AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-05, 14:11   Link #1
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Suikoden 2

Well i have just finished the game, all guardian deity statue pieces, all 108 characters, got the 4 different endings(no more endings, right? ) and no i didnt do the clive quest, that's just annoying
Anyway it was a great game till the ending, the endings was a little expected except for the "happy"
Spoiler:
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 15:58   Link #2
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
Well i have just finished the game, all guardian deity statue pieces, all 108 characters, got the 4 different endings(no more endings, right? ) and no i didnt do the clive quest, that's just annoying
Anyway it was a great game till the ending, the endings was a little expected except for the "happy"
Spoiler:
and what is it you want to discuss regarding the game?

opinions?

which ending did everyone get?

Old 2004-10-05, 18:31   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

As far as I can tell, the 'happy' ending is the official one. At least, there's no evidence that Riou was put in charge of the City-States. I think Teresa becomes the new leader, moving the seat of government to Greenhill. You hear a little about this from Lilly in 3.

All in all, it didn't really effect much. All of the official stories that take place after the war move towards the Grasslands and Harmonia as the new settings.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 20:14   Link #4
wnkryo
HainShodan

I played both great games, but I recently finished part 1 agian. It sucked that after I got all 108 stars of destiny just to get gremio walking with me (the hero) at the end

But I still love the game.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:31   Link #5
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I played both great games, but I recently finished part 1 agian. It sucked that after I got all 108 stars of destiny just to get gremio walking with me (the hero) at the end

But I still love the game.
Can meet Mcdohl and Germio in Suikoden 2 , all you need is a save before meeting Barbarossa(in Suikoden 1 of course, hence why you get asked if you wanna load suikoden 1 save game before starting)
Well the reason i started this thread was so people could discuss how they liked this game and didnt like about it, myself i didnt like any of the endings, and the battlefield fights was just silly after you got Mazus in your group and how strong the group became after Georg/Pesmerga/Mazus joined your group, but the story was really good. Though why did Harmonia help Highland?
Dont think that was answered at all, if it was i wasnt paying any attention at all.
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 15:23   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler for Harmonia:

Unfortunately, to get the whole story behind the Suikoden series, you have to find translations or at least summaries of the Suikogaiden visual novel games, and the collected stories as well. Suikosource is a good place to start for any questions you may have about the various nations and their politics.
Old 2004-10-07, 17:33   Link #7
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

i just love Seikoden 1 and 2 i finished the game 3 years ago though but its still a verry good game
JaXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:56   Link #8
iritlus

suikoden 2 is played on playstation or playstation 2?

i played the first game and i wish to play it again and this time to save germio...
but my sister took both the game and the playstation...
iritlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:12   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

2 is for the original Playstation. 3 and the soon-to-be-released 4 (Jan 11, 2005) are for the Playstation 2.
Old 2004-10-23, 12:33   Link #10
Mashimaro
q8D

I love the suikoden series. Although the graphics are abit..meh..the story and plot is great. A movie could be made! Could make millions of dollars
Although I'm a final fantasy fan after playing this I quickly switched over. The plot/story > graphics.
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 21:29   Link #11
Evan
天使我爱你

Ah!!! Suikoden is my Favourite top 3 RPG game!!! Played all the series except the suikogaiden series~ The story is Great! character development is Wonderful! Everything is top-notch! Can't wait for the true ending!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 02:34   Link #12
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
Ah!!! Suikoden is my Favourite top 3 RPG game!!! Played all the series except the suikogaiden series~ The story is Great! character development is Wonderful! Everything is top-notch! Can't wait for the true ending!
You'll have to wait a little longer. Suikoden 4 takes place 150 years before the first game. The only characters that will already be familiar to the players are Jeanne, Viki, Leknaat and Ted. I'm looking forward to meeting Elenor Silverburg, the ancestor of Odessa, Mathiu, Leon and Ceaser.

The true ending to the game could only take place when all 27 of the True Runes have been located, and come together in one final, gigantic battle. Currently, 16 of the True Runes have been seen in the games, although 3 of them have lost their owners, so really only 13 are known,
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-07, 07:09   Link #13
Wisely

Actually, there is 1 more ending

Spoiler:
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 15:23   Link #14
BlazingKyogre

I have a question guys, how do you describe Oulan's appearance?

I'm in Suikoden-mania (finished S1 and playing S2 at the moment).
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
108 stars of destiny, drama