AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-22, 16:26   Link #61
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Naw man, see what you don't get about Flip is that anyone who has a different opinion from him is a dupe. Those guys who disagree with him in the Naruto discussion thread? our dupes, Bleach Discussion thread? our dupes, hobo on the street corner....thats right you guessed it! our DUPES! in fact why am I saying "our" he thinks me and you are one in the same along with the rest of the masses who hold a different colored opinion from him.
Nope, actually. You, the old yellow flash, and a few others (and their clones) hold a special place in my heart, isolated from all the rest. And, considering that seeing the clones of those guys (as they get banned pretty often, short-term or long-term) is your usual everyday thing, when I say that, I am not talking based on a non-existent dream. This is the reality. If you check those old posts, and compare them with yours, you will see a lot of similarity. Be happy that you can at least be associated with another.
Old 2009-04-22, 17:26   Link #62
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Wooooooooh...!!
Luffy gaining more allies [predictable]...
Ace hasn't left the prison yet [predictable]...

ODA U R GENIUS!
And how about you go write your own story where Luffy gains no allies, Ace left the prison, and continue the story from there... It's hard for it to happen otherwise, that's why it has been predictable. If you can't do better, then what you are saying sounds like: "He sucks like me." Yeah, it's your right to talk, and it sounds funny.

Don't bother to post a reply saying "First of all, I didn't say Oda sucks..."
Quote:
Yet another set up/build up chapter ahead of us before golden week [predictable]
Well, it's true, but it can't be helped, can it?

Quote:
I would have liked for Oda to have gotten the intros of Shiryuu, Katarina Devon, The Giant Battleship, San Juan Wolf & Basco Shot, the Drunk out of the way.
It's YOUR preference. Well, it's mine too, but making it that way serves the commercial purpose better. It's the characteristic of shounen to have all those junks from the start. If we just want the story to move, why bother reading shounen? Because when we dislike some of those junks, we enjoy some others, just not all of them.

I have to say this: we are all just stating our own preference and feeling about recent OP. They all seem reasonable, so no need to use the rolleyes, do we?
Old 2009-04-22, 18:20   Link #63
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This is interesting. In the current translation Iva calls Crocodile, Crocoboy. Kind of reminds me Yoruichi's words in Bleach.
Old 2009-04-22, 18:24   Link #64
syler321

i have a question,just wondering what u guys think...
everybody in teh straw hats has the vivre card right?
so lets say luffy does escape with iva,jinbei and crocodile and starts to search for all the others right?

well nami is in sky island,and zoro is where the horo horo girl got sent by kuma in the thriller bark arc,zand the others r located far away from where luffy is,so what is he gonna go back to look for all of them?
or does kuma gonna help him?
Old 2009-04-22, 19:04   Link #65
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
so lets say luffy does escape with iva,jinbei and crocodile and starts to search for all the others right?

well nami is in sky island,and zoro is where the horo horo girl got sent by kuma in the thriller bark arc,zand the others r located far away from where luffy is,so what is he gonna go back to look for all of them?
Luffy wouldn't go searching for the others because he has absolutely no idea where they are. They will most likely head back to the archipelago and convene there while waiting for Luffy. Their main concern right now is to retrieve the Thousand Sunny so that they can continue their journey. However, now that Luffy is occupied in his task to save Ace, things may go very differently than what the strawhats initially planned.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-04-22 at 19:39. Reason: marvelB clarified things with the Biblicard.
Old 2009-04-22, 19:22   Link #66
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I'm not sure if I won't to spoil myself completly about this chatpers story, but I did some crappy fast fanart of Crocodile as a girl used Robin's fanart as source of pose and proportions.
Spoiler for picture:
Old 2009-04-22, 19:32   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post

the vivrecard in question belongs to Rayleigh. Therefore, the crew would need to seek him out first if they want to reunite. Seeing as about a week has passed since the events at Sabaody, ol' Silvers should have been long done with the coating job, so they can set off to their next destination as soon as they rejoin each other....

Anyways, I read a translation of the chapter's script. I'm now about 98% certain that Luffy's going to Marineford. He even says that he will when Iva tells him that it's pretty much too late to break Ace out of prison at this point. And as for Crocodile.... he straight-up tells Luffy that he's interested in the upcoming war, and that he's no longer interested in Alabasta (and as I figured, he's not holding any grudge towards him). Also, Jinbei says that he knew Ace since he first joined Whitebeard's crew when he volunteers to help out (kinda figured that was the case, as well). Unsurprisingly, Luffy is unaware that Jinbei's a Shichibukai.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You make it sound like Crocodile would be able to pull this off easily, when that is not the case. Like kari-no-sugata mentioned, Luffy, Inazuma, and Jimbei are also there in case Crocodile tries anything funny. He's in no position to be backstabbing anybody right now, and quite frankly why should he? The more temporary allies he has on his side, the better his chances of success are for escaping Impel Down. Furthermore, Ivankov already acknowledged that they can't trust him, and so he is most definitely going to be on his guard should he attempt to betray/backstab them. Inankov knows Crocodile all too well.

Yeah, I can see that for myself now after reading the script. Still, that Croc is a sneaky bastard, so obviously Luffy and co. will still need to be vigilant around him, anyway (I mean, he was even threatening Jinbei at the end of the chapter....). I doubt that he'll go to Marineford with Luffy though, so I wonder what he plans to do once he busts out of prison......

Quote:
As for the other prisoners in levels 5 or 6, I don't think they would be of much help since Ivankov took out quite a few of them with his "Death Wink" alone in this chapter. That implies that a lot of them are complete jokes and cannon fodder. The only viable threats right now are Magellan, Shiryuu, and presumably the other level 6 prisoners whose names were mentioned.

Yeah, I lol'ed at the lv6 prisoners getting Death Winked. Well, the floor also serves as death row, so I guess we really can't expect everyone down there to be as powerful as Croc or Jinbei. I still feel pretty sure that those prisoners that Iva named are all forces to be reckoned with, however......
Old 2009-04-22, 19:50   Link #68
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, I read a translation of the chapter's script. I'm now about 98% certain that Luffy's going to Marineford. He even says that he will when Iva tells him that it's pretty much too late to break Ace out of prison at this point.
I agree. It just wouldn't be feasible/realistic for the Impel Down portion of this storyline to last a whole year. With the current developments in the story, I feel it's safe to be just as certain as you that the story will soon transition into the upcoming war at Marineford.
Old 2009-04-22, 20:03   Link #69
Rainbowman

Quote:
the vivrecard in question belongs to Rayleigh. Therefore, the crew would need to seek him out first if they want to reunite. Seeing as about a week has passed since the events at Sabaody, ol' Silvers should have been long done with the coating job, so they can set off to their next destination as soon as they rejoin each other....
Here's a thought: What if Rayleigh tries to find Luffy's crew? This sounds weak but that's what I got.

Quote:
Anyways, I read a translation of the chapter's script. I'm now about 98% certain that Luffy's going to Marineford. He even says that he will when Iva tells him that it's pretty much too late to break Ace out of prison at this point. And as for Crocodile.... he straight-up tells Luffy that he's interested in the upcoming war, and that he's no longer interested in Alabasta (and as I figured, he's not holding any grudge towards him). Also, Jinbei says that he knew Ace since he first joined Whitebeard's crew when he volunteers to help out (kinda figured that was the case, as well). Unsurprisingly, Luffy is unaware that Jinbei's a Shichibukai.....
What did I tell ya? We're soon approaching a new arc in the Whitebeard War Saga which is where the war really begins.

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that for myself now after reading the script. Still, that Croc is a sneaky bastard, so obviously Luffy and co. will still need to be vigilant around him, anyway (I mean, he was even threatening Jinbei at the end of the chapter....). I doubt that he'll go to Marineford with Luffy though, so I wonder what he plans to do once he busts out of prison......
I suspect that Ivankov would be most vigilant around Crocodile so that Crocodile would be forced to help Whitebeard.

Quote:
Yeah, I lol'ed at the lv6 prisoners getting Death Winked. Well, the floor also serves as death row, so I guess we really can't expect everyone down there to be as powerful as Croc or Jinbei. I still feel pretty sure that those prisoners that Iva named are all forces to be reckoned with, however......
Even if those prisoners will be taken care of, how will everyone get out? Using that elevator is risky considering Magellan and the others may be waiting for them after putting Ace on the ship to Marineford.
Old 2009-04-22, 20:08   Link #70
marvelB

Y'know, now that Crocodile's partnered with Luffy, I think this actually increases the chance of Shiryuu turning out to be a Logia DF user. I mean, just look at the team-up we have here: Two powerful revolutionaries, two Shichibukai (well, one of them's a former Shichi, but you get the point), and a Supernova. That's a pretty damned formidable alliance if I do say so myself. And if the group contains a Logia user, then I think it would be pretty appropriate if Impel Down had one of their own as well, to.... y'know, balance things out a bit. Either that, or he could be a "pseudo-Logia" like Magellan. Because the way I see it, the team Luffy's assembled now is pretty much at a SSJ Jesus-level of broken......
Old 2009-04-22, 20:18   Link #71
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Y'know, now that Crocodile's partnered with Luffy, I think this actually increases the chance of Shiryuu turning out to be a Logia DF user. I mean, just look at the team-up we have here: Two powerful revolutionaries, two Shichibukai (well, one of them's a former Shichi, but you get the point), and a Supernova. That's a pretty damned formidable alliance if I do say so myself. And if the group contains a Logia user, then I think it would be pretty appropriate if Impel Down had one of their own as well, to.... y'know, balance things out a bit. Either that, or he could be a "pseudo-Logia" like Magellan. Because the way I see it, the team Luffy's assembled now is pretty much at a SSJ Jesus-level of broken.....
LOL at the in-bold text. You are definitely correct though. Two warlords fighting together is already over kill, but to have two revolutionaries whom are both powerhouses in addition to that? Magellan and his forces are pretty much screwed, when looking at what they have to deal with. At this point, Shiryuu (whom I would also expect to have a ridiculously powerful ability like Magellan) is going to have to be released from his confinement if they even hope to stand a chance against Luffy's team. The person who I'm most looking forward to seeing fight though, is Jimbei. After all of the punishment he has been through, anyone who gets in his way is sure to go through hell as payback.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-04-22 at 20:52.
Old 2009-04-22, 21:18   Link #72
syler321

did they mention if they gonna show Shiryuu or his power in the impledown arc?

and ok so luffy and crocodile iva and jinbei together,once they escape impledown is there ay other goverment admirals there or schibubukais?

i mean they are very strong those 4 together,but again lets say if theres 2 admirals, and a few schibubuakis u can see how it will still be hard for them to escape,but they still have boahancock help probably once she will see luffy is out she will probably prefer to stick with him and not to go up againts whitebeard....
Old 2009-04-22, 21:25   Link #73
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think Magellan and Shiryuu should suffer a loss in the hands of two (ex-)Shichibukai, especially if Luffy is bound to lose to any of those. Especially Crocodile can be a good match-up for Magellan and that means Shiryuu fighting against Jinbei (making Shiryuu a typical straight on fighter). This will be pretty good considering we get to see Jinbei fight, Crocodile possibly showing a new move against Magellan, and of course the quality of the fights can be much better when those are involving.

Of course Oda can just omit those parts and move directly to escape.
Old 2009-04-22, 23:43   Link #74
marvelB

I'm pretty sure that a rematch between Luffy and Magellan is inevitable. IMO, it would be a bit of a copout for Luffy if he didn't face the warden again. I mean, it's not like he went through nearly 24 hours of suffering from that poison for nothing.... something's gotta give. Sure, there would undoubtedly be stronger opponents waiting for him at Marineford, but he should take care of business in the prison first (besides, Magellan would make a good guinea pig for Luffy's newfound Haki abilities, as I mentioned before). Just leave Shiryuu to the Shichibukai, I say......
Old 2009-04-22, 23:50   Link #75
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Luffy is not a good matchup against Magellan. And that won't change even if he faces him again. If Crocodile says that he will take care of him, and if Iva says, let's leave this to him, then I highly doubt Luffy would say, no, it is my job to take care of him. It is not like he has a personal grudge against Magellan, or he has to personally take care of him to move on, especially when he has other things to do.
Old 2009-04-23, 00:16   Link #76
james0246

^Your point notwithstanding (it is a good line of thought, even if I do not necessarily agree with it), Crocodile is an even worse match-up than Luffy. Crocodile's weakness is liquids; Magellan's attacks are liquids. So, Crocodile vs. Magellan = Magellan's victory. Jinbei, being a fishman (who ever heard of liquid hurting a fish? ), might be a better match-up.
Old 2009-04-23, 00:22   Link #77
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think Magellan and Shiryuu should suffer a loss in the hands of two (ex-)Shichibukai, especially if Luffy is bound to lose to any of those. Especially Crocodile can be a good match-up for Magellan and that means Shiryuu fighting against Jinbei (making Shiryuu a typical straight on fighter). This will be pretty good considering we get to see Jinbei fight, Crocodile possibly showing a new move against Magellan, and of course the quality of the fights can be much better when those are involving.

Of course Oda can just omit those parts and move directly to escape.
As I think about it. Has Luffy ever lost to the same person twice? To every villain he always seems to suffer a bad defeat, but something comes to him in the end that gives him either a great advantage or just enough to win.

Captain Morgan- Luffy's easy win.
Buggy- Luffy was at a disadvantage here, but never really lost since the fight with Buggy was just one battle that Luffy won in the end.
Captain Kuro- Luffy passed out after Jango gave the hypnotic order. He woke up and defeated Kuro.
Don Kreig- kept fighting and prevailed. Kreig never really won over Luffy in this fight. Just held him off most of the time.
Arlong- Luffy was tossed in the water and was looking to lose. He came back and defeated Arlong completely.
Smoker- Defeated twice, but no clear winner.
Mr. 3- Again, Luffy never really lost this fight with him. It was Ms. GoldenWeek who did a better job of holding him off.
Wapol- Luffy beat him at every turn.
Crocodile- Luffy lost the first match. He was dehydrated again, but caught up and defeated Crocodile.
Enel- Luffy is tossed off the arc. Came back and beat him with Golden Rifle.
Foxy- Luffy kept getting frozen and never got the chance to really pound him until the end.
Rob Lucci- Defeated, stabbed, and tossed between buildings. Defeated Lucci with the Gear systems.
Moria- It was hard for Luffy hit Moria and took more hits then he was giving. Luffy turned it around in the end.

As the trend shows it always shows Luffy having trouble with most enemies at first or defeated. Only to have victory in the end. Like i said before. When Luffy last faced the warden he was weakened from hunger after the previous level. Not only has Luffy fed now, but also got an adrenaline shot.
Old 2009-04-23, 01:13   Link #78
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And how about you go write your own story where Luffy gains no allies, Ace left the prison, and continue the story from there... It's hard for it to happen otherwise, that's why it has been predictable. If you can't do better, then what you are saying sounds like: "He sucks like me." Yeah, it's your right to talk, and it sounds funny. Don't bother to post a reply saying "First of all, I didn't say Oda sucks..."

Well, it's true, but it can't be helped, can it?
You can post that if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Jinbei, being a fishman (who ever heard of liquid hurting a fish? ), might be a better match-up.
Liquid? Water and poison are completely different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Anyways, I read a translation of the chapter's script. I'm now about 98% certain that Luffy's going to Marineford
Yeah, Luffy must of heard of the devil and wants to meet him cause he wants to get sent to hell real quick. Seriously, Luffy should be able to reach the Holy Land AFTER the events [War] take place. Luffy has no business in grown folks conversation, I'm guessing his re-match with Magallen will delay him and his rent a team.......

Remember we still have so much unfinished business in Impel Down with so many characters Hannybal and the Head Jailor, Sadi-chan [Lady with the over-grown animals] that could also try and delay the new team Luffy with a battle. Heck not too mention characters Oda hasn't even handled yet, Shiryuu, Katarina Devon, The Giant Battleship, San Juan Wolf & Basco Shot. There's just too much unfinished business in Impel Down for Luffy just to leave like that.....

With that said, I truly beleive in my heart that when Oda said he "WANTS" to wrap up Impel Down in a year [Mangaaka's are terrible with timing], he meant that. and when he said the climax would be "EPIC," I'm guessing that would be the War.

Oh and LOL at Jinbei for trying to hype up Impel Down, congratulating Luffy for getting through all "five levels of hell" in this Mickey Mouse of a prison.
Old 2009-04-23, 01:35   Link #79
james0246

Quote:
Liquid? Water and poison are completely different!
LOL, I was joking more than anything. But, I do stand by what I said cocnerning a Crocodile vs. Magaellan fight.

Quote:
Oh and LOL at Jinbei for trying to hype up Impel Down, congratulating Luffy for getting through all "five levels of hell" in this Mickey Mouse of a prison.
I can't help but feel that you are overemphasizing Luffy's ability to get through "Hell", and consequently missing all the monstrous contraptions and torture devices in the prison. From Level 1 ~ Crimson Hell with its devious bladed trees and needle grass all the way down to the severe frostbite of Level 5 ~ Freezing Hell (I'm still unsure if Level 6 has a theme or not); Impel Down is one of the coolest and most dangerous prisons seen in (Shounen) anime/manga.
Old 2009-04-23, 02:08   Link #80
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Nope, actually. You, the old yellow flash, and a few others (and their clones) hold a special place in my heart, isolated from all the rest.
Here I thought you would hold a grudge, after seeing most of you rebuttal's slain.

Quote:
And, considering that seeing the clones of those guys (as they get banned pretty often, short-term or long-term) is your usual everyday thing, when I say that, I am not talking based on a non-existent dream. This is the reality. If you check those old posts, and compare them with yours, you will see a lot of similarity. Be happy that you can at least be associated with another.
Reverse this. Now its accurate.

*Just Read the full script* will wait for a better Trans.

Out of the blue, What if Jinbei was a swordsman?
Closed Thread