Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-15, 17:16   Link #221
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
K, I can't do this anymore without punching something.

I see a "Schneizel and Light Yagami" comparison and some "Schneizel is hurt on the inside hurr durr he changed after the Euphinator" stuff. I thought we hit peak facepalm at "Zero is comparable to Jesus" but I guess not. Sometimes I wonder what series I was watching because it's totally different from whatever you saw. It's like you guys are inventing scenes in your head to get the implications you want to make statements like these...
Hu? I thought we'd basically just agreed that Light and Schneizel can't really be compared, except for some small things like their genius.
And I don't agree with the Euphie thing, either, but he did care at least somewhat about his siblings (or maybe not, but then that's a matter of interpretation, and I go with the "love but no attachment" thing), so I'd say it's a legitimate assumption.
Really, getting angry about those things is pointless. If I always punched something when I read "Clovis totally sucks at chess and hates dogs, which basicaly is the same as hating Japanese", I'd need serious sedatives.
Old 2009-05-15, 17:19   Link #222
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

The fact that it was even brought up in the first place is totally (´_ゝ`) worthy.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 17:24   Link #223
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Yeah... why were people comparing Schneizel to Light now? XD Nobody in the series fits that bill. Light was totally twisted beyond belief. Someone said Light was "a little more unhinged." No... he was A LOT more unhinged. XD
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 17:28   Link #224
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
The fact that it was even brought up in the first place is totally (´_ゝ`) worthy.
Maybe (then again, bringing up Light is always fun - don't ask me why -, and at least they're both highly intelligent sociopaths) , but so are a lot of things.
Like reading a description of Clovis on some random site that basically goes: "Yeah, he kinda liked Lelouch... but he hates dogs and plays chess like one".
This is the internet. We all have our troubles to deal with. xD
Old 2009-05-15, 21:27   Link #225
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
One thing though... Schneizel doesn't seem to be one to be corruptable. He is set in his beliefs and I don't see him deviating from them if he won. He would just be happy that peace was finally obtained. Even if it is totally fake.
Personally, I'm more cynical. He might not change in the months ahead, but what about the future? He's not going to live forever, and his successors cannot be counted upon to maintain the status quo.
Old 2009-08-30, 16:06   Link #226
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here is a question
who really thinks that Schniezel's plan would have killed more people then lelouch's did ?

we hear from Schniezel that he plans to use the damocles as a deterrence
but whos to say that he first has to kill people on mass ?
are we really to believe that a guy who subscribes to diplomacy over violence at every turn
a guy who refuses to aid the eunichs once they lose the support of the people
who signs peace accords out of a belief that if you conquer people by force, they would lose hope
who treats someone who tried to kill him and leaves her in a hospital before going into battle (even SHE admits he'd make a great king)
who turns down an opportunity to nuke the black knights along with lelouch because it would be "too greedy"
who give lelouch a chance to SURRENDER first in the battle
are we to believe that such a person, would not first give the world a warning shot and a chance to surrender peacefully before starting to murder people on mass ?

lelouch takes over the damocles, and the battle ends immediately
no one in their right minds would ever try to oppose something like the damocles, knowing what it can do, and that its in the hands of someone who would be willing to use it
the only reason why lelouch could, was because the prospect of his entire country (britannia)turning to ashes means nothing to him
clearly, that is not the case with the rest of the world
a weapon like the damocles only needs to fired ONCE and no one would try to oppose it ever again
hell, as far as power demonstration goes, what happened to tokyo would be enough of proof of its power

Schniezel may have said something like "even if a billion people die, peace is worth it"
but who's to say he'd have to use it more then once ?
who in their right minds would do anything that would risk him using it again ?
the plan may have forced the world into peace out of fear (as opposed to "real peace")
but in terms of deaths, its quite possible that the death toll wouldnt have extended past tokyo
Old 2009-08-30, 16:53   Link #227
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
here is a question
who really thinks that Schniezel's plan would have killed more people then lelouch's did ?

we hear from Schniezel that he plans to use the damocles as a deterrence
but whos to say that he first has to kill people on mass ?
are we really to believe that a guy who subscribes to diplomacy over violence at every turn
a guy who refuses to aid the eunichs once they lose the support of the people
who signs peace accords out of a belief that if you conquer people by force, they would lose hope
who treats someone who tried to kill him and leaves her in a hospital before going into battle (even SHE admits he'd make a great king)
who turns down an opportunity to nuke the black knights along with lelouch because it would be "too greedy"
who give lelouch a chance to SURRENDER first in the battle
are we to believe that such a person, would not first give the world a warning shot and a chance to surrender peacefully before starting to murder people on mass ?

lelouch takes over the damocles, and the battle ends immediately
no one in their right minds would ever try to oppose something like the damocles, knowing what it can do, and that its in the hands of someone who would be willing to use it
the only reason why lelouch could, was because the prospect of his entire country (britannia)turning to ashes means nothing to him
clearly, that is not the case with the rest of the world
a weapon like the damocles only needs to fired ONCE and no one would try to oppose it ever again
hell, as far as power demonstration goes, what happened to tokyo would be enough of proof of its power

Schniezel may have said something like "even if a billion people die, peace is worth it"
but who's to say he'd have to use it more then once ?
who in their right minds would do anything that would risk him using it again ?
the plan may have forced the world into peace out of fear (as opposed to "real peace")
but in terms of deaths, its quite possible that the death toll wouldnt have extended past tokyo
He said Damocles would ascend to a certain point in upper atmosphere and launch Fleijas to all the major cities. That would be his warning shot, or rather shots.
Old 2009-08-30, 16:56   Link #228
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

and are we to believe him ?
after seeing him repeatedly show himself as a noble demon who use violence as a LAST resort ?
he doesnt need to fire more then once, and even a shot in the AIR would be sufficient to prove the damocles's power
after that, who's going to resist ?
Old 2009-08-30, 17:00   Link #229
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Someone always resists the oppression of tyranny. No matter how velvet-lined it is.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:04   Link #230
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

no one opposes a guy who can turn entire countries to ash with a single shot
especially if he's in higher orbit where you cant reach them
Old 2009-08-30, 17:05   Link #231
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I beg to differ. The Rebel Alliance opposed a guy who can destroy entire planets with one shot, with a hyperspace capable battlestation.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:08   Link #232
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

all the same
no country on earth would oppose him
which means that no organized military force on earth would oppose him
and being in high orbit, he's unteachable

and again, the plan was to keep people from fighting EACH OTHER
who invades Poland when it means you have no home to come back to
Old 2009-08-30, 17:14   Link #233
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yes but as many things have demonstrated, if you make an enemy of the whole world, you unite them all against you in hatred. This is precisely what Lelouch did with Zero Requiem, and what Aeolia Schenberg did with Celestial Being.

Those two intended for the union to come to pass. Schneizel would have been happy playing sky daddy until the end of his days, which fortunately for us would have been mercifully short.
Old 2009-08-30, 20:03   Link #234
Betteroffer

I'm going to have to say that Damocles was a joke.

It can only fire FLEIJA like bullets.
It can only fire them from one gun.
It only HAS one gun.
It can only fire once every ten minutes.
The discharged FLEIJA are apparently slow enough that they can be intercepted by human pilots in Vincents. I say this because we aren't shown that the FLEIJA are blocked by a soldier 'catching' it by letting it smack into them, but we do see three pilots were able to stab it from the side with their spears.

The shots can also be detected and the FLEIJA and its path can be traced as shown by Cecile.

(I'll leave off the issue of the shields' integrity since I will give the benifit of the doubt and assume Damocles made it into space and couldn't be reached by conventional airships)

This tells me that pretty much any conventional missle defense system could detect and make short work of incoming FLEIJA warheads, at least until another FLEIJA was built by Nina, copied, or the technology was rediscovered, and strapped it to a space capable missle.

If Schneizel put down the Idiot Ball, he probably would have realized this was an issue and might decide to hit every location that could field or produce long range missles in order to counter this (not that it would do more than slightly delay the inevitable).
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 20:14   Link #235
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

so the arguemnt would be
shnizel would first turn the world back to the stone age and then rule over the people in the caves ?

doesnt sound like him

and i agree that the damocles was a joke
but then again so was Z-R
Old 2009-08-30, 20:26   Link #236
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
In fact, I gived some weapons to the Damocles, otherwise that fortress was just the parody of a fortress.

About In-topic, nobody know how many fleija bombs were ready.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote