AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-26, 13:09   Link #261
Akka

"Does Sousuke likes Kaname ?"

Sincerely, I don't understand how it's even possible to ask. And I'm boggled to see that not only it's asked, but some persons actually debate about it to be true or not

I mean, it's pretty much a given from the get-go. Kaname has a thing for Sousuke since the very FIRST episode in FMP!, and Sousuke obviously has one for Kaname since the second. They are already in love by episode six, and deathly in love in TSR.

Of course, Kaname being Kaname, Sousuke being Sousuke, and the usual sadism of the authors being what it is, their problem is to admit/realize it (Sousuke probably don't even UNDERSTAND that what he's feeling is "love", and Kaname is too proud/innerly shy to openly say it), and I guess we can expect them to dance around the point for one year before daring even a kiss - that's part of the romantic aspect after all.
But there is really not a single shadow of a doubt that each has deep feeling for the other.

Not only it's hinted (and by "hinted", I mean the "elephant-sized boulder that crash on your head as a way of a hint") constantly each time they are together, but it's also the major plot point a good deal of the time (many episodes of FMP, a good half of Fumoffu, and a good third of TSR are ONLY about that).

Let's be honest, the WHOLE serie is basically a romance between them interlaced with a (very interesting) political/undercover/military background. The entire point of the show is Sousuke + Kaname.
Someone who can even wonder IF they are in love, is just being a "real life Sousuke" when it comes to decipher the clues, honestly, and proving that sometimes, reality can outperform fiction
Old 2008-12-27, 01:54   Link #262
Scarlett_Rain55

People actually think they aren't in love? Even though I dislike the couple, it's pretty damn obvious they were meant to be. Even though I don't enjoy them together. The only good scene they had is when she was cutting his hair, that was heartbreaking. Everything else is just your average tsundere x hero couple you always see, who understand each other the best while all the nice, innocent, people get their hearts broken just for them to be together, and then towards the end they realize their undying love for each other. I don't know if I like Sousuke with Tessa either, they share some cutesy scenes, but I think Tessa deserves better imo.
Old 2008-12-27, 05:12   Link #263
Akka

Ah, come on. Sure, Kaname is a bit tsundere, but, well, she's some reasons to be (I mean, she's the one who have to deal with all the troubles Sousuke is causing), and second, she's more about being "fierce" than just "brutal". She's spending half her time being actually nice to the guy, and enjoying his company.

They are the cutest couple in the history of anime !
Old 2008-12-28, 05:22   Link #264
Janifuu
緩和

I think its incredibly cliche and generalizing when people refer to Kaname as "the typical tsundere." She sure as hell aint typical to me, and she sure as hell doesn't come across as a mere "tsundere." You need to learn to look beyond the mere "tsudere" generalization. I find it demeaning and sad to see that its apparently a problem when a female is known to be strong and independent. If by now people cannot see the incredible depth and persona that Kaname carries then that is perhaps why they would even debate this pairing to begin with. It should be without even a second thought as to whether or not Sousuke and Kaname love one another, because it certainly doesn't take much paying attention to see that. That is unless you are in denial ^^ Which, unfortunately, is usually the case with alot of the Sousuke and Tessa supporters. Not to sound biased, but from what I have noticed, its certainly not far from the truth.
Old 2008-12-29, 12:42   Link #265
Scarlett_Rain55

What Sousuke X Tessa shippers do you speak of? There seems to be none, and I can understand cause Kaname X Sousuke is shoved down our throats every episode. The anime does a fine job in making sure they don't get any interaction, that Sousuke and Kaname are always together, and that Kaname has to be involved with Sousuke no matter what, making Sousuke X Tessa a sunken ship. I never even said I denied they weren't in love, just that I don't like them together. But I can see why others do.

Blah, I think the love triangle in this show is unfair anyway. They cater to one and ignore the other completely. Add to that they don't even give Tessa a rebound guy. But I guess she doesn't need a man like Kaname to be strong and independent. Hmmm maybe I'm bitter since Tessa X Sousuke fans don't get much goodies, but after watching the show again I honestly don't care if she ends up with Sousuke anymore.

Hmm if she isn't a tsundere then what is she? I can't think of anything else.
Old 2008-12-29, 13:49   Link #266
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Hmmm maybe I'm bitter
It barely shows
Quote:
Hmm if she isn't a tsundere then what is she? I can't think of anything else.
Well, I guess it depends how strictly you consider the definition of "tsundere".
If it's only "a woman with a fierce side and a gentle side", I guess Kaname is one.

But, if I'm not mistaken, it seems that "tsundere" has a rather more specific definition : someone who is harsh/vindicative at first, but progressively gets "tamed" and ends up showing a gentler side.
In this case, it's not really fitting. Kaname is by default rather good-natured (if somehow a little bit impish) and smiling with everyone by default.
She just goes angry over Sousuke when he does something (well-intentionned but) stupid.
And considering how often Sousuke DOES do something stupid, she's quite often angry ^^
But then she nearly always turns nice and all mellow-mellow a short time after, when her anger has cooled enough so that she can appreciate the good intention there was below, and remember that he isn't like that on purpose.
Fumoffu is litterally a non-stop succession of these moments one after another.

As such, I don't see her really as a Tsundere. Rather a girl with a fiery but nice character.
Old 2008-12-29, 15:32   Link #267
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think she fits in the general category of tsundere
Old 2009-01-01, 20:00   Link #268
Patcoola

sousuke really does like kaname, but the way he is, he will have a very hard time expressing it.

also as a military man he can't have the emotions that love draws out, emotions would get him killed on the battle field.
Old 2009-02-21, 17:53   Link #269
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaros View Post
well even in episodes 7 end 2 sagara does worrys about chidori
but the most clues i think is at the highjack inncedent when sagara disobey the orders just to save kaname and in the dating episode between chidori and the ather guy when sagara realise that they are on date and have fun he swets all over and says confusing thinks.

i do not like tessa to end up with sagara couse see trying to take him with any means posible "remeber the inncident when he was training tessa for the meca batttle with mao and he din't want to be with her lie down on the beach-i would-"

and finnaly i like the pair of chidory sagara very much and wanto end the series by those two to be together "it will be very dispointing if kaname hook up with that brother of tessa and sagara with tessa-the ugliest think if you ask me".

so i quess will see in spring.

p.s. the episode that sagara makes up with chidori will be one of the bst (if there is such think-i hope it will be-"
I know this is like 5 years old, but I just wanna make a comment on this post. WTF? I have no idea what you're trying to say. ESL?
Old 2009-02-26, 08:58   Link #270
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
it is so obvious that sagara like kaname and vice versa but cut sagara some slack i dont think being a professional soldier since 8 years with no parents helps make it easy for one to express feelings easily or even recognise these what these feelings are. and in kaname's case she is strong and independent woman who mights also be a bit hesitant to express her feelings for him. ultimately kaname has been dropping bombs of hints to sagara but he just doesnt get it and i dont blame him after the life hes had.

i loved the ending of FMP TSR as it was the first time both of them really expressed how they felt about each other but it was unrucky for sagara because as soon as he was about to hug kaname her mate kyoko and the others come and ruin the moment which i reckon was just unrucky for sagara and kaname.
Now i just cant wait for the new series to come and tie up the loose ends which i am dying for

i also think its safe to assume that no romantic interest will happen between kaname and leonard testerossa as i think its a pretty clear fact that she hates him.
Old 2009-02-26, 09:39   Link #271
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
but cut sagara some slack i dont think being a professional soldier since 8 years with no parents helps make it easy for one to express feelings easily or even recognise these what these feelings are.
Sousuke has never been a professional soldier, but he has been "working" in the field for something like 13/14 years

At 3 years old (or near this age) the KGB start training Sousuke to be an assassin.
At 8 years old he is sent to Afghanistan to kill the general Majhid. He fail the mission and is adopted by him.
Some times later he is captured by kalinin, Kalinin desert, train Sousuke and make him learn Japanese.
USSR win the Afghan war, Kalinin and Sousuke are separated.
Sousuke start working as a mercenary.
Sousuke enter Mithril, he is 15/16 years old.

With that it's probably easier to see how much Sousuke is diferent from a normal teenager, His mission in Tokyo was the first time for him living a "peaceful" life.
Old 2009-02-26, 09:49   Link #272
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
exactly but its easy to see how after living like that would make if difficult for him but there is no doubt that Souske has strong feelings for her

Miles Teg cheers for clearing that up for me im still farily new to FMP but i just cant get enough of it.
once again thanks.
Old 2009-03-20, 10:52   Link #273
sy tao

yes, very true...Souske has romantic feelings for Kaname even if it's not yet clear for him that what he feels is love already. I simply believe from the start that he was attracted to her and that attraction progressed to a feeling called love^^ --- " Sore ga aideshou">> I guess this is love
Old 2009-04-27, 05:17   Link #274
Crisis
Rock on ^^

In Second Raid , its clearly visible that he likes Kaname and that she means the world to him

Spoiler for full metal panic:
Old 2009-07-17, 06:14   Link #275
colol

in one vid, i saw sousuke saying im off to a frame before going to school. next vid, i saw kaname pulling a frame from between books and it shows sousuke and tessa together in the frame. doesn't this show he also has strong feelings for tessa???????
Old 2009-07-17, 06:17   Link #276
colol

in the end they will end up together in the novel. cause the last end of the newest nnovel shows all off them of kaname killing both sousuke and tessa. this might result in 360 degree turning point for sousuke and he will go for tessa for comfort. i mean he even blush n said tessa was a goddess of perfection at the end of the fma sigma manga n he even blush brightly and run off like those main guys in shojo manga. so dont get your hopes up
Old 2009-07-17, 09:54   Link #277
Tabasco

If I remember correctly, that's a photo of them during the events of episode 13, where they have the mecha paintball match.

Poor Tessa. God knows the girl tried, but...
Old 2009-07-17, 10:01   Link #278
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colol View Post
in the end they will end up together in the novel. cause the last end of the newest nnovel shows all off them of kaname killing both sousuke and tessa. this might result in 360 degree turning point for sousuke and he will go for tessa for comfort. i mean he even blush n said tessa was a goddess of perfection at the end of the fma sigma manga n he even blush brightly and run off like those main guys in shojo manga. so dont get your hopes up
This made no sense at all. What are you trying to say?

p.s edit better and do not double-post, not really wise.
Old 2009-07-17, 10:13   Link #279
colol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
If I remember correctly, that's a photo of them during the events of episode 13, where they have the mecha paintball match.

Poor Tessa. God knows the girl tried, but...

yes that;s the photo i meant. n the fact that sousuke actually hold up the frame and said 'im going' to it before setting of for school, and its the same photo that kaname found. there's only tessa as another person in there beside sousuke and no one else. this shows that he love if not adores tessa so before the novel could end there's still hope for tessa
Old 2009-07-17, 10:16   Link #280
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Someone correct me if i am wrong, but Chidori and Sousuke

Spoiler for bleh, for possible spoilers and whining:
Closed Thread