Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 18:32   Link #3761
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
if you think that's bad, wait till 2016 after Obama's second term Short of Obama committing political suicide in a major way...Romney doesn't stand much of a chance imo.
I disagree with that opinion personally. Many people who were excited to support Obama, aren't anymore. The Hope and Change hasn't worked out the way many expected. I see this election being extremely close, and how the economy is doing, will be the deciding factor. We still have more than 7 months to go before election time. I also see the Supreme Court's decision on the healthcare reform bill passed two years ago, holding sway over voters, one way or the other. This is very much an open race.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:42   Link #3762
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hope and Change is gone....but Romney, Santorum and the like have ofered nothing different or better than what we have in the White House now.

Trading one bad for another bad that provides the same amount of bad...or potentially worse bad...does not win one an election.

If they offered something to believe in that wasn't 60+ year old stances on life, I might consider it. Be when one is proposing turning societies clock back to a time before my parents were born...that seems wrong.

I'm not going to vote for Obama. But I doubt I will vote for any of the Republicans either. (not that it will make too much of an impact...in California)
Old 2012-03-30, 04:11   Link #3763
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Gaffes aside, Romney tightens grip on Republican race
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82S1I020120329
Old 2012-03-30, 14:36   Link #3764
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I almost wish this country would just separate into two so we wouldn't have to keep up this charade.
I wish people would get over themselves and their labels. We're all human, we're all living in the same society, and when you boil away the bullshit, we all want the exact same thing. If we would all be a bit less stubborn, a bit less selfish, a bit less judgmental, and a bit more open-minded, I think we'd all have a fine time considering ourselves as one.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:38   Link #3765
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The Hope and Change hasn't worked out the way many expected.
I know the Obama administration isn't perfect, but not all of their poor performance is just them alone. They could be performing better if the Republicans actually cooperated more instead of trying to make Obama a one term president as their main goal. Just terrible they would do that in a time of need for the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I almost wish this country would just separate into two so we wouldn't have to keep up this charade.
Americans have become more divided over the years, and it is the fault of politicians. Both republicans and democrats have divided many Americans in an effort to cater to certain people for the sake of getting more votes. I know this isn't news to you, but "charade"? What "charade"? The truth is many Americans want more unity and social harmony, we just have many no good politicians to thank for the growing division in our country.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:40   Link #3766
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I know the Obama administration isn't perfect, but not all of their poor performance is just them alone. They could be performing better if the Republicans actually cooperated more instead of trying to make Obama a one term president as their main goal. Just terrible they would do that in a time of need for the nation.
Obama was way too naive, the Republicans being obstructionist should have been obvious but he got suck into their strategy.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:49   Link #3767
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Maybe he was naive, but that really isn't the problem, it is that the GOP wants to be obstructionists that is the real problem.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:54   Link #3768
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Gaffes aside, Romney tightens grip on Republican race
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82S1I020120329
Speaking of gaffes

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/3...ma-the-n-word/

Honestly, I don't what other word he expects us to believe he was about to say. What the hell other word starts with "nig" that you apply to Obama? Well, this is why I never believe the die hard denialists that racism no longer exists or is even prominent in many people's hatred of Obama. Then again, it's not like Frothy has had the best track record when it comes to blah people.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:56   Link #3769
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Maybe he was naive, but that really isn't the problem, it is that the GOP wants to be obstructionists that is the real problem.
that is a problem, Politics is like playing bumper cars with tanks. If he doesn't have what it takes to play the game then he shouldn't be playing.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:00   Link #3770
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
The want power more than they want America to be prosperous.

For them, the GOP, Power comes first, prosperity for all comes second.

If they didn't obstruct Obama, his changes "may have worked" which would lock out the next election campaign and may very well set a trend where Democrats win the next 4 elections.

The could not afford for Obama to be successful or else they would be rendered powerless (no white house) for several years.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:03   Link #3771
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Santorum
“I don’t use the term ‘black’ very often,” Santorum insisted. “I use the term ‘African American’ more than I use ‘black.’ And I as someone who did more work for historically black colleges, I used to — every year I used to bring all the historically black colleges into Washington, D.C. to try to help them.”
"I don't use the term 'black' very often. I use the term 'African American'. Now, allow me to talk about something and use the term 'black' every time, never once even considering 'African American'."

What a tool.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:03   Link #3772
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Speaking of gaffes

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/3...ma-the-n-word/

Honestly, I don't what other word he expects us to believe he was about to say. What the hell other word starts with "nig" that you apply to Obama?
Niggard? Nigerian? (Of course, they don't precisely apply, but it doesn't really matter, does it?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:03   Link #3773
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that is a problem, Politics is like playing bumper cars with tanks. If he doesn't have what it takes to play the game then he shouldn't be playing.
I can agree that that is a problem, but the problem of the GOP being obstructionists in a time of need for America can't be understated.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:06   Link #3774
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I can agree that that is a problem, but the problem of the GOP being obstructionists in a time of need for America can't be understated.
it is not understated, it was expected.

it should have been something Obama should have taking into consideration and plan for.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:13   Link #3775
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
it is not understated, it was expected.

it should have been something Obama should have taking into consideration and plan for.
Sure, Obama shouldn't have been naive about this, but it almost seems like you would rather not blame the GOP for their errors regarding these things. Sure, the GOP has just been "playing politics"...good for them. Go ahead, GOP, play politics for four years while are country faces some real challenges...
Old 2012-03-30, 15:15   Link #3776
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... while it may be tempting to punish Obama for not being the solution, the GOP shouldn't be rewarded for being the problem?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:16   Link #3777
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Sure, Obama shouldn't have been naive about this, but it almost seems like you would rather not blame the GOP for their errors regarding these things.
Blaming the GOP for being obstructionist would be like blaming a Scorpion for being Scorpion.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:17   Link #3778
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
It's a bit simpler than that. Obama isn't naive, he's just not the person he was marketed as during the campaign. For all of his wonderful speeches, he's governed rather conservatively. Many of the ideas he has endorsed are former Republican ideas (former only because he choose to include them and they've made it a mission to distance from him as much as possible). The mandate in health care, the cuts to social programs, the commissions, cap and trade, tax cuts and breaks, record number of deportations, the defense authorization, etc.

His party may grumble in public for PR purposes, but when it comes to voting they'd stood by him almost unanimously. His administration is a revolving door of people who either failed upwards (Geithner, Holder) or have strong influence in business (namely, finance). There's a reason the government backlash has been so tame against Wall Street - the Obama administration has blocked most of the attempts to bring any resolution or justice to those who crashed the system. Don't listen to the hype about the market recovery, the majority of it is for the people at the top, not you the average citizen. Nothing has changed to prevent 2008 from happening again.....in fact it's even worse now than it was then. Hurry for bubbles!

I'm not meaning to rail just against Obama, but I'm simply pointing out that at this point, business and government are locked together firmly and are determined to preserve that arrangement as it has proved to be very lucrative to the pocketbooks of both. Ignore the bones tossed at the public when it grumbles, that's basically the equivalent of "let them have cake".

I was someone who got suckered into the hype. I wanted to believe that my generation would get the FDR it needed, but that didn't happen. We got Hoover. And it sucks.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:20   Link #3779
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm not blaming all the shortcomings of the Obama administration on the GOP, not at all. I knew Obama wasn't going to be the guy many thought he would be, and his administration hasn't done well with some things, I'm just frustrated that the GOP goes beyond just not helping in all of this, but that they've been damaging in all of this.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:21   Link #3780
Xagzan

Quote:
Blaming the GOP for being obstructionist would be like blaming a Scorpion for being Scorpion.
I, for one, tend to afford more responsibility to humans than to other animals.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 elections, us elections