Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
When in doubt.

Google it.

~image snipped~
/me facepalms

I know what a Glaug looks like. What I'm trying to find out is where in the Macross Frontier OP does the Glaug appear? Or has there been a massive boo-boo, and there is in fact, no Glaug in the OP after all?

Cheers.
Old 2008-05-15, 12:02   Link #142
ReddyRedWolf

No Glaug just a Monster sorry.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:07   Link #143
Tabris

What time does Macross F air and on what channel?

I'm going to Japan next month and possibly being able to watch it when it's first aired would be nice
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 20:11   Link #144
4Tran

In Kantou, Macross Frontier airs at 25:55 Friday mornings on TBS.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:11   Link #145
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

wew I just curious did Zetrand Have Elven Ears? because some of the char have elven ears (michell). Is glaug was Zetrand Tank form SDF macross era? because it looks same for me
Old 2008-05-18, 21:22   Link #146
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
wew I just curious did Zetrand Have Elven Ears? because some of the char have elven ears (michell). Is glaug was Zetrand Tank form SDF macross era? because it looks same for me
Elven ears seem to be an additional feature to Zents since the original, and were a prominent physical feature in Macross 7.

As for the Glaug, are you saying it looks the same as the Monster? I hope not. The Glaug was a battle pod for commanders of Zent strike forces only, and the Zents do not use tanks.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 02:54   Link #147
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Anyone want to translate the official Sheryl Nome blog?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 02:16   Link #148
cerrian

Could some explain to me how the manga relates to the anime please. I was under the impression that MF was an original concept. Now I'm confused as to whether or not the manga is complete, sufficiently ahead of the anime, or is being released at roughly the same time as the anime.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 02:31   Link #149
SymphonicRain

I suspect the storyboards are far ahead(If not complete) than the animation that is currently following it. Afterall, the team has about four months of production before official airing since the preview was released.

So meanwhile, what is already done and set to stone in the storyboard are then made into manga probably to milk extra cash out of it. Afterall the production values of the anime is quite expensive.

So in short, the manga is used to milk the franchise with a slight differences in displaying a same scenario in comparison with the anime.

As far as I know, the manga is not complete but its further ahead than the anime counterpart (Episode ten by now anime wise I think). There's also another manga that is a side-story of Macross Frontier that solely focuses on Ranka.

Will Sheryl ever get her own manga?
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:04   Link #150
Westlo
Lets be reality

The manga has the same main plot points as the anime but with quite a few differences. Obviously the manga staff have been given the plot for the show up to a certain extent and are working based off that.

Some differences are that in Manga Chapter 2/Anime Episode 3 shelter scene Sheryl makes her speech about destiny and actually tries to open the lock but it's jammed. Than Alto and Ranka (obviously inspired by the speech) join in and open it up, there is no Grace to rescue them like in the anime. Also after Sheryl leaves Ranka gets a phonecall saying Ozma is injured while in the anime they see him pass over. No funeral/Aimo scene as Ozma accepts Alto to SMS in the hospital after he makes his destiny speech (inspired by Sheryl from the shelter).

The latest manga chapter was chapter 5 and that ended with SMS about to engage the Varja like at the very start of episode 7.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 07:52   Link #151
SymphonicRain

Quote:
The latest manga chapter was chapter 5 and that ended with SMS about to engage the Varja like at the very start of episode 7.
And I thought it reached episode 10 already since you guys were making brief mentionings of chp 10's summary somewhere in the forum. ^.^;
SymphonicRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 18:10   Link #152
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nope that was episode 10 of the anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 12:36   Link #153
Jimmy C

Has there been any official numbers on the size of Frontier's Islands?
The apex of Island One's dome is 2km. From that, I'd estimate the diameter to be around 10 at least, likely more.
And what about the secondary Islands? There's 10 or so each on two "legs", strung together like railway cars.
The whole structure could be over 100km from Island One's bow to the tail Island's stern. That's one massive mobile structure.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 13:34   Link #154
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Island One is 15km in Diameter, with a rough surface area of 30km, with an official capacity of 2.5 Million Colonist.

Total net area is unknown since Island One has numerous levels, but it's estimated to at leased exceed 60km of habitable space. If you forget about city planning.

Not so sure about the dimensions of the Secondary islands, but them and the ships of various function make up the other 2.5 Million colonist within the fleet.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:23   Link #155
Jimmy C

Thanks for the diameter. Using that and a pi of 3.142, Island One's surface area is 176km square per level. If I assume each Island has about 10x3km surface area and there are 20 of them, that adds another 600 km square surface area. That's a total of 776 km square in area. If that was a square, it would be more than 27 km on a side. And they can bury the industrial facilities on the lower levels, leaving the top ones for living space.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 06:57   Link #156
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

oh yea this is my ultimate question for this series. why became a bishonen arrgh noooo stop bishonen char
Old 2008-05-24, 07:09   Link #157
Dark Wing

Quote:
oh yea this is my ultimate question for this series. why became a bishonen arrgh noooo stop bishonen char
They can't because they attract fan girls...
Old 2008-05-24, 07:18   Link #158
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Then they couldn't call Alto hime then.

Macross - Hikaru, wimp at love, a country hick turned fighter pilot.

Macross Plus - Isamu, reckless and a bit too fast with women.

Macross 7- Basara, Doesn't think about girls, just listen to his damn song!

Macross Zero - Shinn, already a fighter pilot, falls for the older sister native girl, not pedo.

Macross Frontier - Alto, hot blooded, doesn't think of anything else but flying like Isamu, as reckless as Basara in a battlefield, he hasn't picked whether he likes the oneesama type or imouto type thinks its too much of a hassle like Basara, has the heroic saving the girl streak of Hikaru.

Oh yeah Alto happens to look like girl causing some girls with questionable preferences to like him.
Old 2008-05-24, 07:29   Link #159
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh yeah Alto happens to look like girl causing some girls with questionable preferences to like him.
Well this kinda explains a bit...
Old 2008-05-24, 07:38   Link #160
ReddyRedWolf

Ranka, Sheryl, Nanase...

I get yuri vibes from these girls.

If Sheryl is right Nanase likes Alto too. But Nanase likes Ranka also.

Ranka both likes Alto and Sheryl.

Sheryl was hitting on Ranka in the third ep, now she's bugging Alto.

Not your typical harem I must say.

Tags
q&a