AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 15:09   Link #21
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Jiraiya's main goal was to help Naruto master it, but he failed and almost died. So it is simply the "chakra mode".
I will wait to read it in the manga. I think that you might be correct, but why the bother to call it in that subtle way?.

Quote:
Since Naruto is defensless against powerful genjutsu, it's obviously something that helps Naruto counter MS genjutsu. It is very important since as we saw even the godmode-superexperineced-Danzou was beaten using an MS genjutsu. Now Itachi is checking if it works properly, so i wonder the next time when Sasuke is the enemy how will it work. Since Kishimoto doesn't want to give any genjutsu ability to Naruto, it would be out of character, also doesn't want him to be friends with Kyuubi yet, seems that he gave to Naruto a sort of automatic genjutsu defense (similarily to Gaara's automatic physical defense).
Genjutsu is only a part. Don't forget Susano'o. I think that naruto's speed can be useful against amaterasu, but Susano'o is quite powerful in defence and attack.

Technically, would chakra mode help Naruto against Genjutsu?.
Old 2011-07-27, 15:25   Link #22
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I don't really see how at the moment to be honest. From what I understand, Naruto has to allow Kyuubi access to his chakra circulatory system in order to regain control of it in the event he gets placed under genjutsu. And Kyuubi needs to be willing to bail Naruto out given the opportunity. So until the Kyuubi's consciousness and Naruto can come to some kind of reconciliation , (or until Kishi comes up with another explanation/method) I'm not sure Naruto will be able to break genjutsu with chakra mode alone.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 15:41   Link #23
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I will wait to read it in the manga. I think that you might be correct, but why the bother to call it in that subtle way?.
What subtle way? It's been a looong time and there wasn't even one little tiny hint that "that" jutsu is not the kyuubi-chakra-mode. On the other hand everything that we have seen supports the idea that it is simply that.

Quote:
Genjutsu is only a part. Don't forget Susano'o. I think that naruto's speed can be useful against amaterasu, but Susano'o is quite powerful in defence and attack.

Naruto is above kage level in both ninjtusu and taijutsu, but in genjutsu he is nowhere. While Sasuke is a genjutsu powerhouse, even if he is not super talented as Itachi was, but by being an Uchiha he has the bloodline that gives him the ability. We expected that Naruto becomes friend with Kyuubi, so he can counter Sasuke's stuff like Bee could. But it didn't happen. So the only way Naruto can survive their encounter is if Itachi's gift saves him. Also it's obvious for plot reasons: Naruto could become a great ninja, one day the strongest, because he stands on the shoulders of giants, and one of them is Itachi, Itachi had to be one of them because he was a tragic hero of Konoha, and Kishimoto will always make the good guys help Naruto, that they their power and legacy lives in the main character until the end of the manga.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 15:45   Link #24
Kallen4life

YES !!! the glorious return of the CROWJOB

and, of course, a whole chapter about Itachi & Nagato .. best chapter in forever !
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 15:46   Link #25
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I don't really see how at the moment to be honest. From what I understand, Naruto has to allow Kyuubi access to his chakra circulatory system in order to regain control of it in the event he gets placed under genjutsu. And Kyuubi needs to be willing to bail Naruto out given the opportunity. So until the Kyuubi's consciousness and Naruto can come to some kind of reconciliation , (or until Kishi comes up with another explanation/method) I'm not sure Naruto will be able to break genjutsu with chakra mode alone.

well currently kyubi is still chweing on naruto threatening to convert him to the nakama side... guess that WILL happen before the end. I would think though that the current mode is capable of fighting level with susano, and yeah, speed for amaterasu and the crow for genjutsu /MS ... I wonder if it will be a one time protect, or an ability naruto now has gained that will activate whenever neccessary - btw I wonder if this is part of Itachi's individual power - placing a genjutsu defense crow in naruto is much like implanting Sasuske with the Madara defense Amaterasu - prly it is soemthing like Itachi being able to insert some of his own techniques into a persons subconscious which than will work if triggered by a predefined impulse (Madara, genjutsu or MS use)

oh and yeah, best chap in weeks. god awesome
Old 2011-07-27, 16:05   Link #26
Cael
Lurker Mode

Great Chapter! Loved It!
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 16:32   Link #27
Shining Celebi
a

Actually, I'm kind of confused by Itachi's confirmation.

We know Madara is at least partially a liar - he told Sasuke the kyuubi attack was a natural disaster and that the later suspicion of the Uchiha was unfounded, when we now know from Minato that Madara was behind the kyuubi attack and the Uchiha were up to something that night.

But Itachi told Sasuke that Madara helped him kill the Uchiha, which Sasuke already suspected because he couldn't understand how Itachi could singly kill the entire clan. Madara also told Sasuke that Itachi sought him out for his help in killing the clan.

Yet here, Itachi is apparently angry because he realizes that Madara knew the truth (So you did know...), which is nonsensical if Madara helped him. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Itachi believed Madara to be unaware that he was acting on orders, but then Madara had another source of information within Konoha. Maybe the other Uchiha were also in contact with Madara and thought they were working with him?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 17:00   Link #28
Fran~
floating away...

Perhaps Itachi lied to Madara about his reasons to the massacre, i don't know, he said that he was angry with them for some reason. But Madara DID know the clan was planning a coup. Perhaps Madara was the one behind the coup. As you saw, Madara has quite a collection of Sharingans...
Old 2011-07-27, 19:19   Link #29
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Them announcing all their moves is kinda ruining the fight.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 19:52   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps Itachi lied to Madara about his reasons to the massacre, i don't know, he said that he was angry with them for some reason.
He didn't want any war. He was traumatized as a kid for witnessing the 3rd ninja war. So if killing his clan prevented war, he was going to do it.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:15   Link #31
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
It's a good question; Madara has a veritable sharingan and rinnegan bank, remember? He implanted fancy shmancy eyes in the zombies of the jinchuriki's past, so I'm sure he had a spare pair lying around for Itachi-kun and Nagato-kun.
Unless Itachi's Mangekyo can project itself onto artificially implanted Sharingan eyes (somehow I doubt it), no, he didn't have any implanted. For whatever reason, his original eyes are intact.

That said, what would happen if Naruto tried implanting Edo Tensei!Itachi's eyes? XD
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 21:35   Link #32
BlueCosmos

one thought could be the crow is there to not only help naruto with genjutsu but also shows sasuke that he's not doing what his brother wanted him to do
sasuke: i destroy all of the fire nation to avenge itachi
naruto: well itachi gave me this random black crow thingy to stop you pwn!!
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:02   Link #33
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

This is getting lame. I understand if Kish finally wants to end the manga, though it makes so much dough, but he has to stay true to the character personalities.

Kabuto's smart. He would never allow his Impure Ressurection puppets to help the enemy. As soon as he saw them helping the enemy, he'd erase their personalities and make them fighting machines.

Didnt he do it with the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? So why isnt he doing it with the others? The Kages, Itachi, Paine, and others?

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:05   Link #34
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Hmmm, so I guess the Gaara chapters were chopped liver given how much awesome you think this chapter was.

Okay chapter and what you would expect. I agree that it felt very quick. It wasn't a chore to read. Nor did it feel that memorable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Welcome to the Edo Tensei fights. That's why this fight was never going to be epic or anything. The fight just can't be awesome given the circumstances.

Too bad even with Kabuto taking an active role in the fight, he is still badly handicapped by letting the zombies retain their personalities. So Itachi and Nagato will continue to warn Naruto and his sidekick about their attacks. Making it impossible for them to beat Naruto and Kirabi. I assume that Kabuto knows this. He has something else planned, right? It also looks like Kabuto was keeping ItaNaga specifically to capture Naruto and Bee and use them against Madara. But he has greatly underestimated Naruto's strength. Poor Kabuto didn't know Naruto overdosed on powerups.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:34   Link #35
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88, from Chapter 540 View Post
Next week on Naruto: Itachi muses how he perched Nagato on an unreachable seat when Nagato is unable to climb down
I'VE BEEN NAGATOROLLED! Nagato moved onto and off of that statue by himself because he can fly...Dammit!

Oh, wait, badass chapter intercepted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
Always believed that the purpose of the crow was to seal Sasuke's MS rendering him permanently blind and/or dead. Which is also why when Itachi gave that to Naruto he also said he'd hope he'd never had to use it. Makes sense since Itachi don't really want to see his little brother get hurt. He saw that Naruto had the will to save his brother but probably also saw that Naruto didn't have the means to stop the MS and thus gave him something to counter it.
You know, I doubt that Itachi's crow would ever do anything fatal to Sasuke, since Itachi still apparently cares for Sasuke's well-being, despite everything...Rather, I find it interesting that Itachi has a knack for planting self-activating techniques, particularly, the kind that activate at the sight of a Mangekyo Sharingan...If Itachi figured that Madara would try to do something with Sasuke, he probably also figured that Sasuke would get a Mangekyo Sharingan of his own after their fight; And if he did correctly anticipate them with convenient planted techniques to counter them at the right time, this makes Itachi crazy prepared...

My guess is that this is Naruto's equalizer to fight against the Mangekyo Sharingan, probably a way to neutralize it to prevent it from being used, or as a counter if it's used...What's upcoming with Itachi bringing the crow back out may just be a "proof of concept" in live fire against Itachi himself to see if it would still be effective against Sasuke, as well as being a quick end to Itachi's current power reign as a controlled zombie, or at the very least, be a handicap against the Mangekyo Sharingan, so that devastating techniques like Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and Susanoo can't be used...

My guess, anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Well, duh...Kabuto wants to capture Naruto and Killer Bee, but Nagato and Itachi are unwilling pawns in this fight, having been revived and controlled by Kabuto, and they don't want anything to do with it, so they're helping the heroes in a way that's counter-productive to the villain...It really shows how poor of a strategist Kabuto is...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 02:53   Link #36
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Nothing wrong with them announcing the attacks actually. It's the way that it interrupts the conversation during the fight.

Naruto: "Sasu..."
Itachi: "watch for my foot in your ass"
*insert short fighting*
Bee: "Yo Nar..."
Itachi: "going to hit you upside the head"
and so on...

If they had nothing to really talk about like the 3 Kage vs Gaara and co, it would be fine.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 04:27   Link #37
ronin myael
lost ronin

well at least the itachi mystery has been resolved and looks like we'll also get to find out what he really did to naruto. naruto's dialogue is still cheesy as hell though. or maybe it's just me. it seems that kishi's chapters have been quite cheesy lately. too much drama and talk. but overall, it's an okay chapter. the fight was decent too.
Old 2011-07-28, 06:44   Link #38
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

This chapter is fun to read. Dumb and stupid Naruto is really fun to be a comic relief.

I’m assuming that Nagato can’t use his Rinnegan since there is no Six Paths/ Six body there.

I’m really interested with the raven thing that Itachi put to Naruto but it seems like he’s taking it out now to him……..though I’m thinking that Kishimoto will never reveal about that yet because it is like a plot device to make the final battle of Naruto vs Sasuke be exciting and make it the most great battle of all times..

or I just misunderstood the chapter - - Itachi take out the raven to teach Naruto how to use it? (but it seems like not since Kabuto is controlling them)

either way, looking forward to the next chapter. I wish Kishimoto keep this up rather than the war yet.

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 07:29   Link #39
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
I’m assuming that Nagato can’t use his Rinnegan since there is no Six Paths/ Six body there.
Banshō Ten'in? Animal Path-esque Summoning? He might not literally be showing the Rinnegan (might be mistaking that), but those are definitely Rinnegan techniques...

Edit: To clarify, while he doesn't have the Six Paths, his status as the Seventh Path should be intact, and definitely appears to be.

Last edited by Akashin; 2011-07-28 at 07:29. Reason: Clarification
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 08:13   Link #40
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
This is getting lame. I understand if Kish finally wants to end the manga, though it makes so much dough, but he has to stay true to the character personalities.

Kabuto's smart. He would never allow his Impure Ressurection puppets to help the enemy. As soon as he saw them helping the enemy, he'd erase their personalities and make them fighting machines.

Didnt he do it with the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? So why isnt he doing it with the others? The Kages, Itachi, Paine, and others?
Kabuto had trouble trying to exert control over Hanzou alone. What makes you think he could so simultaneously do the same to arguably the two most powerful shinobi we've seen fight in this series? Even Orochimaru had to use hand seals at times to maintain erase-personality control over Hashirama and Tobirama.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion