AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-03, 08:58   Link #81
xaisen

i'll listen to anything as long as they don't scream, shout or talk to a tune
mainly bhangra (punjabi music) but also into super eurobeat, japanese and catchy songs like fool n final - yeh dooriyaan i love that song
xaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 09:04   Link #82
Thingey
Banned

Who here [besides me] listens to Techno (ie Ministry Of Sound)
Thingey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 02:08   Link #83
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
I mostly listen to punk music, I love it and have for a while.

The speed pumps me up and makes me go crazy lol.
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 03:09   Link #84
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Many Kinds. My favorites are Progressive Rock (Rush), Progressive Metal (Queensryche, Pagan's Mind, Dream Theater, Dragon Force), and other various forms of rock/metal.

Ever since I picked up the Initial D 4th Stage Sound Track, i have developed a taste for Euro-beat/Dance. That crap gets you pumped for for the track and it's great for just drivin. I've also have formed an interest in Jpop and Jrock. I have a load of anime theme singles and I listen to more than just the themes. I listen to other songs with them too. I really do like abingdon boys school and Kosaka Riyu now along with a few others.

Despite being born and raised in Tennessee (by parents and grandparents who too were born and raised in TN), I hate and I mean I HATE with a passion, Country Music. I just hate it. Annoying, stereotypical, "hey I'm a redneck and I'm gonna sing about it" country. BUT, I love Bluegrass. Go figure. Many think my country accent does not suit me at all since I'm a Honda drvin, computer nerd that listens to metal all the time.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 15:13   Link #85
Atheuz

The music I listen to is really spread out depending on my mood. I absolutely adore Tool and A Perfect Circle because of the lead singers voice and amazing lyrics, one of them being Progressive Rock/Metal and the other being Alternative Rock. This may leave the impression that I solely listen to this kind of music, however that couldn't be more wrong - I also listen to Trance and Techno and I also maintain a healthy relationship with Hardcore bands, I even listen to a few Emo bands and Christian Emo bands(which might sound bizarre as I avoid Christianity and won't have any part of it). I also listen to several Heavy Metal, Death Metal and Progressive Metal bands such as Opeth, As I Lay Dying(though might be defined as Christian Metalcore?), Behemoth, The Berzerker(Grind Metal?) or Blood Bath. I'm not done yet, I also listen to several Electronica artists like Aphex Twin, Cex, Capitol K or Bichi - Although some would call that IDM...

Let's just say I like to keep it spread depending on my mood ;P
Atheuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:08   Link #86
Simplex
And I'm feeling good

I mainly listen to various forms of Rock. I don't like Metal or Emo, so those I stay away from. I listen to Trip-Hop, Electronica, and Classical as well.

Some of the bands I like are:

the pillows
Pixies
Muse
Cake
Radiohead
Portishead
Aphex Twin
Stereolab
Modest Mouse
Built to Spill

So you get a rough idea of what I listen to.
Simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 08:13   Link #87
reisan

Metal and some jrock of course
reisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 09:51   Link #88
DarkBlood
コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ

Well for me it is Metal, the more raw versions of metal like Bloodbath(swedish one) and Putrid Pile.
Though I also listen to metal with harsh vocals and such like Kalmah, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Skyfire and many more.
DarkBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 12:48   Link #89
GutZ

Good hiphop/rap music!

Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Public Enemy
MF Doom
Dead Prez
Blackalicious
etc
GutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 13:54   Link #90
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

I listen to Jrock/Jpop and anime/game OSTs for the most part. Lately I've been listening to more American music due to getting an electric guitar and not finding any good tabs for Jrock bands.

Bands I like:

Rock:

Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Ellegarden
L'arc en Ciel
Janne de Arc (a few songs only)
The Back Horn
Green Day (4-5 songs)
Dragonforce

Other:

Maaya Sakamoto
Yoko Kanno's work is very nice as well.
Shimokawa Mikuni (FMP openings ftw!)
OCRemixes (Chrono Trigger/Cross ones are nice)
Lee Kyung Won (Not really an artist per se, but he does damn nice guitar covers)
Old 2007-08-06, 14:20   Link #91
Anime_Manga_Freak
Bun-kun

I listen to all kinds but mostly rock i guess
Anime_Manga_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 14:30   Link #92
Rice3
Hurr

Send a message via MSN to Rice3
i dunno, everystyle is fine for me

though i have a slight hate for jazz
Rice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:44   Link #93
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Currently, the songs I'm reloading:

Arctic Monkeys - Do Me A Favour
Yves La Rock - Rise Up
Snow Patrol - Signal Fire
Travis - Closer
Ghetto - Top 3 Selected
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:50   Link #94
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love

Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
Uh, I guess mostly rock. I call it mellow rock. Hehe, but I'm not familiar with terms to music. Or singers...or groups..and it's been this way forever. But I'm not interested in learning such things.
I listen to some Japanese music, mostly Gackt, and myco.(Changin' My Life) I like Gackt's "Last Song", and myco's "Eternal Snow" and "Smile".(I'm not sure if I should be calling her myco. But that's how I know her by.)
I like Nickelback, Hinder, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Within Temptation...uh...I can't remember if there's more. Usually helps me with my writing.
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 18:28   Link #95
Midorii
Airborne Ranger

Lately i'm listening a lot of classic rock, but i like all kinds of music.
Midorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 20:04   Link #96
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Necroposting time!

Quite a long time has passed since my post in this thread was made, and as such I've been delving in a lot of different stuff. I've been brushing up my jazz collection, I've discovered the awesomeness of Dave Matthews and his band, and (the main drive behind this post) I've been getting more and more into metal. I once posted here that I disliked the heavier and darker versions of metal--well, now I've been listening a lot to different "darker" metal bands, and I'm certainly enjoying it a lot. Save for black metal (whose shrieks and overall disjointed melodies I can't seem to stand for now) I've been listening to a heavy dose of death, doom and goth metal, plus some improvement on my repertoire of power, speed and classic metal.

I don't know exactly what's the reason behind the sudden interest I garnered in this musical genre, but I'm certainly having a good time listening to things I never thought of in the past.

The other purpose of this necropost is to see what do the newcomers to AS think and, well, if any of the traditional members have been experimenting with other things, new for them.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 20:37   Link #97
sa547
*Author

I'm putting in my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutZ View Post
Good hiphop/rap music!

Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Public Enemy
MF Doom
Dead Prez
Blackalicious
etc
Superb choices. You should also get GZA's Liquid Swords -- it's a real gem. I especially liked his pick of kung-fu movie dialogue samples.

Me? I listen to most types of music, a bit of pop, a selection of bling-free hip-hop, a truckload of movie score/sound tracks (to get a good imagination when beginning to write fanfics), classical, only one Utada, and all subtypes of rock music.

Sometimes when I need to go aggressive or in fight mode, it's either Hatebreed, SOAD, or a full load of punk music.
Old 2008-06-18, 22:41   Link #98
ZeRoGravity

Just recently gotten into classical music. Got interested thanks to Nodame and one of my friend is studying music so I ask suggestion from him. Now I always listen to my local classical radio station when I drive and when I'm on my pc.

Other music I listen to are Japanese mainly anime related but, I listen to other Japanese music but have no preference, just whatever sound good to me, HK Pop and some English.
Old 2008-06-19, 05:23   Link #99
otakufamgurl
Otaku-Newbie

i often listen to RNB music..
cause im liking Rhianna and Chris Brown right now,, ^_^
otakufamgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 17:35   Link #100
nanafan
horo fan

hmmm, i listen to many types of music, so i can't possibly post all that i like, but i will try.
recently i have been listening to indie/alternative rock like rilo kiley( i think they are a new obsession), some country mostly johnny cash, rock beatles, john lennon, feist...
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote