AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 08:29   Link #2321
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmade View Post
Hmmm, that future meeting, huh?

Even if Mitsuhide was the mastermind, and after Yoshiharu has determined it is, and after he has steeled his heart and remove her from the stage of history, there will be someone else to incite the incident at hounouji.
Try retranslating pg 184 vol 8 first sentence.
When there are 1000 readers, I don't think there are going to be 1000 sides that can be picked to be viewed. And the readers are free to interpret what the authors wanted to convey.
While there are many techniques of translating (proverbs, metaphors, thesaurus, rearrangement of sentence structure etc), in the end it is just a translation.

Or may be there is a new vol 8? . Eh? May be I should reread the parts that you gave in this thread.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:44   Link #2322
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Looking forward when vol 10 becomes translated, looks very interesting especially after that spoiler. Could take a while to get there, but I have a lot of patience.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 03:43   Link #2323
tarmade

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Try retranslating pg 184 vol 8 first sentence.
When there are 1000 readers, I don't think there are going to be 1000 sides that can be picked to be viewed. And the readers are free to interpret what the authors wanted to convey.
While there are many techniques of translating (proverbs, metaphors, thesaurus, rearrangement of sentence structure etc), in the end it is just a translation.

Or may be there is a new vol 8? . Eh? May be I should reread the parts that you gave in this thread.
Not sure... but that's what i pick up from the chinese translations of the novel... Maybe it's different in the original raws?
tarmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 03:45   Link #2324
tarmade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Looking forward when vol 10 becomes translated, looks very interesting especially after that spoiler. Could take a while to get there, but I have a lot of patience.
Looking at the current progress, and how i need 2 months to translate one volume... i guess i need 1 year to reach there...
Old 2013-03-30, 04:31   Link #2325
rantaid

@tarmade.

that's still better than no translation at all. i root for you.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:15   Link #2326
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Ah!!!! I forgot all about it. Everyone please note that Sleepy has shut down the social group of Oda Nobuna no Yabou, if anyone wishes, I will be happy to make a new one where everyone is invited to join or if anyone like, you can create it yourself (but please allow any member to join).

Also volume 1 and volume 2 are completed with volume 3 undergoing translation.
Old 2013-03-30, 14:11   Link #2327
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

why shut it down??
Old 2013-03-30, 14:16   Link #2328
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
why shut it down??
Really don't know, I notice that it was not on my social group list and I went and found it, it said shut down. Ask Sleepy yourself. Well he said the group is dead and I can't even join. Here is the link to the former social group http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=802

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-03-30 at 14:31.
Old 2013-04-01, 01:00   Link #2329
justpassingby

From vol 10

Juubei's mother's condition is worsening, and Juubei hopes to get her mother to see her wedding with Saru. She said she won't rest a day, and she could obtain both Nobuna's dream and her mother's. Saru thinks to himself that he should not continue to lie to Juubei, and he could only choose one because he only has one soul. He thought that if he had met Juubei first, may be the choice will be different.

After the last vol 10 illustration of Nobuna kissing Saru, Juubei's loyalty to Nobuna and her admirations toward Saru are like being ripped off. She's at loss of words.

A certain scenario from a certain video game where Magoichi shot Nobunaga and forced Mitsuhide to carry on Nobunaga's dream is played in this volume. Except, it is not clear who pulled the trigger.

Oh God, do as you like to Nobuna and Saru, but please spare Juubei from sufferings.
And fuck you Saru, the name you inherit contained the name of the 2 women that you could love.

p.s This is from reading carefully, secretly, and fast in the office :P, so I'm going to read it again and write some more ....Hoo ah

pps the fact that Saru admitted that he shouldn't continue to lie, and that Juubei did stood a chance, really made me happy, but in the same time, 'worry', and 'can't wait' for the next volume.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-04-01 at 04:55.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 06:30   Link #2330
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post

p.s This is from reading carefully, secretly, and fast in the office :P, so I'm going to read it again and write some more ....Hoo ah
oh i cant wait thanks for posting that ^^
Old 2013-04-01, 10:48   Link #2331
rantaid

@justpassingby.

you write:

" the name you inherit
contained the name of the 2 women that
you could love."

who is it? is it kuroda YOSHItaka and takenaka shigeHARU ? or....

haSHIBA(ta) (naga)HIDEyoshi?

or akechi juubei mitsuhide and oda kazusanosuke nobunaga......

i don't get this. is it a play on their kanji?

you write:

" After the last vol 10 illustration of Nobuna
kissing Saru, Juubei's loyalty to Nobuna and
her admirations toward Saru are like being
ripped off. She's at loss of words."

poor girl... not knowing the meaning of netorare. and i thought that this is was supposed to be rape scene involved.... so... where is it, justpassingby?

you write :

" He thought that if he had met Juubei first,
may be the choice will be different."

well... this explains why the monkey could handle juubei very well even with the cold shoulders treatment, takoyaki fiasco and numerous cruel insult she gave to the monkey at very early part.

and she is indeed very cute. no qualm here.

and many thanks for showing us here.
Old 2013-04-01, 15:51   Link #2332
justpassingby

Hide and Yoshi (Kichi)

Fact: Akechi Mitsuhide hated Hashiba Hideyoshi because the later's humble origin of being the son of a farmer. Nene's dream in vol 4 is a symbolism to Hideyoshi's origin.
Legend: Both Mitsuhide and Hideyoshi met before they served the Oda Clan, when Mitsuhide caught Hideyoshi near the former's uncle house.

In the hot spring at the start of vol 10, Kanbei did a Tarot reading for Saru's love fate. He pulled the card "Empress" - the one that ruled the Earth and other Realms, good signs for "Marriage", "Pregnancy" and "Child Birth", but the way Yoshiharu pulled the card, it could also meant the opposites of what were good about the card. And I here I thought the word "Motherhood" is the first that should come to mind.

It would be lame if a Nokia 3310 saves Nobuna again, or Saru sacrifices himself. May be the author can end the book in the next volume by sacrificing Juubei ("marriaga cancellation" can be related to her), and with the finale of "Let's conquer the world in the name of those who gave their life"

Can save my money and spare me the anxiety of waiting if the book ends early :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-04-01 at 18:11.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 16:06   Link #2333
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I do feel for Akechi, I felt that she had a chance. It been a while since I saw a long triangle element. It feels strange though, the two woman that fell in love with Sagara both made horrible impressions on the first meeting with Sagara.

Still concerning about the social group, I will be happy to create one if anyone wishes. Albeit in a different name the social group is still recognized despite being dead. I also think I will need the permission of the moderators as well beforehand.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-04-01 at 16:24.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:17   Link #2334
rantaid

@justpassingby

so another reading of his name instead of Hashiba?

that legend where kinoshita and akechi mitsuhide you speak of.... is not that based on Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko? when Kinoshita who sells needle were forced to spy on Saitou Dousan because of Hachisuka Hikoemon's insistence....

Tarot... i never liked foreshadowing based on superstition and foretelling.

empress symbolizes nobuna while motherhood symbolize juubei due to her filial piety and her whole hearted feelimg she poured to him during that cave action. man... that just lame. why did not the author just make a good foreshadowing like when the monkey told the dejected juubei to remember the burning scenery of kiyomizu dera and nobuna's gallant figure whenever she felt down? (until the honnouji.....)

and then ... Kampaku Hideyoshi's fleet were destroyed by the joint forces of Ming and Joseon under Marshall Yi's turtle ships armada..... This is what happened when they never experienced anything like Chibi, Feishui and Nanjing campaign between Zhu Yuanshang and Chen Youliang.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:36   Link #2335
justpassingby

Yoshikawa-sensei's Taiko itself was a mixed of facts and fiction you dummy :P.

Have you ever heard about Mitsuhide's son, Akechi Goemon, that tried to kill Hideyoshi after the Kanpaku killed Goemon's father? And that Kabuki theaters implied Goemon had supernatural abilities? It's legend.

Like Yoshiharu implied in vol 8: Winners will write the history.
All evil things that are shown in media about Mitsuhide are based on what Frois wrote, and scholars had doubts about the bias writings because Frois was a friend to Nobunaga.
Likewise, the bad things about Nobunaga were probably wrote by those who hated the 'Demon Lord'.

And Leader of Earth and other worlds eh? Can't stop me from relating Tenkai (Mitsuhide) to the card (Heaven and Sea).
Old 2013-04-01, 21:16   Link #2336
rantaid

yeah ... like luo guanzhong's sanguo yanyi and eiji yoshikawa's uesugi kenshin.

only know of that kabuki. i am more inclined to beijing's opera . and this is the funniest part; i don't understand one word they spoke of.

well... see nobunaga's choice of retainer. not a single noble arristocracy background. history written by winner and who says that the last emperor of every dynasty is a blundering wastefull fool? di xin was known as strong and shrewd leader, how could he remembered by historian as the famed cruel tyrant, king zhou of shang

how could juubei be tenkai?

and i am still waiting for the rape.....
Old 2013-04-01, 22:38   Link #2337
kazzuya13

Maybe in the next volume will be the Hounoji event or the next 2 volumes.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:38   Link #2338
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hounoji event.... so finally happen on this novel...
i always wondered about that incident i mean event if this novel would include that event...
what will happen in the next volume? will Mitsuhide kill nobuna or new choice....?
Old 2013-04-02, 09:33   Link #2339
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Hounoji event.... so finally happen on this novel...
i always wondered about that incident i mean event if this novel would include that event...
what will happen in the next volume? will Mitsuhide kill nobuna or new choice....?
More likely Juubei will kidnap Saru instead.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:43   Link #2340
tarmade

well, i dun see much chances of Juubei ever getting together with Yoshiharu...

-Of all the animes/manga/novels we read, has there ever been a 3rd party winning the MC at the end? I at least know of none... Aquarion evol for example... the face of zessica at the end is juz tragic...

-Let's be serious here, Nobuna loves Yoshiharu, and likewise for Yoshiharu to Nobuna. Is there any chance for Yoshiharu to turn his gaze on Juubei? No chance... It's just like Love Hina all over again, Keitaro has never never seriously considered on dumping Naru and getting it on with Motoko.

So what will be the ending?

These is wat i think it will be-

Yoshiharu and Nobuna get together, Yoshiharu stays in the past. Juubei wish them all the best with a sad face. ~Aquarion Evol, Love Hina and Full Metal Panic~

Yoshiharu did not have the chance to get together with any of the 2 girls and time slip back to the future, goes to a school when he found Nobuna to be the seitokaicho and there we go all over again... <--- This being my personal favourite...

Yoshiharu somehow is able to have both of them <--- Impossible... It's not like this is a H-game.

Nobuna dies <--- well, that suxs... and if it's by Juubei's hand, it will become a question whether Yoshiharu will kill Juubei, let alone fall for her. And if it's not by Juubei, den let's juz say Yoshiharu will time slip back to the future. Refer to pt 2 for the rest.

Juubei dies <--- If she dies for Nobuna, Yoshiharu and Nobuna will juz remember her for the rest of their lifetime. Sad for Juubei fans though. If she dies for Yoshiharu, either the same or we gonna "school days" all over again and den blablabla (Refer to pt 2)

Yoshiharu wakes up in bed. it has all been a dream... To please readers, he go to his school and (Refer to pt 2)

Last edited by tarmade; 2013-04-03 at 16:19.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem