AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ plus - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 9 26.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 11.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 14.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 16:23   Link #21
chaos_animagic

It's like every 5 mins... Junichi is thinking about Kaoru being naked or erotic... LOL

Why is Junichi so perverted?.... make it feel like he's only going after the girls for their bodies... >_<
Old 2012-02-24, 18:23   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Indeed. The bickering. That's natural. But it goes to show you what men really shouldn't do: blame his woman over the little things, and just let it go. When they were fighting over the way money was spent -- oh boy. Many divorces have resulted from fights like that; although, they were much more intense and involved higher amounts of money. In this episode, it was merely pocket change.
On hindsight yeah they probably should let certain things go, but you know how these things are more 'in the heat of the moment' and you wouldn't realize your mistakes and how insignificant those things are until later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
It's like every 5 mins... Junichi is thinking about Kaoru being naked or erotic... LOL

Why is Junichi so perverted?.... make it feel like he's only going after the girls for their bodies... >_<
He's an opportunist.

He's this weird mix of pervert and polite.
Old 2012-02-24, 22:11   Link #23
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Premarital sex is pretty normal in this modern times. Anyway I said "probably" in Ai's case. In Haruka's case the writers followed her Best Ending in the game. This is from her MAL profile
Spoiler for game:
So its safe to assume that something happened.

Sheesh this is just a show. There is no need to get serious.
I'm serious with everything. It's just that I'm very tired of that misinterpretation translation that everyone seems to hold up as canon. Most who have seen the scene wouldn't go thinking "oh, they've had sex!", yet that one for some reason has spread around a lot.

Also, the game is set in the early 1990's, which is not exactly the era when premarital sex was as common as it is now. It's starting from the late 1990's that having experience in middle/high school became a near norm.

Basically, saying they would have sex is just ignoring the historical background, the premise of the game, AND forcing one's bias onto the scenario, never mind ignoring the characters' personalities.
Old 2012-02-24, 23:22   Link #24
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm serious with everything. It's just that I'm very tired of that misinterpretation translation that everyone seems to hold up as canon. Most who have seen the scene wouldn't go thinking "oh, they've had sex!", yet that one for some reason has spread around a lot.

Also, the game is set in the early 1990's, which is not exactly the era when premarital sex was as common as it is now. It's starting from the late 1990's that having experience in middle/high school became a near norm.

Basically, saying they would have sex is just ignoring the historical background, the premise of the game, AND forcing one's bias onto the scenario, never mind ignoring the characters' personalities.
At the risk of derailing this thread, I'd like to address this comment.

Knowing the actual history and reality behind something is good, and I actually support full knowledge of as much as possible before making an opinion on anything (for all parties applicable). On that note, you also have to be able to understand arguments in their most basic forms. Which is that people won't care/don't realize that there WAS an original source to begin with. Therefore, what they see becomes the original source. They don't want to consider personalities etc, they just watch what they watch, enjoy it, and accept it at face value.

Also, in the same vein I'm more willing to agree with grandchaos and say that to a casual viewer in today's society, I'd be more inclined to believe that indeed Haruka and Junichi had sex that night. Heck, for all we know that's what the writers of the show had intended, even with knowledge of the original content. After all, it was instantly followed up with them being married (a scenario where sex was yesterday's news).
Old 2012-02-25, 13:22   Link #25
Meltyred

Am I the only one to think Morishima's arc will be about her relationship to Miya?
I mean, that is left hanging still....
Old 2012-02-25, 16:01   Link #26
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Must say as with everyone else it was quite a disappointing end to Kaoru's arc after the episode before.

Will see how Sae's arc starts off otherwise might have to skip it again like in the first season.
Old 2012-02-25, 16:05   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... I wasn't overly disappointed, but I thought they could have done better by Kaoru.

It almost feels as if they studio decided to take a break somehow on this ep. :\

A pity.

I would give ep 8 a 6/10 vote.

Not terrible ... but it could have been a lot better, esp with what they showed they could potentially do in ep 7.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:36   Link #28
Qikz

Best thing about this episode by far was once again Umehara being a total boss.

He's such an amazing character. :P
Old 2012-02-27, 13:41   Link #29
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I watched the two episodes in a row and I literally fell asleep during the second episode, I'm not kidding. I'm starting to believe that overall the 2 eps per girl format isn't working out so great with me.

The Ajatsuji part was good, the Rihoko one managed to add a proper conclusion which was decent but then again it's just Rihoko, who many people stopped caring about after the initial 6 eps. The other two... not so much, it just feels like nothing's happening, and I'm not refering to them keeping the drama level very low - I'm ok with that.

Flower, some time ago, was probably right: my expectations for this miniseries were probably a bit too high. Well, they aren't anymore. Let's see if that helps me enjoy the upcoming episodes more.
Old 2012-02-28, 20:19   Link #30
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I find it funny that Junichi can't get enough of Kaoru's body because he still wants to see through her see-through wet clothes when he saw her butt naked in the hot springs
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2012-02-29, 00:18   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I find it funny that Junichi can't get enough of Kaoru's body because he still wants to see through her see-through wet clothes when he saw her butt naked in the hot springs
Cyz, seeing a girl's naked body is like eating an apple.

Once a day, every day.
Old 2012-02-29, 19:27   Link #32
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Cyz, seeing a girl's naked body is like eating an apple.

Once a day, every day.
Ahahaha, that's true. Seems like Junichi is just following and satisfying his "appetite" to such "apple."
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2012-03-02, 16:29   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Omg, Kaoru's the fucking bomb. So damn adorable!

And wtf, Umehara! What a friend, that guy is.
Closed Thread