AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 09:14   Link #1261
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

At this point, I don't even care anymore if the ending is shitty (very likely). Just don't give me an unambiguous and open ending. Please, I have had enough of guessing and pondering.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:06   Link #1262
sky black swordman

Please I'm begging, don't let this with a Zero and Yuki ending.
Just let Zero find someone else to be happy with, for example Yori.
Old 2013-04-27, 20:15   Link #1263
lightbringer
M9000

Looks like I'm in the minority here, in more ways than one, but I'm actually a fan of everything that's happened AFTER Yuuki turned back into a pureblood. The story before that just wasn't that interesting by comparison, it was too much focused on the shoujo fangirlish aspects. I also don't hate Kaname or Yuuki like everyone else seems to do, and I hope there is some sort of happy ending for them (fat chance of that at this point, though). OTOH I never really cared for Zero, who was way too emo even considering all the shit that's happened to him. Not to mention, it will be sad to see this manga wrap up so soon. Yuuki never really got a chance to shine as a pureblood, this is my biggest regret.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 20:23   Link #1264
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Looks like I'm in the minority here, in more ways than one, but I'm actually a fan of everything that's happened AFTER Yuuki turned back into a pureblood. The story before that just wasn't that interesting by comparison, it was too much focused on the shoujo fangirlish aspects. I also don't hate Kaname or Yuuki like everyone else seems to do, and I hope there is some sort of happy ending for them (fat chance of that at this point, though). OTOH I never really cared for Zero, who was way too emo even considering all the shit that's happened to him. Not to mention, it will be sad to see this manga wrap up so soon. Yuuki never really got a chance to shine as a pureblood, this is my biggest regret.
I was actually quite excited after she turns back into a pureblood, because I was anticipating her being badass and all with her power, but she seems destined to be protected as well as possessing a fickle mind. It's too bad, because I think her role is central to the plot, but the way the mangaka writes her character does not make me, the reader enjoy Yuuki's scene, and ultimately, the manga too.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:50   Link #1265
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I was actually quite excited after she turns back into a pureblood, because I was anticipating her being badass and all with her power, but she seems destined to be protected as well as possessing a fickle mind.
That's one of my reason as well. I was hoping that she'll be more...badass after becoming a pureblood. I should've known that there wouldn't be a sudden development like that, but what's worse is that I feel that her character somehow become regressed. It's like she constantly angst towards anything. Her positive demeanor also seems to disappear after she became a pure-blood. The mangaka seems intended to make her act more seriously but I just can't see it. There's also the fact that all her actions never seem to results in anything major towards the plot..which is saddening.

I miss the old Yuuki where she's more like genki-idiot and cute.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:53   Link #1266
Bern-san

I agree with the two posts above, when Yuuki became a vampire I expected her to be more proactive and badass. The current one is just so... not really passive but there's something about her that I don't like.

I just felt that the author missed a chance to make things really interesting.
Old 2013-05-23, 00:07   Link #1267
Kunagisa

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH THIS ENDING, THIS. FUCKING. ENDING.

Please do not draw another series for the rest of your life Hino. I actually typed 5 pages of expletives and decided to spare them but holy hell. This is just bullshit. One of the first shoujos I've ever read and I'm a full retard for even following through with it. Feel free to be "intellectual" and try to reason why this is a decent story but I will only think you're just trying to be pretentious. This is garbage in its purest form with no way to justify the series.

Final rating: A huge middle finger + a knife to the author's picture/10. Yuuki is now the only character Hocchan voiced that I completely abhor to the bone. Hope you're happy Hino.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 07:18   Link #1268
topboy
poor man

At least someone that supposed to die long ago finally die...
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:00   Link #1269
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I love when authors are totally overchallenged by the love triangles they create and, instead of choosing one believable outcome, go for the hyper-pandering "everything and nothing at the same time" ending caue as far as i undertand:

Spoiler for :

... it's that ridiculous ... A Kaname x Zero ending (with Yuuki dead) would've been better than this.

The silver lining is that this abomination is finally off my list.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:18   Link #1270
Westlo
Lets be reality

*reads spoilers*

lmao, so glad I stopped reading this back when the anime finished up, going by the activity in this thread it's not like I was alone.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:59   Link #1271
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think I'm at the point where I can't even understand the spoiler even without reading the actual chapters

Holy shit, what? W-well at least it ends now

Old 2013-05-23, 13:08   Link #1272
DarkRaven
GOD

is there a vampire around who can erase my memory??
lol silly me for expecting something different...
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 18:01   Link #1273
Slick_rick

This ended basically how I always thought it would.
Spoiler for Ending:

All in all, glad it's finally over. If I can ever get a conclusion to Nana, I'll have closed out two of my all time favorite shoujo's. I'll read Hino's next manga as long as it is interesting. I do like her art style which I think is her work's best feature.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:03   Link #1274
lightbringer
M9000

I really have mixed feelings about this ending but at least it's finally over. This manga had a lot of potential but towards the end it kind of spiraled downhill.

Seeing that Zero is still alive (it seems only Yuuki died in the end) and Kaname is now a human, I'd say the only ones who are gonna be genuinely happy about this are the ZeroxKaname shippers...

Also I don't get it, are those two at the end Yuuki and Zero's kids or what?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 19:12   Link #1275
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I really have mixed feelings about this ending but at least it's finally over. This manga had a lot of potential but towards the end it kind of spiraled downhill.

Seeing that Zero is still alive
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Also I don't get it, are those two at the end Yuuki and Zero's kids or what?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-05-23, 19:19   Link #1276
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I'm so glad it's finally over! I stopped reading a long time ago but the spoiler paged always dragged me in and I'd regret it every time... atleast this should be the last time >.<
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 20:20   Link #1277
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I guess Zero died since it doesn't make sense why he didn't appear in the Kaname's place. I also wonder whether her kids are pure-blood or not >.>

Old 2013-05-23, 20:31   Link #1278
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

at least this series finally end ?
Old 2013-05-23, 20:40   Link #1279
Yorae_paladin1

i say what the hell happned i didn';t get this chapter at all
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 21:27   Link #1280
alluka

The main trio's annoying frequent appearance and the ridiculous love triangle made me hate them with passion. It doesn't help that Hino has walls instead of side characters, pretty walls that just stand there and that's it.

Shiki/rima and cain/ruka? Oh they are there, you may just squint your eyes reaaally hard to see it. seiren, Yori and takuma? ...who?

It's frustrating how they were easily discarded just to expand the love triangle nonsense for God know how many chapters. What a waste, seriously.

Last edited by alluka; 2013-05-23 at 21:30. Reason: typo
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga