Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 12:18   Link #201
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Remember the PSP Go? That should tell you how Sony feels about rewarding the few people that actually went to the trouble of not pirating on the PSP.
Is it me or people keep thinking Sony doesn't learn? The Vita is already a step up from most of Sony's policy recently, and people still think Sony is stupid like that?
Old 2011-06-13, 14:16   Link #202
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is it me or people keep thinking Sony doesn't learn? The Vita is already a step up from most of Sony's policy recently, and people still think Sony is stupid like that?
Hey I have a Go and I actually like it (I also got it on a bargain with 10 free games so not complaining) but it does annoy me a bit that the games I legally purchased in UMD have to be re-bough for twice the price or more. And I won't even talk about the lack of imports.

Anyway I only pointed out the Go as an example of what Sony is likely to do in regards to old UMD games: absolutely nothing. If you bought the games on PSN good for you, you get them on the Vita as well. If you bought them on UMD on the other hand you better keep your old PSP cause that's the only way to play them.
Old 2011-06-13, 14:42   Link #203
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hey I have a Go and I actually like it (I also got it on a bargain with 10 free games so not complaining) but it does annoy me a bit that the games I legally purchased in UMD have to be re-bough for twice the price or more. And I won't even talk about the lack of imports.
I really feel the same. I only have the normal UMD one, but I really doubt Sony will be so nice as letting me port my UMDs. It's not even like it's so hard to get them into digital format ....
But they'll just say "It's a new console, we don't care about the old, failed format! You can buy it AGAIN in the store."

I like to revisit my games, so I love backwards compatibilty D:
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 18:56   Link #204
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I like to revisit my games
I imagine their response to this would be along the lines of, "Then keep the system." If I recall, that was the basic feeling among many people when the 3DS was revealed to not be able to play GBA games.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 21:11   Link #205
Undertaker

Go was a nice idea, just poorly executed and I loved my go until recently when I sold it in preparation of Vita.

Since Go came out I've actually start to only purchase the digital version just because I sense the shift of what all major players were thinking.

My grips with this is that price drop on older games were to slow and that physical games starts to have extra contents bundled in (OST) for the same price where personally I think the digital version should be $5-10 cheaper to begin with.

And my biggest grip was that unlike how Sony stated before that older PSP game will eventually be on PS Store, we haven't see any 3rd party supporting that. As result I'm stuck with UMD version of older games that I would be willing to trade in and even pay a few more bucks to turn it into digital. (Already done that with the few transition games that I own that have the digital counterpart)
Old 2011-06-13, 23:25   Link #206
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I imagine their response to this would be along the lines of, "Then keep the system." If I recall, that was the basic feeling among many people when the 3DS was revealed to not be able to play GBA games.
Yeah. that's what I'll do. My little white princess will be happy I'm not trading her in XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
As result I'm stuck with UMD version of older games that I would be willing to trade in and even pay a few more bucks to turn it into digital. (Already done that with the few transition games that I own that have the digital counterpart)
Well you can digitalize your UMDs yourself easily ... if your PSP is hacked that is. But I doubt the file will work on the vita
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 00:33   Link #207
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

Well you can digitalize your UMDs yourself easily ... if your PSP is hacked that is. But I doubt the file will work on the vita

That's my point, but being a Sony whore, I rather not having to go to that route all the time.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:11   Link #208
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

List of games so far

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 15:55   Link #209
ramengud

Nice list and with trailers too.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:30   Link #210
Sides

Rumour are that Vita will be release in the US in october, IIRC that the other big holiday the american have, where kids get money.
Funnily enough some UK retailer have it listed for either the the 28/Oct or 01/Sep, blockbuster and gamestop.co.uk.

engadget are reporting that current design has passed the FCC process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
Many people actually glad that Sony ditched the UMD format (since to be honest I also found it troublesome).
Although I hated the UMD, it did one thing good for the PSP. 3rd parties were able to bring games, mostly ports, to the psp for cheap, because of material and manufacturing cost, besides sony lowering the fees for it after a while.
Question is, will DD become the dominant way for 3rd parties to publish their game on the Vita. Pretty sure the costs for Vita's NVG cards are higher than UMD.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 18:53   Link #211
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's pretty close if true. With a birthday in November might be able to get some cash to help get one .

Have to say unlike when the PSP came out I'm actually looking forward to Vita (name helps ). Some good looking launch titles and just interesting upcoming games has me looking forward to it.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:51   Link #212
Sides

Hmm.. no Vita until next year for us, source eurogamer
Apparently software offering at launch is the main issue for delay. Considering that the psp is still topping the sales charts in japan and it still has games coming, a delay might be a good thing for 3rd parties.
Old 2011-08-04, 05:52   Link #213
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Hmm.. no Vita until next year for us, source eurogamer
Apparently software offering at launch is the main issue for delay. Considering that the psp is still topping the sales charts in japan and it still has games coming, a delay might be a good thing for 3rd parties.
Not to mention that the 3DS is currently in big trouble precisely because it was released without a decent software offering. So Sony had been paying attention about not repeating their rival's mistakes.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:11   Link #214
EmagEvil

Heu... I hear(not a sure rumor) that with the Vita, you can play a PS3 game(with obviously less graphics and power capacities)on it, and once you're at home, you can continue to play on your PS3, and using the same save file... Just wondering if it's true or not...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 06:39   Link #215
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
Heu... I hear(not a sure rumor) that with the Vita, you can play a PS3 game(with obviously less graphics and power capacities)on it, and once you're at home, you can continue to play on your PS3, and using the same save file... Just wondering if it's true or not...
Hard to tell, but some people are saying it will easily beat the PS3 visually, due to many factors.
Silicon chips have advanced pretty fast in the last few years, thanks to the smart phone explosion and other applications. Remember the ps3 (launched 2006!) is technically outdated, so i would not be a surprise if the Vita outruns the ps3 in real applications.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:41   Link #216
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
It's happening, Ono the producer of Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken already said you can play SFxT on the Vita and than once you get home switch over to the PS3.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 07:04   Link #217
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's happening, Ono the producer of Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken already said you can play SFxT on the Vita and than once you get home switch over to the PS3.
Oh really? But he didn't mention that you need to buy 2 GAMES(one on PS3, the other on PSVita) to switch between... If it's 2 games, it sucks...

Anyway good to know guys.
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 16:33   Link #218
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Oh really? But he didn't mention that you need to buy 2 GAMES(one on PS3, the other on PSVita) to switch between... If it's 2 games, it sucks...

Anyway good to know guys.
dont know but i expect to sell it in bundle with price of $80 (instead paying 60+40)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 20:16   Link #219
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Sortof... What was announced by Sony is that there's a possibility that some games will allow you to share saves between the PS3 and PSVita versions. Now if you have to buy both versions separately or not is still a bit up in the hair but the feature will be there (I even think they announced a version of wipeout with that feature).

EDIT: also the developers are saying that it's very easy to port games from the PS3 to the Vita (sort of like the PSP and PS2 actually) and Kojima Studios actually showed Metal Gear Solid 4 running on the game (but it was just an example, there doesn't seem to be any plans to actually release the game on the Vita).
Old 2011-08-04, 21:20   Link #220
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
As long as the game is "transfarable", then you can do that. All I heard is that you can install PS3 game on the VITA if it support "transfarable".

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv