AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 16:29   Link #381
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
A thought about the Eva/Negi relationship...

I was just thinking... in vol. 3
Spoiler:
What if that path
Spoiler:
On other things I was chatting to "Sarcasteak" yesterday, and we tallied up the number of 3-A girls who must subscribe to the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalogue!! So I thought I'd put it out to the rest of you- how many, and who?!

Widya Santoso
--
We know Akamatsu-san does... ^_^
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 05:04   Link #382
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
I was just thinking... in vol. 3
Spoiler:
What if that path
Spoiler:
Well, whether "planned" or not, I would think that
Spoiler:

Quote:
On other things I was chatting to "Sarcasteak" yesterday, and we tallied up the number of 3-A girls who must subscribe to the Victoria's Secret lingerie catalogue!! So I thought I'd put it out to the rest of you- how many, and who?!

Widya Santoso
--
We know Akamatsu-san does... ^_^
Ummm... ... well, to subscribe to Victoria's Secret you'd have to have at least "proportions"...and well, since these are still middle-school girls (ages 13-14), not very many of them have the "requirements". However, based on what the manga has shown so far... I'd say:

Iincho definitely!
Chizuru (she's the "BIGGEST" after all)
The Cheerleaders maybe
Though Kaede(ninja) and Mana(gunslinger) have "it", I don't think their "professions" would make it too practical for them to subscribe
Maybe Chisame, since she needs to look her best in her web site!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 05:22   Link #383
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
She seems to be lightening up. In Period 73 it was interesting to see her
Spoiler:
Hmm, interesting information. Might be useful in my in-progress Negima fanic (which centers around Chisame)

Quote:
I figure Squatman could make anyone squat- even gods!

Widya Santoso
--
Especially dead gods who aren't worshipped anymore ?:-)
Even the god who declared all mankind must perish in the great flood? (there's a Sumerian version of the story of Noah and the Ark and the great flood; except that Enlil's half-brother Enki secretly ordered a man to build a boat to save his family and all animals on earth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
Maybe Chisame, since she needs to look her best in her web site!
Not really. Chisame admitted to photoshopping her pictures prior to uploading, although Negi thought that wasn't even necessary.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 06:52   Link #384
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Off Topic Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Even the god who declared all mankind must perish in the great flood? (there's a Sumerian version of the story of Noah and the Ark and the great flood; except that Enlil's half-brother Enki secretly ordered a man to build a boat to save his family and all animals on earth)
You should read Neil Gaiman's American Gods- very good book, and I think in this context you'll find it interesting.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-13, 11:36   Link #385
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I rather like Chisame, so i would like her to be a more main character then she use to be. I do hope so, and i haven't read ch 74 yet too, plus i cant read Chinese.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:04   Link #386
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Spoiler for Fuka and Fumika!:
Interesting!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-13, 17:27   Link #387
pinkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynextdoor
of course there isn't. if they is, it would be quite big so we would have at least heard about it.

the raws(?) someone posted earlier was quite old already, since the latest chapter is like 34 i think. i think love hina is still a bit better for know, but negi is like loaded with ecchi scenes left right up down and everywhere
well ctually there is an anime it start in january on tokyo tv and is by production ig i belive...^^
pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 22:14   Link #388
Sydney2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkard
Well actually there is an anime, it starts in january on Tokyo TV and it's by Production IG I believe...^^
To be more precise, XEBEC, the same studio who did Love Hina, Mao-chan and a whole buncha stuff. The director is Hiroshi Nishikiori, the director of Azumanga Daioh!, I believe.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-14, 15:51   Link #389
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

The drawing for the anime seems a lot like love hina, a bad transition from anime to manga again for Ken Akamatsu. This I rather hate, and for this strange feature, it repels and attract fans, but this transition deters me away from the anime, but i suppose i should watch it, since the story from anime to manga is quite different.

Since there are some episode that tells story that wouldn't ever be in the manga. This is usually the reason i would watch the anime. ^_^
Old 2004-11-14, 20:41   Link #390
sarcasteak
WAHA~

XEBEC totally fucked up Love Hina with its uber lame drawing style; g'damn, use the one the Love Hina OVA had, you morons...I'm pretty sure the Chinese/Korean studios they pay to do the drawings are capable of it!

And yes, I definitely agree with Aoie_Emesai; just seeing the transition makes me not want to watch the anime.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 00:51   Link #391
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
To be more precise, XEBEC, the same studio who did Love Hina, Mao-chan and a whole buncha stuff. The director is Hiroshi Nishikiori, the director of Azumanga Daioh!, I believe.

Widya Santoso
Nishikiori Hiroshi was the director who did the special OVA that was included with the second Negima album.

The director for the TV series is Miyazaki Nagisa. She is a renowned director who worked on "D.C.~da capo~" and "Sister Princess RePure," an assistant director for "Fruits Basket," was a key animator in "My Neighbor Totoro," "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Neko no Ongaeshi"

The series writer is Mr. Oukouchi Ichirou. Past works include "Kidoutenshi Angelic Layer," "Azumanga Daioh," and most renowned for his brilliant series development for "Planetes"

Quote:
XEBEC totally fucked up Love Hina with its uber lame drawing style; g'damn, use the one the Love Hina OVA had, you morons...I'm pretty sure the Chinese/Korean studios they pay to do the drawings are capable of it!

And yes, I definitely agree with Aoie_Emesai; just seeing the transition makes me not want to watch the anime.
Interesting. I abhorred the "Love Hina Again" OVA series while fell in love with the TV series' designs.

Yes, the TV series' character designs was indeed different from Akamatsu-san's manga drawings, but it was more than acceptable...in fact, I thought Uno Makoto-san's designs were of top-notch and very cute.

Perhaps one of the main reasons why I loved "Uchuu no Stellvia" was because of being immersed by Uno-san's character designs from "Love Hina."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-11-15 at 01:02.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 01:04   Link #392
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Akamatsu's drawing style looks awesome on paper...... not on screen. At least to me.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 01:11   Link #393
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Akamatsu's drawing style looks awesome on paper...... not on screen. At least to me.
I thought it was fine in Love Hina Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980

Interesting. I abhorred the "Love Hina Again" OVA series while fell in love with the TV series' designs.
You mean you abhorred the OVA's drawing style?

Quote:
Yes, the TV series' character designs was indeed different from Akamatsu-san's manga drawings, but it was more than acceptable...in fact, I thought Uno Makoto-san's designs were of top-notch and very cute.
Really? Well, different preferences for different people, I guess. I simply liked Akamatsu's style so much to begin with and could not stand the XEBEC style.

Quote:
Perhaps one of the main reasons why I loved "Uchuu no Stellvia" was because of being immersed by Uno-san's character designs from "Love Hina."
I didn't mind it for Stellvia because I never had anything to compare it to...and also, Shippon suits the slightly chubby and cute look very well whereas Naru looks far prettier (to me at least) in the manga version of Love Hina.
Old 2004-11-15, 02:01   Link #394
Sydney2K

Quote:
XEBEC totally fucked up Love Hina with its uber lame drawing style
But you'll find that Love Hina the anime got a big following with anime fans- because they were exposed to the anime first, not to the manga. You can say that the anime doesn't compare to the manga (and you'd be right, I agree), but a lot of fans don't read the manga until it's translated into English, and many of those fans don't read scanlations. They saw the subs of Love Hina, either in clubs, at cons or off the web.

Widya Santoso
--
Gees, a crossover- Sarcasteak in the Genshiken thread, kj1980 in this thread ?:-)
Old 2004-11-15, 15:44   Link #395
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Same here. I liked the designs in the original TV series, while almost everyone in the OVA looked like they didn't get a good night sleep, especially Shinobu (eg their hair looked messy).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:36   Link #396
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Spoiler for Chapter 75:
Old 2004-11-16, 01:59   Link #397
USCPharmacist

Why must robot always have to "become" human? Is getting old.....

I say a robot will be a lot "happier" if it is made by a Vulcan
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 02:38   Link #398
lensman

Send a message via Yahoo to lensman
As a guy said in "Chobits"... "Aw come-on! It's cute!"

I can't wait for the Chinese scanlation to go out...
lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 12:00   Link #399
USCPharmacist

Well at least Chachamaru's "off" botton is in a place less "sick" then Chi.....
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 14:01   Link #400
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Can anyone give me a link to or so to chapter 74,75. Because I have been having a very hard time searching thru the Chinese BBS for chapter 74+.

Thx for your help

ps: are there even any post for chapter 74 & 75 anyway?

NVM i found them. But thanks for reading anyway.

Tags
action, fantasy