AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 11:15   Link #581
Tenzen12

For moment I thought Tamaki might actualy die, especialy as she finaly got guy to flirt with. I am glad that this show doesn't take death flags seriously ( dobermans might actualy survive at this rate!)

And what is with Kei! Instead of going with her WTH on Tamaki she should practice Mew, Mew on her own, as I see it it's only way top Lacus (that and nurse outfit)

PS: I can't help but when I see al these bishonens (especiay that Daneel guy) I have to think there will be some treachery. I guess I am biased toward them from some reason...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 13:31   Link #582
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wow, this episode was really fun I wonder what else will hap- *sees preview* Why does this series insist on being so whiplashy? It kind of kills the momentum.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 15:13   Link #583
ReddyRedWolf

Goodness Asagi has a point. The soldiers are a mirror to Earth's Augments. (Genetically engineered kids like Team Rabbits)

Only in Wulgaru soldier's case they more like the Jem'Hadar who have a limited lifespan and is loyal to the Wulgaru Manava the nobility. Like the Jem'Hadar they need a drug to live.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 15:27   Link #584
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Really going at a snail's pace, aren't they?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 16:08   Link #585
Gundamx

it look like they team rabbit == human copy
+
what if izuru actually survivor one of race that got extinct?
he is the reason why Lacus leave Wulgaru
>> and with her they try to help humanity so they don't end up facing same fate as his planet
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 18:14   Link #586
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Really going at a snail's pace, aren't they?
They have 2 cours to work with. So, no rush and there is a lot of character left to build.

I would like to point out that the Commander gave up an important detail I picked out a while ago: Earth doesn't know where the Gate is and, as a result, can't close it. It's why the satellites were destroyed in Ep 2.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:11   Link #587
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 11 was good. It was nice to see Tamaki (or should I say Kitty? ) get a chance to truly shine for a change. And it was also kind of neat to see her finally get some affection and attention from the dreamy guys that she's taken a liking to.

Those two guys that were cheering her on throughout the episode were a nice touch, and I love how there's a smarter side to the military in this show, with its ability to appeal directly to the personality quirks of a pilot.

This was a pretty lowkey mission, really, but they managed to make it seem very important and suspenseful. Well-done.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-06-13 at 22:39.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:18   Link #588
Traece
:cool:

Not an action-packed mission, but very interesting nonetheless.

Actually, I think the most interesting thing was them talking about using water on the exterior of the Star Rose to deal with cosmic radiation. That... actually made sense.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:16   Link #589
Irenesharda

Wow, with all that was going on with Valvrave, I never got a chance to comment on this newest episode.

Well, not much went on, not much was learned except to find out that the alien cannon fodder really are automatons without a will of their own. Not like we as the audience really care since all we see is still cannon fodder. If I don't care about the Soldier As on the Earth side, I sure as heck don't care about them on the Wulgaru's side.

We had a little more Tamaki this episode, but don't really like her character so whatever. They hinted at a dark turn with her, but as always they never actually get there and she is saved just in time once again. Sigh...

Not much to this episode, give it a 5.5/10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 02:03   Link #590
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Wow, with all that was going on with Valvrave, I never got a chance to comment on this newest episode.

Well, not much went on, not much was learned except to find out that the alien cannon fodder really are automatons without a will of their own. Not like we as the audience really care since all we see is still cannon fodder. If I don't care about the Soldier As on the Earth side, I sure as heck don't care about them on the Wulgaru's side.

We had a little more Tamaki this episode, but don't really like her character so whatever. They hinted at a dark turn with her, but as always they never actually get there and she is saved just in time once again. Sigh...

Not much to this episode, give it a 5.5/10.
I care about cannon fodder. As a long-time Gundam fan, cannon fodder is rarely cannon fodder. In this context it's also important for expositing the story behind the Wulgaru, which I feel is interesting. It's also important to the characters, because now they know even more about what it is they're actually fighting.

But yes, for the most part this episode served as exposition for the events that have happened in the most recent episodes, and it was much slower in pacing as a result. It's one of those episodes that people will either like or hate.
Old 2013-06-16, 02:27   Link #591
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I care about cannon fodder. As a long-time Gundam fan, cannon fodder is rarely cannon fodder. In this context it's also important for expositing the story behind the Wulgaru, which I feel is interesting. It's also important to the characters, because now they know even more about what it is they're actually fighting.

But yes, for the most part this episode served as exposition for the events that have happened in the most recent episodes, and it was much slower in pacing as a result. It's one of those episodes that people will either like or hate.
I've watched Gundam and mecha or a while too, but I don't mean the people on the bridge, or the workers you can see. I'm talking about all those people that really only get relegated to a statistic. Those people serving on a ship that explodes in the first second of the show that you never get hear from, much less see. How am I supposed to be emotionally invested in those people? All I know is that a ship was destroyed and supposedly there were people on it, but I'm not really all that interested in their demise, just what the destruction of the ship means to the over all plot.

That's what I mean by "Soldier A"s. But hey, if you're invested in them that's fine. I've just watched so much of this stuff that I just don't really give a care if you kill them off or not. Their purpose pretty much is to get killed off in the background, so I don't really care if they're humans, aliens, or droids, whether they have the ability to think for themselves or not. They all end up the same way anyway.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-16, 02:42   Link #592
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Spoiler for Snip:
What I mean is, I care about the cannon fodder as a class. Individually they mean nothing to me. It's generally important to know who the cannon fodder are intended to be, whether it's an average group of soldiers, or displaced guerilla protecting their homes from invaders. In this case they're apparently mindless clones built from the destroyed civilizations before Earth. It's possible, however unlikely, that this could be an important part of the story. Honestly, I don't think that Majestic Prince put forth much effort in giving the soldiers a concept of morale. There's been hints at it but thus far the military forces getting their asses handed to them by the Wulgaru in every battle doesn't seem to have really made them any better or worse at dying.

At any rate, one very important thing here is that Master Daneel has acquired some information from a crash-landed Wulgaru ship (that was supposed to be at the edge of a cliff or something, but actually wasn't?). Is it possible that we could see improvements to our little prototypes, or will it reveal a potential new attack target?! ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Actually one thing that bothers me at this point is how Majestic Prince really doesn't seem to be progressing all that well right now. It started to move into some very interesting stuff but then took the time to run this episode in an effort to do some exposition and some setup. Honestly though, I think that they could have just as easily achieved this in a less episode-wasting way. In retrospect, this episode was a bit of a disappointment when you consider the great storytelling they were doing over the Wulgaru defectors reveal and our hero's affiliation with Teoria.
Old 2013-06-16, 03:21   Link #593
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
PS: I can't help but when I see al these bishonens (especiay that Daneel guy) I have to think there will be some treachery.
I also think that Daneel might have his very own agenda, but that's not because of his looks, but because of his name! Damn you, Asimov... ._.
Old 2013-06-16, 23:48   Link #594
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Actually one thing that bothers me at this point is how Majestic Prince really doesn't seem to be progressing all that well right now. It started to move into some very interesting stuff but then took the time to run this episode in an effort to do some exposition and some setup. Honestly though, I think that they could have just as easily achieved this in a less episode-wasting way. In retrospect, this episode was a bit of a disappointment when you consider the great storytelling they were doing over the Wulgaru defectors reveal and our hero's affiliation with Teoria.

I know what you mean. I felt this show was beginning to go somewhere and then it just kept coming to a halt. I don't know whether it's because every time I think they might be getting into something deep they just don't go anywhere with it. I was really expecting them to do something with Tamaki this week, especially with them talking about her vitals and her machine overloading the entire time. However, they save her in the nick of time and nothing of importance was truly accomplished.

I've been giving this show time, but they are soon getting to the halfway mark and it really doesn't feel as if much was accomplished thus far.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-17, 05:32   Link #595
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

From her earlier works, the current scriptwright is pretty conservative. Might take a lot for her to swing a curveball enough for you desensitized connoiseurs.
Old 2013-06-17, 14:50   Link #596
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
From her earlier works, the current scriptwright is pretty conservative. Might take a lot for her to swing a curveball enough for you desensitized connoiseurs.
While I don't think any of it is translated, it's actually an adaptation. So we might not get much push towards finality until the second cour.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:09   Link #597
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ep.12:
Spoiler:

Next ep preview:
Spoiler:

And now for the "the plot is not moving forwards by leaps and bounds rawr double rawr valvrave is so much better" comments.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-06-20 at 10:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:55   Link #598
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2013-06-20 at 11:22.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:21   Link #599
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well the car, weapon otaku preschooler, and swisuit freak out bits were funny, but this episode could have been better. It is episodes like this that make me wonder if this series is going anywhere. At least we get a new guy next ep.
Quote:
Where is the anti-lolicon police brigade when you need it?
I'm here and I'm anti-loli but two issues: A) I don't want a warning and B) Asagi is not enjoying it so he is doing nothing wrong.
Quote:
And now for the "the plot is not moving forwards by leaps and bounds rawr double rawr valvrave is so much better" comments.
I don't even want to say Valvrave is better, but at least it has momentum and there is suspense to it. The scary part is after next week this will be the only series I'll be watching.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:56   Link #600
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
After looking at Kei’s chest in that bikini, I wonder if she put on a bra with some padding when she wore that nurse outfit coz she looks like she gained quite a bit of "chest-volumes".

Also, now I see that the loli mechanic was just being tsun when she said that Asagi was a lousy pilot. IMO There’s nothing more to it than the usual tsundere antics considering she enjoyed her date with Asagi in this ep.

Also, those things on Tamaki’s chest aren’t boobs! They look more like coconuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I don't even want to say Valvrave is better, but at least it has momentum and there is suspense to it. The scary part is after next week this will be the only series I'll be watching.
I for one am happy that I still have this series to follow after Gargantia ended and Valvrave took some rest. I consider this series equal in overall quality with the other two. I will go even further by saying that MJP has the best CG mecha battles of all three mecha-shows considering the Machine Calibers in Gargantia are only doing some beam-spamming (most of the times) and Sunrise still obsessed with 2D pink explosions in Valvrave (Come on, Sunrise! We already had enough of those pink-splosions since the end of Gundam SEED )

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-06-20 at 12:10.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction