AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 00:54   Link #11141
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I was referring to the fact that Zenkichi is more interesting apart from Medaka than with Medaka. It's Medaka that makes Zenkichi boring, not Zenkichi being boring in himself.

So, yes, I'd agree with you that Zen is potentially interesting, but Zen is only interesting apart from Medaka. Which is why I feel that Zen comes to life whenever he is apart from Medaka.
Yeah its like medakas flame swallows zens flame cause its so big , zenkichi is more like a natural leader and when he is not with medaka people gather around him .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 09:12   Link #11142
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why is Shiranui always causing trouble to Medaka? Medaka wants to meet the professor, the professor was about to welcome them, but no, Shiranui wants the professor to hurt Medaka and her friends just because she don't want to see Medaka. She don't care about the consequence of her action at all.

Wtf, dude.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 09:17   Link #11143
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why is Shiranui always causing trouble to Medaka? Medaka wants to meet the professor, the professor was about to welcome them, but no, Shiranui wants the professor to hurt Medaka and her friends just because she don't want to see Medaka. She don't care about the consequence of her action at all.

Wtf, dude.
I think it's because she still has to sort out wether she likes her or hates her. Currently she doesn't even know about her own feelings, so saying that may buy her time to think about it. And it's not like Fukurou and the suitors plan to kill Medaka's group, anyway, just keep them at bay.

At least, that's my personal view.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:11   Link #11144
Wolfenstein

Technically speaking, Shiranui just said that she couldn't allow them to meet, Fukurou and Medaka, that is.

Why? No clue. We're not supposed to have a clue, though. Even Shiranui herself dosen't know. The only thing we know is that she thinks she's not that admirable of a person, and that she's irresponsible.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:49   Link #11145
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Technically speaking, Shiranui just said that she couldn't allow them to meet, Fukurou and Medaka, that is.

Why? No clue. We're not supposed to have a clue, though. Even Shiranui herself dosen't know. The only thing we know is that she thinks she's not that admirable of a person, and that she's irresponsible.
Well, then she could at least ask the Professor to hides/moves her away from the location if she doesn't want to see Medaka instead of asking the professor to "stop" Medaka's group.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:55   Link #11146
Wolfenstein

You're confused.

She said she didn't want Medaka to meet with Doctor Tsurubami.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:14   Link #11147
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
You're confused.

She said she didn't want Medaka to meet with Doctor Tsurubami.
You're right, I forgot about that. Well, that might be because it looks like she's still protecting Medaka - Karai even asks her if she's still acting as her double, after all
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:16   Link #11148
Wolfenstein

^Pretty much.

Although, she seems to half reject that notion, stating that she dosen't think she's that admirable of a person.

Personally, I think that might just be a product of her own confusion. She has no idea how she really feels. I wouldn't like if the feelings she showed the day before to Medaka were real, to be honest. I loved the Shiranui that didn't give a crap about anyone, except for the obvious exception. And she seems to be at her most direct and clear when she's talking/acting about/on that friendship.
Old 2012-11-18, 13:41   Link #11149
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Although that may change considering that Medaka Box is still a shonen manga consider that most shonen manga is about friendship and what not.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:21   Link #11150
DawnEmperor

Quote:

Wtf, dude.
What exactly are you complaining about? It's sounds like you're nitpicking.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:11   Link #11151
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
What exactly are you complaining about? It's sounds like you're nitpicking.
So, I am not allow to complain the character's weakness/poor decision now? Funny you know, some of the posters were not happy with Medaka's action and they were posted all over here in the past.

Did you said the same thing to them too?
Old 2012-11-19, 11:43   Link #11152
DawnEmperor

Quote:
So, I am not allow to complain the character's weakness/poor decision now? Funny you know, some of the posters were not happy with Medaka's action and they were posted all over here in the past.

Did you said the same thing to them too?
Actually, I have. Maybe not frequently, but I have. While I'm not the biggest fan of Medaka, I don't see her as the antichrist. I just think it's better to question a character's motivation rather than simply bash them because because "I think they're annoying".
Old 2012-11-19, 14:35   Link #11153
kenjtr

I really need to know what happened in the middle school and why doesnt zenkichi remembers it pls explain it to me mangaka
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 15:54   Link #11154
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
why doesnt zenkichi remembers it
All Fiction.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:10   Link #11155
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
All Fiction.
A possible explanation.

But I don't know. Medaka dosen't remember it either. And it seems as though All-Fiction has no effect over her.

I generally just thought that the trauma was so much, their minds erased the memories as a defense mechanism, though I agree that's really pushing it.

~~~

On another note, what is it you guys's want explained most about middle-school?

Personally, Kumagawa talked as if he, Zenkichi and Anshin'-san were friends or something. Even Anshin'-san said something wierd in the same fashion. I'd really like to know what the fuck they were talking about.

Oh, and that whole Akune/Ajimu deal as well.
Old 2012-11-19, 19:00   Link #11156
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But I don't know. Medaka dosen't remember it either. And it seems as though All-Fiction has no effect over her.
When was this said? Hell, it's basically outright stated in the first chapter of the current arc that All Fiction is the reason no one remembers middle school.
Quote:
Why Maguro remembered Ajimu. And, for that matter, who the fifth member of Kumagawa's student council was.
Old 2012-11-19, 20:00   Link #11157
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
When was this said? Hell, it's basically outright stated in the first chapter of the current arc that All Fiction is the reason no one remembers middle school.
Really? Well, let me check that. It seems I completely missed it.

And as for that, wouldn't All-Fiction not work on Medaka due to MC status, plus the fact she has All-Fiction herself? It technically failed to erase her memories of Shiranui, though the description was rather vague.
Old 2012-11-19, 21:47   Link #11158
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
And as for that, wouldn't All-Fiction not work on Medaka due to MC status, plus the fact she has All-Fiction herself? It technically failed to erase her memories of Shiranui, though the description was rather vague.
Medaka has never been immune to Skills just because she can use them.
It was explained in Chapter 159 that, as All Fiction has weakened, Medaka and Zenkichi, due to their emotional connections to Shiranui, can remember her, and it's suggested in the same chapter that All Fiction may in fact have always had that limitation: Kumagawa says something cryptic about Maguro remembering Ajimu, and we've already seen it fail to erase Raff Raffelsia, to Kumagawa's surprise (at the time).
Also, before anyone claims that Maguro isn't even mentioned in 159, check the raws, the translators missed something.
Old 2012-11-19, 23:05   Link #11159
DawnEmperor

Quote:

Personally, Kumagawa talked as if he, Zenkichi and Anshin'-san were friends or something. Even Anshin'-san said something wierd in the same fashion. I'd really like to know what the fuck they were talking about.

Oh, and that whole Akune/Ajimu deal as well.
It always seemed like Zenkichi was a bit isolated from the rest of the characters due to being fixtated on Medaka. When Anshin was reminiscing about Zenkichi, she seemed to only remember his training to defeat Medaka(then again, it was the arc right before). Yes, he has some interactions with them(animosity with Akune, fear of Kumagawa), but that's still mainly in relation to their connection to Medaka.

I hope to be proven wrong though, maybe he had some other things to do(there's been constant comments that they drifted apart at some point).
Old 2012-11-20, 01:00   Link #11160
Wolfenstein

What you're saying makes sense, Sol. What with that whole Maguro thing, If I could read raws, so I'll just take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor
It always seemed like Zenkichi was a bit isolated from the rest of the characters due to being fixtated on Medaka. When Anshin was reminiscing about Zenkichi, she seemed to only remember his training to defeat Medaka(then again, it was the arc right before). Yes, he has some interactions with them(animosity with Akune, fear of Kumagawa), but that's still mainly in relation to their connection to Medaka.

I hope to be proven wrong though, maybe he had some other things to do(there's been constant comments that they drifted apart at some point).
Recall what was specifically stated about such a time?

That Medaka and Zenkichi drifted apart from each other during middle-school.

That in mind, remember when Kumagawa talked about the three of them meeting again in conversation after his homicide + suicide?

Spoiler:

Or this strange scene:

Spoiler:

I can feel a backstory to this, passes off the impression that they used to talk to each other or something, maybe it explains why Zenkichi's dream is also the middle-school classroom where he and Kumagawa meet Ajimu.

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council