AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 23:14   Link #21
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Yikes, 92,400 yen.

/me saves his milk money
92400 yen for 100 episodes is actually quite cheap for R2 DVDs. That's like ~$9 an episode.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:21   Link #22
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It's actually just under USD$8 per episode... I'm looking at about CAD$10.50 per episode.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:23   Link #23
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
92400 yen for 100 episodes is actually quite cheap for R2 DVDs. That's like ~$9 an episode.
Yup, it is cheap, but it's something I have to pay all at one time.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:27   Link #24
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
It's actually just under USD$8 per episode... I'm looking at about CAD$10.50 per episode.
That's cheap for region 2. Heh
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 23:31   Link #25
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Yup, it is cheap, but it's something I have to pay all at one time.
You have 120 days to save ~$800.

That's about $6.75 a day, which isn't all that hard to save.
Old 2004-08-02, 00:50   Link #26
TempestGarden

Hey Satsuke,

First of all... THANK YOU so much for releasing this series in the first place. It's great to be able to have this series with decent video quality. My only complaint.... What's with the HORRIBLE 2-D subtitles?? At times they can be quite difficult to read, so if you wanted any advice about any possible changes in the future, I'd say definitely start with the subtitles. Other than that, great job!
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 00:56   Link #27
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestGarden
My only complaint.... What's with the HORRIBLE 2-D subtitles?? At times they can be quite difficult to read, so if you wanted any advice about any possible changes in the future, I'd say definitely start with the subtitles. Other than that, great job!
Odd they appear to have depth to me but if you know a way to make an Amiga with Jacosub produce textsub style shadows, by all means share it. ^^;
Old 2004-08-02, 02:39   Link #28
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
<removed>
Those DVDs are crap, Crossfade uses them as their source. They're over saturated, low bitrate and poor audio. I'd much rather buy the R2 DVDs.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-08-02 at 16:59.
Old 2004-08-02, 06:38   Link #29
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
on ebay you might get all the 101 epsodes for 60$USD dollars
Does Animesuki allows mentions of where to buy bootleg DVDs ?
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 07:53   Link #30
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Does Animesuki allows mentions of where to buy bootleg DVDs ?
No we do not. Any such links or suggestions would be deleted.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 09:25   Link #31
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuke
Just wondering if anyone has any comment on the frequency of the Touch releases we've been doing.

Does one episode a day too much / overload the download capacity of those interested in this series? - or would batch torrents be better or less often releases be better ?

If anyone cares, we've got episodes completed up into the 40s at this point ..
Thanks for fansubbing this classic series - I'm already pointing people to try the series. In any case, I have already pre-ordered the Touch R2 DVD-Box

Regarding the release frequency, I very much prefer the single episode release. If one a day is a bit too fast for some, maybe 1 episode every 2 days would help to give the group enough time to sub the rest before the release schedule catches up with your subbing effort.

In addition, the single episode makes it easier for the majority to download and watch rather than wait for quite some time for the large batches to complete the download before they can start watching. The largest batch should be about CD-size to make it more manageable and for some who would want to archive them.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 01:57   Link #32
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Amazon JP has 20% discount on preorders. If we say the exchange rate is 1:109, then (88000*0.8+900)/109 ~ US$ 654. $6.5 per episode cost is almost as good as domestic releases. Geneon 3 episodes releases cost more than that....
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 07:09   Link #33
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

I'd say one episode every 2-3 days would be best - I've got 11 episodes sitting on my HD now that i haven't had a chance to even start, but I've been grabbing it because I don't want to run the risk down the line of not getting seeds. This would give people a chance to find time to watch the releases before grabbing the next one.

Also, please keep putting the LD bumpers on stuff you post, I love those (esp. the original Bandai Emotion one with the flying orbs).
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 09:52   Link #34
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Amazon JP has 20% discount on preorders. If we say the exchange rate is 1:109, then (88000*0.8+900)/109 ~ US$ 654. $6.5 per episode cost is almost as good as domestic releases. Geneon 3 episodes releases cost more than that....
I'm still going to preorder the boxset but the difficulty lies in finding the ~CAD$1000 (after exchange) with tuition and school fees rapidly approaching. ^^:

/me is also saving for the winter session...
Old 2004-08-03, 16:43   Link #35
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Satsuke, thanks for releasing 1 episode per day. I think it's doing good. But would you consider making batch for the older episodes? Say in a month, you gona have 30 more episodes to keep seeding. ^^

I think 10 episodes per batch would be a reasonable number for 101 episodes series. ^^

For people that concern about problems downloading batch torrents, you should try the latest version of Bit Tornado or Azureus. They allow you to customize your download. You can choose which one you want to download first or wich one you don't want to download at all. It's a really nice option.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 21:44   Link #36
chuckly

Question

Hope its ok to post this here but if not I’ll post elsewhere.

Can someone comment on the Central Anime subs and to a lesser extent the general quality of the episodes, compared to the releases from BakaMX & Genbu & Meisei and Crossfade?
chuckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 22:13   Link #37
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckly
Hope its ok to post this here but if not I’ll post elsewhere.

Can someone comment on the Central Anime subs and to a lesser extent the general quality of the episodes, compared to the releases from BakaMX & Genbu & Meisei and Crossfade?
Central Anime is one of the oldest and best fansubbing groups around, going way back to the days of LD, VHS, and Amigas. I haven't watched Touch yet, but I'm willing to bet that the subbing quality is superb, and the encoding quality (based on their encodes of LoGH) to be pretty good, but obviously sourced from analog (which it is).

Personally, I just wish they'd release stuff at 175MB/ep instead of 200ish...for shows this long, 3 eps/CD eats up too many discs and I find myself recompressing it myself anyhow...
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 02:36   Link #38
LArSON
leecher wannabe

Send a message via Yahoo to LArSON
Quote:
Yikes, 92,400 yen.

/me saves his milk money
What's that, like 800 dollars? Man, u can buy an old car with these
LArSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 09:37   Link #39
chuckly

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Central Anime is one of the oldest and best fansubbing groups around, going way back to the days of LD, VHS, and Amigas. I haven't watched Touch yet, but I'm willing to bet that the subbing quality is superb, and the encoding quality (based on their encodes of LoGH) to be pretty good, but obviously sourced from analog (which it is).

Personally, I just wish they'd release stuff at 175MB/ep instead of 200ish...for shows this long, 3 eps/CD eats up too many discs and I find myself recompressing it myself anyhow...
Thanks very much for the comments exedore.
chuckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 20:10   Link #40
Soulfang
Inactive Member

They definitely have the best sub out. The only thing I have a gripe about is the lack of a consistancy of brightness in the encoding :/
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote