in another thread - asymetric warfare. Sooner or later, he'll be placed before the choice of bombing the world back into the stone age (and it still won't be peaceful as people scramble to salvage what they can and survive), or living in a world that'll be peaceful in name only. Sure, army won't meet army on open fields any more. But people will find a way to ruin his day, to avenge all their dead, if nothing else.
Just one problem. He is in what is essentially a Space Station over looking earth with more FLEIA's pointed at them. XD

yes it would be Peace in Name Only, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Although I think there is more to his goal than just "Nuke the shit out of everyone." We just don't know it yet.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 09:58   Link #423
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Just one problem. He is in what is essentially a Space Station over looking earth with more FLEIA's pointed at them. XD

yes it would be Peace in Name Only, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Although I think there is more to his goal than just "Nuke the shit out of everyone." We just don't know it yet.
Well we do know that his goal does involve nuking the shit out of everyone. As they say, graveyards rarely break the peace...
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:00   Link #424
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well we do know that his goal does involve nuking the shit out of everyone. As they say, graveyards rarely break the peace...
I know. But there may be more to it than just that. Because really, I think he is smarter than that.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:05   Link #425
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I know. But there may be more to it than just that. Because really, I think he is smarter than that.
I thought that Nunally and Cornelia was not so naive as they were but here we are. But what else are you looking for? He has a giant cannon the fires weapons of mass destruction to all corners of the world. And his plan is to use it in that capacity. After that the survivors will not oppose him openly. And with the Britannia military and Black Knights decimated, very little to oppose him.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:36   Link #426
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
How is that a problem? Yes, he may die of old age, surrounded by his closest and dearest, if he has any. Doesn't change the fact that people will still fight. (And he'll have to solve the supply problems. Damocles is not impregnable.)

Besides, while he can destroy it all from the sky, it takes warm boots to take and hold lands. In other words, targets.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 13:01   Link #427
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How is that a problem? Yes, he may die of old age, surrounded by his closest and dearest, if he has any. Doesn't change the fact that people will still fight. (And he'll have to solve the supply problems. Damocles is not impregnable.)

Besides, while he can destroy it all from the sky, it takes warm boots to take and hold lands. In other words, targets.
Plus the little matter of resources to make more FLEIA's and more sakuradite or whatever to maintain Damocles in orbit if thats its power source. He has to come down eventually and when he does he's screwed. Espically if Nina is making some kind of FLEIA canceller.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 13:50   Link #428
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Plus the little matter of resources to make more FLEIA's and more sakuradite or whatever to maintain Damocles in orbit if thats its power source. He has to come down eventually and when he does he's screwed. Espically if Nina is making some kind of FLEIA canceller.
Nina will be wiped out (or captured) along with all of Britannia's Forces and the Black Knights. There will be no one that can stand up to Schneizel.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 14:22   Link #429
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Except now, there's no time for capturing, and Schneizel's gonna die.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 14:46   Link #430
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Pff, Bismarck? Better?

And also:

Anya: "I shall make the two of you...just a recording."

Pretty damn badass.
For a second, I thought this was the wrong thread..

anyways I second, this quote was awesome...
Old 2008-09-21, 14:23   Link #431
Runty

Man, today's episode was just nuts. The ending in particular was a shocker. I love Nunnally's line, but I sadly can't remember it word for word. But the gist of it is,

"Are you going to Geass me too?"

Posing that question to Lelouch while she's holding a trigger that could blow them both to smithereens? Damn, Nunnally was already among one of my liked characters for her kawaiiness, and now she got even better.

There's also the absolute verbal smackdown Lelouch did to Diethard.

"You're not worth using Geass on."

Or something like that. Again, can't recall it word for word. Still, Diethard = pwned.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:27   Link #432
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Congratulations! A one-of-a-kind Knightmare awaits you.
Riding it will change you. Both you and your world.
Your dreams will be reality.

By Lloyd to Suzaku in episode 2, S1.
Thanks to Revolutionist for reminding of those words.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:50   Link #433
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Wow massive off topic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Pity he somehow couldn't appropriate his mothers combat skills from the World of C. Kinda like downloading them into his mind or whatever giving him autohax.
Something like that did happen in the game of CG, where Lelouch got a geass with different powers and played war instead of mindgames and tactics. Not to mention that he would have ended everything in season 1 if that was the case.
Quote:
Then when Gino, Anya, Todou and Xinge Ke went after him he could've just pawned them and they would've all been like WTF.
Lol'ed

Anyway to stay on topic
Episode 24 by Lelouch
"Father desired "Yesterday" You desired "Today" While I desire "Tommorow"
Something along those lines though Lelouch saying that he wants tommorrow gave me a deja vu about GSD episode 50 -_-"

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 18:21   Link #434
Hamtaro623

i loved rolo's whole speach b4 he died, it was so sad! I misss him T_T

and in episode 24 when lelouch said, "You not worth haveing Geass casted upon you" XDD that actaully made me laugh.

"Suzaku, Im so glad" :'O That makes me sad.

I could put so many quote's here -_- ... XDD
Hamtaro623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 18:30   Link #435
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Anyway to stay on topic
Episode 24 by Lelouch
"Father desired "Yesterday" You desired "Today" While I desire "Tommorow"
Something along those lines though Lelouch saying that he wants tommorrow gave me a deja vu about GSD episode 50 -_-"
I had that deja vu back in episode 21 when Lulu said "Even so, I desire tomorrow"...Kira said something very similar (if not exactly the same) in ep. 50 of GSD.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:32   Link #436
davicho

zero - to shnizel i give this words to you as a present

serve lord zero

major wow momnt
davicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:39   Link #437
NextTime

Aren't wishes like Geass?
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:35   Link #438
Kakisho
Just Another

Send a message via AIM to Kakisho
"Only those who are allowed to shoot are those ready to be shot"

When i heard it (ep 25) i was thinking...wait a second...why is that familliar. After a little research i found out that that was the line lelouch said to the guys at the first episode of the series.
"Hey, how should britannian's who hate britannian's live?"
"Oh an idealist eh?"
"Shoot me, a normal britannian student, or have you realized it yet?
Only those who are allowed to shoot are those ready to be shot.
Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you to die!"

Edit: For those who were arguing if the Damocle's ways was better than Lelouch, as of episode 25, it's pretty obvious which is better now.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:39   Link #439
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"MOVE YOUR AASSS!!~~~" (if u dont remember that... then theres no hope for you)
Old 2008-09-28, 23:36   Link #440
division
x/0

Requoted due to R2 ep 25 moment making it all that more awesome. Emphasis original poster's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
From episode 6

Spoiler:

it really cracked me up

oh God i think Orange-kun is the biggest laughing bag in CG
division is offline   Reply With Quote