AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 13.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 38.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 08:49   Link #61
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not something that personally needs to be shown, it's something you can accept when you see the two together. She respect what he has and can do. That one is obvious.
Thats very unconvincing. Because this way you can say anything about the characters and that it just never is shown directly but gives you the feeling of (yet you may be alone in that feeling).

Please give factual scenes of her showing/giving respect for Welkin, or stop talking about how obvious it is that she feels respect.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:58   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Thats very unconvincing. Because this way you can say anything about the characters and that it just never is shown directly but gives you the feeling of (yet you may be alone in that feeling).

Please give factual scenes of her showing/giving respect for Welkin, or stop talking about how obvious it is that she feels respect.
What? She's already accepted what Welkin can do. That's respect right there. Yes i don't have an actually scene in the anime upto now where she's said that she has respect for him, though at the same time we haven't had anyone say that, though we know it be true because of what he's done on two missions already. It's easy to accept, but you won't because she personally hasn't said it. & why's that? I have a feeling it has something to do with your problem of not being able to accept the anime version of Alicia.

It's true that the majority we've seen from Alicia in this adaptation is this added tsundere side of hers, though just because we see that so much doesn't mean that's all there is to her.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-05-20 at 09:09.
Old 2009-05-20, 09:37   Link #63
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Weren't you the one who was always talking about there being no facts, no objectiveness, no single truth, and that everything was based on the eye of the beholder? Such a nice change in stance, eh?

Old 2009-05-20, 10:00   Link #64
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
OK, so um, just how many battles are they gonna skip?

Because I thought all of them were pretty fun and entertaining.

Oh and die anime original character now known as "emo-chan" to me. Alot of us know your not suppose to be there. Die and take your shounenai tsundereness with you.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-05-20 at 12:08.
Old 2009-05-20, 10:05   Link #65
Darknemo2000

Well I am asking for him to show the facts upon he based his own perception - as in the scenes from the anime. Objectiveness has nothing to do with it, Beto you are just being silly and stingy (well like always actually, one thing that never changes, eh?). Naturally he cannot produce facts as they are since whenever I will see them they will become part of my perception and not his, yet he can still provide the factual scenes upon which he came to conclusion that Alicia feels deep respect for Welkin. So far his statement were rather general and not concrete enough as to where this respect was showed. It is more based on that their interaction gives one such feeling, which is way too abstract. It is not the matter of objectiveness but rather going from less concrete examples to more detailed ones. Is that too hard for you to understand?

I am not saying that Shiroth is necessarily wrong - but I am questioning his assured tone. If he indeed is so assured about it then there should be actual scenes of Alicia expressing her respect for Welkin, yet so far there does not seem to be any, thus maybe we should wait before taking that Alicia feels respect for Welkin as undoubted fact.

alu546, its pretty obvious taht the focus of this anime is not actual war plot but the characters, so I would expect them to skip even more battles in the future.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-05-20 at 10:16.
Old 2009-05-20, 10:13   Link #66
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No, but it seems you cannot understand it, either. So, there.
And sorry for being stingy, I didn't mean to. But I sure as hell am not gonna go into another silly argument with you, sir.

Old 2009-05-20, 11:39   Link #67
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

If she respects him why did she get in the way when that reported came to interview Welkin? Because she was embarrassed of Welkin. She always tells him to shut up or shouts in his face. She hit him one time although it was accidental, she has more respect for Faldio than Welkin and treats him more as her leader, but like I said it's only 7 episodes and this anime will have 26 episodes so I can't say further details.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:10   Link #68
pingva

Last episode Alicia was annoying. This episode Lamar was annoying. Yes, that's all about this episode.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:11   Link #69
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
If she respects him why did she get in the way when that reported came to interview Welkin? Because she was embarrassed of Welkin. She always tells him to shut up or shouts in his face. She hit him one time although it was accidental, she has more respect for Faldio than Welkin and treats him more as her leader, but like I said it's only 7 episodes and this anime will have 26 episodes so I can't say further details.
She has respect for him, but that doesn't mean she's not allowed to realize his faults. Welkin never really thinks anything of reputation which is something very important, especially when the militia is already so looked down on by the Military. Alicia is actually conscious of the reputation of the militia and hopes to keep it intact at least a bit. Hell, Welkin almost told the reporter that the Vasel Bridge operation was done based on a bet which could make the militia look like a group of irresponsible soldiers not taking this war seriously.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:16   Link #70
alu546
y prime

Quote:

alu546, its pretty obvious taht the focus of this anime is not actual war plot but the characters, so I would expect them to skip even more battles in the future.
Yea, I know

I find it dissappointing that there is this big discussion about the relationship between Alicia and Welkin, because in the game that was never really in question.

I want more war plot! I can always hope for that in the second half of the show.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:19   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbobot View Post
She has respect for him, but that doesn't mean she's not allowed to realize his faults. Welkin never really thinks anything of reputation which is something very important, especially when the militia is already so looked down on by the Military. Alicia is actually conscious of the reputation of the militia and hopes to keep it intact at least a bit. Hell, Welkin almost told the reporter that the Vasel Bridge operation was done based on a bet which could make the militia look like a group of irresponsible soldiers not taking this war seriously.
Another good point, though then again Darknemo2000 is just not going to accept anything we say on the matter.

Looks like he won't accept it unless Alicia actually say's to Welkin that she has respect for him, though as if that's going to happen anytime soon. We've given him enough evidence to show she does hold respect for him.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-05-20 at 12:37.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:51   Link #72
Darknemo2000

That's not "a good point" in terms of proving she feels respect. Barbobot stated that she can realize his faults (which she does) but he still did not provide any scene in detail to give an evidence of Alicia's respect for Welkin. She is concerned and aware of Militia's reputation but that does not mean she feels respect herself. So all and all this point certainly is in vain in terms of proving anything regarding Alicia's respect for Welkin.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:59   Link #73
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

It's a shame that anime personality Alicia is ruining the real sense of trust and respect they both have each other. It's much more obvious in game, but Alicia's tsundere personality and overabuse of funny faces is making it difficult for the anime only people. =(

Just give it time, assuming Alicia mellows out as the series progresses. It might take a bit longer in the game, but you'll definitely see the respect shine.
Old 2009-05-20, 14:22   Link #74
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh my dislike for Alicia is more because I dislike Tsunderes in general because their so rarely done right (<3 Rin-sama though and always will) and not really anything to do with "OMG what have they done to game Alicia".

I don't really think the series needs to be deadly serious and I love some of the silly background characters from last episode, but Alicia and now Faldios boy toy just rub me the wrong way with their rather blatant abusing of the arch-type...Needless to say if Alicia stayed more well balanced like she was this episode the show on a whole would be a great deal more enjoyable.

I do think she has plenty of respect for Welkin though by the by...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-20, 15:51   Link #75
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they didn't really skip that many battles.. maybe they'll skip the big tank battle that's coming up, but aside from that, there isn't that much fighting to skip. the game has roughly 5x more story than fighting.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:21   Link #76
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
they didn't really skip that many battles.. maybe they'll skip the big tank battle that's coming up, but aside from that, there isn't that much fighting to skip. the game has roughly 5x more story than fighting.
I do believe they outright skipped one chapter so far. I am thinking it was Operation Cloudburst.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:28   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So far in terms of battle gameplay from the game, they've only missed out West Bank of Vasel City & Battle at Barious Desert. That's not that bad seeing as how they don't actually have to be animated to further the story. The upcoming battle in the story shouldn't be missed out, because it has some importance to the story.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:40   Link #78
jwai

Wow, Ramal being mean to the girl he actually has taken a liking to. Another tsundere comes out of the woodwork, although it might not be hard to relate with for some who still remember being a kid.

That being said, I'm not sure where Ramal's need to look like a professional soldier comes from. After all, he's in the Militia, which isn't really a professional unit to begin with (even though Squads 1 and 7 appear to be doing far better than the full-time military).
Old 2009-05-20, 18:33   Link #79
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

To take the topic in a slightly different direction, this ep had some new bgm I particularly liked. While the characters were talking about the Darcsen Calamity there was a good new piece on, different from the usual pomp and grandour of Sakimoto's usual work. I only wish we could hear it better because there's so much chatter going on.
Old 2009-05-20, 21:19   Link #80
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
It's a shame that anime personality Alicia is ruining the real sense of trust and respect they both have each other. It's much more obvious in game, but Alicia's tsundere personality and overabuse of funny faces is making it difficult for the anime only people. =(

Just give it time, assuming Alicia mellows out as the series progresses. It might take a bit longer in the game, but you'll definitely see the respect shine.
Game in this particular case stops playing that important role. Even if she shows the respect in the game, if it's not portrayed in the anime then it is not in the anime. What happens in the game and what happens in the anime are two different things, just because one character feels in a particular way in the game does not mean it will be so in the anime.

We already have changes in terms of personality and some of the events, and I think there may be even bigger changes in the future since
Spoiler for Guess:
Closed Thread