AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 04:17   Link #141
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i agree with the policy of working on one anime at a time, just look what happened to Bones when they started overexeting themseves, or jc staff 2 years ago, or AIC past fall, but still didtn kyoani worked in k on, haruhi season 2 and the movie at the same time?,still i dont think other animation studio would do wrong, the most importan thing would be the scriptwriter and the director, and who know they migth get ufotable.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:19   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The Haruhi movie is perhaps an exception, but none of their TV series productions overlapped to each other thus far.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:24   Link #143
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

2009 was a busy year for KyoAni.

Ending CLANNAD After Story and the Kyou OVA. Munto TV and its films. The two spin off comedy Web Series based on Haruhi. K-On! and Haruhi 2009 aired together until Summer, and while only a few new Haruhi episode aired while K-On was on, there was a little overlap. Plus the Harui movie that had been in production for a while with Haruhi 2009. Also they likely started work on K-On!! right after they started seeing big numbers in sales from K-On!. They had a lot to do that year and the year or two leading up to that year.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:45   Link #144
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
2 among the 5 routes in Kanon were written by Maeda you know.
As much some people overhype some points due to the mention of a certain scripter, likewise, some people suddenly "take cover" due to the mention of the name.

I would suggest you to read and judge prior pointing its writer beforehand.
I know, and he wrote the only useful one too! :3

Ok, Hisaya definitely gets credit for the Shiori arc though, now that may be Key as its best, and then Maeda copypasta'd it into Clannad.

But that's just me though. Kanon 2006 is about 13 episodes to me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-27, 04:55   Link #145
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
KyoAni next 2 projects are Hyou-ka and Chū-2 Byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!, and given the studio's policy I doubt that they would do 3 series in a row in such a short amount of time, based on the assumption that LB might air in Fall 2012 (or in the later Winter 2012). Though you made a point and I could have been wrong, so let's wait for an official confirmation.
It's never confirmed to be a TV series or an OVA. Who knows... There's a possibility that KyoAni might just be doing some kind of promo to the LN(Published by them).
Old 2012-03-27, 05:11   Link #146
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For a few reasons - Mainly comp issues and the sheer length of the best VNs - I've ironically never gotten much into VNs (ironic given the fanfic I'm currently writing here on Anime Suki ). So I've never played the Little Busters VN.

However, the Key VNs have consistently turned into very good-to-great anime, and those anime I have watched, and I count Clannad amongst my 10 all-time favorites (Kanon's not too far behind). As flawed as it was, I also enjoyed Angel Beats! So the distinctive Key writing style, shall we say, is one that appeals to me.

I also once read a Little Busters 4Koma-style manga that I found pretty amusing, and which gave me a good impression of many of its characters.

Then there's how many of my closer anime-watching friends hypes this a lot.

So all of this combined, I'm very much looking forward to this anime. I also think that this anime probably needs to be made soon. Very popular source material or not, this property is getting old, and I can see how this could undermine the reception of its anime version if it was left on the backburner for much longer. Even on this thread you see a couple posters saying "What's Little Busters?" or "What's all the buzz about?". This type of reaction would only get more severe and/or commonplace the longer this went without being turned into an anime.

So if KyoAni lost this to another animation studio they really have nobody but themselves to blame. They couldn't well expect Key to simply sit on this forever.

That being said, my hope is that either KyoAni, Whitefox, or P.A. Works is handling this. Either of those three I would be fine with.
Old 2012-03-27, 06:22   Link #147
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Ok, Hisaya definitely gets credit for the Shiori arc though, now that may be Key as its best
That... was actually my least favourite Kanon route in the VN. I was so shocked when she became pretty much my favourite KEY heroine in the 2006 anime.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-03-27, 06:58   Link #148
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Kyoani: Hyouka (2-cours) and Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai (Unknown but probably 1 cour)
PA Works: Another (just finished), Tari Tari (Probably 1 cour Summer show), Hanasaku Iroha 2 (S2, OVA or Movie sometime in fall 2012 or winter 2013)
White Fox: Jormungand (2 cours if you include the split cour system)

Considering White Fox is a small studio and do even less works than Kyoani, I'm not sure if LB is possibility for them. Kyoani and PA Works seem most definitely out (since they are very busy) if LB is intended to be relased late this year or early next year, which by the timing of this announcement, I speculate that it airs around that time.

That leaves me speculating its either A-1 or Production IG as Key has expressed concern about choosing a production studio which leaves out DEEN and JC out since they are rather infamous in their quality when it comes to adaptations. A-1 and Production IG are both large, reputable studios and are pretty financially stable. Particularily A-1, which was clearly the 2011 winner making lots of $$ from Anohana, Ao no Exorcist, Idolmaster and Uta no Prince Sama. I don't think Bones, Gainax or Gonzo have what it takes to make a "high-profile" VN adaptation and most definitely not Xebec, Feel or Seven Arcs which tend to a lot of B/C grade VN or generic fanservice/ecchi adaptations 101.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:14   Link #149
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
which leaves out DEEN and JC out since they are rather infamous in their quality when it comes to adaptations.

Most definitely not Xebec, Feel or Seven Arcs which tend to a lot of B/C grade VN or generic fanservice/ecchi adaptations 101.
For the first question, many DEEN or J.C works points out epic fail animation.

For the second question, what "101" means ? B/C grade VN probably means decent/average VN, not as great as Key/Type-Moon for me. I don't think Xebec ever made VN adaptation unlike Seven Arcs (has made Triangle Heart and White Album adaptations in VN terms, made two light novel adaptations) and Feel (did OtoBoku and Yosuga no Sora, currently made two light novel adaptations) did.

Is it laughable if Hoods pick up Little Busters! Ecstasy (ero-version of LB!) adaptation ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-27, 08:24   Link #150
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Kyoani: Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai (Unknown but probably 1 cour)
Chuunibyou has only been said to be animated. The format, and any additional details, have yet to be released. It's the same as your Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home situation. Best not to categorize anything that has not been confirmed, especially when there is so little of the source material available.

In addition, Tatsuya Ishihara (the supervisor of Air, Kanon, and Clannad) will not be working on Hyouka in a supervisory role. It remains a possibility that the project he has been working on since the completition of Nichijou is Little Busters.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-03-27, 11:45   Link #151
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
2 among the 5 routes in Kanon were written by Maeda you know.
As much some people overhype some points due to the mention of a certain scripter, likewise, some people suddenly "take cover" due to the mention of the name.

I would suggest you to read and judge prior pointing its writer beforehand.
I'm not sure what you're inferring by "take cover" but the key element in Kanon isn't the absence of Maeda, but the presence of Naoki Hisaya as main writer. It's his absence that fundamentally changes the tone of Key's later works.
Old 2012-03-27, 12:09   Link #152
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If true, I welcome that news - I think Maeda is quite overrated as a writer, and Kanon for me is a clearly superior work to any of Maeda's projects.
I wouldn't consider him amongst the greatest writers ever, but when it comes to making likable characters out of moe stereotypes, he's a master (the Angel Beats characters were so fun, despite very few of them being fleshed out). With that said, he was only in charge of a few characters in this series (I'm not saying who. Look it up if you want to know), but those characters ended up being my favorites.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-27, 12:44   Link #153
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I wouldn't consider him amongst the greatest writers ever, but when it comes to making likable characters out of moe stereotypes, he's a master (the Angel Beats characters were so fun, despite very few of them being fleshed out). With that said, he was only in charge of a few characters in this series (I'm not saying who. Look it up if you want to know), but those characters ended up being my favorites.
Fair enough, but not so much mine - I preferred the scenarios Hisaya wrote (Ayu, mainly) though I think his stylistic touches dominate the work as a whole.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:24   Link #154
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
For the second question, what "101" means ?
"101" in this case would be a college entry level class. Example: Economics 101.
It basically means class level one number one. Or first year, class one of that topic.

So, "generic fanservice/ecchi adaptations 101", would be entry level classes for the subject matter. Meaning they do basic fanservice and ecchi so much they can teach the basics.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:50   Link #155
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're inferring by "take cover" but the key element in Kanon isn't the absence of Maeda, but the presence of Naoki Hisaya as main writer. It's his absence that fundamentally changes the tone of Key's later works.
I personally have hard time to follow you since... Kanon is basically the first key game and only game which was mainly written by Hisaya. All of the Key works and even those during Tactics are mainly written by Maeda, except Planetarian and Rewrite.

So I wouldn't really call Hisaya absence that changed Key works tone. Rather, Kanon is the exception (and rewrite, but that was pretty much Hinoue's plan for this one).
Old 2012-03-27, 13:58   Link #156
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's funny because to be honest I consider Kanon to be the worst of the Key stories. To me it was just incredibly generic and melodramatic. The only bit I actually thought was well done was the car incident.

I liked Air because it developed a great relationship between a mother and child that the main character wasn't even involved in much.

I liked Clannad because the story actually went beyond the main character getting the girl, and actually showed him growing up.

I liked Angel Beats because it was more different from the norm with an interesting setting, had many more characters independent from the main character, a great sense of group friendship and was just so hilarious that there were so many moments where my sides were splitting.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:23   Link #157
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's funny because to be honest I consider Kanon to be the worst of the Key stories. To me it was just incredibly generic and melodramatic. The only bit I actually thought was well done was the car incident.

I liked Air because it developed a great relationship between a mother and child that the main character wasn't even involved in much.

I liked Clannad because the story actually went beyond the main character getting the girl, and actually showed him growing up.

I liked Angel Beats because it was more different from the norm with an interesting setting, had many more characters independent from the main character, a great sense of group friendship and was just so hilarious that there were so many moments where my sides were splitting.
Heh, tastes vary. I find Kanon easily the best (and least melodramatic) of the major Key works. I think it's dramatic without push-button melodrama. As for Angel Beats, for me the sloppy writing makes it basically unwatchable.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:54   Link #158
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Kyoani: Hyouka (2-cours) and Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai (Unknown but probably 1 cour)
PA Works: Another (just finished), Tari Tari (Probably 1 cour Summer show), Hanasaku Iroha 2 (S2, OVA or Movie sometime in fall 2012 or winter 2013)
White Fox: Jormungand (2 cours if you include the split cour system)

Considering White Fox is a small studio and do even less works than Kyoani, I'm not sure if LB is possibility for them. Kyoani and PA Works seem most definitely out (since they are very busy) if LB is intended to be relased late this year or early next year, which by the timing of this announcement, I speculate that it airs around that time.

That leaves me speculating its either A-1 or Production IG as Key has expressed concern about choosing a production studio which leaves out DEEN and JC out since they are rather infamous in their quality when it comes to adaptations. A-1 and Production IG are both large, reputable studios and are pretty financially stable. Particularily A-1, which was clearly the 2011 winner making lots of $$ from Anohana, Ao no Exorcist, Idolmaster and Uta no Prince Sama. I don't think Bones, Gainax or Gonzo have what it takes to make a "high-profile" VN adaptation and most definitely not Xebec, Feel or Seven Arcs which tend to a lot of B/C grade VN or generic fanservice/ecchi adaptations 101.
Well, they can always ask Sunrise.
- This post is dedicated to Kaioshin.

P.S. Kanon is the only key story in the animated format that I liked. Air is silly. Clannad is average at best until the superb finishing touch that starts from S2 ep 19.
Old 2012-03-27, 15:14   Link #159
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
I think it's dramatic without push-button melodrama
Push-button melodrama like mysterious incurably illnesses, slowly and painfully dying fox girls, ghost girls and ridiculously contrived car accidents?

I adore Kanon and it's my personal favourite KEY work (Tied with Littler Busters) exactly because of how archetypal and straight played it is. I wouldn't exactly say the drama was at all subtle or clever though.

That being said, on the plotting/consistency side of things I have a problem with all KEY works sans Little Busters.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-03-27, 15:14   Link #160
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Clannad is average at best until the superb finishing touch that starts from S2 ep 17.
Fixed

(Well, I actually do enjoy all of Clannad, though I agree that the Ushio arc is far and away the best part of the series)

I've never watched Air (Minus the first episode, which I barely remember), though I enjoyed Kanon quite a bit. The story arc about the kitsune girl was great, her mental deterioration always reminded me of Alzheimer's (A disease I've always had a morbid fascination with, tragic though it is).
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters