AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-19, 06:38   Link #61
Furitzuoni
I the great me

Hm... although it seems like a weird mixture of Trigun, Kenshin and something that i can't describe, i will keep downloading this anime. Why? In the trailer there were some scenes with this samurai-boy or he said some lines that i can't understand yet (about his past i think^^). Maybe it's just some stereotypical incidents in the past (like being an assassin, making a hole in the moon and destroying severel citys, attemps of reviving your mother and fraggin' your brother, or having a monster sealed inside him or or.... okay maybe I just watch too much anime XD").
Maybe the next episodes are getting better (or so I hope o_O")... if not i can delete it from my HD XD" (seems more like it, because I've seen less animes with bad starts and good ending).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Thats the first thing I noticed too. Does anyone know this VA's name? He seems to be getting all the swordsman roles these days.
Not quite, in ragnarok he was the assassin and not the swordsman *rofl*. But to be true, it could be dangerous if Nakai Kazuya (thats the seiyuus name ) keeps this trend of dubbing warriors. They won't offer other roles if he keeps up dubbing those roles.
Furitzuoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 19:29   Link #62
Wraith
Viewtiful Forever

Send a message via AIM to Wraith Send a message via MSN to Wraith
I liked Trigun, so it was natural of me to like Grenadier. The big guy in ep 1 reminded me so much of the Mohawk guy in ep 1 of Trigun. XD
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 23:05   Link #63
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I liked Trigun, so it was natural of me to like Grenadier. The big guy in ep 1 reminded me so much of the Mohawk guy in ep 1 of Trigun. XD
ROFL....the first ep of Grenadier was "too" similar to the first ep of Trigun
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 06:11   Link #64
Marine-RX179

I'm kinda getting sick and tired of people keep complaining about lacking originality and screaming like 'OMG! This anime is a clone of XXX, it's like XXX all over again'.
You watch an anime, you like it you like it, you don't like it you don't like it.....it's pointless to keep screaming lack of originality. The truth is there is only limited categories for anime genes, just like how there are limited categories on real life movies. It's like watching one movie involves cops and robbers does it mean you've seen it all and no need to watch the rest? NO!

And for example, some people mention how Grenadier is similar to Trigun (no offense to those that said this in a civilized manner), but you must take into the account there are lots of audience might not have seen Trigun before, Grenadier is actually 'original' for them.

I myself is a big anime fan, but the truth is not even I have seen all the anime there is. If you have actually watched every single anime there is and be able to shout at every single new anime that comes out lack originality, then you really have WAAAAAY too much free time on your hands.

People work their ass off to create animes for our enjoyment and we are getting it for free, what more could you ask for?
To those that keep whinning animes suck just because they are 'clones' of each other.....if you are so great and think you could do any better, why don't you join the anime/manga industy in Japan and create 99999 animes all with original plots for our amusement?
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 08:28   Link #65
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

they use some ridiculous guns too, from semi-auto rifles (some with sniper lense) to automatics to machineguns to minigun... but of course revolver owns them all
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 13:42   Link #66
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

It's funny in Grenadier, where the bad guys are using WWII guns, and as far as I was able to see in ep 01, they all had WWII guns.

But I still say G36 owns all, aside from OICW

Now seeing the kind of weapons they use, I am kinda wondering what setting they are in/what kind of technology they have....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 14:03   Link #67
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Now seeing the kind of weapons they use, I am kinda wondering what setting they are in/what kind of technology they have....
Well, it would seem to be a slightly inaccurate historically, and with some creative liberties taken in modernizing the period where Japanese culture attempted to regress to the more "honorable" sword after a period of war where everyone used guns. Maybe this anime is an expression of the futility in such matters, and represents our inability to escape from the industrial machine, by demonstrating how only a few select are able to maintain their honor and pride and still use a modern weapon.

Hurray for mediocre film study classes.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 14:11   Link #68
BeNighted
To Bid You Farewell

Angry Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
I'm kinda getting sick and tired of people keep complaining about lacking originality and screaming like 'OMG! This anime is a clone of XXX, it's like XXX all over again'.
You watch an anime, you like it you like it, you don't like it you don't like it.....it's pointless to keep screaming lack of originality. The truth is there is only limited categories for anime genes, just like how there are limited categories on real life movies. It's like watching one movie involves cops and robbers does it mean you've seen it all and no need to watch the rest? NO!

And for example, some people mention how Grenadier is similar to Trigun (no offense to those that said this in a civilized manner), but you must take into the account there are lots of audience might not have seen Trigun before, Grenadier is actually 'original' for them.

I myself is a big anime fan, but the truth is not even I have seen all the anime there is. If you have actually watched every single anime there is and be able to shout at every single new anime that comes out lack originality, then you really have WAAAAAY too much free time on your hands.

People work their ass off to create animes for our enjoyment and we are getting it for free, what more could you ask for?
To those that keep whinning animes suck just because they are 'clones' of each other.....if you are so great and think you could do any better, why don't you join the anime/manga industy in Japan and create 99999 animes all with original plots for our amusement?
Well said! I can't begin to tell you how annoyed I get when somebody compares one anime with another in that annoying manner you mentioned. Only if you're trying to suggest other anime's it's similar to in order to get more people to watch it is it acceptable.. BAH, I MUST STOP BEFORE I GET BANNED
BeNighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 15:44   Link #69
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
It's funny in Grenadier, where the bad guys are using WWII guns, and as far as I was able to see in ep 01, they all had WWII guns.
Actually they seem more like M1As to me.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 09:13   Link #70
dreamless

just watched ep2, seems quite interesting, nice mix of comedy and action (and of course fan-service ), can't wait for the next episode
Old 2004-10-23, 11:00   Link #71
Spuffy
オウカ~

It also makes you wonder how the hair always manages to stay in the 'proper' place even though Rushuna moves around quite a bit.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 23:05   Link #72
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, episode 2 was pretty enjoyable. No shortage of fanservice here . I look forward to ep 3. I hope Yajirou isn't going to be stuck in the same comic relief role.
Old 2004-10-24, 04:59   Link #73
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Ya-chan needs to buck up

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 08:35   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I had my issues with the first episode, but the second one was an improvement imo. I'll never like the reloading thing but at least it wasn't as prominent in this episode. I'm assuming that clown character is part of the main plot so looks like the story is underway, even if we're still pretty much clueless so far.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 08:45   Link #75
Wraith
Viewtiful Forever

Ep 2 is so similar to Trigun on due to civilians getting hurt/killed on Rushuna's account. And she was able to heal from those injuries pretty quickly. O_o;;
Old 2004-10-24, 09:21   Link #76
BeNighted
To Bid You Farewell

Episode two was cool! It seemed like such a long time since I watched episode one though I hope things will continue how they are at the moment, but I want Ya-chan to be useful somehow... instead of just standing on the side-lines being dumb
BeNighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 11:06   Link #77
Wraith
Viewtiful Forever

Well Yaijoro was awesome at the start deflecting bullets with his sword, but I guess his skills went down the drain once he got some "Special Service" from Rushuna in Ep 1. =P
Old 2004-10-24, 11:13   Link #78
koei

which fansub do you think is doing a better job? Personally I think Lunar does a better translation because some of AK's translations seem awkward.
koei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 11:40   Link #79
dreamless

Ya-chan is useful... for a boiler worker

Yup I hope Ya-chan can show off some cool sword skillz later on... but now it seems he's just hiding somewhere while Rushuna doing all the work
Old 2004-10-24, 13:01   Link #80
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by koei
which fansub do you think is doing a better job? Personally I think Lunar does a better translation because some of AK's translations seem awkward.
Keep's is double checked by a native Japanese TLer :P And in reviews, Lunar's was found to have some really dumb mistakes. For example, they translated Yajirou''s name Kojima Yajirou as Tarojima Yajirou. If they had utilized their resources, they would have seen that even on the official site, it's spelt Kojima :P
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure