AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 20:50   Link #2801
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Oh that's just messed up...
You think that's messed up? Look at my other theory in the game thread. Ilya could have been HF's cheat code. All that stuff? Totally could have been avoided.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:26   Link #2802
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Concerning the boundary field around the Emiya household to warn of intruders; does it react to anyone who enters the property uninvited, or only people with hostile intentions?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:56   Link #2803
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Concerning the boundary field around the Emiya household to warn of intruders; does it react to anyone who enters the property uninvited, or only people with hostile intentions?
Pretty sure it's just hostile intentions, since it never seems to get set off by Sakura, Fuji-nee, or sex-crazed Rider.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 23:17   Link #2804
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure it's just hostile intentions, since it never seems to get set off by Sakura, Fuji-nee, or sex-crazed Rider.
Oh, that's a good point. Sakura and Fuji-nee I can see having permanent invitations, but Rider pretty much clinches it. Thanks!
Old 2010-11-15, 07:30   Link #2805
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
It also doesn't get set off by True Assassin when he comes to visit Shirou in HF. Or by Rin when she first comes into the house, for that matter (and IIRC she sort of invited herself in...). So, it seems that way.

Having said that, when Sakura returns in her Dark form, she does have "hostile intentions", and yet she doesn't set it off, so maybe it's both (otherwise the bell would ring every time Taiga got a little angry, and that would cause a lot of problems...).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 08:43   Link #2806
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
It also doesn't get set off by True Assassin when he comes to visit Shirou in HF. Or by Rin when she first comes into the house, for that matter (and IIRC she sort of invited herself in...). So, it seems that way.

Having said that, when Sakura returns in her Dark form, she does have "hostile intentions", and yet she doesn't set it off, so maybe it's both (otherwise the bell would ring every time Taiga got a little angry, and that would cause a lot of problems...).

Yeah... True Assassin might get a pass by virtue of Presence Concealment, but Rin pretty much charged in without really asking, so that's more evidence to the 'hostility' clause.

As for Dark Sakura, maybe it's possible that it still recognized her as 'Sakura' and didn't react because of that? Like it just ignores her at this point, either by virtue of the master of the house requesting it do so, or because of how much time she's spent there.
Old 2010-11-15, 08:59   Link #2807
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Yeah... True Assassin might get a pass by virtue of Presence Concealment
It's possible, but I doubt that a servant could sneak through a boundary field like that, even with Presence Concealment.

Quote:
Rin pretty much charged in without really asking, so that's more evidence to the 'hostility' clause.
Yeah, exactly.

Quote:
As for Dark Sakura, maybe it's possible that it still recognized her as 'Sakura' and didn't react because of that? Like it just ignores her at this point, either by virtue of the master of the house requesting it do so, or because of how much time she's spent there.
Well, yeah, that's what I was assuming, but it clearly doesn't fit with the idea that it's purely dependant on hostility. Like I said, though, it'd be somewhat awkward (and dangerous to Shirou's well-being) if Taiga was in a pissy one morning and charged in to the house ready to beat the shit out of him and then the warning bell went off, so he probably has built-in exceptions for the regular visitors.
Old 2010-11-15, 09:11   Link #2808
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
It's possible, but I doubt that a servant could sneak through a boundary field like that, even with Presence Concealment.
Well, as I recall, in UBW Caster just erases it completely at one point, so it could simply not be really equipped for handling Servant abilities. The general rule as I understand is that even an E-rank for a Servant is better than a human can achieve, and his Presence Concealment is Rank A+.

Quote:
Well, yeah, that's what I was assuming, but it clearly doesn't fit with the idea that it's purely dependant on hostility. Like I said, though, it'd be somewhat awkward (and dangerous to Shirou's well-being) if Taiga was in a pissy one morning and charged in to the house ready to beat the shit out of him and then the warning bell went off, so he probably has built-in exceptions for the regular visitors.
Sensible. If Sakura has some kind of special clause to allow her in no matter what, it's safe to assume Taiga has the same clause going. In fact, even more likely since she was Kiritsugu's friend too, so he could have allowed her access personally when he was setting the field up.
Old 2010-11-15, 09:59   Link #2809
GDB

Quote:
I thought Dark Sakura just sort of materialized there? Or just projected an image? Either way, it's not like she actually walked through the barrier, if I recall.

*edit*
Also, just had a few questions myself.

1) Was it ever stated where the jewel that Rin used to save Shirou came from? I mean, I know her dad gave it to her, and that it's "unique", but was it ever stated where he got it?

2) Was it ever stated why the Einzberns trusted Kiritsugu? Like, in-depth? Was it merely because he had a good reputation as a mage-killer or whatever?

Last edited by GDB; 2010-11-15 at 13:04.
Old 2010-11-15, 14:55   Link #2810
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
1) Was it ever stated where the jewel that Rin used to save Shirou came from? I mean, I know her dad gave it to her, and that it's "unique", but was it ever stated where he got it?
Every stone and diamond is unique for a variety of reasons, such as shape. I don't remember if they said where her father got it from, maybe it's a family heirloom?

Quote:
2) Was it ever stated why the Einzberns trusted Kiritsugu? Like, in-depth? Was it merely because he had a good reputation as a mage-killer or whatever?
I really have to read Fate/zero.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:16   Link #2811
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
As I understand it, yes. Einzbern Magi are not terribly well-suited for combat, and so they wanted the best hired gun they could get to be their representative and his name came up. They trusted him to do his part because the prize for winning was, well, extreme. Above and beyond the Grail (or rather, what he thought the Grail was), offering a solitary magus a place in an ancient family like Einzbern was basically the equivalent of taking a pauper off the streets and making him a prince. They really couldn't imagine him giving the chance up, most likely.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:24   Link #2812
GDB

So I was trying to find some information on Avenger outside of Hollow/Ataraxia. I could've sworn it mentioned in Heaven's Feel who originally summoned him, but I can't find that information anywhere. I want to say it was either the Makiri or Einzbern, but I'm not sure. Anyone happen to remember?
Old 2010-11-16, 12:17   Link #2813
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
So I was trying to find some information on Avenger outside of Hollow/Ataraxia. I could've sworn it mentioned in Heaven's Feel who originally summoned him, but I can't find that information anywhere. I want to say it was either the Makiri or Einzbern, but I'm not sure. Anyone happen to remember?
It was one of the two of them. I definitely remember it being explained and why said family did it. But... I can't remember who.

I am going with Einzbern though. Final answer.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:35   Link #2814
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I remember it being said in the visual novel that one of the masters summoned Angra Manyu simply because they made a mistake but I'm not sure. Einzberg does ring a bell, though I would've bet on a Tohsaka to make a monumental cock up like that. =P
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:47   Link #2815
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I remember it being said in the visual novel that one of the masters summoned Angra Manyu simply because they made a mistake but I'm not sure. Einzberg does ring a bell, though I would've bet on a Tohsaka to make a monumental cock up like that. =P
I am pretty sure it was done on purpose with the obvious intent of winning the war. Talk about something blowing up in your face.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:58   Link #2816
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I thought Dark Sakura just sort of materialized there? Or just projected an image? Either way, it's not like she actually walked through the barrier, if I recall.
No, she walked in, at least in that instance. The second time she shows up (the night before the final battle), it's just a familiar that she made look like her, but the first time around she just walks in and talks to Rin (at that point, I don't think she's far enough under the influence of Angra Mainyu for her to fully control her powers and, indeed, had Rin been a little nicer to her, it could well have ended there).

Quote:
It's never stated, but it's a "family heirloom", so I assume that the prana in it was built up over several generations, ith the intention of it being used when it would aid the Tohsaka family's quest for the Grail the most (so, I would assume that Tokiomi (and his ancestors) would be very pissed if he found out that Rin ended up using it to revive the guy her little sister loves...).

Quote:
He wanted the Grail, they wanted the Grail. It was purely an alliance of convinience, but since their goals were (seemingly) identical, they couldn't see any way it could go wrong. And, of course, to make doubly sure, they got him to marry the Lesser Grail (so that he would be attached to the family) and got them to have a child who would act as both a back-up plan (if he were to lose) and also an incentive for him to ensure that he doesn't (because if he had won, they'd have let him live with Ilya and, probably, do whatever the hell he liked with her (they might also have found a way to extend her life, as thanks)).

Quote:
It was the Einsberns, and it was intentional, because they were trying to get the god Angra Mainyu. But, since he doesn't exist/the Grail can't summon him, they got the "next best thing", which was some human who was turned into him by a bunch of asshole villagers who used him as a scapegoat for all their sins. Of course, ordinary humans aren't that powerful, so they basically lost straight away (note that the version of him summoned in HA has powers that the original version never had), and he was then absorbed into the Grail, at which point things went tits up.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:59   Link #2817
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It's never stated, but it's a "family heirloom", so I assume that the prana in it was built up over several generations, ith the intention of it being used when it would aid the Tohsaka family's quest for the Grail the most (so, I would assume that Tokiomi would be very pissed if he found out what Rin really did with it).
Didn't it only had the mana that Rin put in, not her father's or anyone before him?
Old 2010-11-16, 17:00   Link #2818
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Didn't it only had the mana that Rin put in, not her father's or anyone before him?
No. Rin never even saw it until the night before the war. Plus, there's way more prana in there than she could have put in it in her lifetime, especially when she was also charging the other jewels too.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:41   Link #2819
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
No. Rin never even saw it until the night before the war. Plus, there's way more prana in there than she could have put in it in her lifetime, especially when she was also charging the other jewels too.
Huh? I thought she had it for most of her life.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:50   Link #2820
GDB

Yeah, I thought her dad handed it to her right before he went off to the 4th war. Either way, she wasn't the one to put mana into it. She put them into the other 9 or so jewels that she had.