AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-04, 19:35   Link #101
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Funny episode. I expected the Sena bath time service to be a little better though. Better how? I'm not quite sure. I think he running out the front door so foolishly ruined it a little...

Anyway, I love how despite the random hijinks and the various forms of fan service, we STILL have a plot going. Good stuff here, good stuff.
For me I would actually say I like the running out butt naked thing.

Don't get me wrong I love my fan service as much as the next but the running out naked joke plays exactly with the series and for that I love it.
Cause I do think I did laugh a little too hard at it, the way she runs out all "Hahaha Hehehe" and then "....OMGWTF?!...NOOOOOOEEESS!!"

I never would have thought I say I prefer a good joke over simply fan service for such a character as Sena but then it's not just Sena's look I'm so into, it's the whole package

The episode was a good laugh, probably my favorite so far.
I thought we weren't gonna see Yozora's prison style swimsuit but we do.
I like it cause it's funny and strange cuase of how well she dresses casually.
Also as much as I love Kobato in her cosplay, she's a whole lot cuter in casuals.
It's that weird thing again where you see a cast in uniform most of the time, so casual clothes look great when they wear them for a change or if they are wearing casual clothes mostly and then some sorta uniform, cosplay or whatever will look great cause it's different.
One of life's little mysteries.

Poor Kobato, she's so scared of Sena, she's developed her own spidey sense

Looking forward to the next ep!
Old 2011-12-04, 21:12   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
For me I would actually say I like the running out butt naked thing.

Don't get me wrong I love my fan service as much as the next but the running out naked joke plays exactly with the series and for that I love it.
Cause I do think I did laugh a little too hard at it, the way she runs out all "Hahaha Hehehe" and then "....OMGWTF?!...NOOOOOOEEESS!!"

I never would have thought I say I prefer a good joke over simply fan service for such a character as Sena but then it's not just Sena's look I'm so into, it's the whole package
I didn't like how she just tripped and I thought she noticed him a little late. I agree that it does fit, but this is opinion here, sooo yeah.
Old 2011-12-04, 22:15   Link #103
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Eagerly waiting for the Blu-Ray Version of Episode 9, where Yozora runs out... without the meddlesome presence of sparkling crayons smeared over her like a Twilight Vampire.

Hubba Hubba Drool Drool!!
Old 2011-12-04, 22:47   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You know, I don't think those were censoring anything; it was meant to be like that.
Old 2011-12-04, 22:53   Link #105
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ stupid infraction aside... I agree with Drago... all those shoujo bubbles weren't censoring anything... more like promoting imagination... despite stupid infractions, rules, whatever
Old 2011-12-05, 08:31   Link #106
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Sena was pretty much in her own imouto route yuri fantasies. Until the sight of the lone male snapped her out of it, that is.

I need to say something.

Stella.

She is full of win. She showed that even without wearing the usual cliche french maid outfit, one female servant can ooze sexiness and class. Why? Because she is motherfucking Stella. With three lines, she left quite a big impression on me. "Don't stare at me, I might get pregnant.", "Oh Kodaka you pervert...", then, this last line, delivered with a cold, deadpan, matter-of-fact tone, "I sleep completely naked.", that one line just sealed the deal for me.

I long for more Stella, possibly in a hypothetical second season, but it is going to be hard. So Haganai is, with Madoka, steins,gate and Fate Zero the series of 2011 that makes me want to purchase their DVDs/BluRay. I will do so for Haganai, if that means getting closer to the limit that gets the greenlight for a second season. For Stella.

And maids. And girls in suits. (because that song fits so much for Stella)
Old 2011-12-05, 13:35   Link #107
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i'm fully expecting a reveal that Kobato isn't actually his blood related sister. With how much she loves him it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me. Maybe she IS sena's sister but was instead raised by Kodaka's family from some reason only rich people can understand.
i like this idea

b/c then there is a possiblity of a kodaka/kobato pairing

or not..
Old 2011-12-05, 13:37   Link #108
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
i like this idea

b/c then there is a possiblity of a kodaka/kobato pairing

or not..
NOT
Old 2011-12-05, 15:14   Link #109
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 2011-12-05, 15:18   Link #110
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
NOT
Agreed. Kobato not being Kodaka's sister would completely ruin the relationship they have...not to mention the awkwardness that will be made because Kobato has revealed herself a number of times to Kodaka and even pressed herself against him when naked at times. The cute little sister and respectful Onii-chan would fly out the window...plus, I like them as brother and sister

Think of the new names he would get called by the other club members...well...except Rika...she would actually quite enjoy that

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-12-05 at 19:39.
Old 2011-12-05, 21:22   Link #111
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I was so scared for Kobato when she agreed to take a bath with Sena while half-asleep. And I was so sad that I didn't get to see what happened. Also, what was up with Pegasus's drunk voice? It sounded like his nose was blocked off or something.
Old 2011-12-06, 03:33   Link #112
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Agreed. Kobato not being Kodaka's sister would completely ruin the relationship they have...not to mention the awkwardness that will be made because Kobato has revealed herself a number of times to Kodaka and even pressed herself against him when naked at times. The cute little sister and respectful Onii-chan would fly out the window...plus, I like them as brother and sister

Think of the new names he would get called by the other club members...well...except Rika...she would actually quite enjoy that
Hm, I did not really say that, based on blood relation, in the end it is insignificant... from my perspective, Kobato or Kodaka developing sexual lust for each other would be completely out of character, and basically ruin their relationship's excellent characterazation that the show has thus far achieved.
Old 2011-12-06, 13:51   Link #113
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hm, I did not really say that, based on blood relation, in the end it is insignificant... from my perspective, Kobato or Kodaka developing sexual lust for each other would be completely out of character, and basically ruin their relationship's excellent characterazation that the show has thus far achieved.
Oh no, I know you didn't say that, I was just giving my thoughts to the matter I Didn't mean to make you think I was trying to agree to something you didn't say.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:21   Link #114
lightsenshi
Author

Sena: Universe!
Rika: Stop stealing my lines!
Old 2011-12-06, 19:40   Link #115
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Very good episode this time

Once again, masterfully trolling from Yozora. I can't quite decide what was the bigger trolling, her horse mask or her full-body "swimsuit".

Yozora goes on to troll Sena and Maria, whereas the latter proved once again that she only slightly more intelligent than some chicoree XD

Yozora: I will eat you whole!
Maria: I don't taste well, I only eat vegetables!
Yozora: I'm vegetarian!
Maria: Oh noes... I should've continued to eat steaks, so I taste like meat.

Sena's tsundere dad also was priceless. Supposedly he was frequently drinking with Kodaka's dad, but he's already drunk after the first glass of wine and totally plastered after the second and third.

Sena has fun with Kobato again. After some fun in the bath, she runs after her naked, meeting Kodaka like that. Epic. Also, another Universe

Finally, Stella - another girl in a male butler's clothes. Did Subaru from Mayo Chiki start a trend there?
Stella has her master well under control, which certainly isn't easy with "Pegasus" XD
Old 2011-12-06, 20:48   Link #116
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I can't believe that this only just now occurred to me: Hasn't Yozora spent 8 episodes flashing her (sometimes apparently bare) backside under that skirt? The full body swimwear just seems so much more ridiculous, and yet so... Yozora.
Old 2011-12-06, 22:51   Link #117
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Somehow I don't think Yozora is going to progress much until the childhood thing is confronted. That part of her past made her completely broken, much more then Kodaka.

Sena ending up being some kind of blood relative would ruin the series, and her father apparently likes the potential pairing between her and Kodaka (which probably won't happen anyway, because the "childhood friend/love" almost always wins...)
Old 2011-12-07, 12:11   Link #118
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
the "childhood friend/love" almost always wins...)
in my viewing experiences, this has almost never been the case...if anything the childhood friend is a archetype for somebody who never wins the main pairing.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:03   Link #119
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Maybe, but in Yozura's case, it would seriously hinder her development, or break her completely. She puts on a really good mask, but she's a classic glass-type character who went so far as to make up a club just so she could have a chance to get Kodaka to remember her (I think she wants other friends too, but her primary goal has always been him.) Progression to romance between the two would also end up with a stronger pairing then any of the other characters, even Sena.

Sena on the other hand just came looking for friends, and she's found them, even if she doesn't realize it yet (or any of them for that matter.) Romantic entanglement with Kodaka isn't needed for her to accomplish her original goal and develop as a character. People just really like her (I know I do too) and want to see the pairing, but forget how much it would hurt Yozura.

Anyway, I see a lot of parallels with Love Hina and the childhood thing, and we all know how that ended.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:22   Link #120
mironicus

The revealing of the childhood friendship won't change Yozoras position much - that was in the past.
Closed Thread