Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 14:25   Link #5101
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
It is because myth change overtime that she is Athena as of today. The name of Athena is really famous. Originally she is Medusa and Mettis and because of myth change they put them together and become Athena.
Except for the fact that she is still associated with them in that she has their powers. Therefore she is "Athena" and also "Medusa" and "Metis" .. my point is that if due to myths changing the god would be a different god altogether, why does she still have those attributes and powers? Anyways, I don't expect anyone other than the author will be able to answer this question

Reply hazy, try again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 14:32   Link #5102
erdii

last update showed Campiones are self centered people. they don't see their flaws. Godou doesn't know his real nature. Alec completely denies he is a thief while he took something from another person without permission.

no matter how you look if a person came to your house and took your mobile phone when you are not there and he left a note "ı am borrowing this" and not returning that person would be thief.

well Alec rationality doesn't work on him just like Godou's pacifism
Old 2012-11-13, 15:11   Link #5103
Awrya
U mad?

How a campione, other than Godou, sees other campioni (should be the plural of campione?) is pretty interesting, I wonder what he thought of the others, if he met them.
Old 2012-11-13, 17:30   Link #5104
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So I was just thinking about how they were talking about how "if myths change, the god that will emerge from that myth will change as well" .. seems inconsistent with how they presented Athena. No one associates Athena with a goddess of death/harvest/snakes anymore, and her myths are all related to wisdom and warfare .. shouldn't she have emerged as a different heretic god? Her "myth" changed over time, so why did she emerge with those other attributes still?

I feel like the author is retconning how the "system" works to suit his plot desires

Reply hazy, try again later
Volume 1 Chapter 4 Part 3:
Quote:
In the end, it was him who stole the [Serpent]. The last time she had met a Campione was such a long time in the past; it was probably hundreds, no, thousands of years ago.
Heretic Athena did not manifest recently but thousands of years ago.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:37   Link #5105
whitecloud

nice update....is it me or the way "berserk" godou act is like a combination of god of war (verethgrana) and his grandpa...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 08:26   Link #5106
kokolores

I know Godou can't always be like that, because then the story would be over too quickly, but I hope the author wrote it as a preview of how he intends Godou to be in the end. If Godou slowly became more and more like this uninhibited version of him it would be awesome.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:16   Link #5107
whitecloud

Godou super playboy version+ wargod ability
Old 2012-11-14, 09:34   Link #5108
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I can see Erica threatening Lancelot with certain death--Unless she teach her how to cast the insanity spell
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:42   Link #5109
erdii

really interesting update we get to see Godou's potential in being playboy. with that ability there is no woman that can face him. Rather than his Campione abilities , his abilities he inherited from his genes from Kusanagi family is more fearsome
Old 2012-11-14, 10:12   Link #5110
The Green One

Yep, the unleashed Godou is certainly fearsome, he's already got Guinevere melting into a puddle for him.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:17   Link #5111
Sekiryuutei

Random question :
On vol 10 ch 5 by "iyaah!" are they screaming in delight or in displeasure..?
Sekiryuutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:17   Link #5112
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

All the girls have to do is get into one room (magically lock it first) then have Erica pin Godou to the wall and muah-cast insanity spell.

Vola! Instant 4 half-Campione/half Miko babies.
Old 2012-11-14, 10:34   Link #5113
whitecloud

Even Lancelot could be converted if godou wish it so...remember the wise word

" the line between love and hate is as thin as paper" he already half-converted Athena before...
Old 2012-11-14, 10:47   Link #5114
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuutei View Post
Random question :
On vol 10 ch 5 by "iyaah!" are they screaming in delight or in displeasure..?
I'd say it's the "excited fangirl squeal" they're basically seeing what they consider a hot guy and a hot girl having an intimate moment in public, so yeah excited squees are abounding.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:09   Link #5115
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Volume 1 Chapter 4 Part 3:

Heretic Athena did not manifest recently but thousands of years ago.
Yeah, I'm not sure that's what that statement is meant to indicate. If she had manifested thousands of years ago, there was no reason for her not to have already retrieved or been searching for the Gorgoneion.

I think that statement was intended to indicate that was the last time she had manifested. Additionally, if what you say is true, then the current Athena would never manifest again, and the future one would be different. I don't think the author hinted at that at all.. Otherwise it would have been a much more tearful parting..

Outlook remains uncertain

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-14 at 11:27.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:12   Link #5116
Awrya
U mad?

If he's already acting like that under Lancelot's [Insane Rush], how will he be when he activates [Youth] as well? Reminds me of Short Story 2, him being the biggest monster the world has ever seen
Old 2012-11-14, 11:30   Link #5117
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Even Lancelot could be converted if godou wish it so...remember the wise word

" the line between love and hate is as thin as paper" he already half-converted Athena before...
In my opinion, there should be an upper limit to the harem fest. 3-4 is great. 5 is ok, 6+ is damn pushing it unless u can pull something off like Negima. Because inevitably the author will write himself into a corner and the story lose plot.

The fact this author eliminated Athena rather than tack another girl into the harem is amazing

Edit: Also, it would be nice to see a couple more male characters to bring contrast to the amount of girls surroundings Godou, just as friends who have abilities (Amatasu, Yingsha).
Old 2012-11-14, 11:45   Link #5118
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
In my opinion, there should be an upper limit to the harem fest. 3-4 is great. 5 is ok, 6+ is damn pushing it unless u can pull something off like Negima. Because inevitably the author will write himself into a corner and the story lose plot.

The fact this author eliminated Athena rather than tack another girl into the harem is amazing

Edit: Also, it would be nice to see a couple more male characters to bring contrast to the amount of girls surroundings Godou, just as friends who have abilities (Amatasu, Yingsha).
Agree with this. It takes something special to write a story about ten plus girls and one boy. Negima pulled it off by giving each girl their own motivation and story, and even then some of them kind of got shafted.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:44   Link #5119
chancs

Quote:
"Children should act like children and let adults do the work. Even though I'm not really an adult, I should be more reliable than you."
Quote:
"Well, go ahead and indulge your nature as you like. That's fine too. Stubborn and obstinate girls who don't think too deeply or try to be pleasing can be quite cute too."
Playboy Goudo and his manliness and decisiveness

It will become more interesting to read if this continued
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 18:45   Link #5120
blackwhite67
Banned

I have to know. Does Alex ever find out Godou was under [Insane Rush] or does this misunderstanding never get resolved?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem