AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 45 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 32.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-06, 00:10   Link #41
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Wrong series!
Here is your sub-forum:
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdis...ysprune=&f=129
Edited. Thanks
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 00:33   Link #42
OverNOut
The Obsever

Nice episode but its still slow and the next one looks like its gonna be equally as slow.
Its nice that they explained the whole Misaka 10031 and Misaka 10032 thing if not people might get confused again.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:36   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn, things just keep going further into the dark for Mikoto. At that point I really could feel the despair. Shutting this thing down just seems far beyond what she can do, but she can't turn away from it. She's already been run into the ground and mentally exhausted knowing every second she isn't solving this problem is a moment closer to another Sister getting killed.

That first experiment with Accelerator was interesting. Showed how detached he's become. He was legitimately affected by that first one. But at this point he can just blow them up or whatever.

Both Touma and Mikoto had horrible sights to witness. Mikoto helpless to stop another death and Touma...seeing the aftermath.
Old 2013-07-06, 02:10   Link #44
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn, things just keep going further into the dark for Mikoto. At that point I really could feel the despair. Shutting this thing down just seems far beyond what she can do, but she can't turn away from it. She's already been run into the ground and mentally exhausted knowing every second she isn't solving this problem is a moment closer to another Sister getting killed.

That first experiment with Accelerator was interesting. Showed how detached he's become. He was legitimately affected by that first one. But at this point he can just blow them up or whatever.

Both Touma and Mikoto had horrible sights to witness. Mikoto helpless to stop another death and Touma...seeing the aftermath.
Let just say Touma has seen his fair of the grotesqueness in this timeline ... yup this arc is all about Mikoto's despair Imouto's apathy on their lives the tip of the iceberg of darkside of AC
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 02:32   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Nice episode but its still slow and the next one looks like its gonna be equally as slow.
Its nice that they explained the whole Misaka 10031 and Misaka 10032 thing if not people might get confused again.
That's fine and all but there sure is a large number of "unclassified" information that they could divulge in this version...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 02:41   Link #46
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Let just say Touma has seen his fair of the grotesqueness in this timeline ... yup this arc is all about Mikoto's despair Imouto's apathy on their lives the tip of the iceberg of darkside of AC
Touma here is a blank slate. Though not that different from the first incarnation.

You can take his memories and still be the same guy.

Which is why he can easily fool Mikoto.

But Touma cares whether she is a link to his past or not.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 02:49   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Touma here is a blank slate. Though not that different from the first incarnation.

You can take his memories and still be the same guy.

Which is why he can easily fool Mikoto.

But Touma cares whether she is a link to his past or not.
Actually, before this Kamijou did have a certain other incident...

Also, another reason he can fool Mikoto is because... Lets face it, she didn't exactly know him that well.
Old 2013-07-06, 03:17   Link #48
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

It's quite obvious after watching this episode, smack bang at the halfway point, that JC Staff have busted their arses to make sure this was done properly and they've done an amazing job.

If this is the sort of thing we can expect from them now, I think I speak for every Raildex veteran when I say that I've never wanted Season 3 of Index more than I do now, and my fellow Raildex veterans know exactly why.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 03:44   Link #49
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The long Index hate discussion above me is really funny

I didn't think anyone could actually hate Touma so far here... I guess I was wrong He didn't even do anything wrong yet, so I don't see would anyone would be mad at him... Also, isn't any mention of future events a spoiler? I feel like there are so many spoilers in this thread it is somewhat ridiculous... You guys should tone it down. Some people still aren't sure about what is going to happen...

From the episode preview, I do know that next episode is probably going to be my favorite episode of this season though 12/10 (literally if executed perfectly).

Anyways, moving onto critiquing this episode:

I've already seen it 6 times. The stream 2 times. The raw 2 times. The subtitles 2 times. I've noticed a lot of details in this episode.

1st big comment: the scene with Mikoto's psychosis (talking to herself) was perfect. This was better than perfect. It was at the same level as Key-work if you get what I'm saying. This was perfectly done. Her despair reached a new peak and she couldn't handle it anymore and cracked under the pressure. She has slowly lost her ability to think rationally. We see this when she only talks about destroying everything related to the experiment: destruction.

Mikoto is temporarily (or longer than that) turning into an anti-hero. She's definitely not worthy of having the title of the person who destroys AC and being called perfect. This wouldn't end happily if she did things herself.

The first season of Railgun was about how Mikoto learned to rely on her friends and work together with them in order to overcome difficult challenges. This season, her friendship convinced Mikoto, not to involve her friends. This is why we can easily surmise that Mikoto needs to overcome this cherished protection of her friends in order to be able to solve the problem. This means she can either get her friends' help or Touma's help. Touma is already involved and seems to be asking her the details about the experiment next episode from the preview.

For this obvious reason, it seems good that Touma seems to be stepping in. Mikoto needs to rely on others and not do everything herself. It is bad to do everything yourself. If you do, you end up in the hospital every arc...

Mikoto is herself when she is not doing things by herself. She has a tendency to try to do things alone, but her personality "shines" when she is doing things in tandem with others. This is why she should get another persons' help whether it's Shirai's, Touma's, Kazari's, or Ruiko's help. (sorry for ranting xD)

OK:

OSTs this episode: 11/10 no joke. They had the same OST as the end of episode 5 for her crazy scene. This made that scene PERFECT 11/10.

Animation this episode: 11/10. This was significantly better than other episodes which I've already given a 10. So I'm giving this animation an 11/10. This was better than the ITEM arc and everything else in Railgun S except the opening. It's on par with the opening graphics (which says something pretty good about this episode).

Content this episode: The Touma scenes were great. Before I read all of the Touma hate... I was going to say: I like Touma here more than Index 1,2. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it's not the preaching... it's something else. (the animation quality obviously helps though ).

This episode was called One-way road which is the Japanese etymology for Accelerator. This episode was therefore about him.

I really liked the way they showed how Accelerator seemed normal when he started the experiment. He almost said he was looking forward to training with another level 5 Considering this, he really was a lot more humble and mellow. He was not so arrogant. He also seemed to be somewhat nice... I mean, he did show MISAKA 1 a thing or two, but he didn't want to kill her obviously. I think I now see that he decided to agree with the fact that the clones are dolls merely because MISAKA 1 killed herself "because of Accelerator" because his reflect is on auto-pilot when he wasn't looking, so he didn't want to accept that he had killed a person. That's kind of nice. I never actually recognized this before.... I just thought that Accelerator thought that the clones were dolls because he was told this, not because of the psychological reason that believing this fact would mean that he wasn't a killer instead of being one...

(seeing that flashback, I doubt he was a killer back then or had purposely killed anyone. I don't think he had killed anyone either. He seemed mentally stable and was shocked at MISAKA 1's death).

Going back to the MISAKA 10031 scene... this was even more emotional than expected.

Mikoto watched 10031 die. I'm not sure if she knows that the MISAKA that died was the one she told to get out of her sight. She might know... if so... that would have made it even more painful... That sight was painful... This season really is excellent.

People really should give J.C. staff more credit here, this was an excellent adaptation, top-quality.

After 6 times watching it, it only got better.

The most tantalizing part of the episode of course it how it ends: Touma going to Mikoto's room... and Mikoto recognizing how to stop the experiment after hearing the phrase: "induce a level 6 shift by killing railgun 128 times..."

It's obvious these two things are ominous. This is what I've waited for since the beginning of the season and I was not disappointed. This was simply magnificent. I hope they finish the arc this well: (no wise-cracks about whoever is involved in it). This was just good story placement.

@GoddyofAus yes
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 04:29   Link #50
Arararagi-Senpai

It was a nice episode. You truly felt Misaka's despair not being able to save the Sisters. And that flashback when accelerator participated in the first experiment was interesting. He wasn't always a psyco killer, when he killed MISAKA, he was legitimately affected. It actually made me feel bad for him, just in that moment.

As for the rest of the episode, it's pretty much a retread of Index, so nothing to say in that regard.
Arararagi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:32   Link #51
Draco Spirit

Another good episode, similar to early episodes, what there trying to do, is to add layers to the story, Railguns mental breakdown is great to watch.

Spoiler for Comparison to Index novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-06 at 22:08.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:51   Link #52
Hamster

Maybe Misaka should just...you know... ask Accelerator to stop killing her sisters.

Japanese always seem to do things in a round about way when all they have to do is tell the person directly.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:56   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Another good episode, similar to early episodes, what there trying to do, is to add layers to the story, Railguns mental breakdown is great to watch.

Started reading the Index novels recently, and its interesting to contrast they way the handle then scene with 10031 corpse, with the novel describing it in gory details, but Railgun S using the blood on the camera and Toma scream to imply the horrid details instead.

Which is a way to show the scenes impact without getting this episode made a 15
I'll be very disappointed if THAT is the 'purple stuff' which Kamijou saw...
Old 2013-07-06, 09:03   Link #54
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Maybe Misaka should just...you know... ask Accelerator to stop killing her sisters.

Japanese always seem to do things in a round about way when all they have to do is tell the person directly.
It's not really that simple. We know that Accelerator is subconsciously very conflicted, but to Misaka he's just the dirtbag killing her sisters.

Quote:
Spoiler for Comparison to Index novels:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-06 at 22:09.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:09   Link #55
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It's not really that simple. We know that Accelerator is subconsciously very conflicted, but to Misaka he's just the dirtbag killing her sisters.
Its worse when the first thing she do is attack him and throw all the blame on him .

But yeah, if she asked him to stop there was a high chance he will consider it a lot.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-06 at 22:10. Reason: edit out comparisons
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:43   Link #56
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its worse when the first thing she do is attack him and throw all the blame on him .

But yeah, if she asked him to stop there was a high chance he will consider it a lot.
given the situation, Accel killing the clone without hesitation and Mikoto saw what happen , i think it's not possible

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-06 at 22:10. Reason: edit quote
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 11:02   Link #57
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

I'm seriously starting to doubt the sisters really learn from previous battle with Accelerator. I mean over 10000 deaths later and they're still using guns and going wtf when it doesn't work.

Last edited by lazydoggamer; 2013-07-06 at 12:24.
lazydoggamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 11:21   Link #58
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
I'm seriously starting to doubt the sisters really learn from previous battle with Accelerator. I mean over 10000 deaths later and they're stilling using guns and going wtf when it doesn't work.
well what do you expect from clones =D
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 11:51   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
given the situation, Accel killing the clone without hesitation and Mikoto saw what happen , i think it's not possible
I don't recall anyone being present and telling him to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
I'm seriously starting to doubt the sisters really learn from previous battle with Accelerator. I mean over 10000 deaths later and they're stilling using guns and going wtf when it doesn't work.
Now can you blame Accelerator for thinking something isn't right with them?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 12:52   Link #60
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Mikoto was so badass this episode I had to take screenshots.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood bath