AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 13:38   Link #821
Thoguht

Anyone for PowerPoint? Think I'm leaving this until the Blu-rays now.
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:06   Link #822
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just watched 5 & 6. Really hate Mina. I am glad Akira is seeing how evil she is. I can't help but fear for Yuki's well being though. I was screaming at the TV when she volunteered to help her cook. Oh, and they are so stupid when they opened the door to the church. That happens all the time on TV too. Stupid people.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:09   Link #823
Fishfood1

how many episodes is this show? cause epi 7 feels like it's the last...

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:26   Link #824
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

According to AniDB, 12.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:35   Link #825
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Just watched 5 & 6. Really hate Mina. I am glad Akira is seeing how evil she is. I can't help but fear for Yuki's well being though. I was screaming at the TV when she volunteered to help her cook.
If you don't come back and apologize for hating her after learning the truth, I will probably have to hit you.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:36   Link #826
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If you don't come back and apologize for hating her after learning the truth, I will probably have to hit you.
Yeah well, I'm sure she has her reasons but she did some really frakked up stuff already. It'd have to be a doozy of a truth.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:37   Link #827
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
but she did some really frakked up stuff already.
Or did she? Perhaps you should wait until you fully understand the situation before hating someone.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:43   Link #828
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's no copying here, it's just the directors style, and personally i see it doing a good job here.
I find it terrible and a cheap cop out.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:46   Link #829
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Spoiler for Episode 7:
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 00:10   Link #830
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh god... episode 7 was absolutely terrible... 90% of the action was cut out with crappy stills *head shot*

On top of that why the hell was Mina glowing?!
Old 2010-02-21, 01:18   Link #831
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh god... episode 7 was absolutely terrible... 90% of the action was cut out with crappy stills *head shot*

On top of that why the hell was Mina glowing?!
Spoiler for Why Mina was glowing:

They stated ahead of time that they were having some time constraints. Even still I immensely enjoyed the action we did see. Makes me look forward to the blu rays intently now. I'm just glad it wasn't a recap like the rumor was.
Old 2010-02-21, 01:20   Link #832
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
I'm just glad it wasn't a recap like the rumor was.
I'm not sure why people thought the recap was this week. Everything I had read stated the recap is next week (but I heard it wasn't so much a recap as it was episode 1 with new footage).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 05:22   Link #833
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I don't really see the issue with episode 7. Judging by BMG 10, I expected much worse. I liked how this came out and I'm sure that once this hits BD, it'll turn out even better.

And I'm curious where all the Mina-haters are now, after learning her true motives and feelings.

Spoiler for episode 7:
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 07:48   Link #834
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Loli and hotbod in one. Which one you'd like to eat tonight anata?
Old 2010-02-21, 07:58   Link #835
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Finally watched episode 7...

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2010-02-21, 11:11   Link #836
Fawx9

Perhaps this just my misunderstanding, but did I really just see Mina try to blame the world changing as to why she was so uptight? I mean really you've lived for how long and are just coming to terms with that now? I'll try and go back over those slides to see if I missed a line or something.

As to the slide show, it comes off as completely horrible and killed, for me, any sense of immersion to what was actually supposed to be shown.

Spoiler for 7:

Honestly, its just a stupid way to get people to invest in the dvds/blue rays. If they want to make it like that fine, but don't come in later saying 'here's the finished version(what it was supposed to be in the first place), but you have to pay extra for it'.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:35   Link #837
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Spoiler for Why Mina was glowing:

They stated ahead of time that they were having some time constraints. Even still I immensely enjoyed the action we did see. Makes me look forward to the blu rays intently now. I'm just glad it wasn't a recap like the rumor was.
She's not suppose to glow, that's my point.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:41   Link #838
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
She's not suppose to glow, that's my point.
This show has already shown that it's not really an adaptation of the manga, rather it being it's own telling of the story, so i don't see why it matters if she glows or not. Personally i found that it added quite the effect to her true form.
Old 2010-02-21, 13:05   Link #839
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This show has already shown that it's not really an adaptation of the manga, rather it being it's own telling of the story, so i don't see why it matters if she glows or not. Personally i found that it added quite the effect to her true form.
Yes glow in the dark Mina...a much needed addition to this adaptation...Gods knows I enjoy something that originally showed her prowess and beauty being on a different level turned into "lolglowstick form". A much needed change indeed...*sigh*

Ah geez yea well I was starting to actually enjoy the show and now this...All I can do is pray Shaft gets their act together and we won't have to suffer through something like this again...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:08   Link #840
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I don't see how her move was easy or stupid... We don't yet know the actual outcome of it. Also it seems that she was trying to expose the PM's puppet master. If she took a lax approach as you suggested then, not only would she look weak she would be risking everything on a gamble which is stacked up against her. Vampires have always been shown to be a dark evil creature which are higher then us on the food change. From all the movies (which I am guessing would exist in the show) we have been taught they they treat us like cattle. Referendum... No chance!

Also if it dragged out Japan's economy would have had a great chance of going the way of the dodo anyway. Have you seen how fickle the stock markets can be? A whisper that Jobs might be ill and the Apple stocks fell. Actually forget the vamps, there is a much darker blood sucking order called "bankers"

Why would vampires need to bow down to humans? As you say yourself vamps are considered to be the superior race (not that I agree with any race ranking system, but in context of the show....).

They are physically superior and live much longer (immortal?). Werewolves seem to be the only current race that are strong as vamps and they act as their bodyguards.

Mina's resources are shown to a level of country building... Kind of a human thing money, but right now it seems to be dominated by Mina.

They feed on humans... Now this is a nature thing, it really is hard to emphasise with your food. How many of our real life population are vegetarians due to respect and understanding of animals?

From the actions of the high ranking noble during the bombing episode, some of the royalty consider Japan to be a back water slum.

Mina is trying to create co-existence, not a bow down to humans. All she did in my opinion is play by the PM's rules and he lost
Mina doesn't see vampires or herself for that matter as superior at least in the manga which i heard that conversation with yuki that explains this was cut off in the anime a disappointing move in my opinion

Although that move turning the PMs kid into a vampire was a bad idea if it was anyone else it would easily started a war.

and nature of something doesn't really matter to us hell in castlevania terms belmont sees vampire feed on human belmont murders vampire no ifs and buts.

as for the glow on Minas true form me thinks thats a form of censorship but what do i know

One thing i admire about the tepes family they were not stupid enough to abuse the werewolves unlike Victor and his coven in underworld movie.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence