Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-17, 12:56   Link #1
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

フタコイ (Futakoi)

From the art in magazines, this anime looks interesting with twin girls as the main character. Anyone knows what this anime is about? Are there any groups planning to fansub it?
Old 2004-08-17, 13:00   Link #2
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

When does it start airing?
Old 2004-08-17, 13:08   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Futakoi HP: http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/hutakoi/

Airs: October 6, 2004
Old 2004-08-17, 13:13   Link #4
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

The website is http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/gs/futakoi/

If you click on the story section, it looks very similiar to Kita He, Diamond Dust.
Since I consider Kita He was a surprise gem in this year, I would prefer not to miss this one. Any raw available?
Old 2004-08-17, 13:15   Link #5
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Any raw available?
How about waiting until October 6th?
Old 2004-08-17, 13:17   Link #6
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Sorry, Kj and I posted the reply at the same time, I did not see his post.

I particulary like the twins character design in Shirogane storyline
Old 2004-08-17, 13:18   Link #7
wao
OK.

It seems like there's "two" versions of it or something, I'm not sure - one is Futakoi in katakana, and another Futakoi in kanji. Yet it's the same thing? Yet it's animated by different people, one is by ufotable and another is by Telecom Animation. seems like they have different character sets too. I dunno, I'm too lazy to translate...

I think I'm completely not interested. Seems like harem of some sort.
Old 2004-08-17, 13:24   Link #8
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
First of all, it is most likely not a fan service anime. You need to see the "Kita He~ Diamond Dust" to understand the storytelling style. Nevertheless, I think this anime only appeals to shoujo fans.
Old 2004-08-17, 13:29   Link #9
wao
OK.

Yeah, I know, I was generalizing just by looking at the main image, a whole bunch of cute girls, all twins, and one guy being dragged around...

I just don't see the appeal; so what if they're twins, that "novelty" has long been lost on me... and girls in anime hardly appeal to me at all, as a general rule. I don't know, it's all probably a huge sweeping statement, but I'm probably not watching this. I wasn't a big fan of Kita He myself... Even though the storytellign was interesting, I was asking myself, "why am I watching this"? I did not get any insights from life or feel any sort of feeling for them or anything. It was just... aah, never mind. and I dislike shoujo in general.

Also, can't there be a harem without the fanservice?
Old 2004-08-18, 11:19   Link #10
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Ara!? What does it called again??
I was Inform of this anime through the local anime magazine (Ani-Week) I thought the character design is quite good but have no idea what anime is it. So is new huh?
Old 2004-08-19, 00:10   Link #11
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
It seems like there's "two" versions of it or something, I'm not sure - one is Futakoi in katakana, and another Futakoi in kanji. Yet it's the same thing? Yet it's animated by different people, one is by ufotable and another is by Telecom Animation. seems like they have different character sets too. I dunno, I'm too lazy to translate...

Futakoi (katakana) that focus on the Shirogane twins are mistery story, probably a light one, not dark mistery story.
Futakoi (kanji) probably would have all six pair in a love comedy.

they'll make the one in Kanji first ?
Old 2004-08-24, 04:02   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the most interesting thing is that it seems they'll make the two series at the same time, with the same CVs, based on the same game, and air at the same time?

Anyway the characters in Double Love/Futakoi is interesting enough... harem show with lots of twins, that's a very... intriguing idea to say the least

It seems the kanji one is a harem show, while the katakana one is a shoujo-ai show? Hmm...

I doubt it can be like Kita He ~ Diamond Dust Drops ~ simple because of the presence of the male character in the post Kita He is definitely not a fan-service show and NOT a harem show. If it can be like Kita He, the better, since I consider Kita He one of the best shows of 2004, if not the best show of 2004, up to now at least.
Old 2004-10-07, 01:50   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just seen the raw of Futakoi (the one whose title uses kanji) and the characters are just about the most kawaii imaginable. For that alone, I'll keep watching. The drawing is simple but expressive, and gives a clean, fresh impression.

I didn't see any fanservice, just terminal cuteness. So far there are three sets of cute twins, two around the protagonist's age (15?) and one much younger. They all like him a lot, of course. Fortunately, he is nice, kind and not stupid. So far.

I also don't see any Kita-e. It just seems like a low-key harem show, with the addition of some pleasant sentimentality. We'll see what the plots bring. Enjoyable so far. As one ad says: "Enjoy the stories of six pairs of cute twins."

Here is the show's TV Tokyo website:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/futakoi/

Here is the Mediaworks website for the anime:
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/...koi/twins4.php

Here is a Mediaworks website for the game, anime, second anime and other products:
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/...akoi/index.php

Here is a Starchild website. The two windows are for the two anime:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/hutakoi/

The two anime have the same seiyuu but different directors. The one anime started on Wednesday night at 1 a.m. I can't find any indication that the second one, the one said to be a mystery story, is scheduled yet.
Old 2004-10-10, 04:45   Link #14
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched the first episode, I think I won't continue... cute characters for sure, but there are just too many other good shows this season and I'm having less time to watch animes nowadays so I don't think it will make it on to my "keep watching list"... nothing much stands out, just a harem show with twins... the only thing I especially like in the show is that sheep...
Old 2004-10-10, 15:29   Link #15
Catnips

I really love this series.I've Futakoi in Dengeki G's,It replacement for Sister Princess and Happy Lesson that ended last year.Anyway its Mediaworks and serialized in Dengeki G's so expect cuteness.
Old 2004-11-04, 00:11   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnips
I really love this series.I've Futakoi in Dengeki G's,It replacement for Sister Princess and Happy Lesson that ended last year.Anyway its Mediaworks and serialized in Dengeki G's so expect cuteness.
Yeah, just saw Ishin's fansub (of the Futakoi TV anime)! (I guess that means this thread should be moved?) It reminds me a lot of Sister Princess, except with twins and without the onii-chan bit. I expect this will be one of those shows, like Sister Princess, that will get widely panned... but I enjoyed it for the simple cuteness that it is. Thanks Ishin for ensuring this show didn't get overlooked.
Old 2004-11-04, 01:45   Link #17
Enron
Banned

Wow, 15 replies, 15 lolicons. People that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail.
Old 2004-11-04, 03:52   Link #18
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
Wow, 15 replies, 15 lolicons. People that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail.
I call troll.

I've watched a bit of the first episode (haven't had time to watch any more), and I keep wondering how they tell the twins apart. (Or maybe that's part of the story.)
Old 2004-11-04, 04:13   Link #19
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Telling them apart looks like it'll be a challenge, although one pair has slightly different hairstyles, the others have different colored ribbons. In any case, it can't be as hard as telling all seven Nanas in Seven of Seven apart. I wonder where they're going to go with the plot, it could just be a light comedy where the main guy gets chased by all the twins and never "chooses" any of them, or if he actually does make a choice there could be some drama, especially for the "losing" twin. In any case, I'm really glad Ishin picked it up--I was curious about this show from when I first heard about it and was afraid it was going to go unsubbed.
Old 2004-11-04, 04:15   Link #20
Archaic

Colour coding most of the time it seems.

The series is fairly simple to understand, even without. I'd strongly recommend people who are learning the language to get the raws and challenge themselves. You might surprise yourself.

In any case, I wouldn't be worried about it going unsubbed. Besides Ishin, I'm providing translations for AnY (Amazed they didn't have the episode out beside Ishin actually, it was waiting fully translated for the better part of a week), and I believe there was another group that'd expressed interest in it too.
Closed Thread