AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 10:39   Link #3421
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So he can actually distort that 11th dimension? He's not just reflecting or manipulating something mid-transit?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 10:47   Link #3422
tsunade666

His not reflecting from the 11th dimension but his reflecting it back when the item starts to appear in this dimension and it enters his AIM field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@tsunade: Basically your theory tells me Aleister gave Touma IB because whatever was in Touma before academy city was rampaging with only residual aura. The IB can leave Touma pending on the current need. Anyone imagine a fight between Touma and imagine breaker?
Read vol 4. Technically there isn't much to show with only few events in Touma's past but it shows on how bad his childhood is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

This is actually a good chapter if not for the cliffhanger and random guy being squeezed in the story to show the "normal" side of the city.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:10   Link #3423
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cool... So he can still be killed with a one way overlap.
Old 2013-05-07, 15:45   Link #3424
NeutralZero

Is the Touma of the a certain world of darkness pre-memory loss or post memory loss Touma
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 16:04   Link #3425
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Actually making him move on different world would indeed put him as the distortion that needed to be corrected. His own life will be negated or erased. Which is why you need to put your power as fanfic author to work on that part

As for IB harming angels. It wasn't shown that its harming them. Its erasing them because they are alien to the world. They re just being cut off from this world and since they are entirely legend or immortals on their own might. They will be alive in different realm but erased in this realm.

Taking consideration that Touma's life will be erased because IB decide him as an alien being on the world and IB doesn't view things from good and evil. Everything is balance on it. Which you will be needing a good story to back that up. A a story that could be present is IB updates its database base on the current world. While Toum is still alien but since his the resident container of it. It will not consider the container itself alien but then again it might consider the surrounding as alien which is why it needed to be updated.

Remember, IB takes form differently in different time. In past form its a weapon or a sacred place. So IB takes form on the need of the current need of the world.

A theory was introduced because Touma seems to have worst luck before entering academy city. A walking plague and IB helps him contain that bad luck towards him alone but its a theory if you view his past but because of the luck of proof. Its just a speculation but there are clues that he has worst luck before and others are probably affected of it. Though that's just might be people blaming him for their own bad luck but we can't tell. The point is when his in academy city. His bad luck was viewed as a normal thing and isn't make a fuss over it which is a theory that IB was given to him when he entered he city because his luck isn't effecting others anymore, unlike when he is young.

A walking disaster or pestilence god will suffice but you will need to remove IB to make it worst and its probably end of the world if that happens because the being which is being sealed will be free.
Actually that fits with a theory posed in my own fanfiction that Aleister did place a seal on Touma's arm that made it become the IB which is why he was brought to Academy City in the first place, because otherwise bad things would have happened.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:05   Link #3426
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Are all gemstones accounted for? Or are they just the ones academy city know?
Old 2013-05-07, 21:10   Link #3427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There are about 50 known gemstones world wide, Academy City has all of them under protection from the outside countries.

Its not impossible to have new gemstones born but for current Canon sake they got them all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 21:46   Link #3428
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What do the novels say about multi-skill? Other than it's impossible? Kamatchi likes to put analogies so I want to know.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:11   Link #3429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think that one is more elaborated in Railgun manga... don't remember much too well.
Old 2013-05-07, 22:15   Link #3430
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's that I just started the light novels and the way ESPers are described, I can't imagine why multi-skill is outright impossible. It feels more like it's improbable.
Old 2013-05-07, 23:29   Link #3431
Rovert10

Quote:
It's that I just started the light novels and the way ESPers are described, I can't imagine why multi-skill is outright impossible. It feels more like it's improbable.
Spoiler for Spoiler from Railgun Manga/Anime I guess...:
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 23:35   Link #3432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And remember, Level Upper put those people in coma; thats probably using up more of their brains than the sister network.
Old 2013-05-07, 23:36   Link #3433
NeutralZero

If the network is similar to the one in the level upper arc then it is possible to have a multi-skill as shown by the nugionna
Multi-skill may not be possible or improbable but variation of the main skill is possible as seen to Misaka
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 23:40   Link #3434
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thats still not a true multi skill.

And are we forgetting the damn proto-angel thingy that appeared?
Old 2013-05-08, 08:31   Link #3435
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the concept of multi-skill got more interesting when I understood the connection to schroedinger. ESPers connect reality with the possibilities of what should be and what they want the world to be. The present is the box while the unseen future is the contents of the box. They choose wether it's the normal future/reality, or their future/personal reality. So with this you have a fifty-fifty percent chance of one coming to fruition. Now the complication starts with multi-skill requiring you to understand the future or interpret reality in more than one way, which is a burden on the mind. A person cannot be omniscient so they tend to choose a specialty. More than that personality thought patterns tend to dictate choice and compatible mathematical logics, so to speak they subconsciously choose an outcome easier for them to understand. Just as one thousand people are asked how a manga arc will conclude you will get as much as 1000 different predictions or preferred scenarios. With multi-skill you need both calculative ability as well as the single-mindedness to choose one possibility out of more than 2.

Then this makes Harumi's level upper form of multi-skill intersting as well. This is because the theory of mine means that Harumi cannot be a true multi-skill as she needs the proper mindset for each power. Instead we recall her power described as merely running programs from a multitude at her disposal. But an alternative analogy that I have suddenly makes me realize she had one ability all along. So to say the analogy is that Harumi is like a summoner while a normal ESPer is a mage from an RPG. Both can produce flame but the mage casts flames directly as he will it. The summoner summons a spirit that can make fire. So basically Harumi's true ability was summoning interceding brainwaves to generate the ESPer power she needed at the time. In a manner, she also expends little to no calculative ability in maintaining the powers but instead in maintaining the powerusers.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-05-08 at 09:18.
Old 2013-05-08, 09:54   Link #3436
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I like to keep things simple so this may sounds like Troll-logic:

Esper ability is related to Personal Reality which delve deep inside a person's brain. It is probably part of their sub-conscious which define who and what they are (in a way similar to Magician's Sorcery Name which was craved into their soul).

Remember: Personality does not change the power, it only influence how the power is being use. So even with multiple Personality disorder, there is only one sub-concious Self functioning as the fundamental baseline which define an Esper's ability.

=

I know it is bad which is why I need to check the following analogy for Idol Theory:
Spoiler for Analogy:

Spoiler for Yumene's power:

Edit:
I think I will leave Kosuke aside make another Protagonist, Yusuke.

Reason being:
Kosuke is so normal that he is boring and I need somebody closely related the story's theme.

Yusuke is Akihisa's (baka-test) level of stupid (mostly because he operate on logic which doesn't make sense) and his power force people to daydream.

Seems like an useless ability but.... His power is technically dream manipulation. Guess what is his level 4 ability.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:15   Link #3437
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Idol theory isn't copying per se but personifying if I understand the books correctly. You are trying to replica and the original. Ofcourse the margin in difference is far too large. So you have that 990,000 sword and you furbish a blade similar to it. It takes the essence of the original blade but only a fraction of it.

*shrug* not a psychologist but I do think that the conscious and subconscious have to be synchronized. Like I said, ask 1000 people to predict the ending to a story and 1000 people may give an equal or slightly less number of answers. the story is reality and each response is their preferred future or personal reality. The basics such as spoon bending or Columbus egg is probably just a way to "persuade" the brain that the other 50% of the schroedinger's experiment is possible. And that reality is not absolute.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:16   Link #3438
tsunade666

Simple answer:

Multi-skill is impossible because a human only has one brain and one reality. Unless one has two brains that act differently then its impossible to attain multi-skill without the help of a network of brains.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:29   Link #3439
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Idol theory isn't copying per se but personifying if I understand the books correctly. You are trying to replica and the original. Ofcourse the margin in difference is far too large. So you have that 990,000 sword and you furbish a blade similar to it. It takes the essence of the original blade but only a fraction of it.
So... Spiritual Successor that isn't as fun as the Original? (Still doing that analogy thing)
Old 2013-05-08, 10:31   Link #3440
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What if the person could accept multiple endings? If he could accept more than one reality or truth. Wouldn't that mean he gains access to more than one ability? The logic is simplistic but it also merits thought, at least for me. Again with analogy to manga, when you read harem manga, you take a liking to a certain girl of the harem. That is your specialized ability. What if you could choose more than one? Accept more than one? You may not be able to love each girl as much but doesn't that you still love them? Your powers are probably lower but you still have access to varying skills. What's more, the powers must be simplistic and have similarities to each other. Making it easier to believe each ending or future. Much like a relationship, should the logics between each power criss-cross, they'll interfere with each other and render your power moot when you activate it.

Such is when you add about 4 more possibilities to the 2 already existing in Scroedinger's box. The chances become 1/6. You have to make sure you hit that one, if it falls on more than that the contents merge and cause a denial, eventually nothing occurs at all but the default.

:3

I guess I'm just laying groundwork for an OC who is a true multi-skill XD

@age: Kind of. But more like voodoo. The replica and the original aren't completely exclusive to each other. Meaning the closer the fake is to the original in make, the more powerful it is. If the original loses power, so does the replica. If the replica is damaged, the original will also take damage on the scale of how well made the replica is. The best example pointed out to me is the scene in Komoe's room when healing index :3

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction