AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 19:19   Link #141
beyondsaving

I just thought of something...

What if the true power behind Kamui is that it can store all those eyes... what better place to put your ammo for Eternal/Izanagi/nami...

The time stopping in that dimension makes sense. I was just thinking we havn't quite had a hyperbolic time chamber tribute yet...
Old 2012-08-26, 19:21   Link #142
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondsaving View Post
I was just thinking we havn't quite had a hyperbolic time chamber tribute yet...
Isn't that what Naruto's shadow clone elemental training was? Getting 10 years of training in like three days?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 21:09   Link #143
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
...I heard Christian Bale's Batman

Obito being Tobi makes sense...but seems too obvious now *scratches head* ugh...
Kishimoto is trying to destroy the obvious by telling TObi is Madara, Tobi vs Konan,
but TObi is really Obito!
and since TObi is going to be revealed in the next weeks, he is making obvious on who is TObi now...
Old 2012-08-26, 22:15   Link #144
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kamui

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Space%E...Time_Migration

guys check this out.i think this can clear the air about tobi's eye.2 different techs.so i guess tobi has been using his normal sharingan for space time migration, but he hasnt used kamui yet....kamui is MS tech it also proves under clsssification which eye uses what tech....it also states under users that kakashi has only used kamui and tobi only space time migration
No, Tobi uses the "true power of Kamui" this chapter. It does the opposite of Kakashi's kamui, it warps stuff in instead of out.
Basically, the "true power of Kamui" is a toned-down version (far less weapons used) of Tenten's chuunin exam jutsus. the only difference here is that he got some anti bijuu weapons instead of ordinary kunais. But give Tenten those weapons and she'll perform at least as good than Tobi as far as this move goes.

The more convincing Tobito argument right now, is that Tobi utterly sucks.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:50   Link #145
Black-Cat-Sama

For all the 'hints' and whatnot being made throughout this series, Tobi being someone that we didn't know/was hinted to/should know but are overlooking would make the last couple of years redundant and his point of keeping a mask on pointless once the war started. Once the war started, what reason was there to continue wearing the mask--he didn't care about drawing attention to himself anymore since things were going as he wanted...

But as much as I hate to say it, I can fully see and believe that next chapter, Naruto punches through the mask and the whole chapter will be the mask breaking as the person behind it recalls some things of the past, perhaps said by someone who taught them everything--or all the things they've seen all adding up to that one moment.

How they know about Kakashi's grave visiting and Gai's bad habit of forgetting faces, we'll never know and really, there's been enough retcons and the like in this series--so hopefully it's something that makes sense, right away.

Point in all, evne if it's a stranger, naruto will friend talk him and finally see what the 'ninja' system does to people and he'll change Tobi's mind via ' a better future' and 'hokage this and that' etc etc. How else could a fight with Naruto end?
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:16   Link #146
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
How they know about Kakashi's grave visiting and Gai's bad habit of forgetting faces, we'll never know
why not? any intel gathering can be explained by zetsu. also, tobi's teleportation and phasing makes for the perfect spy as well. assuming tobi is at least part obito, it makes sense for him to visit his own grave and see kakashi there. it also makes sense for him to keep tabs on one of the most important people in his previous life. it's what makes tobi still human and will eventually be part of what makes him at least listen to naruto when naruto tries to talk-no-jutsu him.

Quote:
Point in all, evne if it's a stranger, naruto will friend talk him and finally see what the 'ninja' system does to people and he'll change Tobi's mind via ' a better future' and 'hokage this and that' etc etc. How else could a fight with Naruto end?
it could end with sasuke not listening, leaving the village and going to train with orochimaru out of vengeance for instance it would be nice to see talk-no-justu fail again in tobi's case. i think it will actually. tobi will certainly have some revelations, but i doubt he'll do a 180 like nagato did
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 03:52   Link #147
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I dunno, you think Tobi seems like the guy who will "accept defeat" when he's defeated?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:02   Link #148
kitten320

Quote:

Obito being Tobi makes sense...but seems too obvious now *scratches head* ugh...
Not really. When Tobi attacked Minato he was an adult but Obito was supposed to be still a kid.

Unless there is some mind transfer ninjutsu and he is using someone's else body and retrieved his eye which actually should be smashed by a rock... oh well. Need to wait and see.
Old 2012-08-27, 09:11   Link #149
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Not really. When Tobi attacked Minato he was an adult but Obito was supposed to be still a kid.

Unless there is some mind transfer ninjutsu and he is using someone's else body and retrieved his eye which actually should be smashed by a rock... oh well. Need to wait and see.
Orochimaru had a mind transfer ninjutsu, so quite possible
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:37   Link #150
james0246

So...Kakashi is out of chakra. How is Naruto supposed to do anything now? Unless Obito's eye was damaged by the Rasegan ro the head, I have to wonder how Naruto will battle Tobi. Could ue do something simlar to Konan's magnum opus and constantly hit Tobi for 5 minutes
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:51   Link #151
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So...Kakashi is out of chakra. How is Naruto supposed to do anything now? Unless Obito's eye was damaged by the Rasegan ro the head, I have to wonder how Naruto will battle Tobi. Could ue do something simlar to Konan's magnum opus and constantly hit Tobi for 5 minutes

In theory, Naruto could use his new speed to repeatably punch Tobi until the time limit is over.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:44   Link #152
ranchan13

Quote:
Funny, I heard Michael Keaton's
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:33   Link #153
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
i just assume that tobi will return to the "real" dimension with the mask busted, just like he came back when his arm was hit with the rasengan
Old 2012-08-27, 13:59   Link #154
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
why not? any intel gathering can be explained by zetsu. also, tobi's teleportation and phasing makes for the perfect spy as well. assuming tobi is at least part obito, it makes sense for him to visit his own grave and see kakashi there. it also makes sense for him to keep tabs on one of the most important people in his previous life. it's what makes tobi still human and will eventually be part of what makes him at least listen to naruto when naruto tries to talk-no-jutsu him.

it could end with sasuke not listening, leaving the village and going to train with orochimaru out of vengeance for instance it would be nice to see talk-no-justu fail again in tobi's case. i think it will actually. tobi will certainly have some revelations, but i doubt he'll do a 180 like nagato did
That's the point, I am an Obito-theory enthusiast, but I admit there are heavy contradictions going against that idea...so when/if Kishimoto goes through the chapter of explaining Tobi and how he became who he is/was, there will probably be a lot of retconning or things that don't really make sense other than to drive the story. If Tobi isn't part Obito, then knowing all those things about kakashi and gai will be super random and serve no purpose as why Tobi would even bother knowing them other than to troll in these last few chapters and keep us guessing (which is why the person under the mask, imo, should be someone the reader knows/can be hinted at).

Referencing the Valley of the End fight? Naruto spent a lot of that fight talking with Sasuke and in their final clash, the two of them went out oft he way to not kill each other (naruto scratched his headband and sasuke punched naruto in the stomach. When Naruto was on the ground and Sasuke was standing over him, able to kill him, he didn't. Sure 'I'll do things my own way' in reference to Itachi was thrown out there, but Sasuke NOT killing Naruto when he had the chance despite chasing power kinda throws it out there that Naruto's 'friend jutsu' got through to him a bit.

I agree, Tobi won't do a 180, but he'll definitely be far off from where he once stood. It'll be him trying to justify himself and then end up all wide eyed and amazed/shocked at something Naruto yells/shouts/insists. For some reason, after reading a bit of YuYu Hakusho again, I just can't help thinking that Tobi will try to fight back still, or say something he should keep secret and Madara will show up and kill him, having dealt with the Kages, etc etc. and saving us the trouble of having to deal with a character flipping things around again.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:59   Link #155
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
So...Kakashi is out of chakra. How is Naruto supposed to do anything now?
Kakashi should have run out of chakra 2 days ago. Edo-Tensei is contagious, everybody is running on nearly infinite chakra in this war.
What I mean to say is that if a couple more Kamui are needed Kakashi will be able to do it thanks to the power of feeling.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 14:33   Link #156
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Tobi is obviously connected to Obito but it's not clear how.

Is Tobi Obito? Or is he just using his eye? Maybe he is in possession of his full body some how.

He called Kakashi's Kamaui "borrowed" and that he would show its "real" power which suggests that he didn't just get Obito's eye he has the full power of the Sharingan. If he is Obito it doesn't make any sense to me. How did Obito get so powerful? How does Obito know Uchiha Madara? How is Obito a grown man fighting against Minato when Kakashi was still a teenager?

Kishimoto has a lot of explaining to do.
Old 2012-08-27, 15:26   Link #157
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Kakashi should have run out of chakra 2 days ago. Edo-Tensei is contagious, everybody is running on nearly infinite chakra in this war.
What I mean to say is that if a couple more Kamui are needed Kakashi will be able to do it thanks to the power of feeling.
You mean the will of fire?
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:17   Link #158
Ero-Senn1n

Also if Tobi is Obito only Kakashi can confirm it, and his reaction is what's important for the story, so he can't go to sleep now.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:36   Link #159
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That's no exaggeration...look how many Kamui + Rai Bunshin + Raikiri Kakashi has already used versus what he could use in the past.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 03:39   Link #160
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
The last page of Chapter 598 is...

WHO ARE YOU!!??
Look at chapter 16 page 2...

Coincidence, very early foreshadowing or coincidental very early foreshadowing?
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion