AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 22:21   Link #121
pikachuwei

MISAKA sisters are the most broken, that is all, being able to attack from up to 3 bloody points at the same time (summon misaka sister, summon partner, and firing with main misaka) and doing incredible damage in the process (easily 1500+ with grab misaka, damage doesnt matter as much with Sniper and Grenade misaka as they Knock down the enemy)

Mugino is broken too, she can just dance around her enemies and beam spam, but accelerator murders her. Accel himself is pretty hax too, but doesnt have the sheer firepower of Misaka unless you get them in a corner, and spam earthquake for insane combo (ive done 0 to death before, but that may be coz the CPU sucked). Accel's basic triangle grab throw does up to 1600 with wall crash, which is fantastic as it outdamages most character's combos, has reflect frames and is almost instant, thus making it hard to interrupt with summon, especially if you pull it out of his godly vector dash

Runners up for overpowered characters are Kuroko and FUZE.

Last edited by pikachuwei; 2011-01-28 at 22:31.
pikachuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 22:31   Link #122
pikachuwei

Fuze has a wide variety of attacks, at least one of which chains into her super glowy orb grab of doom attack, which does insane damage. her projectiles are decent, especially her "feather" attack where she launches a projectile in the air and it comes down a few seconds later. While it may sound bad, this means that you can save yourself from a combo if your partner is recharging as long as you launched a projectile earlier, as the feather homes just before it is about to fall, so it is very hard to dodge.

Kuroko doesnt have much in terms of dmg but being able to teleport behind the enemy means most of their attacks will miss, basically a hit and run playstyle.

Mikoto is basically a slower SISTER with worse range but better melee. Also her special is very powerful, comes out almost instantly (has smaller hitbox than mugino's kamehameha special but is almost twice as strong).

Acqua as expected is a powerhouse, he is the only one whos natural combos can do 2000+ (white edge combo against wall, and uppercut-red edge combo) however he is very slow. His spells are good in that you can release them on command though.

ive messed around with the other characters as well, but cant be stuffed typing more about them, as they all get destroyed by MISAKA/Accelerator/Mugino anyway
Old 2011-01-29, 02:02   Link #123
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
*hush hush* Pikachuwei, tried KO-ing an opponent with Touma's taunt or blocking an incoming projectile (except for physical projectiles) with it? It was pretty funny XD

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 04:06   Link #124
pikachuwei

^i just realised i havent figured out how to taunt yet D=

hmm finished the game, (in one day =D, but then it isnt a very long game)
imo tier lists

God tier:
Accel

A tier:
Mugino
MISAKA
Kuroko

B tier:
Misaka
Kanzaki
Itsuwa
Kazakiri

C Tier:
Stiyl
Tsuchimikado
Touma
Acqua

I think thats all of them =/
Old 2011-01-29, 04:27   Link #125
pikachuwei

Accel - a beast in every sense of the word. Dash is broken, it has reflect so you can go through most opponent's projectiles, the dash itself hits for some damage, flinching the opponent, you can dash up to 3 times in any direction, and you can link attacks off it. Dashx3 + grabthrow does 1800+ if all 3 dash hits and you wall crash. Since grabthrow knocks the enemy away, it allows you to start a new dash and just as the opponent gets back up you are in their face again. Wind slash is a decent midrange projectile with very little startup lag, wide range, but not so much power. Quake is situational, dont use it unless you are far away from the opponent. If you grabthrow the opponent into a wall however, you can combo them with quake for 2000+ damage, or potentially even 0 to death if the opponent doesnt know how to get out. If you are in the corner you can even chain your special from quake (tried and tested) though it doesnt happen very often. All accel's attacks except neutral square have reflect properties, meaning you are invulnerable to most attacks. This means it is much harder to punish him after dodging. Accel's only minor problem is that his square attacks suck. Rock combo is weak and hardly likely to hit unless you combo from dash but i dont know why you would do that when grabthrow is much stronger. Rock kick is accel's only longrange projectile, but you should be dashing in to the enemy rather than playing long range, so you might as well quake, which starts up and reaches the enemy faster and has potential for combo.
Accel has no bad matches really, Touma may give him a hard time due to his good CQC (lol) but thats about it

Mugino: Queen of beamspam, literally. her projectiles reach across the map, hit for decent damage even when uncharged, and when charged, are lethal. Single beam is her quickest move, and when charged does decent 1k damage. Try to charge it when using to increase damage and hitbox size unless the opponent is nearby, whereas you would just use uncharged beam or her shield attacks. Shield dash is situational, seeing use mostly when you want to surprise your enemy or if you are facing accel/kuroko. You should be throwing out silicon cards whenever you are safe to do so, if they are hit by your beams they cause unblockable explosions which do great damage. Most of the time you should be using Mugino's beam formations, charged up for larger hitboxes and greater damage. 8shot should be your weapon of choice. I dont really see the point in 4shot really, except to mix it up a bit as it covers some of the gaps in 8 shot. By spamming charged formation shots, you can ensue the enemy spends most of his time dodging. Most partners the opponent uses would be useless due to them getting hit by your formation shots as soon as they are summoned. Be sure to chain off a single beam after every formation shot, as it comes out extremely quick. If you missed the enemy before you should not charge, in order to have higher chance of hitting hte enemy. If you hit the enemy before you should charge to do more damage. Mugino's special can chain off any of her beam attacks 100%, so if you have full bar feel free to use it any time to deal extra hurt.

MISAKA: the other long range spammer. While MISAKA does not have as much full on firepower as mugino, she is able to pressure the opponent almost constantly from all directions, and can deal greater damage once powered up. Machine gun is fantastic, dealing great damage, has good tracking, flinches opponents, and the ability to strafe make it even better. You should be using machine gun most of the time, as her thunderbolt and thundershield take time to fire, and machine gun already works great as both range and CQ weapon. Your priority while playing as MISAKA is to power up via hitting your opponent with your sister summons, as it makes you that much more powerful, increasing the magazine size of your gun and the damage of your attacks. Sniper MISAKA is easiest to hit with, being extremely fast. You can pin down your opponent very effectively with sniper MISAKA, and since she knocks down, she makes approaching MISAKA very hard. Grenade misaka deals good damage, but it is hard to hit with her particularly if the opponent is moving towards or away from misaka. best way to hit is to stun the target with machine gun fire right after you summon grenade misaka. Grabshock Misaka is the hardest to hit with, but has the most combo potential. use the same method with grenade misaka to have high chance of hitting to acquire the powerup. Once you are powered up, grabshock misaka will be your best way to rack up damage, grab+full machinegun burst/thunderbolt does 1600+ damage, and if you use a partner attack it can go even higher. Make sure to not fire as soon as the grab misaka gets the target, as she will cease her attack if your projectiles hit her.
Landing specials with Misaka is easy, just chain off her machine gun.

im not going to write about kuroko, i only put her in A tier because she is the worst match up for mugino and Misaka besides accel due to teleport :P
Old 2011-01-29, 04:31   Link #126
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Use the Select button to do it.

... Is it me or it's only Touma who's able to cause damage in his taunt :P

Old 2011-01-29, 23:35   Link #127
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

hmm finished the game, (in one day =D, but then it isnt a very long game)
imo tier lists

God tier:
Accel

A tier:
Mugino
MISAKA
Kuroko

B tier:
Misaka
Kanzaki
Itsuwa
Kazakiri

C Tier:
Stiyl
Tsuchimikado
Touma
Acqua

I think thats all of them =/
You miss out Sasha/Misha. I say her range is even better than Mugino's
Old 2011-01-30, 00:10   Link #128
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You miss out Sasha/Misha. I say her range is even better than Mugino's
Her range is better than Mugino's but her attacks starts even slower than Kazakiri... in which melee fighters like Touma and Tsuchimikado can take advantage of it even faster than anyone else.

Tsuchimikado hits real fast it doesn't matter if you don't even do a combo, you can just slide to the side to evade a possible counter and start another series of attacks... and his gun makes a good long-ranged poke.

While with Touma, it's a lowersection kick + one-two punch + uppercut fest, and if the enemy doesn't roll back after falling to the ground/is near a wall as a result of Touma's uppercut, just swipe them with a lowersection kick for more damage.

Mikoto's combo ability is quite broken if I were to say what I think about it. A single flurry can last till a dozen hits, something I find it hard to do with the other characters.

Old 2011-01-30, 00:46   Link #129
pikachuwei

sasha is very slow and just about all the cast can get a hit in before she can launch any of her attacks.
and its impossible to have better range than mugino as her projectiles go all the way across the map almost instantly.

Mugino is almost untouchable for melee characters due to silicon card + beam combo. Shes the best range character in game, along with MISAKA. Id say MISAKA vs Mugino would go to Mugino 6:4, she can outrange misaka's gun and her beam is faster so she can cancel MISAKA's projectiles. However MISAKA can put good pressure on Mugino with grabshock MISAKA which approaches form the back, and grenade misaka from the side, so mugino has to keep moving. Also mugino cant really use silicon cards in this match as misaka can easily shoot them down. Kuroko is very hard for Misaka and mugino to beat due to teleport and is the natural counter for those two.

Accelerator still dominates though, i just found his dash attack goes through even magic. Theres really no way to beat his dash attack due to its insane speed and priority, except through blocking, but being able to change direction in dash and dash up to 3x means accel can easily lure you into blocking and then attacking you while you are vulnerable. Dodging is an option, but very hard, as dashgrabthrow will track you up to 4 times, requiring 4 well timed dodges. Plus at any point accel can cancel and throw a different attack.
Old 2011-01-30, 19:04   Link #130
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

All of Accel's story mode:

I'm really not used to hearing Fujiwara Keiji voicing Kihara.
Old 2011-01-30, 19:34   Link #131
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

lol someone should upload everyone else's as well.

EDIT: Oh wait, they're in parts. lol.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-01-30 at 19:51.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 19:59   Link #132
jibba

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Accel - Dashx3 + grabthrow does 1800+ if all 3 dash hits and you wall crash.
Kinda of a noob question, but what buttons exactly do you press to do all that?

EDIT: NVM, i think i worked it out, it's pressing triangle during the dash,

Last edited by jibba; 2011-01-30 at 20:27.
jibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 20:33   Link #133
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Has anyone sorted out the complete movelist of the characters in the game?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 21:11   Link #134
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wow great bgm that plays in the accel ending
Old 2011-01-31, 00:47   Link #135
Miraluka
Banned

Last Order fell off about minute 3.22 D=

Accelerator: Level 0...
Touma: Strongest!

I loled at "Accelerator Time"

@zeniselv: Yeah, nice BGM, I wonder if it will be used on the anime.

Also:

Touma and Itsuwa vs Acqua.

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 02:50   Link #136
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Has anyone sorted out the complete movelist of the characters in the game?
they give it to you in the command list...

ill put out list of accel mugino and MISAKA's moves

-> means the attack continues with corresponding button press

->
--> means the attack continues with the above continuation of an attack

Accel
Square: Stomp (rocks fly out of the ground around Accelerator)
-> Forward+Square: Rock kick (kicks projectile rock at opponent, long range, reflect properties)
-> Back+Square: Rock uppercut (kicks rock out of the ground uppercut style, launches opponents, reflect properties)

Any direction+Square: Dash. (reflect properties, deals small damage on contact). Can be chained up to 3 x by inputting desired direction of travel (eg up down left) and at any time you can chain into Triangle or Square attacks.
-> Square: Jumping heeldrop (accelerator jumps in air and come crashing down foot first, rocks fly out of ground around accelerator like with neutral square, reflect properties)
-->Forward+Square: Rock kick (kicks projectile rock at opponent, long range, reflect properties)
-->Back+Square: Rock uppercut (kicks rock out of the ground uppercut style, launches opponents, reflect properties)

Triangle: Redirect Blood. (accel lunges at opponent and grabs them, deals small damage, reflect properties)
-> any direction while accel is grabbing opponent: Throw (Accelerator controls vectors and throws the opponent in inputted direction violently. Opponents are knocked back very far, almost able to crash an opponent into the opposite wall of the stage even if you are right up against the wall of one side.)
Forward+ Triangle: Wind slash (accel backhands, a wind attacks the opponents. Midranged projectile, reflect properties)
Back+triangle: Quake (accel punches the ground, and a few moments later an shockwave comes out of the ground below the opponent, launching them upwards. Reflect properties)

Super: Plasma ball. Homing ball of plasma
Old 2011-01-31, 03:03   Link #137
pikachuwei

Mugino
Square: single laser (can be charged to create bigger laser with more damage)
Forward+Square: Quadruple lasers in front of self in a spread pattern(can be charged so all the beams become bigger and more damage, can chain into a single laser that has very little startup.)
Back+Square: 8 Lasers in front of self in spread pattern (can be charged for more damage and bigger beams, can be chained into a single laser that has very little startup)

Triangle: Shield attack (creates a circular energy shield, little damage on contact, apparently can block but i havent seen it block yet. can chain into single laser)
-> shield attack 2 (creates a second bigger shield that completes the shield attack combo. Mugino will jump backwards after this attack, creating space between herself and opponent)

Forward+triangle: Shield Charge. Mugino charges at opponent with the energy shield. can cancel into laser attacks at any time.

Back+triangle: Throw silicon card that hover in midair. If one of mugino's beams hits the cards, beams will spread out from the card, forming powerful unblockable "shotgun beam" attack. Card will fall down after hit by either mugino's beams or enemy projectiles. Multiple cards can be set, seems up to 7 at the same time. Cards will fall down automatically after a while.

Special: Super laser. Very fast very large laser.

MISAKA
Square: Machine gun. around 5-6 shots at first, around 10 shots when misaka is powered up (when she gains all 3 MISAKA tokens) can move around while firing.
Forward+square: Thunderbolt. Similar to Mikoto's thunderbolt, except weaker unless MISAKA is powered up. Limited range compared to mikoto's bolt.
Back+Square: Thunder shield. MISAKA shocks the ground in front of her, a close range attack that multihits.
Triangle: Grenade MISAKA runs in from the side and throws 3 grenades at opponent. Knocksdown. Once Grenade MISAKA has hit once you gain her MISAKA token, you need all 3 MISAKA tokens for MISAKA's attacks to all increase in damage permanently
Back+Triangle: Sniper MISAKA shoots opponent from behind player MISAKA. Knocks down. After hitting with her you gain her MISAKA token
Forward+Triangle: MISAKA sister runs in from behind opponent and grabs them for an electric shock. You gain her MISAKA token once you hit with her. Warning, if player MISAKA or partner or summoned MISAKAs hit shock misaka, she will cancel her attack early.

Special: Shock grenade. Misaka fires 2-3 electric orb projectiles from her rifle.
Old 2011-01-31, 04:10   Link #138
jibba

Thanks a lot pikachuwei!
Very very helpful guide
Old 2011-01-31, 05:35   Link #139
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Just wondering, Pikachuwei, but Accelerator's plasma ball super can be stored/held (by not releasing the Circle button after it is initiated). What does it do?

Old 2011-01-31, 06:57   Link #140
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, what are the keys needed to perform Overdrive moves?
I'm actually looking for info for the game for the Wiki.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote