AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-14, 10:50   Link #441
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Lol I was expecting that response from someone
Old 2011-09-14, 14:29   Link #442
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I smell bait.. bait to bring in a couple thousand who would have not bought it because of no samesex relationships, sure they say it will be added later... but hey, look at WoW... promissed new dances.. wheres that at hmm?

I don't buy it, suspicious to me..
True, it could be a lie. But for every example of a company lying you can find an example of a company being true to their word. I prefer the non-paranoia vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Could you ignore a romance arc until they add the content then pursue it. I just say this because it might be the case that a 'romance arc' is an important feature in your characters development, that you cannot skip. Maybe you can, maybe you can't - I haven't seen it confirmed either way.
This bit has been cleared up.

"Lastly for those of you who seem concerned that you will be 'tricked' into any romance arc in the game - all romance choices are clearly marked. You will be aware you're making those choices as you make them."
(source)

The others are still iffs and maybes. Probably even for Bioware.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 07:38   Link #443
Westlo
Lets be reality

Release is set for the 20th of December.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 08:41   Link #444
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Release is set for the 20th of December.
Heh, link to source?

Edit: NM I found it; I haven't touched the site in days LOL

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 08:42   Link #445
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Star Wars: The Old Republic Ships on Dec. 20, Subscriptions Detailed
Each copy of the game will come with a 30 day subscription. After that runs out gamers will need to pay ongoing subscription fees to play:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

W00t! Can't wait to play the game.

Over here silly chey source
Quote:
To all of our Old Republic fans:

In 2008, along with our partners at LucasArts, we took to the stage to announce the development of the long-rumored BioWare massively multiplayer game set in the Star Wars™ universe. Over the past few years, we’ve pulled back the curtain and shown you why Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is the groundbreaking story-driven MMO you’ve always wanted, and how this game will change the MMO genre forever. We’ve given you a peek behind the scenes each week, showing you what it takes to create the largest MMO in development. Our team has traveled the world to give fans a chance to experience the game first-hand, and you’ve created an active pre-launch community larger than we’ve ever seen. Our Game Testing program has been a huge success, and thanks to you we have been able to achieve the BioWare level of quality our fans have come to expect in all of our games.

Today, the wait is truly over – for a release date, at least.

It is our pleasure to finally announce to you that Star Wars: The Old Republic will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America, and in Europe on December 22, 2011. This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated the past few years to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release. When we launch this groundbreaking MMO this holiday, we hope you agree that it will have been worth the wait.

May the Force be with you,
Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
Co-founders, BioWare
Old 2011-09-24, 09:19   Link #446
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Yeah; I'd been neglecting my daily visits to the site for a week or so now LOL I totally missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic Ships on Dec. 20, Subscriptions Detailed
Each copy of the game will come with a 30 day subscription. After that runs out gamers will need to pay ongoing subscription fees to play:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

W00t! Can't wait to play the game.

Over here silly chey source

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 09:24   Link #447
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still no announcement for us rest-of-the-world-ers.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 03:16   Link #448
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Few months after no doubt.

Unless you got it off of Amazon or something..
Old 2011-09-25, 12:19   Link #449
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*monotone* Oh no, no same gender romance arcs. The game is doomed.
No, more like I'm still pissed this is a poopsocky MMO instead of a single-player game, and this just makes me even more glad I'm not playing it.
Old 2011-09-25, 13:37   Link #450
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No, more like I'm still pissed this is a poopsocky MMO instead of a single-player game, and this just makes me even more glad I'm not playing it.
Your loss then, nobody cares if you dont like the fact that it's a MMORPG and not the next KOTOR which it could actually be if you just played through it by yourself.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:03   Link #451
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

ahhh just chose the class im going to be smuggler then gun slinger nice and plainn.
Old 2011-10-15, 15:35   Link #452
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Got into the closed beta weekend last weekend and I love it. I wasn't even considering buying it at all after watching only commentaries and game trailers. But now that I actually tried it (despite it being a closed beta, I played hardcore that weekend with no life lolz...) and I'm going to pre-order it.

I tried out Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer and liked it but I've been reading polls and such and that's going to be the most overplayed class at launch so I'm probably going to roll Sith Warrior - Marauder.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 16:33   Link #453
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Any lightsaber class is going to be overplayed, methinks. It's a Star Wars MMO after all.

Also, RAWR!!! at someone who barely had interest in the game getting into beta weekends over someone who has been following the game since 2008.

I am jealous.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:13   Link #454
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Any lightsaber class is going to be overplayed, methinks. It's a Star Wars MMO after all.

Also, RAWR!!! at someone who barely had interest in the game getting into beta weekends over someone who has been following the game since 2008.

I am jealous.
xDD. Well, I was initially interested in the game when I first heard about it a couple years back, subscribed to their site and all and then I just lost track of it until this past month when I read it was coming out. So, I went ahead and looked up some videos and it didn't look appealing to me (I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the videos are pretty bad quality, and they are), but I do remember signing up for the beta test long ago. I never thought I'd get in until last week, but now I <3 it after trying it!

True about any lightsaber class is overplayed, but I did see a good amount of the Bounty Hunter classes though, not so many Imperial Agents (polls say that is going to be the least played class). But out of the 4 different lightsaber classes, there were tons of Sorcerers. Hehe, I wouldn't even consider them a lightsaber class since they only have a basic auto-attack skill + a normal attack skill while the rest of their skills are ranged force power stuffs.

Who wouldn't want to be a a lightsaber user and be a sith?!

Old 2011-10-16, 17:27   Link #455
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I don't, I really want to be a smuggler so I can be like Han solo . What role is the imperial agent? Dps?
Old 2011-10-16, 18:52   Link #456
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I don't, I really want to be a smuggler so I can be like Han solo . What role is the imperial agent? Dps?
Pretty much. The advance classes for it is Sniper and Operative. I hear Sniper does epic damage.

Old 2011-10-16, 19:41   Link #457
kagato3

Quote:
Agent is the smuggler mirror class they use rifles insted of dual pistols but they will more or less play the same. so the have the stealth dps, range dps or medic options.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:03   Link #458
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Awwww what, then whats the bounty hunters mirror'ed class? I thought the smuggler was the mirror of bounty.
Old 2011-10-17, 12:53   Link #459
Xacual

Quote:
Awwww what, then whats the bounty hunters mirror'ed class? I thought the smuggler was the mirror of bounty.
Trooper - Bounty Hunter
Smuggler - Agent

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 15:37   Link #460
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Thanks, still going to be a Smuggler but I think my alt will be a trooper then.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows