Old 2008-11-25, 01:14   Link #301
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Update on the assembly:

...Once I'll assemble a larger part I'll make some photos
Great! I'll be VERY interested on how the paint wears once you do transformations with it. The tolerances are VERY tight in places...

What kind of paint are you using? Acrylic or lacquer based? Are you airbrushing it?
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 03:51   Link #302
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Great! I'll be VERY interested on how the paint wears once you do transformations with it. The tolerances are VERY tight in places...

What kind of paint are you using? Acrylic or lacquer based? Are you airbrushing it?
It's Tamiya Lacquer based TS-27 Matt White. I've noticed it's a bit harder to snap the parts with primer and paint applied though not as bad as I thought at the beginning. I assembled the parts first, disassembled, painted and assembled again. Unfortunately I'm not using an airbrush but a regular spray.

It requires more skill then an airbrush as spray is unforgivable when you make a mistake ;/ You have less control, can't mix or thin the paint and you have to be extremely careful to apply the right amount. Sprays tend to release too much paint, especially when a part is small. It's not an acrylic paint so you won't be able to wipe it away with water.

Spoiler for Picture:

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Last edited by Urei; 2008-11-25 at 04:06.
Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 00:56   Link #303
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Cool

Looking GREAT Urei! Please post more images as you go. I'm fascinated to see how the matte white looks as it goes together!

I totally get you on the difficulty controlling the spray cans. Airbrush is SO much more controllable, even if it IS a huge mess to clean up all the airbrush parts. I'm used to using carbon dioxide as my propellant for my airbrush, but since I moved, I haven't had a current tank and my regulator might be broken... Not a lot of airbrushing going on at my place right now... I've been stuck with spray cans when I need a smooth surface too... A brush on the small detail parts, but a 00 is all I'm using on the VF-25F. We'll see on the VF-25S...

Thanks for sharing!
Old 2008-11-26, 09:09   Link #304
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Looking GREAT Urei! Please post more images as you go. I'm fascinated to see how the matte white looks as it goes together!

I totally get you on the difficulty controlling the spray cans. Airbrush is SO much more controllable, even if it IS a huge mess to clean up all the airbrush parts. I'm used to using carbon dioxide as my propellant for my airbrush, but since I moved, I haven't had a current tank and my regulator might be broken... Not a lot of airbrushing going on at my place right now... I've been stuck with spray cans when I need a smooth surface too... A brush on the small detail parts, but a 00 is all I'm using on the VF-25F. We'll see on the VF-25S...

Thanks for sharing!
I'll post some more pictures once I'll get my duties out of the way I'm thinking of marking the lines right after painting the parts or segments. It'll be a lot easier. I'll be using an ultra fine brush to apply the thinned matt black tamiya paint. I'll go for a 50-50 proportion. If you have another suggestion I'll gladly listen

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 10:14   Link #305
magnuskn

Having taken a look at what the 2009 MF calendar had as pictures, I wasn´t too pleased to see that they only had one picture for every two months. Cheapskates.

I am rather pleased that I rather bought the A Song of Ice and Fire calendar.
Old 2008-11-27, 10:22   Link #306
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Personally, I will be extremely content if I can ever get my hands on this promotional poster:

And I don't know why they don't have one. Seriously, is it that difficult to make? Its just her promotional poster since the 1st ep!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 10:34   Link #307
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, that is quite a beautiful piece, if I do say so myself. There will be a HBO series soon, right?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 10:40   Link #308
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Having taken a look at what the 2009 MF calendar had as pictures, I wasn´t too pleased to see that they only had one picture for every two months. Cheapskates.

A lot of promotional posters over there are like that. What you get for the price are huge, beautifully printed images that can be torn out of the calendar so you don't have to keep the whole thing in storage when 2009 comes to a close.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 11:18   Link #309
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, that is quite a beautiful piece, if I do say so myself. There will be a HBO series soon, right?
Yeah, it seems so. The pilot is being being made, IIRC, but it has yet to be decided if the series will be picked up as such. I wouldn´t know how they could do justice to some of the more, ah, gigantesque battles with 50,000 people or more on each side, but let´s hope they somehow manage to bring over the feeling of the books at least, and cast good actors.

At the very least a series would hopefully motivate GRRM to get off his ass and finish the damned books, instead of traveling to cons all year long.

In any case, if the two images I saw ( Lord Eddard polishing Ice under the Start hearttree and John Snow with Ghost ) are any indication, I should have something fantastic to gaze at every month.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:08   Link #310
Tsuchiro

mmm.. Sheryl PVC

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/...80fdcc8eaeb246

klan

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/...80fdcc8eaeb246
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:59   Link #311
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Macross New Figure
http://www.bandai.co.jp/gashapon/capsule/index.html
Old 2008-12-02, 16:20   Link #312
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Has anyone ordered from Over Drive? They reliable?
Old 2008-12-02, 18:17   Link #313
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm View Post
Has anyone ordered from Over Drive? They reliable?
I've had several transactions with Over Drive. They're quite reliable.
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 18:19   Link #314
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I've had several transactions with Over Drive. They're quite reliable.
Thanks for the info, I'm putting my preorder down tonight for Klan >:3
Old 2008-12-08, 09:11   Link #315
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

1/72 RVF-25 Luca Colors with Ghost unit and Action Base 1 SMS version:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 15:51   Link #316
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
1/72 RVF-25 Luca Colors with Ghost unit and Action Base 1 SMS version:

Cool that it comes with the Ghost drones! I couldn't tell if it needs full painting to make it Luca's green version...

Will this be offered with an optional Shotacon shortpants outfit for the Battroid version?

I got my Ozma version last week and its totally legit! I'll be waiting until after the holidays to start work on it though.
Old 2008-12-09, 06:57   Link #317
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

They're only showing the prototype, which uses the VF-25S as a base. The final retail version will be colored in full green.

Also, seems it will come with 3 Ghost fighters, which explains the expense.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 09:49   Link #318
Tak

Haha! I don't know if I will purchase the Luca though. It was the most useless fighter in the entire series.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-12-09, 16:24   Link #319
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Haha! I don't know if I will purchase the Luca though. It was the most useless fighter in the entire series.

- Tak
Then how can you have the Skull Squadron flying into battle across your desk if they don't have their logistics guy feeding them battlefield info?
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 16:28   Link #320
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
Then how can you have the Skull Squadron flying into battle across your desk if they don't have their logistics guy feeding them battlefield info?
You know, sometimes I wonder about that. The series never really show the audience of Luca's supposed usefulness. I've always thought they got their feed from the Macross Quarter, while Luca was actually there to gather information, not to distribute them.

- Tak