Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-18, 05:27   Link #721
Langus
Optimus Prime

Why not just make Isshin the king?

It's not as crazy as it seems. The king resides in a separate dimension from SS. Aizen moved the fight to K-town - a separate dimension from SS.

No one that we have seen thus far has said they have seen the king or know what he looks like. Everything about him is very secretive. Those shinigami who go to his guard are never heard from again. He's almost god-like - people know he exists and respect his power and authority without any actual evidence beyond the hullabaloo that surrounds him to testify that he exists.

Now if Isshin is the king, that would make Ichigo a prince (I guess) which
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
It also explains to some extent Ichigo's currently unexplained crazy power levels. The prodigy of SS, Hitsugaya, and the previous one, Gin, and the prodigy of the arrancar, Ulquiorra, have got absolutely nothing on him. Nowhere close.

That's my crack theory anyway. And if Isshin is supposed to be playing a bigger role in the upcoming arc, that just might be why.
Old 2010-03-18, 07:52   Link #722
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I have to admit that it is possible. I just find that the main character being part of a royal family and never actually knowing it is rather cliche. There are so many examples of this that it's just not original anymore.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2010-03-18, 15:49   Link #723
Nakitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I have to admit that it is possible. I just find that the main character being part of a royal family and never actually knowing it is rather cliche. There are so many examples of this that it's just not original anymore.
I quite agree with you that it has merit, it certainly is conceivable and easily fits the current situation ... however, I also agree that it might be a bit too cliche to actually happen.

Above all I think that this track we're headed down with the discussion is much warmer than anything else people have come up with so far...

Spoiler for Bleach Manga:
Old 2010-03-23, 18:17   Link #724
zerodragon

all this about ichigp's dad being royal guard had cross my mind soooooo long ago which was what already I believe in. ichigo being a key is new but makes perfect sense, we will see in two weeks to a month more than likely.

don't forget the bodies that the 12th captain found may been link to this.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:29   Link #725
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Ishin is just one more of the massive plot holes in Bleach... it don't bother me a lil .. I just roll with it
Old 2010-03-23, 19:52   Link #726
kamyu

it isn't a plot hole (yet). we already have a couple plausible explanations.
Old 2010-03-24, 00:21   Link #727
Dman

Royal Guard?

I thought there was mention of some kind of king of soul society and that their was a royal guard. I thought he might have been part of that.
Old 2010-03-24, 03:33   Link #728
gat-x252
Anaheim Electronics

i want him to be the previous 11 squad captain, and im just saying that based on nothing at all.
its just be on of those fu*k yea things

speaking of fu*k yea!!
Spoiler for 394. fu*k yea:
Old 2010-03-24, 07:07   Link #729
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Replace "America" with "Ichigo's dad" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

Spoiler for Spoiler and a bit of the F word:
Old 2010-03-24, 11:11   Link #730
Nakitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

I second this.

<3
Old 2010-03-25, 13:09   Link #731
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Replace "America" with "Ichigo's dad" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

I third this.

Count on Kyero-tan to make put things in perspective. xD
Old 2010-03-25, 13:32   Link #732
JustRob

I'm hoping to see the emblem on his haori, so we finally know which squad he is / was.

Personally I'm hunching between Zero Squad and Squad 11. If you look at episode 111, his first appearance as a Shinigami, you can clearly see his haori is cut up at the end, similar to Kenpachi's haori, although not as severe.
Old 2010-03-25, 14:14   Link #733
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think he's from the Royal Guards and I think that Aizen is going to call him Isshin Shiba, showing that Kurosaki is not his real name. If you think about it, there are all sorts of resemblances between Ichigo's family and the Shiba house's members.

Ichigo and Kaien share appearances and personalities, Isshin and Ganju also share appearance and personalities and Karin and Kukakku share personalities and Kukakku looks like an older version of Karin.

That would be so funny if it was the case and Ichigo and Ganju would be cousins
lol
( W)
Old 2010-03-25, 14:33   Link #734
JustRob

I really don't see the resemblance between Ganju and Isshin, and Kuukaku and Karin. But whatever
Old 2010-03-25, 17:40   Link #735
Murushirago

Notice in the last page of 397: Isshin's zanpakutou has the same crossguard as Aizen's Kyouka Suigetsu. Twins?
Old 2010-03-25, 18:30   Link #736
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murushirago View Post
Notice in the last page of 397: Isshin's zanpakutou has the same crossguard as Aizen's Kyouka Suigetsu. Twins?
You're right

The only noticable difference is that Aizen's Zanpakuto is blue and Isshin's is red.

Maybe Isshin's Zanpakuto has the ability to remove Aizen's Zanpakuto's hypnosis? Maybe even out the playing field a little bit?
( W)
Old 2010-03-25, 18:49   Link #737
WhiteWings

Or maybe one served under the other in the past.

Or... heck at this point anything is a possibility. Aizen is Isshin's brother or something. Aizen screwed around with Isshin's wife (sexually or simply experimented on) to create Ichigo. What are the odds of that though?
Old 2010-03-25, 19:07   Link #738
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I still like my theory on the Shiba family better
( W)
Old 2010-03-25, 22:39   Link #739
Murushirago

Quote:
I still like my theory on the Shiba family better
I agree. I think Aizen's interrupted statement was going to be "You are a shinigami and a member of the Shiba clan". My reasoning is a little convoluted and assumes a bunch of stuff, but bear with me.

Shiba was formerly one of the four great noble houses, right? Putting them right below the King of Soul Society in terms of nobility. Therefore, they should have some method of access to the King, in order to hold court or petition him.

The fact that no one seems to have done so can be taken as just another part of Soul Society's corruption - the Central 46 is corrupt, the Gotei 13 are corrupt - "The Court of Noble Souls", the home of the shinigami, is one huge palace, while the rest of Soul Society lives in progressively worse squalor as you get further away from the home of the Shinigami. You'd think that since almost everyone comes to Soul Society with no memory, everyone should be equal, right? But the Shinigami are apparently just more equal than everyone else.

So with an absentee king (whom no one voted for!) Soul Society was effectively ruled by an also unelected council of 46 old farts too decrepit to do anything but suck candy, make racist comments and issue commands. Then, when that's gone, we have a military leadership: Old Man Genocide, ruler of the Shinigami, takes absolute authority because... well, who's going to stop him?

In addition to the politics, the military of said corrupt society dedicates itself to the genocide of a bunch of different people - everyone has to eat, and it so happens Hollow eat people. This is apparently evil, so the corrupt society takes it upon itself to murder every hollow. Like Zommari said, no one gave them their divine purpose, God didn't ask them to curtail the Hollow, and the Hollow are pretty much non-aggressive when they're not just trying to hunt dinner. Are Hollow evil? Why aren't crocodiles in that case?

Anyway, Aizen, either seeing the corruption and seeking to do something about it, or after power Just Because, is after the throne. This is where "Kurosaki" Ichigo comes in: if he is indeed a Shiba, it's in Aizen's interests to assist him in gaining power (see chapters 396 and 397). As we see early on, zanpakutou can operate as keys, allowing access to Soul Society from the human world - similar to the ability of Hollow to open Garganta. Considering this, could it be possible the "key" Aizen requires to access Soul Society is the zanpakutou of a noble Shinigami? If that's the case, could there be some kind of power requirement - noble or not, must one have tremendous reiatsu to open a gate to the King's pocket dimension? Kuchiki Byakuya might just not cut it.

Anyway, we'll find out next week. I just wanted to type out some stuff I'd been thinking for a long time to get it straight in my head. Hope you enjoyed my pointless ramblings.
Old 2010-03-26, 00:05   Link #740
JustRob

Quote:
You're right

The only noticable difference is that Aizen's Zanpakuto is blue and Isshin's is red.

Maybe Isshin's Zanpakuto has the ability to remove Aizen's Zanpakuto's hypnosis? Maybe even out the playing field a little bit?
Aizen's sword has green wrapping, not blue. Grimmjow is blue.
Closed Thread