Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-17, 16:36   Link #121
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemeral
umm... maybe this isn't the right place to ask about this... if it isn't then i'm very sorry. i was just wondering is episode 1 the only one which was translated and subbed? i mean, there are already 4 realesed in raws and they're quite old, have all the translating groups dropped this project? ._. everyone talks about the next episodes, do you watch them in japanese? ._.
well, it's not a licensed show yet, so it's okay to ask about it, i think... so far, AnY was the only group to sub any of it and they subbed only the preview ep of episode 01 (which is something that WOWWOW, the ppv network that airs Chevalier, likes to do with a lot of their series).... if you check AnY's forums, you'll see that they claim to be working on the show still, but I'll believe that when I see them release another episode... Shinsen Subs is considering picking up this show since Blood+ is ending and several of their other current series are only 12 eps... plus it's kind of their type of show... gothic horror with crossdressing and spirit possesion... what's not to love? SO>>>>> that means that, yes we are watching the show in Japanese and then I and to a lesser extent Aniki Meiski will then post summaries of the show and screencaps... like right now I'm going to go eat lunch and watch episode 05 (in a ginormous file that will hurt my computers's poor little brain)... then I will summarize and post caps... You can also check out the wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Chevalier_D%27Eon) which tells you about the characters and has a brief summary of the episodes... other than that,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I got that impression too, with a narrow sword like that, you can probably go between the ribs without getting stuck after. Do massive bleeding on vital organs.

About D'Eon sword. The design looks really fancy, very different from the other knights. ^^ And he embeded his sister cross. ^^;; Is that his family heirloom? He seems came from a noble family. Or is it just a knight standard?
Spoiler:

EDIT
here are some screencaps... with help from Aniki Meiski (domo)
Spoiler:

Last edited by lommm; 2006-09-24 at 05:02.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 08:53   Link #122
ephemeral

thank you very much for your reply. i really hope shinsen subs is going to sub this show, because they're my favourite subbing group.
thanks again ^_^
ephemeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 16:05   Link #123
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Teillagory is a dirty old man...
Spoiler:

and while I'm at it:

EDIT

there is news from Anime Yuki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa-totem
AnimeYuki Editing/Quality Check
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:59 am

Sheesh, patience, peeps, patience!!

It is in QC already

Last edited by lommm; 2006-09-24 at 05:03.
Old 2006-09-19, 01:16   Link #124
Malyn

I do hope Shinsen won't take this series. Why? Maybe because they already some, sorry a lot, no plenty of other projects to finish.

Even though a lot of people consider them as the best group, they take IMO far too many series. They manage for the first 6 Eps to follow then it is over. Oh sorry for Blood+ they are up to date and still one to go.

So far no series should end quickly but they plan on taking new one.

Go Anime-Yuki, GO
Malyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 10:18   Link #125
wao
OK.

Watched ep 5... althoguh this and last episode were given to other studios to do you can still see they are putting in effort.

I really want to thank lommm soooo much though, for his great summaries. I think I shall just admit my Japanese fails quite drastically (and it helps that the raw I watched somehow sounded muted even at max volume on everything... or maybe it's my ears :S)

But somehow I can't say anything interesting about things going on... It's just... okay, stuff happened. Then again this is 24 episodes, I guess there's a long way to go...

Interestingly, episode 7 and 8 will be scripted by Hiroaki Jinno who was (I think?) the main scriptwriter for Windy Tales and was recommended/praised by Oshii.
Old 2006-09-19, 12:26   Link #126
Aniki Meiski

Spoiler:

Last edited by Aniki Meiski; 2006-09-20 at 08:42.
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 19:35   Link #127
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki Meiski
Next week D'Eon will try out his sister's dress.
I CANNOT WAIT!!

=also, Easter Party..... I think I didn't know the word(s) for Easter so I was just assuming he called them there because he's got an agenda and an ego.... i get it now....

and Jo? he's Jin from Innocent Venus, right?? either way, that is one cool seiyu! he's up there with Shinichiro Miki for guys who always sound cool
Old 2006-09-20, 06:56   Link #128
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Er... Are you all watching the raws ?
Anymays, do you no if there are teams who are translating the manga ? I saw few several scans on the official website and it semmed much more "gothic fantasy" than the anime. I did take a look on manganews but I so nobody on it (they didn't even add the manga in their lists ^^')

Thanks
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 08:37   Link #129
Aniki Meiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
I CANNOT WAIT!!

=also, Easter Party..... I think I didn't know the word(s) for Easter so I was just assuming he called them there because he's got an agenda and an ego.... i get it now....

and Jo? he's Jin from Innocent Venus, right?? either way, that is one cool seiyu! he's up there with Shinichiro Miki for guys who always sound cool
I made a mistake. I mean Jin, the one who talks not Jo.
Those are plain easter eggs, not Farbergé. Farbergé was not even born then.

Quote:
Er... Are you all watching the raws ?
Anymays, do you no if there are teams who are translating the manga ? I saw few several scans on the official website and it semmed much more "gothic fantasy" than the anime. I did take a look on manganews but I so nobody on it (they didn't even add the manga in their lists ^^')
I am not aware of any translation, official or clandestine. So everything is in Japanese with occasional decorative French.
Old 2006-09-21, 12:42   Link #130
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemeral
thank you very much for your reply. i really hope shinsen subs is going to sub this show, because they're my favourite subbing group.
thanks again ^_^
And my computer would so love to play a .avi version.

Yes, I have CCCP and Media Player Classic. But, my computer loves .avi the best. Those .mkv versions are quite nice to watch though.
Old 2006-09-21, 14:29   Link #131
lommm
l'homme de lommm

well, just so everyone knows, AnY put out their sub of episode 2.

it's available in xvid .avi and h264 .mkv

both look nice

so go download and discuss!
Old 2006-09-21, 21:29   Link #132
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, I've finally managed to watch all 5 episodes of this most excellent and well put together series. I am pretty sure you all know how good it is, so I'll dispence with the praise and share a few thoughts I had regarding the series.

First of all, the thing that interested me is how they are working around historical events, while never trying to break continuity.

As far as I understand, this is what they are doing...

Spoiler:

And, by the way, this might be a coincidence, but Voronzoff... or rather Vorontsov (which is a correct spelling) is a name of a very famous Russian noble family. I am not sure, though, if our man is one of those Vorontsovs.

I like this image of Lia a lot...

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-09-21 at 21:39.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 04:15   Link #133
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I like this image of Lia a lot...

Any more good images of this series? I need desktop wallpapers of Lia/D'Eon. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 06:01   Link #134
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While Chevalier has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Chevalier downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Chevalier fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Chevalier.
  • Asking for playback help for Chevalier episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 09:46   Link #135
Aniki Meiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
And, by the way, this might be a coincidence, but Voronzoff... or rather Vorontsov (which is a correct spelling) is a name of a very famous Russian noble family. I am not sure, though, if our man is one of those Vorontsovs.
Voronzoff is old fashion spelling of Vorontsov.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail...vich_Vorontsov

Well Caron is named after Beaumarchais, but the character has hardly anything to do with the historical figure.
Old 2006-09-22, 14:08   Link #136
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i'm glad you found this show, MrProphet! one more person to help with the summaries and discussions of the new eps!

ep06 look cool: it has a large ball! lots of dresses and tons of dancers! there are so many "extras" on this show!
Old 2006-09-24, 02:20   Link #137
wao
OK.

Wow. Episode 6 was great. I don't know if everyone else feels this way but the production was great and the direction was solid. This time even I felt engaged and followed through with interest (zmog, I'm rewatching the show and looking up the terms!). I think it was a great example of using a good animation budget *effectively* - of using acting to bring the show across.

Personally I think that last scene with Anna and D'Eon is one of the best
Spoiler:
I have seen in TV anime. I admit to feeling a lump in my throat... god, I could just watch it again and again. The voice acting was great, too!

The events also tied up nicely,
Spoiler:

Other parts I liked were when Telliagory was visiting the grave (not the close-up shots), and the dance at teh beginning. And that talking skull is really cool and scary at the same time. How much does it know?

Although I was quite disappointed with the dance music in the beginning...

OK, now everyone can go back to talking about the important stuff...

Last edited by wao; 2006-09-24 at 02:30.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 02:38   Link #138
sontoloyo

Does anyone can tell me/speculate who's the blond man using magic in the op clip is, is he an ally or an enemy, as far as i know he's not appeared yet??
sontoloyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 02:57   Link #139
wao
OK.

You're probably talking about Robespierre, right... I think he's not among the allies. He's appeared briefly, but I don't remember in which ep. Maybe 5.
Old 2006-09-24, 04:43   Link #140
lommm
l'homme de lommm

haven't watched ep 06 yet... it may be a couple of days before i do a summary... i've been pretty busy... i will try to at least put screencaps tomorrow...

EDIT: watched it...
Spoiler:

ZOMG!
Spoiler:

@sontoloyo: that is Robespierre you are asking about. he is most definitely one of the two main villains. we only saw him briefly in one scene at the end of episode 5. but D'Eon will be meeting up with him soon...

i believe this is what you're talking about:
ROBESPIERRE FROM OP
he and the guy before him are the two magic using villains (there's a couple of others, but they seem to be at the top)

Last edited by lommm; 2006-09-24 at 05:26.

Tags
historical, supernatural