AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 20:22   Link #3141
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Is this story arc an anime original or is this in the printed material? Does this anime follow the light novels or is it going for an anime original ending?
From what I recall 1~6 is volume 1, 7~12 is volume 2, 13~18 is volume 3, and 19 and on is anime original. In other words the yacht race and pirate hunting arcs are original to the anime. The next arc in the light novels is 2 volumes-worth (4 and 5) and would fit a whole cur by itself, which is probably why they opted for an anime original.

I liked the yacht race immensely, but this pirate hunting arc is rather jarring from a consistency standpoint. Zig-zagging space ships,
Spoiler for Episode 24:
just feels too *different*.

... but Chiaki was really cute and Coorie was hot, so I guess I'm even
Old 2012-06-16, 20:32   Link #3142
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I hope I will know soon

not dead, I hope not

I think in hostage but probably after by whom? xD

and yes I thought the same thing so it has probably been replaced but ... depuit the "beginning of the anime" or in the middle? if it's from the beginning ...?
After be no doubt about that Luca is really made ​​... since it was from the beginning with the others in the crew and Ririka Gonzaemon ...
Other pirate ships may have suffered a crew replacement trick i.e. replacing a crew member with a rigged android enables the Grand Cross to trackdown other Pirate ships.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 20:37   Link #3143
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We also now know they have life-like android technology in this universe.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:38   Link #3144
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ah, so we are in the anime original arc. That explains why this recent episode(s) felt a bit odd. I mean, cyber Luca? Where is the original? And double Kane? And Marika meets with the captain of Grand Cross out of nowhere, and even have a unit ready against her.

The greatest surprise was Coorie's 'proper' attire .
Old 2012-06-16, 20:44   Link #3145
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also possible cloaking technology...at least on the personal level. Though it was only a hologram, but holograms don't usually hit people.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:46   Link #3146
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Too many curveballs... Unfortunately, the Law of Conservation of Characters is still preserved...

Looks like Pretenders-- I mean cyborgs are this universe's equivalent of Mirror Universe duplicates.

@itekro: Mobile holographic emitters. Descendents of the Doctor.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:47   Link #3147
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
I liked the yacht race immensely, but this pirate hunting arc is rather jarring from a consistency standpoint. Zig-zagging space ships,
Spoiler for Episode 24:
Yea. All this... it's really throwing things off. It was better for the real Luca to turn out as a spy, and she gets killed off... rather than this.

As someone else had asked: Then where is the real Luca?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 20:53   Link #3148
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the cat-monkey infection seems to have been planned, so that is the most likely time for a switch. Real Luca seemed to be there in the hospital, but given the rather odd way Misa came around to that conclussion, it will take some effort to pinpoint when Luca did anything suspect. Such as trying to figure out what Misa means by it all.
Old 2012-06-16, 21:47   Link #3149
ReddyRedWolf

Did I just see pirate ninjas for the next ep?

As for Luca getting replaced I can only think of right after the hospital ship cleared the crew.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 22:08   Link #3150
molitar

Wow.. to find Luca was replaced. But why is nobody wondering where the real Luca is? Seems most likely she was probably switched maybe when released from the hospital as they would all have to have private physical exams.. could of been easily done at that time.

Now what is Kane hiding with the two of him? Misa, was researching him before Luca came to her so evidently they suspect something but what is he hiding? He does not seem to have much concern maybe he has an android double and they are swapping back and forth on Ironbeard's shipping keeping news out to Ironbeard and Ririka on Marika. Kane, just seems to know too much while everyone else was shocked at the ship and it's gravitation zig-zag Kane was cool as ever.

We just have a small piece of everything and just do not know how the entire puzzle fits. Ririka was greeted by the one that is most likely was Ironbeard who she says at the time 'Oh, it's you'. Next thing we know Ririka has gotten her large ship pilot license and we now see that she is indeed piloting that large ship of Ironbeard's. Who is Ironbeard that she would say it must be fate.

It is possible he is Marika's father and he had to fake his death to pilot that large ship is one possibility which could be what she meant by Fate.. Marika's father was captain and she served under him and now once again serving under him again.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 22:20   Link #3151
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Misa, was researching him before Luca came to her so evidently they suspect something but what is he hiding?
Nah. She was simply staring at pics of him wearing that Speedo.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 22:34   Link #3152
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

At first I said no it is not his father but now that I've seen in the vessel Ririka this man so there .... yes me too I do not really doubt it would be made ​​at Marika's father now we must wait for an answer if it's true or not then it is really his father and why he and Ririka have Marika lied to ...

and

Then I watch the episode again but this time taking my time to translate the French phrases and LOL I want to tell the father of Chiaki: Good Job!!! for his phrase:

"how was your trip with your favorite captain?"

and see Chiaki blush when hearing his haha good good very good haha

Old 2012-06-16, 22:56   Link #3153
Theo

You know, when I think of ruthless antipirates who isolate and slaughter lone ships, the pop star "Quartz Christie" doesn't strike fear into my heart.

Names like "Corsa Baines" (corsair bane) or "Norma Briga" (No more brigands). Fortunately, not "Savage Oppress" levels of obviousness, but it still does the job.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:03   Link #3154
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fear is irrelivant when you have a ship like the hers though. Just that level of power is enough to freak the local pirates out.

Be like if it was Darth Snuggles on something called the Great Sphere. If it blow up planets all the time...you are still going to fear it no matter what it is called or who's commanding it.
Old 2012-06-16, 23:09   Link #3155
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Fear is irrelivant when you have a ship like the hers though. Just that level of power is enough to freak the local pirates out.

Be like if it was Darth Snuggles on something called the Great Sphere. If it blow up planets all the time...you are still going to fear it no matter what it is called or who's commanding it.
This is from the audience's point of view. I sure as hell won't take it seriously with a name like that no matter what weapons he has.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:25   Link #3156
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The locals would probably start calling him "Darth Snuggles: Destroyer of World".
Old 2012-06-16, 23:35   Link #3157
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
From what I recall 1~6 is volume 1, 7~12 is volume 2, 13~18 is volume 3, and 19 and on is anime original. In other words the yacht race and pirate hunting arcs are original to the anime. The next arc in the light novels is 2 volumes-worth (4 and 5) and would fit a whole cur by itself, which is probably why they opted for an anime original.

Spoiler for Episode 24:

... but Chiaki was really cute and Coorie was hot, so I guess I'm even

The season/series is about to wrap up in 2 episodes. I can see the current story arc ending but not an epic finale for the series.

This series needs at least 26 more episodes.

Is Ironbeard confirmed to be Marika's father? What is he's just Ririka's twin brother or an android built to look like him?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:56   Link #3158
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The season/series is about to wrap up in 2 episodes. I can see the current story arc ending but not an epic finale for the series.

This series needs at least 26 more episodes.

Is Ironbeard confirmed to be Marika's father? What is he's just Ririka's twin brother or an android built to look like him?
Yes I hope there will be a season 2 with 26 episodes ... because the black History in itself is not finished and does not end with episode 26 (the novel knowing that continuing is not it?)

Ironbeard then no it is not confirm nothing is confirmed about him, who he really is, are linked Ririka, husband ... Marika's father? I think its because I could Ririka him and then all I thought about it but its still to be confirmed. For now have is on ... Ririka and Ironbeard have a link so we must wait for future episodes to see which

Old 2012-06-16, 23:58   Link #3159
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

While I agree that there were some issues this episode, like the Grand Cross captain appearing out of nowhere to talk with Marika, the main thing that has me continuing to watch this series is Marika easily slipping into super-confident mode, able to take whatever comes-regardless of how ridiculous it is-with a straight face. In a weird way, that's been the charm of this rather 'safe' show.

It's also been so refreshing seeing a lead who's competent. I never get people who say there needs to be character growth, and thus characters need to start off as whiny incompetents for there to be a good story (ok, not in so many words, but...). Or that it'd be boring to watch someone who's already competent/perfect. Every day, in real life, I cherish the days I spend only surrounded by competence (rare, let me tell you).

My first impulse, regarding Kane, is to dive into all sorts of wacky conspiracy theories, but I have to remember a fairly common theme in this series: things are rarely as fantastic or whacky as your imagination would have it, and often there's some fairly mundane, 'safe', purpose behind everything. It could be as simple as Marika's father still being alive (something I feel is very likely), and Kane being his spy, and...ok, none of that makes any real sense, but the spirit of my remark over it likely being fairly harmless stands true.

I see Ririka is slowly being pushed back to space, but I have confidence that the writers/director/etc aren't going to fall into the trap of making too big a deal of the dramatic reveal, when she inevitably contributes in some way towards saving the day, because we already know Marika has some mother-issues in regard towards her perception that Ririka is a superwoman.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:08   Link #3160
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i bet Kenjou mistook Marika for a man for what happend to his daughter he needs his freaking eyes getting checked, i shall nickname alternate appearence Coorie as COOLrie!!, so the only way to distinguish the Kane twins is the ahoge?, android Luca is a freaking Terminator!! if only it was Schetzer that was fighting her it would had been more awsome cyborg vs android!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri