AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 48 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 29.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 11:28   Link #61
christinemarie
Crazy One

Best episode so far, the main reason they didn't add Nae it would cause them the whole TV series due to violence involving children.

The last four episodes is sufficient to wrap this up via ONA, OVA, or free bundled episodes with the DVD, I hope they follow Ore no Imouto's strategy to flesh out Nae's involvement.

episode 21 Painful choice. (with Kurisu's approval.)
episode 22 Accidental consequence. (Don't mess with time.)
episode 23 Hope from the future.
episode 24 Rewrite.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:05   Link #62
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Wow this episode sent chills to my spine, but if they went with the original plot in the VN according to you guys here... my spine would've gotten frostbite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

Spoiler for VN Difference:

Spoiler for VN CG if you REALLY want to see the difference:
Dear god... that would've kept me up for a month. It's no wonder why they left this out as mentioned in previous posts.
Quote:
Episode 21 preview. Who will Okabe choose?

From the looks of it, I can imagine a bittersweet ending here...
Old 2011-08-17, 14:37   Link #63
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I was right about Mr. Buraun being FB. From the beginning, the show followed a pattern where each character had some alternate identity or role to play. So at this point, the identity of FB was clear.

1. Rumiho was Ferris.
2. Ruka was really male and called "Rukako by Rintorou.
3. Kurisu is supposedly going to work for SERN in the future.
4. Suzuha was John Titor.
5. Daru was Suzuha's "father."
6. Moeka was Mayuri's assassin.

That basically left Mr. Buraun and his daughter, Nae, as the possible choices. Considering his age, the t-shirt stating "I love CRT," called "Mr. Buraun" by Rintarou and that he was Rintorou's landlord, I figured he'd be FB.

As for as Rintarou, his secret was actually revealed in episode 1.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy
From the looks of it, I can imagine a bittersweet ending here...
I know this more or less belongs in the Speculation thread, but there are a few shows which give that kind of foreshadowing yet end on a good note. I would not be surprised if we see an ending with both Kurisu and Miyuri alive.
Old 2011-08-17, 16:26   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Totally called who FB was. I suspected him as early as when he seemed to have an intense dislike of Okabe that didn't really seem to have a whole lot of context or make sense. Also the fact that he was slowly getting involved in things like with Suzuha's time travelling incident didn't quite add up as well. He was becoming as suspicious as Albert Maverick from Tiger & Bunny AND was the only person that had a B as one of his initials.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:55   Link #65
VentAileron

So umm...who was operating the Phone Microwave (Name Subject To Change) when the D-mail in this episode was sent?
Old 2011-08-18, 06:23   Link #66
Qikz

Oh my god. FB WAS MR BRAUN? WHAT???

I can't believe this show, everything is suprising me. My god, I can't believe what's going to happen next week when he removes the last d-mail. What on earth is Okabe going to do. I don't want Mayushii to die, but I don't want Kurisu to die either. Ohhhhhh damn this is going to be hard to watch.
Old 2011-08-18, 06:55   Link #67
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow the world is small , really Mr Braun.

And yeah Okabe didn't rememeber about Kurisu issue , damn tragic!
Old 2011-08-18, 08:33   Link #68
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
So umm...who was operating the Phone Microwave (Name Subject To Change) when the D-mail in this episode was sent?
The Phone Microwave had always been controllable from the dialling in mobile phone only - after all that was its original purpose. All they had to do is make sure the 42inch CRT monitor in Mr. Braun's shop is turned on before leaving the lab, which wasn't hard because:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-18, 15:51   Link #69
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hmm if Okabe didn't remember about Makise dieing in the Alpha line why would he bring up the subject to Makise and then forget about it a few hours later. It seems as if his reaction to it was that he didn't tell her and that how they played it out that Makise knew she was going to die. Could she of had like what Feyris and Trap-san had and remembered a previous world line?
Old 2011-08-18, 19:44   Link #70
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Hmm if Okabe didn't remember about Makise dieing in the Alpha line why would he bring up the subject to Makise and then forget about it a few hours later. It seems as if his reaction to it was that he didn't tell her and that how they played it out that Makise knew she was going to die. Could she of had like what Feyris and Trap-san had and remembered a previous world line?

Wait, at the beginning Kurisu said that he just tried to tell her something, yet he had no recollection of it. Could future him be time travelling to try and save her?
Old 2011-08-18, 20:36   Link #71
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Kurisu doesn't know she's going to die. In the timeline where she met Okabe, she met him when he was telling her he had just seen her stabbed and dead, and then he proceeded to grab onto her to make sure she actually existed. So Kurisu doesn't know she's going to die, she's just joking about something Okabe claimed when they first met, which caused him to remember it.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:12   Link #72
LeoXiao
思想工作

oh yeah, didn't it so happen that after kurisu was killed and okabe freaked out, he was transported to a week in the past? So far, haven't all the on-screen events taken place within a week? And if they haven't taken place within a week (meaning longer than a week), could it be so that kurisu's death was postponed at the expense of mayuri's?
Old 2011-08-18, 23:46   Link #73
dark998

Damn, completely forgot that Kurisu died in the original timeline (waaaay back to the first episodes). Okabe has a tough choice ahead of him.
Old 2011-08-19, 13:18   Link #74
sylviana
Aikawa Kizuna is PRETTY !

this is what u get from gettin' too close with Kurisu from eps 1 until eps 20.....

what a f*cked up choice u have to choose, Okarin....you reap what u sow

Last edited by sylviana; 2011-08-19 at 13:29.
Old 2011-08-20, 01:45   Link #75
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
oh yeah, didn't it so happen that after kurisu was killed and okabe freaked out, he was transported to a week in the past? So far, haven't all the on-screen events taken place within a week? And if they haven't taken place within a week (meaning longer than a week), could it be so that kurisu's death was postponed at the expense of mayuri's?
That D-Mail was transported into a week before, and for some reason it caused the timeline to shift from Beta to Alpha, which caused Kurisu not to die at the expense of Mayuri's life later.

Now they are planning to erase that D-Mail, which will probably result in Kurisu's death yet again.
Old 2011-08-20, 03:35   Link #76
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Remember that D-mail cannot "transport" Okabe into the past. Only time leap and complete time travel (physical time travel) can. What D-mail does is sending information into the past and change it. When changes of the past is large enough, the world line will shift to a new equilibrium. Okabe's Reading Steiner has the ability to detect world line divergence change and also to retain the memories of old world line. Currently in episode 20, the events are now already two weeks after the events in episode 1. While it's July 28th in epsiode 1, now it's already August 13-15th something (Okabe time leaped countless times) in episode 20.
Old 2011-08-20, 11:23   Link #77
Travisaw
Just passing by...

Send a message via MSN to Travisaw
Quote:
Its finally revealed that FB was Mr. Braun all along. He wrote his text messages like a women in order to trick Moeka. Because she and himself are no longer needed since they completed their mission, he shoots Moeka and himself. Moeka also briefly remembered the things she did in past timelines, and apologizes to Okabe for everything.

The IBN5100 is back in Okabe's hands, and just when he thought its all over, he realizes that he has to sacrifice Kurisu in order to save Mayuri. Who will he choose?

For those wondering about a Moeka end, there is no ending for her. Also, this episode had a major deviation from the VN.

Spoiler for VN Difference:

Spoiler for VN CG if you REALLY want to see the difference:
Okay, sorry for the trouble, but can you/someone PM me in detail what actually happened in this scene? I would really appreciate it. =]
Thanks.
Old 2011-08-20, 15:00   Link #78
revive4563

VN reference is completely meaningless.
The story about Nae's grudge is shallow and it's definitely troll.
I think it's natural and better story that Moeka killed by Mr.Braun instead of Nae.
Old 2011-08-20, 15:12   Link #79
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Spoiler for VN Differences:
...And it's dilemma time. Come on Okabe, you know you want Kurisu more than Mayuri =P
Old 2011-08-20, 15:57   Link #80
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Remember that D-mail cannot "transport" Okabe into the past. Only time leap and complete time travel (physical time travel) can. What D-mail does is sending information into the past and change it. When changes of the past is large enough, the world line will shift to a new equilibrium. Okabe's Reading Steiner has the ability to detect world line divergence change and also to retain the memories of old world line. Currently in episode 20, the events are now already two weeks after the events in episode 1. While it's July 28th in epsiode 1, now it's already August 13-15th something (Okabe time leaped countless times) in episode 20.
So does that mean that all those D-mails that were sent over the course of the series led to Kurisu's death being avoided? If Okbae went and undid the last D-mail, doesn't that mean that Krisu should've been dead when he undid it, instead of sitting there telling him "hey, what about me dying..."?
Closed Thread