AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 11:24   Link #141
Blaat

Am I the only one who takes the episode preview in which the three girls barge in Satoru's room, who ends up having a shocked face, out of context?
Old 2013-11-04, 11:42   Link #142
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
.... This is definitely a show where cynicism needs to be checked at the door - kindness and respect for life are their own reward here, yet yield rewards above and beyond the act itself. It's the combination of Buddhist compassion and Shinto reverence for nature that are so intertwined in the Japanese spirituality, and the fact they're so much under threat in the modern world is why, I suspect, series like Gingitsune and Natsume Yuujinchou resonate as much as they do.
That is it - you have well articulated exactly the very thing that I love seeing in both this and other series to a "t".

If I were sitting with you in a coffee shop I would have just jumped up out of my chair and yelled "Sore da!", grabbed your hands and began to shake them up and down while shouting "You got it! You got it! You got it!"

Of course then I'd calm down and re-take my seat and sip the coffee again. ^^
Old 2013-11-04, 18:09   Link #143
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
That is it - you have well articulated exactly the very thing that I love seeing in both this and other series to a "t".

If I were sitting with you in a coffee shop I would have just jumped up out of my chair and yelled "Sore da!", grabbed your hands and began to shake them up and down while shouting "You got it! You got it! You got it!"

Of course then I'd calm down and re-take my seat and sip the coffee again. ^^
At that point I'd make you buy me a scone as compensation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 18:18   Link #144
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To me, she just behaved like a kid. There was nothing typically female about her behavior. And the subs referred to her as male so I never really questioned her gender. Seems like I'm not the only one.
Maybe I'm just a perverted but first impression of Haru was "tsundere girl is jealous because her guy have to live with another girl". And I'm not the only one judging from posts(didn't check here but some people wrote the same on MAL).

So I never doubted her gender and found it strange that anyone called her male in the subs(I didn't even understood that her gender wasn't clear from the start).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 20:49   Link #145
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Maybe I'm just a perverted but first impression of Haru was "tsundere girl is jealous because her guy have to live with another girl". And I'm not the only one judging from posts(didn't check here but some people wrote the same on MAL).

So I never doubted her gender and found it strange that anyone called her male in the subs(I didn't even understood that her gender wasn't clear from the start).
Well, once she yelled 'I"M A GIRL!' then I was like, "OOOOOOOOH SHE GOT MORE THAN PROTECTIVE FEELINGS FOR SATORU' and is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at Makoto
Old 2013-11-05, 12:55   Link #146
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
At that point I'd make you buy me a scone as compensation.

Deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Well, once she yelled 'I"M A GIRL!' then I was like, "OOOOOOOOH SHE GOT MORE THAN PROTECTIVE FEELINGS FOR SATORU' and is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at Makoto
Yup. I thought the same thing.

Another thing that I was wondering about is Gin's partner. It seems he is still alive. At the other shrine after Otomatsu's partner died within a month Haru was ... err ... "elected" to take his partner's place, but nothing like that has happened to Gin. I wonder if his old partner will show up later on as a catalyst for Haru to return to her old shrine where she was "elected" or something?

Also - it mentioned Otomatsu's partner "died". I assume of old age or something as opposed to violence or accident? There is a lot about the heralds that is not spelled out....
Old 2013-11-05, 18:24   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was interesting - how does it work for a Herald to pass away?
Old 2013-11-05, 23:06   Link #148
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was blindsided by that revelation.

Yes, Gin-san is the best tsundere of the season, but then I tend to prefer male tsundere's and don't generally like female ones.

Quote:
That was interesting - how does it work for a Herald to pass away?
I was wondering that to. I know they mentioned before that if a Herald is away from their Shrine they'll disappear. But as we saw with Haru, she's already dead, and apparently Gin to from the few flashbacks we've seen, so how can they die again.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 00:57   Link #149
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I was wondering that to. I know they mentioned before that if a Herald is away from their Shrine they'll disappear. But as we saw with Haru, she's already dead, and apparently Gin to from the few flashbacks we've seen, so how can they die again.
Maybe it's thru lack of spirit energy if they are away from a shrine like what happened to the turtle Herald.
Old 2013-11-06, 01:04   Link #150
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm... well, Otomatsu didn't mention anything about his partner going anywhere. And while being away from the shrine a herald is attatched to could be one way to go (they were certainly worried something would happen to Haru), nothinqg has been said about Gin's partner vanishing or such, even thoug he left the shrine... of course it is possible he did vanish and Haru is ultimately Gin's old partner's "replacement". But it is also possible Gin's partner has not vanished for some odd reason as well. I wonder whether or no the partner of a herald immediately senses the other's death or something?
Old 2013-11-06, 01:07   Link #151
deadite

Hope this becomes incentive to get the manga translated... So popular in Japan yet no scanlations..
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 01:18   Link #152
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Hope this becomes incentive to get the manga translated... So popular in Japan yet no scanlations..
Is it? TBH I don't remember seeing it highly ranked on any bestseller lists.
Old 2013-11-06, 02:40   Link #153
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Is it? TBH I don't remember seeing it highly ranked on any bestseller lists.
Currently ranking at #39 with a little over 59k units sold for volume 10. Not exactly a bestseller by any means, nor am I sure how that compares to previous volumes, not to mention if subsequent volumes will also rank, but it's there.

Anyway, episode 5 was the best so far. Count me in as another guy who was blown away by Haru's true gender. For a girl, she didn't really act all that feminine to me, more like a spoiled child who'd throw temper tantrums if it didn't get its way. It does put her behavior in a whole new light, though.

The bit where Satoru made up with Haru really moved me, which I didn't really expect from a show that seemed only mildly serious when I started watching it.
Old 2013-11-06, 13:07   Link #154
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Anyone else listened to the full version of the OP btw? The lead singer certainly is vigorous....
Old 2013-11-10, 14:20   Link #155
Blaat

For a second there I thought I was watching an episode of Watamote.

Also I can't blame Funabashi for crushing on Saeki's dad, great fathers are such a rarity in anime.
Old 2013-11-10, 14:41   Link #156
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 14:52   Link #157
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Agreed about the rarity of great father figures.

Anyhoo, just finished ep 6 and am honestly surprised, though in a good way. It tackled some pretty common issues that people carry around with themselves, issues that... well... "matter" I guess. Especially the part about putting up walls - kinda thought provoking actually.

And yet there were many other things it was able to continue or carry on (like the wistfulness of the heralds in their interactions with humans, to name one), yet it did so in a very quiet, almost "stealthy" way; things that were easy to miss, and possibly take for granted easily, but are there affecting the viewer nonetheless... unobtrusive and yet influential in ways about things we should perhaps think about more.

It's kinda rare to see such a content-filled gentle touch.

Heh, not sure if I am making sense here. But needless to say I liked ep 6 as well....
Old 2013-11-10, 17:08   Link #158
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 6

That was absolutely fantastic. Loads of depth added to both Satoru and Haru but Gin still still manages to get the best lines. The wisdom he shared with Haru was very perceptive. And the humor is adorable as always: I loved how Makoto compared messing with Gin to playing with a cat. This show just continues to get better and better and it's reaching new heights...

...I hate it even more...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 18:01   Link #159
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamn it, I'm waiting for Gin to go, 'NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTT TTTTTT BBBBBBBBBBBBBEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH'
Old 2013-11-10, 18:27   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was sweet to see Satoru slowly open up to others. I was afraid Haru would get jealous (especially since the people he's getting friendly with are all girls) but she understood thanks to Gin that it was for the best and was able to rejoice for him from the bottom of her heart. Her relationship with Satoru is really heartwarming.

Gin didn't have much screentime but he still managed to make a big impression on me as usual. There's a lot of wisdom hiding underneath that tsundereness.

Tags
fantasy, shrine maiden, slice of life