AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 07:57   Link #261
RisArk

The creators said they might do a spin-off with Zuko, so the cliff-hanger may be intentional.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 08:39   Link #262
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
The creators said they might do a spin-off with Zuko, so the cliff-hanger may be intentional.
No they never said that. In fact they said Aang and Zuko's stories are over.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 03:01   Link #263
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The finale was completely stunning. The best I have ever seen from American television animation personally. Zuko's mom and Azula were such cliffhangers though....bah! And we get the kiss! So long Boomie and Space Sword. All Hail the Melon Lord!

All wrapped up pretty neatly overall though, it wasn't as rushed/contrived as I feared it might end up.

I think what the creators mean is that future stories in the Avatar universe won't revolve around the current main cast anymore. This story was told and they'll move onto new ones, but that doesn't mean they won't use any of our favorites....it'd be a real shame if they chose not to honestly.

I think with the writing they've done so far they could easily include any of Team Avatar into a future series/movie without making them the focus.
Old 2008-08-18, 22:16   Link #264
ccha

Avatar was a badass show,especially that Sokka is great comic relief.
ccha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 22:37   Link #265
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
No they never said that. In fact they said Aang and Zuko's stories are over.
I am hoping for an Azula redemptive spin-off movie, where she goes searching for her lost mother (and Zuko and others follow). I feel that the "Mirror" scene, during Azula's breakdown, provides more than sufficient background to facilitate a spin-off movie starring her looking for her mother. This would also be a great way of tying in the two major unfinished storylines (maybe they could even throw Jet in there to please his fans ) from the final season.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 11:33   Link #266
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am hoping for an Azula redemptive spin-off movie, where she goes searching for her lost mother (and Zuko and others follow). I feel that the "Mirror" scene, during Azula's breakdown, provides more than sufficient background to facilitate a spin-off movie starring her looking for her mother. This would also be a great way of tying in the two major unfinished storylines (maybe they could even throw Jet in there to please his fans ) from the final season.
Spoiler:
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 16:18   Link #267
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Spoiler:
Did he? It was kind of ambiguous.
Old 2008-08-19, 17:46   Link #268
xia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

I thought it was pretty conclusive.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 18:03   Link #269
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Bah, totally missed the joke in the play huh.
Old 2008-08-19, 19:52   Link #270
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Y'know, it was pretty unclear."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 23:10   Link #271
Monkey D. Luffy

Yeah, Jet has been "dead" for a while. They confirmed it a while ago. It wasn't shown or made clearly in the show because Nick wouldn't let the creators depict the actual death, that's why it was poked fun at in the "The Ember Island Players." ^^

Also just in case some of you guys don't know, the fate of Azula has been confirmed on the Avatar-Nick page. It says she was sent to a mental health facility, so I guess that's a bit of a resolve atleast.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 06:31   Link #272
xia

Quote:
Bah, totally missed the joke in the play huh.
I totally did. Please excuse/ignore me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post

Also just in case some of you guys don't know, the fate of Azula has been confirmed on the Avatar-Nick page. It says she was sent to a mental health facility, so I guess that's a bit of a resolve atleast.
I kind of thought that would be her fate... now I need to know about Ursa.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 19:34   Link #273
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I cannot believe that I missed the new episodes of Avatar! Hey, are they still giving reruns.
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 17:39   Link #274
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by xia View Post
I totally did. Please excuse/ignore me now.
No worries, I was just being a geek.
Old 2008-08-25, 04:42   Link #275
Ryuujin

Quote:
The creators confirmed it in an interview, iirc (though far as I know, the fate of his companions was never addressed).

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 11:54   Link #276
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know it's dated news, but I just found out that there was an actual (total) solar eclipse on August 1 of this year! Coincidence or clever planning of the writers?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:41   Link #277
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just curious about peoples reaction to the cast choices of the live-action Avatar movie preparing production. Currently the fanbase is up in arms as how the main protagonists were all casted with Caucasians, while it is obvious Avatar takes place in a diverse and heavily asian influenced world and culture.

Even more so with interview from Jesse McCartney your mainstream teen idol, as taking the place of the most complex character in the series who at least upto the interview knows very little of the series besides what he has read in the script.

Could this go the way of Dragonball Evolution?
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 22:06   Link #278
TheCaptain

For the longest time I thought I wouldn't enjoy this series but now I can say that after watching some of the marathon on NickToons the other day I am really digging this show! I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes while at work and I am really thinking of hunting this series down on DVD, the action seemed great and the final episode was epic, for an anime thats not a true anime it was a fun watch.
TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 22:30   Link #279
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Just curious about peoples reaction to the cast choices of the live-action Avatar movie preparing production. Currently the fanbase is up in arms as how the main protagonists were all casted with Caucasians, while it is obvious Avatar takes place in a diverse and heavily asian influenced world and culture.

Even more so with interview from Jesse McCartney your mainstream teen idol, as taking the place of the most complex character in the series who at least upto the interview knows very little of the series besides what he has read in the script.

Could this go the way of Dragonball Evolution?
While I never expected much from the LA movie, I don't really care about the ethnicity of the cast. Jesse McCartney is obviously a horrifying choice for Zuko, but the rest of them could all be fine - although we have no idea what the boy playing Aang looks like and he's never acted before. I care much more about whether they can sell the roles they're playing than what race they are - though it will be odd if Iroh is played by a gaijin.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 12:54   Link #280
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

It kind of reminds me of how in Memoirs of a Geisha (with authenticy in the book itself set aside) the actor was chinese and not japanese, I believe, and it was still a good movie. I know it's not as big as having american actors, but although I do see the point they are making, I feel it isn't that big of a deal. It's kind of lampshaded, but I don't see how hiring asian actors would make the show 'better', it still would be avatar, and I don't see how it would make it be authentic either, since, the show was MADE in America, this holds true despite the overwhelming asian influences. I understand people are getting upset over this, and I guess it's kind of like taking only the 'marketable' aspects of asian culture, but at the same time, I don't think it's a completely horrible affair. Now, if they tried to remove such asian aspects of the show, that would be downright censorship. Even though the character designs are diverse, not all of the characters I believe are meant to be asian. They are supposed to be from a diverse world, with more than one ethnicity. so hiring all asian actors would just be limiting it the same as all white.

Overall, I'm kind of impartial to the whole ethnicity ordeal. I mean, just because a show borrows ideas from asian (and other cultures) in a fantasy show doesn't mean that the characters have to be the same ethnicity as the real life influence from which it came. Technically, since the world in the Avatar series is made up, there isn't such ethnicities as asian, caucasian, inuit, etc. It's the four elemental nations, founded as loosely or stiffly on their originating real life culture.
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote