AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 19:31   Link #161
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

So Hysteria's AB form is really ugly? does anyone have a picture of her, im kinda interested to see her new form

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 19:33   Link #162
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
If the Ghosts or any of the people besides the other ZAOs end up killing one them, then the powerlevels are truly truly broken as Nixl said...

these are abyssal ones for crying out loud -- no matter how good the Miria and Claire could be, how worthy of having No.1 rank, they still aren't Awakened themselves and still should be blown away -- plus, Claire isn't there, and we have two other Abyssal Ones in the middle of the way...
[...]

If other people besides the ZAOs died, I would be interested however.
Since Miria attack on MiB HQ Claymore turned from is becoming more and more "shounenish" with each chapter:
1. Main and even secondary characters are immortal.
2. Characters are showing their bravado (cornering with pure stupidity) in almost each page, like they're trying to become martyrs. Before, when a character was doing something heroic she or he did it because of desperation or rage. Now they're acting heroic just to show other how noble they are.
3. Typical shounen "power in friendship" became the main plot device (Miria survival, kids "healing" Raftella etc.)

By standards Yagi was using before chapter 100 all claymores, ghost included, in HQ should be dead already. Miria should be dead twice. They're fighting not against an "typical" no. 1, or "typical" AO but against one of the strongest. Why did they run away from Riful instead of slaughtering her in a few pages? Why warriors, suddenly rebelled against MiBs, just because Miria tried not to kill them? Why almost all characters are suffering now from a hero complex?

And you're asking why I stopped reading Claymore a few months ago? I'm just checking spoilers and still couldn't find a reason to start reading it again...

Old 2011-12-01, 19:34   Link #163
MalakTawus

Quote:
I mean, Clare defeated an awakened number 2 by herself
Ehm, Claire is obviously an exception,i wouldn't use her as an example since it's prety obvious that her potential is on a completely different level than the other ghosts....just saying......

Said that i think that if the ghosts (without Claire) go full power and fight really well, imo it wouldn't be so strange to put up a good fight even with an abyssal,especially since we have yet to see the ghosts teamwork when they release their whole yoki......but in the end i think they can't win anyway.
Yagi has already showed that with great teamwork warriors can defeat monsters A LOT stronger than them,and ghosts teamwork is godly so i'm quite sure they can fight for a bit against even a monster at abyssal level.....
Old 2011-12-01, 19:37   Link #164
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

White Silver King, it means nothing -- their is huge gap between No.2 and No.1, so that's not enough; plus, they are all awakened....to beat an Abyssal One, you also need to be Awakened and strong enough on a comparable level in order to truly beat them....or you need to be an extremely powerful warrior on a ridiculous level (Teresa/Priscilla level).

Since Claire and Miria are neither that powerful, and Claire isn't here....it would be in everyone's best interest to escape, unless they plan to let the ZAO's fight eachother and try to go for a killing stroke which still would be a suicidal move.

--

Roflmao, well-made Arturro - next time though, tell us that you're moving on then just disappearing
Old 2011-12-01, 19:41   Link #165
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Since Claire and Miria are neither that powerful, and Claire isn't here....it would be in everyone's best interest to escape, unless they plan to let the ZAO's fight eachother and try to go for a killing stroke which still would be a suicidal move.
Well maybe the new AOs will run out of yoki for some reason having to do with their ressurection. If that happens then the ghosts might have a chance in running away, or even fighting back.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 19:51   Link #166
MalakTawus

@Shiek
Quote:
Escaping is surely the best move,but that doesn't change the fact that the ghosts can't escape too soon since they are the only ones strong enough to buy the others enough time to escape since i really doubt that Histy would let all the rebels escape easily......especially Miria...... (and since i haven't used this word a lot in this paragraph ill say it again : "escape!" )

@Arturro

Quote:
Like i have already said this whole set up could be for a scenario where a lot of characters will be killed in a tragic way.....and about the main character it's not very fair since it's obvious that the main char has a plot shield,this is treu not only for mangas btw.......

Quote:
2. Characters are showing their bravado (cornering with pure stupidity) in almost each page, like they're trying to become martyrs.
I don't see why you consider them acting like martyrs as something strange since imo it's absolutely normal from the very beginning for a lot of warriors in claymore to act like that.....especially the ghosts since they have basically already stated very clearly that their lives won't be a priority in their mission to destroy the org.
Claymore is full of martyr-type warriors from the very beginning,i'm surprised you notice this only now......

Quote:
3. Typical shounen "power in friendship" became the main plot device (Miria survival, kids "healing" Raftella etc.)
This plot device was used even in the past, did you forget about Raki and Jean?

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-01 at 20:02.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:00   Link #167
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
So Hysteria's AB form is really ugly? does anyone have a picture of her, im kinda interested to see her new form
Spoiler for Images from Chinese scanlation:
Old 2011-12-01, 20:08   Link #168
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

@Falcor
Thanks for those, the Hysteria one is disappointing. I mean really disappointing. She looks stupid. And top-heavy or lop-sided

The Roxanne one is... Interesting, at least. She looks skinny. But i hope there will be a big fight.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 20:10   Link #169
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
White Silver King, it means nothing -- their is huge gap between No.2 and No.1, so that's not enough; plus, they are all awakened....to beat an Abyssal One, you also need to be Awakened and strong enough on a comparable level in order to truly beat them....or you need to be an extremely powerful warrior on a ridiculous level (Teresa/Priscilla level).

I disagree. I think the Ghosts, with Clare, have enough power. While none of them are on the level of Teresa, when they work together I think they have the necessary power. And I'm aware fo teh gap between 1 and 2. But HA Clare didn't struggle against Rigardo and the Ghosts didn't struggle against Agatha - both were demolished, the former in an instant. From 7 years ago, in HA form, Clare's power greatly exceeded that of Rigardo - while it may have not been AO level it was somewhere between the power of awakened number 1 and awakened number 2. After these 7 years, she's ascended to an entire other level. If she's that powerful by herself and has powerful comrades with the most godly leader in history and A++ teamwork, then I have no doubt they can beat an Abyssal. It won't be easy in the slightest and a few may die, but I think they can do it. Agree to disagree.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:12   Link #170
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I think we can agree on this -- regardless of our thoughts on the last page....it at least makes a good wallpaper
Old 2011-12-01, 20:15   Link #171
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I disagree. I think the Ghosts, with Clare, have enough power. While none of them are on the level of Teresa, when they work together I think they have the necessary power. And I'm aware fo teh gap between 1 and 2. But HA Clare didn't struggle against Rigardo and the Ghosts didn't struggle against Agatha - both were demolished, the former in an instant. From 7 years ago, in HA form, Clare's power greatly exceeded that of Rigardo - while it may have not been AO level it was somewhere between the power of awakened number 1 and awakened number 2. After these 7 years, she's ascended to an entire other level. If she's that powerful by herself and has powerful comrades with the most godly leader in history and A++ teamwork, then I have no doubt they can beat an Abyssal. It won't be easy in the slightest and a few may die, but I think they can do it. Agree to disagree.
Well I agree with you

With Clare and Miria they would do better in a fight.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 20:20   Link #172
Arlenis
Of Lights

Currently brainwashing myself by staring at Hysteria's form. Brainwashing myself into thinking it can work/will change/is decent. .............................It's sooooooooo hard.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:22   Link #173
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Currently brainwashing myself by staring at Hysteria's form. Brainwashing myself into thinking it can work/will change/is decent. .............................It's sooooooooo hard.
Well maybe she will transform a little bit more. Maybe she will actually get legs and arms.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 20:23   Link #174
Arlenis
Of Lights

Oh, CLAYMORE!. TELL ME MOREEEEEEE!

P.S NO translation yet to make me feel any better?
Old 2011-12-01, 20:26   Link #175
Demon6666

Quote:
yeah i feel the exact same way. Just read the raw and i don't like Hysteria's awakened form at all. The top half looks decent, but the bottom half looks like yagi just copy +pasted it in photoshop or something. Maybe...in due time...i will learn to appreciate what yagi is trying to do with her character. of course they are supposed to be monsters and hideous, but still...Hysteria's body is by far the most inconsistent of all awakened i've ever seen.

on a side note, i love Roxanne's awakened form, but i don't get how Cassandra can do those matrix dodges with such a body?
Old 2011-12-01, 20:26   Link #176
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Since Miria attack on MiB HQ Claymore turned from is becoming more and more "shounenish" with each chapter:
2. Characters are showing their bravado (cornering with pure stupidity) in almost each page, like they're trying to become martyrs. Before, when a character was doing something heroic she or he did it because of desperation or rage. Now they're acting heroic just to show other how noble they are.

By standards Yagi was using before chapter 100 all claymores, ghost included, in HQ should be dead already. Miria should be dead twice. They're fighting not against an "typical" no. 1, or "typical" AO but against one of the strongest. Why did they run away from Riful instead of slaughtering her in a few pages? Why warriors, suddenly rebelled against MiBs, just because Miria tried not to kill them? Why almost all characters are suffering now from a hero complex?

And you're asking why I stopped reading Claymore a few months ago? I'm just checking spoilers and still couldn't find a reason to start reading it again...
You mean like the Witch's Maw arc where everyone was magically saved, awakenings became a cheap reversible joke, and characters stupidly showed bravado. Then yes I agree, the Witch's Maw arc in early claymore was pretty shitty >:3

Good to have someone else who hates the shounen standard, especially from early Claymore.

What's that Witch's Maw arc fans? Problem? >:3
Old 2011-12-01, 20:28   Link #177
Arlenis
Of Lights

Demon, I don't get how she does it either. Especially since she just does the matrix with her feet planted. Why doesn't Roxy just cut dem feet awf? I mean......that being said...I still love it.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:30   Link #178
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

On hysteria you have angel wings and insect legs.
Thats really wierd.

But lets all hope that she can change into something more, something much better. Maybe something like Rosemary's Legs. I would prefer that to the insect legs and the wings. It wouldn't have been so bad if the wings looked more demonic, but it looks like feathers. Why?

Quote:
What's that Witch's Maw arc fans? Problem? >:3
Damn Right problem.
The witch's Maw was a great arc. And it was written so well that only someone who scrutinizes every single detail of the story would find flaws in it. So maybe its not perfect, its a manga not real life (obviously of course ) but it is still a damn good arc. One of my favorites.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-01, 20:31   Link #179
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Oh, CLAYMORE!. TELL ME MOREEEEEEE!

P.S NO translation yet to make me feel any better?
I don’t think that we will read something good. It is something like I am better than you – around this ( I read before that cassandra uses dirt language again). Also miria wont awake in the end. I think that it is pretty much this.

@Arturro
I am so happy to see 1 guy that thinks the same way that i do. I still read and it is like you say (with the exception of cassandra and roxane back story)
Old 2011-12-01, 20:35   Link #180
Arlenis
Of Lights

I mean... I just want the translation because I am hanging on to the delusional hope that she (Hysteria) will be saying something along the lines of "You think this is it?" or "This form is just not enough" or "Second form!" or "If you think this is all...you are mistaken".