AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 13 [Bonus] Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 20.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.26%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 15:41   Link #121
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I thought it was just interesting to see each of the band members in their own individual lives for once without being hassled by each other...I'm typically not a fan of SOL (Figure that acronym out) stuff, but I guess after everything we've been through in this series, I just wanted something humble...

I guess the only other highlight in this episode was Ritsu with her bangs down; I just don't know if I genuinely thought she looked good with that hair style, or if after 12 previous episodes I was just tired of looking at the same old damn thing and welcomed something new...

Oh, and I found it extremely peculiar the gold top Les Paul Azusa has in her house, seeing as how her personal preference doesn't seem to swing that way...

Speaking of "swinging", Ritsu is too conceited to believe that a female could write a love letter, I believe...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-07-01, 17:11   Link #122
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
...Speaking of "swinging", Ritsu is too conceited to believe that a female could write a love letter, I believe...
So after all of the yuri illos from the fanbase showing Ritsu as a top, here Mio goes and drops a loveletter into Ritsu's mailbox... Suuuuuuure it was just lyrics!
Old 2009-07-02, 01:10   Link #123
cloudstrife13

Hey guys, i just found out in the official k-on website that there MIGHT be another extra episode tonight(in Japan), i found this in their site.

Quote:
東北放送(TBC)
  7/ 2 深夜1時34分より
  最終回・番外編一挙放送となります
Babelfish Translation:

Quote:
Northeast broadcast (TBC)   7/2 nighttime 1:34 from   It becomes last time extra compilation action broadcast
Old 2009-07-02, 01:32   Link #124
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode, Aww poor Ritsu thought she had herself a guy. I also liked the bit with Yui trying to play with gloves on then scolding the gloves. oh and the call back to Mio's big hands. I don't know if it would make a difference to many, but unlike many here I watch this show over last 6 days, rather then 13 weeks. I think it's easier to see the progress people made however small watching it more together.

Last edited by OkamiNoKaze; 2009-07-02 at 01:34. Reason: further thoughts
Old 2009-07-02, 10:48   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife13 View Post
Hey guys, i just found out in the official k-on website that there MIGHT be another extra episode tonight(in Japan), i found this in their site.
Nah, they're just saying that channel TBC was going to air both the final episode (12) and the bonus episode (13) back-to-back starting at 1:34am. They were a bit behind the main airing on TBS.
Old 2009-07-02, 17:46   Link #126
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
I'm going to miss Mio and Azy-nyan~~ ToT

I dont suppose there's news on a second season or OVA's?
Old 2009-07-02, 17:56   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black~Destiny View Post
I dont suppose there's news on a second season or OVA's?
The only "news" is that the 7th Blu-Ray/DVD volume, to be released in January, will probably contain an extra episode. Beyond that, it's probably a bit too early to expect them to go too much further given the current manga material.
Old 2009-07-02, 18:22   Link #128
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Of course, the other alternative is to follow the manga as they get released so there will be something to look forward to in the second season...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-07-02, 18:44   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And sadly... many many franchises never get a second season because by the time more source material is available, the raving fan hordes are off to the Next Shiny Thing.
Old 2009-07-02, 18:53   Link #130
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Beyond that, it's probably a bit too early to expect them to go too much further given the current manga material.
Lol I'd thought as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And sadly... many many franchises never get a second season because by the time more source material is available, the raving fan hordes are off to the Next Shiny Thing.
It's such a shame how so many animes lose their chance at a 2nd season just because of that
Old 2009-07-02, 20:26   Link #131
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Which reminds me, where's my Hyakko second season? >_<

Nah, K-ON will sell no matter when its second season airs, like Haruhi sells after all that time, like most Kyoani things sell. It is the age of moe, and if Kyoani is good at one thing, it's brainless moe.
Old 2009-07-05, 21:57   Link #132
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Honestly, I'm quite excited about the chance for a second season of K-ON! If it would be anything like the current manga chapters, then I'd say the second season would provide a lot more entertainment and quality.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:23   Link #133
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Explain the oddity that was Canvas2 then. And why, in spite of that, there's a Canvas3.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:51   Link #134
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

On exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
1. the act of excepting or the fact of being excepted.
2. something excepted; an instance or case not conforming to the general rule.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:52   Link #135
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
On exceptions
Yeah I know. It was a rhetorical question.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:22   Link #136
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I was half tempted to quote the definition of deadpan joke there.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:29   Link #137
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Honestly, I'm quite excited about the chance for a second season of K-ON! If it would be anything like the current manga chapters, then I'd say the second season would provide a lot more entertainment and quality.
Yep. I need more Azusa. She came in REALLY late. REALLY LATE!!
Old 2009-07-06, 08:51   Link #138
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
oh and the call back to Mio's big hands.
Yeah, was that a throwback to a previous episode? I scanned the first seven or eight minutes before the girls separated, but didn't find anything concerning Mio or her hands.
Old 2009-07-06, 08:54   Link #139
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah, was that a throwback to a previous episode? I scanned the first seven or eight minutes before the girls separated, but didn't find anything concerning Mio or her hands.
Episode 10.
Old 2009-07-06, 22:40   Link #140
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Explain the oddity that was Canvas2 then. And why, in spite of that, there's a Canvas3.
By the way, this is a completely non-functioning example in almost every way imaginable. Not that there weren't good examples, but this just isn't one of them at all.
Closed Thread