AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-26, 09:37   Link #39961
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

An extremely volatile character that can potentially be the center of various hilarious/extreme berserk moments. That's how I would see it

Also, just to add on the surviving part:

Spoiler for Hospital:

Not sure if I should feel terrible for even including the "involved" part in there...
Old 2013-01-26, 09:40   Link #39962
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Hmmm... what if there were a character that was practically evil violent slavedriver when sleep deprived, perfectly adorable and fresh when well rested?
Adorable as default personality except that the character is more irritable when sleep-derived than others.

But ....

Slave driver is kind of over-doing it (I think it is kind of hard to be slave driver when you are sleep derived....usually people are tired, they throw decision-making out of the window.)

So it is more like annoyed and short-tempered....
Old 2013-01-26, 10:10   Link #39963
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: then I take it she doesn't seem all that likable?

@age: Reversed. She's usually sleep deprived.

Then I can just use it as an excuse to make her smarter during the morning

She knows where to dedicate the remains of whatever sanity and brain processes she has. She usually doesn't give one wit about anyone else's problems cause it makes her head hurt to think about them. She just sets a certain number of goals and she gets them done. In sleep-deprived state, she is rarely pleasant.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:14   Link #39964
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Darkhorse or straight scrappy, pick your poison.

Remember nice girl is the LEAST boring in this verse, the amount of unpleasant girl does not help the social stigma
Old 2013-01-26, 10:19   Link #39965
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Funny thing is, she is domineering against the elder harem. Mostly since they answer to her as their manager.

I guess she could be somewhat civil to guests. But God bless the souls under her employment or rank...
Old 2013-01-26, 10:20   Link #39966
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@stratos: then I take it she doesn't seem all that likable?
Who now? The crazy-when-sleep-deprived one?

I wouldn't say she's not likable. She can be as long as she stays on the extreme ends of the spectrum. When she's angry, she's Hulk-angry. When she's calm, she's a saint.

Something like that makes the character stand out more.
Old 2013-01-26, 10:25   Link #39967
agetreme
Just another Idiot

-_-

any rate....

I think she has a few screw loose in her head because.....

If she is really that smart and know how to manage her priority right... I can't see a reason for somebody like her to be sleep- deprived.

Nobody in their right mind would go on days without sleeping because it is really hard to concentrate while you are sleep deprived (I know because I slept 5 hours a day sometimes and drink 3 cups of coffee a day just to keep myself awake).

If you know truly your priority,you should know that being sleep deprived, will only make your work drag longer and harder rather than shorter and easier. (Long working hour != productivity....)

Unless she is an artist.... and fears that the inspiration would go away when she sleep.

Another sane reason to go sleep-deprived is when you are operating within a deadline (it can't be helped)
Old 2013-01-26, 10:30   Link #39968
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: More like utterly bipolar to the point of practically having two personalities. She's like Kokonoe from Blazblue when sleep deprived and more like Charlotte sans violent tendencies when not.

@age: She's head of research and manager of Chifuyu and Maya all at the same time. She handles all testing and logistics of materials sent to be tested in their lab. She also has to manage PR for mainly Chifuyu who is the prize pilot with the title of world's strongest IS pilot and former Brunhilde. If anything, she got shacked up with jobs that keep her up at night more so than an artist.
Old 2013-01-26, 10:37   Link #39969
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
@age: She's head of research and manager of Chifuyu and Maya all at the same time. She handles all testing and logistics of materials sent to be tested in their lab. She also has to manage PR for mainly Chifuyu who is the prize pilot with the title of world's strongest IS pilot and former Brunhilde. If anything, she got shacked up with jobs that keep her up at night more so than an artist.
*shurg*

Whatever, your call.

But still feel a little weird (can't put it into words.... I will probably go to sleep and think about this).
Old 2013-01-26, 10:38   Link #39970
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Lolwut:
Old 2013-01-26, 11:25   Link #39971
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and I thought my material was offensive

Just kidding. carry on man.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:43   Link #39972
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, the conversation after that turned into more emotional because Ichika can see FemIchika being traumatized by the revolution, but at the same time, FemIchika also knew Ichika had suffered a lot prior to him being founded as male I.S. pilot... and after (being the straight woman of the group, she saw harem violence as unfunny when it went too far). Cue sexual tension.

I also excludes themes like rape, torture, and extortion out of the draft, too direct
Old 2013-01-26, 12:01   Link #39973
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*Shrug* I just imagined the conversation dry for such a supposedly heavy topic. I would've been fine if it was Squall and Autumn talking but... dual Ichikas who are supposedly 2 of the nicest beings in existence. Well there's a first time for everything. That or my imagination isn't as active as it usually is.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:14   Link #39974
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Ichika mentioned 'male slavery' offhandledly in canon, then again, that's where it's faulty, where I play this for drama: they hide their emotion all too well, except anger that is.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:29   Link #39975
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wow... I'm glad I misunderstood Ichika in my renditions. Canon can have that soulless Ichika.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:58   Link #39976
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It gets veeery complicated when their relationship grew though, especially since BOTH of them feign ignorance while everyone can... well, see it. Chifuyu's neutrality did NOT help at all.

Not to mention all the tension in the name of GSA phenomenon, and the accidental (mostly) perversion.
Old 2013-01-26, 23:14   Link #39977
Eratas123

Should I make a new chapter today or next week? I already made one for Dark of Zero the past 2 days.
Old 2013-01-26, 23:45   Link #39978
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Up to you really.

-----

For culture festival, the two Ichika play Hansel and Gretel. Because Cinderella/Snow White play result in everyone want to be the main heroine. As the result, they made a short film instead. (in the vein of 2013 Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter, and involvement of I.S. meant more stuff to blow -it's 3D simulator but still-, cue hilarity)

But of course, then wincest vibe kick the high gear. This is, of course, lampshaded awesomely by the Father (played by Dan) after he kicked many, MANY ass included his own badass child-abusing wife and many other witches, just so that he could find the twins.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-27 at 05:10.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 05:49   Link #39979
demino_hellsin
That one guy

child abusing wife?

How badly would it go if Laura's first meeting with Aries is actually sticking her knife hilt deep in his gut?

EDIT: Dropping Plot Bunny
Spoiler for premise:

Spoiler for synopsis:

Spoiler for Story:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-01-27 at 10:53.
Old 2013-01-27, 21:02   Link #39980
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
child abusing wife?
Typical Fairytale Evil Stepmother™

Quote:
How badly would it go if Laura's first meeting with Aries is actually sticking her knife hilt deep in his gut?
I don't even WANT to know how it comes to that, so please don't tell me, but here's my two cent for you to think.

1. Decide whether the situation is serious or comical
2a. If it's serious, considering it's done outside field, damn well there will be hell to pay for Laura's action. besides, I am not sure if Laura can be that reckless knowing she's a trained soldier. (her torture of Cecilia and Rin is a loophole abuse)
2b. If it's comical, above can be ruled out for Harem Protagonist Unified Insurance™, however mortal injuries not included in the policy (unless comically advanced recovery method is there, reference: Dokuro-chan) so it's a moot.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-27 at 21:14.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest