AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-27, 19:19   Link #1481
Kmos

Ouch Rondo out for rest of season, torn ACL. Very nice win vs Heat today though.
Bulls are handling Rose's recovery delicately and have once again risen to the challenge while their star players out. They are resilient, but without Brian Scalabrine they can't win championships.

Yea, Lakers are looking pretty terrible, but can't count them out of making playoffs. Looks like they're turning it around and could be one of those teams that return after All Stars break winning, plenty of time for them.

Knicks... They still don't look great to me, but it's still early with Stoudemire and Shumpert coming back from injuries. I hope they make conference finals is all.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:45   Link #1482
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i saw the Lakers game yesterday vs. OKC. they did a good job! hopefully the Lakers
can keep at it.

my favorite team, the Clippers, has been on losing streak ever since Chris Paul has his injury.
i was bore with seeing them losing so much that i didnt bother watching them anymore. i'll
probably watch again once Chris Paul is back again. the Clippers just not themselve lately
and has been playing a sucky basketball game.

and wow, the Warriors has been kicking a lot of butts at their homecourt. they're
making them 3 pts. WAY too much.

EDIT: sorry to hear about Rondo. i dont really like the guy much because he has such a hot temper, but
i do respect him as a basketball player. he is just REALLY good. Celtics are going to have to work
even harder worker him now...yikes.
Old 2013-01-28, 22:52   Link #1483
takai
Easy Muffin

Surprised I didn't see this thread earlier.

I'm a Lakers fan, and I'm glad to see us finally get a dominant win against a strong team. Hopefully we keep the streak going.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 22:59   Link #1484
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Surprised I didn't see this thread earlier.

I'm a Lakers fan, and I'm glad to see us finally get a dominant win against a strong team. Hopefully we keep the streak going.
I am a Lakers' fan as well. Things were not going too well earlier, but it appears that chemistry is finally forming. Lets see how it goes after 3 more games, Steve Blake is said to make the line up on Tuesday's game. Hopefully Mike has a solid rotation in place. Jamison and Meeks deserves more minutes. Trade deadline is coming soon as well, maybe there will be trades soon.

A side note, you know about the hiring of Mike over Phil. Jeannie and Jim are not on speaking terms for a while, like none whatsoever.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 23:20   Link #1485
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am a Lakers' fan as well. Things were not going too well earlier, but it appears that chemistry is finally forming. Lets see how it goes after 3 more games, Steve Blake is said to make the line up on Tuesday's game. Hopefully Mike has a solid rotation in place. Jamison and Meeks deserves more minutes. Trade deadline is coming soon as well, maybe there will be trades soon.

A side note, you know about the hiring of Mike over Phil. Jeannie and Jim are not on speaking terms for a while, like none whatsoever.
I think at this point Kobe is willing to not be less of the star and more of a team player. Dishing the ball out like he did the other day. Not to say that he is indeed the star, but he said he's willing to do what it takes to win.

I just have this really positive feeling that it's nothing but up from here.
Old 2013-02-10, 20:06   Link #1486
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

All Star Week is coming soon. What is everyone's thoughts on the season thus far.
Old 2013-02-18, 12:52   Link #1487
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i'm rooting for LA Clippers! hope they win champion this year. they're my favorite team.
i use to cheer for Lakers, but now, they SUCK too much...so i'm changing to Clippers.
the Clippers made it more FUN for me to watch basketball because they're young
and energetic. Lakers on the other hand, is boring as hell to watch...

i watch the All Star match yesterday. it was a battle of Lebron and Kevin Durant for the MVP.
but the one winning it was Chris Paul! way to go man. first Clippers to win a MVP title in an
all star game. it was fun seeing Blake doing his stuffs and Chris Paul running the assists. ^____^
Old 2013-02-19, 13:39   Link #1488
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
All Star Week is coming soon. What is everyone's thoughts on the season thus far.
The Heat coasted through the first half of the season but I hope they ramp up the intensity in the second half. Hoping my man Wade stays healthy as well. As it stands now, Indy's the only team truly standing in their way to a title. On second thought, the Knicks could be seriously trouble too.

As usual, the West is wide open.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2013-02-19 at 18:31.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 23:45   Link #1489
peachfuzz

the All Star Weekend & game Just suck all around.

East belong to the Heat King James MVP. Can't the knicks moving from the 1st round Again in these Playoffs

West is between the Spurs & thunder
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 18:37   Link #1490
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

"poor Blake Griffin"
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
OKC sweeping the Clippers 3-0. i hope OKC doesnt sweep them in the playoff too.
Old 2013-03-05, 18:04   Link #1491
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
"poor Blake Griffin"
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
OKC sweeping the Clippers 3-0. i hope OKC doesnt sweep them in the playoff too.
Jesus, the NBA just announce the punishment for "that" and it is only a 25,000 fine. I was astonish, no take that back, I should have expected that the officials of the NBA would do so. Wouldn't make good business if they suspend Ibaka for a game or so, especially against the Lakers which is playing on TNT tonight.

I will admit I am biased because I am a Lakers' fan but I am pretty sure many feel that the punishment for Ibaka is way under what is deserved.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:14   Link #1492
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ so Ibaka not getting suspended on the game today against Lakers? i believe they upgraded
his Flagrant 1 to Flagrant 2 today, but didnt say anything if he is suspended today.

i actually have a lot of respect for Ibaka. i thought he is a very awesome center
and awesome blocker. he didnt really have to intentionally punch Blake down there though. it was so
dirty of him.

and man, $25,000 for them NBA players are probably nothing to them. that is like
a year worth of wage for most of us.

EDIT: i'm going to watch a little Laker's basketball tonight. we'll see if Ibaka is still around then.
if he's still around, i hope he punch World Peace in the groin too! lol. *joking*

EDIT 2: dang, neither Clippers nor Lakers could stop OKC. Lakers give their all, but OKC
is a scoring machine team. you just cant win against them in scoring. OKC wins again...ouch.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-03-06 at 01:20.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 16:58   Link #1493
Kmos

Playoffs have started!

Knicks off to a decent win for a start. J Kidd still great on the court. This could be a 6 game series though.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:49   Link #1494
Xagzan

Jason Kidd, it's like watching an expert craftsman. He just knows all the plays, can anticipate where players and the ball are going to be in a second. It's inspired.

Knicks really struggled with that one though, all the way till about halfway through the fourth. Boston defense was just too smothering, Melo was taking too many bad shots, terrible defense allowed for easy layups, Green was hitting everything, and they just couldn't hold a lead. Luckily for them, Doc didn't seem to use his bench that much, so by that point in the 4th quarter, his starters looked like they were running on empty, and combined with how NY shored up the weak spots in their defense, it allowed NY to pull themselves back. That assist from Melo to K-Mart for the And One, his only assist of the game, funny enough, was huge, as was Kidd, keeping Boston to 8 points in the last quarter, to match 8 turnovers.

It was a good win, but if they want to take the series, NY is going to have to account for that impenetrable Boston defense, which I'm predicting only gets stronger. If the Celtics want to win, they need more contributions from their bench to match the Knicks' PPG--otherwise, they did just about everything right this game, and looked like they would pull it off right until the end.

Meanwhile, Nets just smoked the Bulls, who played like a team that forgot they were in the playoffs

Edit: So, 6 games so far, not one home team loss.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2013-04-21 at 15:22.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:04   Link #1495
sky black swordman

So the LA lost it's first game of the playoffs to the Spurs 79-91. Even though it was the first game I'm having a bit of a hard time believing that they will go far in the playoffs without Kobe. It's possible they may go down by game 4 or 5.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:17   Link #1496
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
So the LA lost it's first game of the playoffs to the Spurs 79-91. Even though it was the first game I'm having a bit of a hard time believing that they will go far in the playoffs without Kobe. It's possible they may go down by game 4 or 5.
It was a shaky game for us to say the least. But if we can manage to pull one out in game 2, then we have 2 straight games at Staples where we could make it 3-1.

I'm not trying to rip the Spurs, but the Lakers had an off day today. And even then we stayed fairly close until the end.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:39   Link #1497
Xagzan

Home teams are 8/8!

Quite a few blowouts, making it look like Sir Charles was right in his opinion that this will be a rather sad first round

As for the Lakers, don't forget they did win that last regular season game against SA, without Kobe. If they can get back to how they played then, which, to quote Kobe's tweet, was "Post post post," they might have a chance, at least in this first round.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:16   Link #1498
judasmartel
*Author

Finally, the road team won. The Bulls defeated the Nets, 90-82. 1-1 BKN-CHI now, CHI just needs to win the 2 home games to make it 3-1 in their favor.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 13:53   Link #1499
Xagzan

Well, Nets are a decent road team, but the Bulls did win their season series. So, who knows what could happen in front of that wild United Center crowd?
Old 2013-04-24, 13:42   Link #1500
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Golden State played great last night Barnes was amazing.