AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 13:04   Link #2321
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Thanks a lot dood!
Spoiler for Carissa:
No, don't worry she still is fine.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:18   Link #2322
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe Part of him wanted to attain Level 6. As we saw it, even as a child he was always attacked by people. By attending Level 6, he hoped that nobody would even consider attacking him anymore. He's just tired of it.
What's interesting is that he was attacked regularly after he was defeated and the experiment was canceled. So I guess that people didn't want to challenge him before because they thought that he was no.1 But now when he lost, many people suddenly thought that he was weak. Wasn't this experiment supposed to be a secret? Who spread the news that Accel was defeated by Touma?

By the way, I think that those researchers were giving up too easily. Accel was defeated by street fight? That didn't make sense at all based on his ability. They should analyze the result and they should realize that it was really irrelevant. If anything they should arrange Accel to fight Touma again.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:29   Link #2323
Ashaman

they proably would have, but with Tree Diagram out of the picture, it would be impossible to interprit the data. Plus, from what I hear

Spoiler for :

Just because the Experiment itself was secret, the fact that Accel lost to a Level 0 was not. Rumors have a way of spreading around.

and about them suddenly beginning to attack him, I see it like this:

People regularly attacl him and he defeats them, but when the news that he lost, and may not be the stongest spread, all those people that were too scared to fight him before got a confidence boost and decided to give it a go.

And why wasn't Touma targeted? He may have been. Infact, unless I heard wrong, he went on the beach holiday in Vol 4 to gat away and let the situation calm down because of this. Plus, the fact that he was the one to defeat Accel prob isn't common knowledge, just that it was a Level 0.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:32   Link #2324
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Do you guys think Rikou will get better and somehow able to use her ability (upgraded one too, I think) again?

The focus on Hazamura and Rikou might have some reasons isn't it?
Maybe, Hamazure got a notable protagonic roles since Vol.15, wherever he is sure will go against Aleister's plots enough to make him(have headeaches, rage, orz. wtf!, etc, etc) send his main assault forces just to rid him off. If only he would have arrived in time, maybe Frenda will be alive As users like Cubijack said Hamazura is anti-Aleister Deus ex machina. Aleister isn't used to be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Wasn't this experiment supposed to be a secret? Who spread the news that Accel was defeated by Touma?
No, they don't know that Touma defeated him , they just knows Accelerator was defeated by a Level 0 and has become bland.

Quote:
By the way, I think that those researchers were giving up too easily. Accel was defeated by street fight? That didn't make sense at all based on his ability. They should analyze the result and they should realize that it was really irrelevant. If anything they should arrange Accel to fight Touma again.
Just a name: Aleister Crowley. He dominates the Board of Directors.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:34   Link #2325
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, don't worry she still is fine.
Well, since Touma was the cause of her defeat, I hope she'll turn into yandere for Touma like Mugino did with Hamazura. That'd make all tsun- kuu- and yandere assembly. :P
Old 2010-03-19, 13:39   Link #2326
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, since Touma was the cause of her defeat, I hope she'll turn into yandere for Touma like Mugino did with Hamazura. That'd make all tsun- kuu- and yandere assembly. :P
Well, far I know she still is cool as ever in France.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:08   Link #2327
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
The Italian name would be "Lidia". Then again, i don't think the author cared to give her an actual Italian name, just something that sounded like a mix of Italian and Latin(i'm not sure Lidvia is Latin either)

Anyeze, Angelen and Luccia(there's a C too much here...) aren't exactly Italian names either...
Author probably wanted a mix or something along the lines of Latin/Italian/Japanese or so. Unless the author's intentions are known...it's probably best to have what the jp wiki/atwiki has or what's written.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:13   Link #2328
zato_1one

It was not related with Tree Diagram. It didn't need such high technology to realize that to defeat Accel by merely street fight was practically should be impossible. IMO As a good scientists, they shouldn't immediately take the result that irrelevant and didn't make sense as a fact. And it was from only one test too. Something must be wrong if it happened. My point is that they should re-test again just to make sure that Accel was really weaker than Touma. Yeah, except that the experiment was intervened by someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Just because the Experiment itself was secret, the fact that Accel lost to a Level 0 was not. Rumors have a way of spreading around.
That's the point. Who started the rumor "if" people who knew about it were just Misaka, Touma, the sisters and those scientists.

Quote:
No, they don't know that Touma defeated him , they just knows Accelerator was defeated by a Level 0 and has become bland.
Why not? The sisters didn't tell them or they didn't ask the sisters? I think that the sisters were programmed to be totally obedient. So they should answer if they were asked. Well, may be Misaka told them to lie about it. I'm not sure if they were programmed to not lie. I still think that they could check it by analyzing the data in her brain. But without Tree Diagram, it looked like they couldn't do anything.

Quote:
Just a name: Aleister Crowley. He dominates the Board of Directors.
Does it mean that he doesn't support the experiment? If so then does it also mean that the experiment would get canceled without the intervening from Misaka and Touma?
Old 2010-03-19, 14:18   Link #2329
Miraluka
Banned

[QUOTE=zato_1one;2964069]It was not related with Tree Diagram. It didn't need such high technology to realize that to defeat Accel by merely street fight was practically should be impossible. IMO As a good scientists, they shouldn't immediately take the result that irrelevant and didn't make sense as a fact. And it was from only one test too. Something must be wrong if it happened. My point is that they should re-test again just to make sure that Accel was really weaker than Touma. Yeah, except that the experiment was intervened by someone else.

Quote:
hat's the point. Who started the rumor "if" people who knew about it were just Misaka, Touma, the sisters and those scientists.
People like those thugs doesn't know about the project just the part of Accelerator being beaten.

Quote:
Why not? The sisters didn't tell them or they didn't ask the sisters? I think that the sisters were programmed to be totally obedient. So they should answer if they were asked. Well, may be Misaka told them to lie about it. I'm not sure if they were programmed to not lie. I still think that they could check it by analyzing the data in her brain. But without Tree Diagram, it looked like they couldn't do anything.
After that, the sisters revealed against the scientist and then they got send around the world to gif their bodies.

Quote:
Does it mean that he doesn't support the experiment? If so then does it also mean that the experiment would get canceled without the intervening from Touma?
Fixed, the plan of Aleister was Touma beats Accelerator, project gets canceled, spread the sisters around the world. Somehow althought Aleister doesn't show himself in public, his orders are absolute. The project is just a facade for a bigger plan.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:28   Link #2330
zato_1one

Quote:
People like those thugs doesn't know about the project just the part of Accelerator being beaten.
I don't mean that those thugs knew about the experiment. It's just that Accel stated that he was attacked more often after he was defeated. So I think that the one who started the rumor should be one of those who knew about the experiment. But yeah, it could be someone who accidentally came to the scene on that fight.

Quote:
After that, the sisters revealed against the scientist and then they got send around the world to gif their bodies.
So the sisters only revealed that Accel was defeated by level 0. But they didn't tell them who, right?
Old 2010-03-19, 14:38   Link #2331
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I don't mean that those thugs knew about the experiment. It's just that Accel stated that he was attacked more often after he was defeated. So I think that the one who started the rumor should be one of those who knew about the experiment. But yeah, it could be someone who accidentally came to the scene on that fight.

So the sisters only revealed that Accel was defeated by level 0. But they didn't tell them who, right?
After learing the "value of Misaka", they don't have the obligation to do so.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:48   Link #2332
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

If i remember correctly the sisters are forced to keep it a secret through last order. Remember their responses to Touma and Mikoto when they questioned them about the experiment? Rumour was probably from someone else from the inside, like a researcher. There was already one radical in the research teams before it ended.
Old 2010-03-19, 15:50   Link #2333
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I think it was Aleister who order someone to spread the rumor.
Old 2010-03-19, 17:15   Link #2334
zero_nmc

the_ping are awsome

volume 9, chapter 2 15%
Old 2010-03-19, 18:42   Link #2335
tsunade666

Its more like Aleister itself order to stop it without knowing the reason but since the director said that its to be stop then those scientist just stop it but still some are obsessed with the word level 6 so some might create their own research about it but still the whole level 6 thing is just a plot created by Aleister itself and who knows if level 6 is even possible. The only one close enough to be called level 6 is Accel to begin with
Old 2010-03-19, 20:25   Link #2336
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Haven't checked jp.wikipedia, but I have checked atwiki and no cigar. Her name is simply placed in katakana.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-19, 21:46   Link #2337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All the Level 6 experiments are weird anyway and probably wouldn't succeed.

In the first place, to achieve SYSTEM means an Esper has to be able to comprehend the will/sense/workings of Heaven, or God. In terms of physics, that's like figuring out the Theory of Everything. I don't think killing 20000 girls, or eating Esper essence (eww) is going to get you anywhere.

That's why Accelerator was chosen, because of that wonderful brain of his, he represent the best chance of 'figuring' it out. I don't know how reliable this is, but the Wikia states that:

Quote:
Actually, Aleister wants to make Accelerator into a Level 6 merging the Imaginary Number Distric with Accelerator and making him to evolve. According to him, the process is proceeding satisfactorily.
Old 2010-03-19, 21:47   Link #2338
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Spoiler for LOL:

... I... I had no idea... so that means outside his harem there are still other girls who want him?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-19, 22:29   Link #2339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

CHapter 8 of Volume 13 is completed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

―Imaginary School District - Five Layer System, commencing partial expansion.
―Applicable coordinate, approximate center of Seventh School District, Gakuen Toshi.
―Overwriting additional modules to base theoretical model [Kazakiri Hyouka].
―Internal, external transformation of theoretical model confirmed.
―Controller and superior of the Sisters [Last Order] confirms the additional imperatives (code).
―Results of enforced operation of the Misaka Network — Successful artificial directional guidance of all AIM diffusion fields of Gakuen Toshi.
―First stage complete.
―Changes to physical laws confirmed.
―[Fuse=KAZAKIRI] manifesting at Gakuen Toshi.
―To all concerned, please prepare for unexpected shocks.
Old 2010-03-19, 23:36   Link #2340
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_nmc View Post
the_ping are awsome

volume 9, chapter 2 15%
Yep, He's awesome! xD! Works hard to give good translation for us who don't know how to read Japanese.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen