AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-27, 21:29   Link #1
enigmatic
Always the quiet One

about the named blades (possible spoilers)

Wondering if anyone knows anything about the Named Blades.

I Know that Zoro has three (forgot there names), Tashigi has one and acquires one in ep. 79.

So if anyone knows anything on this topic or knows where I can find more on it please point me in the right direction.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited by enigmatic; 2003-12-28 at 08:21.
Old 2003-12-28, 00:47   Link #2
Jn183

On my laptop, so I couldn't check on the manga or the anime. As far as I could remember, only real part where they discuss about those swords would be in ep.49 or so. I could tell you that, even up to ep 120. There is no convo about Named Sword. And from ch 180 and up to 270, nothing about those famous sword. Well, I think Mihawk sword is one of them. But don't lose all hope until vicious has a say in this.
Old 2003-12-28, 02:40   Link #3
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i forgot....

i know that one of Zoro's sword, the cursed one is called "santie Kitestu" something like that. I dont know correct spelling, i just sounded it out. The other one is something like "Yoshibari" and the white sword is.... "hadou?" Thats the one im least sure about.
Old 2003-12-28, 11:02   Link #4
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Mihawk sword is not a Katana so its not one of them.Dude he got a damn huge sword
Old 2003-12-28, 13:27   Link #5
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Zoro's 3 swords are:

- Wado Ichimonyi. A legendary sword that's one of the best 21 swords in the world. This one was the only one which "survived" the battle against Mihawk.
- Sandai Kitetsu. Another legendary sword which was one of the best in the past. A cursed and blood-thirsty sword who chose Zoro to be its new master.
- Yubashi. A sword made by Kurourushita Chikoshirae along with Midare Bakojouyi. Looks like one of the best swords in the world too.

Last edited by Vicious; 2004-01-14 at 22:02.
Old 2003-12-28, 15:41   Link #6
Nine Devil

Its one of the best Katana not sword.
Old 2003-12-28, 17:07   Link #7
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Actually, the named blades don't just include katana's. I think i remember it stating that mihawks Black sword was the best sword in the world.
Old 2003-12-28, 17:17   Link #8
Nine Devil

Yes its the best was said in Anime by that leg pirate i think.
Old 2004-01-01, 01:54   Link #9
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm
Ehem...

Zoro's Swords!
First off, there's the Wadou Ichimonji, which means "Strait Path to Harmony." That's the white sword. ^_^ One of the Oowaza-mono 21, "The 21 Great Achievements of Craftsmanship". Worth more than 20,000,000 belli!! Woooooooooo!

Then there's the red sword, Sandai Kitetsu. I think it translates out to something like "Third Generation Demon Splitter." Worth more than 1,000,000 belli! A totally blood-thirsty sword. Its previous owners would tend to die some horrible deaths. It's cursed. It's predecessor, which was the Nidai Kitetsu (Second Generation Demon Splitter), was one of the Oowaza-mono 21! And the very first one, the Shodai Kitetsu (First Generation Demon Splitter), was one of the Saijou Oowaza-mono 12, "The 12 Supremely Skillful Creations"! Woooo, useless info!!

And last there's the Yubashiri, the one with the nice black sheath. "Snow Step" One of the Ryou-Waza-mono 50, "The 50 Skillful Works of Good".

AAAAAAAAnd Tashigi's sword is called... Shigure. It means... "Autumn Rain"? Too lazy to go back and check.
The one she picks up in ep 79 is Kashuu, which means "Land of Flowers". It's one of the Ryou-Waza mono 50.

Last edited by Bremm; 2004-01-05 at 01:48.
Closed Thread