AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 20:49   Link #601
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post

On a side note, the next update is planned to be released on November.
oh man takes too long to play legitimately now the DLC disc lock characters.

But I can understand with Tekken because of the rebalancing.
Old 2012-10-29, 01:21   Link #602
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Here I finished all the cutscenes together and finished the fight lab ... strongly in 90 days for the update and new characters

Quote:
On a side note, the next update is planned to be released on November.
Novembre...

and it is annoying when I want to see the end of Lili and Asuka poses but it is rare that they do sniff

EDIT: I just figured out how the result end poses
must beat the opponent with a shot tag?

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-10-29 at 01:34.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 01:58   Link #603
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Has the next set of characters been released? I haven't checked.

And I don't think anyone posted this here yet, so

Spoiler for Junknown character panels:

Purple goo. It's a hell of a thing
Might be the November update, but I don't know for sure.
A bit ironic for me since I find Unknown's character panels are more interesting than Jun's especially Tomio Fujisawa and Shunya Yamashita's drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
EDIT: I just figured out how the result end poses
must beat the opponent with a shot tag?
Yes. Defeat the opponent using Tag combo / Tag throw / Tag Assault and we'll get special win poses.

Same like previous Tekken games, we can select the win pose by holding a button during the replay. As for Tekken TAG 2, we could hold the button during the winpose itself (before the character walks)

holding RP/LK/RK (triangle/cross/circle) will only result in generic win poses. Holding the LP (square) will give us partner-specific win pose if they have it. Otherwise, it'll only give us another generic winpose.

If the main character has a special win pose with the partner by holding the square button, the partner might have the same or different win pose with the main character
for example.
- Kazuya and Devil Jin. Both of them have different win pose depending on who did the finishing blow.
- Jinpachi and Wang. Both has same win pose
- Jun and asuka doesn't have special winpose (although they like each other and both have special tag throw with each other)

You might want to try Lili and Ganryu
Old 2012-10-29, 02:35   Link #604
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yes. Defeat the opponent using Tag combo / Tag throw / Tag Assault and we'll get special win poses.

Same like previous Tekken games, we can select the win pose by holding a button during the replay. As for Tekken TAG 2, we could hold the button during the winpose itself (before the character walks)

holding RP/LK/RK (triangle/cross/circle) will only result in generic win poses. Holding the LP (square) will give us partner-specific win pose if they have it. Otherw
ise, it'll only give us another generic winpose.

If the main character has a special win pose with the partner by holding the square button, the partner might have the same or different win pose with the main character
for example.
- Kazuya and Devil Jin. Both of them have different win pose depending on who did the finishing blow.
- Jinpachi and Wang. Both has same win pose
- Jun and asuka doesn't have special winpose (although they like each other and both have special tag throw with each other)

You might want to try Lili and Ganryu
I can has to do with the triangle it is easier but I admit if I use the other style I have other "pose"? I'll try one day

Lili and Ganryu there is nothing special ... but I use the triangle must be for his ^^"
Old 2012-10-29, 04:27   Link #605
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I can has to do with the triangle it is easier but I admit if I use the other style I have other "pose"? I'll try one day

Lili and Ganryu there is nothing special ... but I use the triangle must be for his ^^"
Hold the square button when you win (by using tag attacks) for special win pose
triangle/circle/cross button only give normal win poses

Lili and Ganryu has one just hold the square button when you win a match.
They met back in Tekken 5 DR. Lili likes Ganryu because of his thick eyebrows remind her of her father
Old 2012-10-29, 09:40   Link #606
Xagzan

Quote:
Might be the November update, but I don't know for sure.
A bit ironic for me since I find Unknown's character panels are more interesting than Jun's especially Tomio Fujisawa and Shunya Yamashita's drawings.
What's the ironic part? Do you prefer Jun but like Unknown's panels better?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 17:37   Link #607
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What's the ironic part? Do you prefer Jun but like Unknown's panels better?
Yeah, something like that. Unknown is her demonic form (and monstrous form are supposed to look "ugly" compared to its human form). But IMO the character panels for Unknown are more well-drawn compared to Jun
Old 2012-10-29, 22:35   Link #608
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Hold the square button when you win (by using tag attacks) for special win pose
triangle/circle/cross button only give normal win poses

Lili and Ganryu has one just hold the square button when you win a match.
They met back in Tekken 5 DR. Lili likes Ganryu because of his thick eyebrows remind her of her father
I do a tag and then I hold the square button? it's hard I can not x "D
and yes I know for in tekken 5 Lili and Ganryu haha
Old 2012-10-29, 23:21   Link #609
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I do a tag and then I hold the square button? it's hard I can not x "D
and yes I know for in tekken 5 Lili and Ganryu haha
I think you misunderstand
hold the square button after you win a match. It's when the replay was shown and the announcer said "You Win" (when the character will pose and then walks to his/her back)

-----------

Some details regarding the November patch.

No new characters yet. The fixes are most probably for bug and glitches. I don't know whether this one is the 1.03 patch or a newer one... since I already got 1.03 several days ago :s
Old 2012-10-30, 02:32   Link #610
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I understood, but I did not know you could do after his victory and he said "you win" thanks you
for because I usually do not touch anything has finally "start" for the next fight
Old 2012-10-31, 17:49   Link #611
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Okay, I'm about ready to just quit this game. I've been playing online for the past 40 minutes or so... and I haven't won a single match. I can even count how many rounds I won on one hand. I'm trying to improve my play style but I can't seem to wrap my mind around the game.

Not to mention it's incredibly frustrating, there are so many times when I lose because my last attack whiffed, or if I was a hairline away from winning and somehow they make a comeback... then there's winning 2 rounds and losing 3 (which I didn't even get to do today). Then there are the matches where I don't even stand a chance, like... no matter what I do, no matter what I thought I learned I end up getting beaten so badly it's like this is the first time I picked up the game... and I've been playing Tekken for years... :|

It could also be the combination of my lack of understanding and the characters I'm using seeing as Xiaoyu and Miharu are advanced... but quite honestly, I'd rather quit the game. They're the main reasons I even got this game in the first place.

I keep reading that going into practice mode and training against certain attacks and setups is a wise thing to do... but I don't know, past a certain point it'll feel less like a game and more like a chore. I don't feel like sitting and teaching myself how to play a game I've been trying to pick up for years... it's too tedious sounding for a game for me (especially considering HOW MANY things I'd have to train for in Practice Mode, I'd be playing Practice Mode all day just trying to find out how to properly counter one move... and then when I play against somebody else I'll either forget or my strategy won't work and it'll all have been for nothing). I'm probably going to stick to offline since I don't know anyone to play online with. :|

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 22:05   Link #612
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So you need to hold the square button for the special win pose.

Hmm...Now Iam wondering if Lili is Bi-sexual. She was so yuri in Queens Gate
Old 2012-11-01, 02:50   Link #613
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Okay, I'm about ready to just quit this game. I've been playing online for the past 40 minutes or so... and I haven't won a single match. I can even count how many rounds I won on one hand. I'm trying to improve my play style but I can't seem to wrap my mind around the game.

Not to mention it's incredibly frustrating, there are so many times when I lose because my last attack whiffed, or if I was a hairline away from winning and somehow they make a comeback... then there's winning 2 rounds and losing 3 (which I didn't even get to do today). Then there are the matches where I don't even stand a chance, like... no matter what I do, no matter what I thought I learned I end up getting beaten so badly it's like this is the first time I picked up the game... and I've been playing Tekken for years... :|

It could also be the combination of my lack of understanding and the characters I'm using seeing as Xiaoyu and Miharu are advanced... but quite honestly, I'd rather quit the game. They're the main reasons I even got this game in the first place.

I keep reading that going into practice mode and training against certain attacks and setups is a wise thing to do... but I don't know, past a certain point it'll feel less like a game and more like a chore. I don't feel like sitting and teaching myself how to play a game I've been trying to pick up for years... it's too tedious sounding for a game for me (especially considering HOW MANY things I'd have to train for in Practice Mode, I'd be playing Practice Mode all day just trying to find out how to properly counter one move... and then when I play against somebody else I'll either forget or my strategy won't work and it'll all have been for nothing). I'm probably going to stick to offline since I don't know anyone to play online with. :|
you just need to read framedatas, experiment stuff like frame traps, oki etc..
you don't need to practice to counter a single move, if your opponent uses it a couple of times, you should be able to read it by the next round.
Tekken is a game of patience, wait for the opponent to whiff his/her launcher then retaliate.
use lows to your advantage
grab when you need to

there are a lot of options, you just need to learn it.

fighting games are all about mind reading. don't give up
just because you aren't winning doesn't mean you're bad, it just means your opponent is better than you are right now but that does not mean you can't beat him/her

I play on local tourneys, I lose too but that doesn't stop me from trying
be positive, man

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:12   Link #614
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
you just need to read framedatas, experiment stuff like frame traps, oki etc..
you don't need to practice to counter a single move, if your opponent uses it a couple of times, you should be able to read it by the next round.
Tekken is a game of patience, wait for the opponent to whiff his/her launcher then retaliate.
use lows to your advantage
grab when you need to

there are a lot of options, you just need to learn it.

fighting games are all about mind reading. don't give up
just because you aren't winning doesn't mean you're bad, it just means your opponent is better than you are right now but that does not mean you can't beat him/her

I play on local tourneys, I lose too but that doesn't stop me from trying
be positive, man
I'll try, I mean I still love Tekken... it's just really difficult for me to play. Like, I have little patience and I throw out attacks and grabs sometimes because I'm panicking and sometimes because I'm trying to at least stall my inevitable defeat... because then there are times when I try to be patient and I stand back and try to dodge or block but my defense is so awful that they end up beating me faster that way. owo;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:22   Link #615
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So you need to hold the square button for the special win pose.

Most likely a Japan thing IMO. Princess character archetype like Lili is quite popular there. Plus, it's a common thing that a friendly girls rivalry tend to be bent into yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'll try, I mean I still love Tekken... it's just really difficult for me to play. Like, I have little patience and I throw out attacks and grabs sometimes because I'm panicking and sometimes because I'm trying to at least stall my inevitable defeat... because then there are times when I try to be patient and I stand back and try to dodge or block but my defense is so awful that they end up beating me faster that way. owo;
You're not the only one.
I see that some people here are also having a hard time online Heck, sometimes I still lose to spammers too. (Even got a few losses to offline ghosts)
Tekken is very difficult to play "correctly" indeed. It took years to be good at this game (at least that's what I see from most of seasoned players). Also agree with Frailty. Tekken needs patience and is a defense-oriented game.
Another contributing factor might be the online play... since this is the first Tekken with decent online playability, so we are surprised that there are so many good players out there.

I also want to be good at this game, but I'll just progress naturally and don't rush it. It'll take a very long time indeed, but what's important is that we enjoy the game, right?
Old 2012-11-01, 21:11   Link #616
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Most likely a Japan thing IMO. Princess character archetype like Lili is quite popular there. Plus, it's a common thing that a friendly girls rivalry tend to be bent into yuri
but you're right ... regarding Lili in Queen's Gate I do not know if like me, you have seen all the cutscenes and it appears .... but it is clearly "Yuri" how it behaves with the other girls, and any other character in the game are not as Lili and its practically the only or we see this trend really is "Yuri"

Quote:
just Bi-sexual? so good to me I would just say "lesbian" good but yes maybe she is just Bi
Old 2012-11-05, 22:02   Link #617
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lili was drooling over Asuka in the TTT2 ending and likes Ganryu because of his father's bushy eyebrows. So technically she also has a father complex? lol

Also saw this on Tekken's FB page

Halloween costumes on the WiiU!

What the?! WiiU version is getting too much love. >

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1972977&type=1
Old 2012-11-06, 00:27   Link #618
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Lili was drooling over Asuka in the TTT2 ending and likes Ganryu because of his father's bushy eyebrows. So technically she also has a father complex? lol
"Lili was drooling over Asuka in the TTT2 ending" I like how you've called

and "father complex?" YES probably hahaha
Old 2012-11-07, 09:59   Link #619
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Some people said those are the exclusive(?) content for the WiiU. The Tekken Tunes (and another thing that I forget) are exclusive to PS3 and 360. But I don't know where they get those info from...
If it's true then Tekken Ball might be WiiU only too

btw. seems like Harada is kinda fond of playing Neptune smartphone app http://p.twipple.jp/9x0zN
Old 2012-11-07, 18:41   Link #620
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I have a question for the mode "ghost" characters can have a grade "dan, 2 dan ect ect" is faster than Tekken 6 should also be acknowledged and that the power of a person who is example "Berserker" is stronger than "Master" ect ect? me after you say "yes of course" but frankly I do not see any difference or it's just me ...

Tags
fighting game